Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: FREE 10$ From PSN message

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    137

    Default FREE 10$ From PSN message

    anyone get one of these as a massages and no there was no strings attached no send to 50 friends bs, vary bizarre i have spent over 500$ on psn over the last several years but still why give out money like this?

    i accepted mine but i would still say approach with caution

    Edit: it is fully Legit so no worries

    http://kotaku.com/5985535/here-ameri...ystation-store

    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...u-s-customers/

    http://community.us.playstation.com/...9592133/page/6

    http://n4g.com/news/1177339/sony-is-...10-psn-voucher
    Last edited by RabidShark; 02-22-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: more links

  2. #2
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Dude, it's legit They started sending them out at 12pm central time last night, great way to start the day of the big PlayStation event.

  3. #3
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Like snakeman07 said, they are legit. The "[PSN]" marker/ID is Sony. I got a few messages from them over the years. Usually it's when there is a PSN game that contains an issue (Pinball Arcade was one of them) and they want to make sure that you are aware of the patch that's available for it.
    Last edited by shogun00; 02-21-2013 at 03:12 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Sony FTW!!! That was really nice of them. Now THAT'S how you treat your fans.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  5. #5
    Junior Member Meecrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    20

    Default

    No $10 for me Too bad, I was hoping to use it for the star wars tables lol
    PSN: fullmetalmeecrob

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    137

    Default

    they may still be handing them out tomorrow, hopefully other loyal PS3 players get there's as well.

    its really quite nice of them first 2 free games after the PSN hack now this i wish i could Hug them but i guess hugging my PS3 will have to do

  7. #7
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    I got one today, it's a $10 voucher (redeem code). It appears that those that have bought something on the PSN within the past two weeks will receive one. I bought two DLC packs within the past two weeks for The Pinball Arcade.

  8. #8
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Nice, covers the cost of the first three SW tables. No code for me yet but have 20 in psn wallet awaiting the 26th.

  9. #9
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I got one today, it's a $10 voucher (redeem code). It appears that those that have bought something on the PSN within the past two weeks will receive one. I bought two DLC packs within the past two weeks for The Pinball Arcade.
    I'm 99.9% positive I haven't bought anything in the last two weeks. The last thing I bought was Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 on January 21st, and I got one. I don't think we'll ever know the true reasoning behind the whole "loyalty" thing, but there are many angry players out there right now lol.

  10. #10
    Senior Member MarkItZeroSmoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    197

    Default

    And ive made purchases on 2/5, 2/12 & 2/15 and have not received a voucher or code. Im not really upset, its only ten bucks, but hey, it wouldve been nice.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    I bought the TZ, BS, and SS dlc for the Pinball Arcade as well and didn't get a voucher. I guess I have been disloyal. Maybe Sony caught me with my xbox 360 mistress.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I bought the TZ, BS, and SS dlc for the Pinball Arcade as well and didn't get a voucher. I guess I have been disloyal. Maybe Sony caught me with my xbox 360 mistress.
    (Gasps in judgement!) For shame surf1der.......for shame.

  13. #13
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    I'm 99.9% positive I haven't bought anything in the last two weeks. The last thing I bought was Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 on January 21st, and I got one. I don't think we'll ever know the true reasoning behind the whole "loyalty" thing, but there are many angry players out there right now lol.
    I'm just going with what other forum users are saying on other sites. The one thing that was in common is that many of the people that didn't receive a code didn't buy or download anything for several weeks.

    Have you downloaded anything on the PSN store in the past two weeks? It's possible that you don't have to buy anything and it just needs to detect activity. Then again, it's possible that there are just a few snags in the message server and everyone was suppose to get one.

    This is just all speculation of coarse, since Sony hasn't said anything.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I got one today, it's a $10 voucher (redeem code). It appears that those that have bought something on the PSN within the past two weeks will receive one. I bought two DLC packs within the past two weeks for The Pinball Arcade.
    Yeah probably the only reason I got 1 is that I purchased Twilight Zone and Scared Stiff/Big shot pack for TPA. I Really wouldn't pay for anything else right now.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Yeah probably the only reason I got 1 is that I purchased Twilight Zone and Scared Stiff/Big shot pack for TPA. I Really wouldn't pay for anything else right now.
    I think they were sent out randomly and had nothing to do with customer "loyalty." I bought the same DLC as you for TPA and didn't get anything.
    Last edited by surf1der; 02-21-2013 at 07:06 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I'm just going with what other forum users are saying on other sites. The one thing that was in common is that many of the people that didn't receive a code didn't buy or download anything for several weeks.

    Have you downloaded anything on the PSN store in the past two weeks? It's possible that you don't have to buy anything and it just needs to detect activity. Then again, it's possible that there are just a few snags in the message server and everyone was suppose to get one.

    This is just all speculation of coarse, since Sony hasn't said anything.
    Oh yeah, I've downloaded stuff over the past two weeks, but I think that has nothing to do with it. There's a big thread over at the official PS forums, it's a real mess. Apparently even some new users who just made accounts fairly recently happened to get one, then there are those who really are "loyal" and haven't got anything yet. We'll never know.

  17. #17
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Just got the 10 code, my last purchace was AC2 in early Dec. Perhaps more coming just takes some time. Anyways its going to the SW tables like many here. I noticed there is an expire date of march 5th so theres still time for many more codes.

  18. #18
    Senior Member ER777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Dude, it's legit They started sending them out at 12pm central time last night, great way to start the day of the big PlayStation event.
    Yup. I got one too. It launched the store and added $10 to my wallet, no BS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •