View Poll Results: What Disney Property Should Zen Tackle Next?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney Afternoon

2 4.88%
  • Disney Animated Canon

6 14.63%
  • Indiana Jones

9 21.95%
  • Kingdom Hearts

1 2.44%
  • LucasArts

5 12.20%
  • Pixar

8 19.51%
  • Other (please specify)

8 19.51%
  • None

2 4.88%

Thread: What Disney Property Should Zen Tackle Next?

Question What Disney Property Should Zen Tackle Next?

With Marvel Pinball seemingly winding down and Star Wars Pinball gearing up for release in the next few weeks, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the rest of Disney's catalog and see what looked most appealing. Here's my take:
    • Disney Afternoon: This could prove fertile ground indeed for Zen to work their magic. A Gargoyles table with a day/night system à la Blade is a must for this pack, while a DuckTales/Darkwing Duck combo table with some other means of changing between Duckburg and St. Canard could also prove worthwhile. TaleSpin and Rescue Rangers are my picks to fill out a 4-pack, but I wouldn't turn down a Gummi Bears table if it were to come up at some point.
    • Disney Animated Canon: This is the 800-pound gorilla of Disney properties, so I would call this mandatory for Zen to do at some point. All 4 initial tables should be from the Disney Renaissance, with Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid as my picks for the starting four. We can have a little more variety in the follow-up pack, with my picks here being Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Fantasia, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Princess and the Frog. I initially wanted Wreck-It Ralph in here somewhere, but licensing for that one would be nightmarish, especially for Q*Bert, which is a Sony property by way of Sony Pictures.
    • Indiana Jones: This was specifically name-dropped as a possible follow-up to Star Wars Pinball, but this is actually the option I'd be the least hyped over. The movies could all make great tables, but there isn't as much EU material to work with as with Star Wars (though an Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis table would be amazing). My recommendation is to do this as a series of one-offs, with 2 or 3 EU tables per movie table.
    • Kingdom Hearts: I initially wanted this one to be part of a Disney Gamers' Pack, but Kingdom Hearts has more than enough material to support a 4-pack. The original game is obviously a must, but the rest is a little harder to parse. I think, though, that Kingdom Hearts II, Dream Drop Distance and either 358/2 Days or Birth By Sleep would make the best combination for a 4-pack.
    • LucasArts: This, my friends, is the motherlode! You just know you'd love to see a Monkey Island table and a Maniac Mansion table can't be far behind. Full Throttle and Grim Fandango would fill out a 4-pack nicely, but there are certainly other fantastic games you could pick here.
    • Pixar: This might seem like an oddball pick, but Pixar's films could easily make the transition to Zen Pinball. A Toy Story trilogy table makes for an obvious centerpiece, but you can pretty much take your pick for the other three. Myself, I think that Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc. and WALL-E would make for the best Pixar pack.

Well, that about sums up my point of view. What do you guys make of this?
    Last edited by CC13; 02-18-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Indiana Jones and Lucasarts in general get my support.A ZakMcKracken table could be amazing.Lots of other options too.I think a Tron table could also be awesome.Special shout out to Howard the Duck!A Howard the Duck table together with the official Cherry Bombs tracks!That would rock my world!
    Last edited by ALH2012; 02-18-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CC13 View Post
    [*]LucasArts: This, my friends, is the motherlode! You just know you'd love to see a Monkey Island table and a Maniac Mansion table can't be far behind. Full Throttle and Grim Fandango would fill out a 4-pack nicely, but there are certainly other fantastic games you could pick here.
    You forgot Day of the Tentacle. I forgive you

I'm a cartoon fanatic so obviously I would love either the Disney Afternoon, or more importantly....Disney Animated Canon! Tons of material to work with there.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I'm an animation nut, so I went with Pixar.

You forgot Pirates of the Caribbean that could be a amazing theme.

But I think Zen has signed with LucasArts, not with Disney. So in all that you mentioned, only Indiana Jones could be probable.
    Last edited by wims; 02-18-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

My all time favorite video game is Grim Fandango. The Disney movie I would like seen made into a table would have to be Swiss Family Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post

But I think Zen has signed with LucasArts, not with Disney. So in all that you mentioned, only Indiana Jones could be probable.
    Yes, they signed with Lucasarts, but Disney does own Lucasfilm now, as well as Marvel. It's just the possibility that with those relationships that we can only hope they can get some other "real" Disney stuff going

I'd love Indy and Tron, but I'd also love an animation table, preferably something in the lines of Beauty and the Beast (I swear it's the best Disney animated movie)...Or DuckTales would be awesome, too.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? Jeez, didn't know much people knew about that one lol Although I never played it in it's prime, I did play Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (love that game).

Kindgom Hearts would be awesome as well.

I've never been too wild over Pixar.
    Last edited by snakeman07; 02-18-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Pixar, meh lol

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post

You're correct. Our license is not with Disney, but with LucasArts. At this point it only includes Star Wars, but we'll see how LucasArts likes what we've done and maybe we'll go from there

I'm sure i would enjoy any of those options, but the only one i would really get excited for would have to be lucasarts games. love me some adventure games. :P
    PSN: fullmetalmeecrob

Other: Tron

I voted for Disney Animated Canon but I would also really like to see some tables based off of popular videogames, with console exclusives, and tables based on popular musical artists/bands. Tons of material with a huge built-in fan base. Seems like a no brainer to me.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I'm an animation nut, so I went with Pixar.
    Same here, lots of great Pixar material out there.. although Disney "Canon" would be a close second I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    but we'll see how LucasArts likes what we've done and maybe we'll go from there
    I hope you will do
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Are there any Lost fans here ? Fancy a table with the Black Smoke in the middle trying to capture your ball, and special missions for Jack, Kate, John and Hurley ? Wizard Mode would be "Jacob Mode" !! Would be awesome lol... I'm sure Disney would be very happy to make more money with that series, especially now that it's being kind of forgotten.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

A TOY STORY Table would be off the chain.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I'm all in for a 4 pack with Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Grim Fandango.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

pixar deffently i would love to see a cars table
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Quote Originally Posted by hhphchrisryan View Post
    Other: Tron
    i can defently see that.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Definitely Disney Afternoon!

These shows were VERY popular back then, and still are, but Disney doesn't do anything with them. You can bet that a LOT of people would suddenly get interested into this, because there's a huge demand for Disney Afternoon stuff that Disney doesn't fill at all! They were amazing shows, for all the family and which hold up extremely well, even better than some of the films!
    Not that I don't like Disney feature films, not at all, but they have been overly used over the years!

So yeah, TaleSpin especially for me, my favorite TV show EVER!
    (NB : We're actually making a TaleSpin fan game! See that : http://www.facebook.com/TalespinFanGame)

This will sound like an odd choice, but I think a table for either Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb would probably have the best shot at being made. They're both very popular shows, currently running, and have enough characters and scenarios to make an interesting table. Based on past interviews about Marvel and Star Wars Pinball, it seems like the company ultimately decides what can or should be made, but given the amount of tables Zen signs on to create, they do occasionally get some freedom to create a table based on a less popular or used property. What I mean to say is I doubt we'll be seeing a Darkwing Duck or Lilo & Stitch table anytime soon unless Zen starts putting out tons of other Disney material. With that said, Disney and Pixar have enough worthwhile new material (including the shows listed above) to make some fun tables so I'd be happy if Zen and Disney do strike up a deal.

Convince Disney and grab a Ducktales licence.
    I heared Disney likes to make money so there are opportunities
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 02-19-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Day of the Tentacle table... oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I voted for Disney Animated Canon but I would also really like to see some tables based off of popular videogames, with console exclusives, and tables based on popular musical artists/bands. Tons of material with a huge built-in fan base. Seems like a no brainer to me.
    based on music... interesting.

How about a KMFDM influenced table w/ art style like Brute?
    There was an old FPS video game that was like playing an acid trip where brute did all the art. I forget it's name. Hopefully someone here can help me out on that.

I mean one can dream, a new KMFDM album is coming out very soon and I've been listening to them since 89 or so. Seen them live more than any other music act.

I think it would be awesome if they made tables based on the different Disney parks. Imagine all the different events you could do on the table with all the possible rides and etc. I would also love a Fantasia table.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicynun View Post
    I think it would be awesome if they made tables based on the different Disney parks. Imagine all the different events you could do on the table with all the possible rides and etc. I would also love a Fantasia table.
    Oh, I really like that idea! It's been proven to work, too–the last entry in Sierra's 3D Ultra Pinball, Thrill Ride, was based off of Hershey Park. Personally, I really wish more theme parks would allow for their likenesses to be licensed like that.

Love the Disney Afternoon. (I still know the majority of the theme songs by heart).

But for purposes of pinball, give me Henry Jones, Jr any day.

I would jump at Tron tables. Especially a set of three, one of the original film, another for Tron: Legacy,and last but not least Tron: Uprising.

Tron and Puss 'n Boots.

I would LOVE too see Zen do an old fashioned black and white Mickey table. EPIC WIN.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Or in the Vein of the Wii game Epic Mickey. Or, Fantasia, YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Or in the Vein of the Wii game Epic Mickey. Or, Fantasia, YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH.
    Fantasia seems to be the most favored for a Disney table. I won't lie, that table would be extravagent and the music absolutely must match the awesomeness that is Fantasia. That would be a big pressure on Zen. If they were to ever do that...they would have to release the Fantasia table by itself just because how big the table and the effects would have to be, PLUS the music must be right. No pressure!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I would LOVE too see Zen do an old fashioned black and white Mickey table. EPIC WIN.
    I wouldn't mind seeing one with a toggle option for color and B&W.

Ducktales would be a dream come true. Donald Duck & Scrooge McDuck are my fav comic heroes!

A Tron based table would be really cool too.
    PSN: DreamyElf

Other:
    1.) Tron
    2.) Rocketeer
    3.) Roger Rabbit
    4.) Muppets

Live action Disney films

Disney animated canon would be my top choice, followed closely by Indiana Jones. When playing El Dorado I always pretend I'm playing Indiana Jones/Uncharted/Tomb Raider

I grew up on Disney animation and have passed my love for hand drawn art to my children. It would be amazing to have a pack or three of animated classics. Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, and so many more, I have to stop... Dreaming of these as Zen tables... it's very zen like.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaughtto View Post
    Other:
    1.) Tron
    2.) Rocketeer
    3.) Roger Rabbit
    4.) Muppets

Live action Disney films
    Oh man, I forgot Disney had the Muppets too. If they were in the poll, the Muppets would have been my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Fantasia seems to be the most favored for a Disney table. I won't lie, that table would be extravagent and the music absolutely must match the awesomeness that is Fantasia. That would be a big pressure on Zen. If they were to ever do that...they would have to release the Fantasia table by itself just because how big the table and the effects would have to be, PLUS the music must be right. No pressure!
    Absolutely! Have you seen Fantasia 2000 Ralfie? It is AMAZING. If they threw some of that new stuff/music,which is ultimately old schoolish anyway,would rule so friggin hard.

And shogun,great idea my friend.

Absolutely! Have you seen Fantasia 2000 Ralfie? It is AMAZING. If they threw some of that new stuff/music,which is ultimately old schoolish anyway,would rule so friggin hard.

And shogun,great idea my friend.
    LOL Ralfie! It's Rafie (Ray-fee). Sorry I got a kick out of that. That's the 2nd time you called me that.

Anyway, I have every animated Disney movie that has come on DVD, and every animated classic that was released for blu-ray. Yup that includes the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 combo DVD. Which is AWESOME!!! I really enjoy the music and the visuals. Disney movies rarely ever disappoint me. It's one of the few companies I know that will give me a good movie these days.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Cool. And yeah, always just thought it was ralfie,sorry bout that my man,always glanced at your name quickly. Anyway, I know it's Rafie from now on And forget a Fantasia table, we would be better off with a Fantasia 2000 table!!!

And forget a Fantasia table, we would be better off with a Fantasia 2000 table!!!
    I disagree, I don't enjoy Fantasia 2000 nearly as much as Fantasia.

"Old Yeller" table... high scores = tears

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Right! Fantasia is EPIC on all proportions.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Skaughtto View Post
    "Old Yeller" table... high scores = tears
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,good one man.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    That's fine and dandy. I think that we can all agree that Fantasia in general is one of the best things to come down the Disney pipe line though.