Results 1 to 45 of 45

Thread: Four tables out today for Pinball FX 2 Win 8.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18

    Default Four tables out today for Pinball FX 2 Win 8.

    Tesla
    Eldorado
    Shaman
    V12

    Pinball FX kept bombing out since this update.
    Uninstall the game and reinstall it and then you can buy the tables and download them. Your scores will be saved.
    Enjoy.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Doh it's started freezing now it's never done that before.
    Last edited by Kaboom75; 02-22-2013 at 12:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default Works for me

    Hi all
    I just bought, downloaded tables, they are installed without problems
    (I did not have to uninstall and reinstall Pinball FX2 ..)
    Tables work very well ... until now ... as long as continues here...

    Thank you very much for this great Zen Studios surprise

    Hi Barbie
    If you remember, I had many problems to download other tables (see gopinball forum) ... as you can see, when it works well, I also said

    BIL

  4. #4

    Default

    Glad it's working now!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Glad it's working now!
    Actually it's not. I can purchase other single tables but when I try to buy the $9.99 Zen Classic pack, it either hangs forever with a circle or tells me "Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

    I've uninstalled then reinstalled the game and that doesn't do anything. And just to reiterate, I am able to buy single tables just fine. Any suggestions? Is this a known problem that's being fixed?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landozelig View Post
    Actually it's not. I can purchase other single tables but when I try to buy the $9.99 Zen Classic pack, it either hangs forever with a circle or tells me "Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

    I've uninstalled then reinstalled the game and that doesn't do anything. And just to reiterate, I am able to buy single tables just fine. Any suggestions? Is this a known problem that's being fixed?
    I'll run it by the team so they can look into it, thanks for letting me know.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I'll run it by the team so they can look into it, thanks for letting me know.
    I been on the phone with microsoft over this. It is an issue with the latest table pack. It looks like it may have been delisted or purchase blocked on the store site. I created a new profile and verified I can purchase any table *except* the new table pack. It always responds with "purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try later". It's not a matter of the store being busy or any server congestion either as all other content can be purchased. (I bought a game I didnt want to verify my account wasnt locked out, I created a new profile and bought a different table to verify in app purchases for pbfx2 work, only the new pack cant be purchased).

    The tech support person is reading some content that may indicate that because these addons were available on pinball fx1, there's something about they cannot be available for both pbfx1 and pbfx2. I don't know, he seems very confused, but it sounds like some sort of sales block.
    Last edited by markmon; 02-22-2013 at 07:10 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    I been on the phone with microsoft over this. It is an issue with the latest table pack. It looks like it may have been delisted or purchase blocked on the store site. I created a new profile and verified I can purchase any table *except* the new table pack. It always responds with "purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try later". It's not a matter of the store being busy or any server congestion either as all other content can be purchased. (I bought a game I didnt want to verify my account wasnt locked out, I created a new profile and bought a different table to verify in app purchases for pbfx2 work, only the new pack cant be purchased).

    The tech support person is reading some content that may indicate that because these addons were available on pinball fx1, there's something about they cannot be available for both pbfx1 and pbfx2. I don't know, he seems very confused, but it sounds like some sort of sales block.
    Thanks for the info--I know the team is looking into it to figure out what the deal is.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Freezes every 5 - 10 mins it's un playable was fine yesterday.

  10. #10

    Default

    Have you all installed the latest update for Pinball FX2? Please do so and let me know if you have any issues.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landozelig View Post
    Actually it's not. I can purchase other single tables but when I try to buy the $9.99 Zen Classic pack, it either hangs forever with a circle or tells me "Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

    I've uninstalled then reinstalled the game and that doesn't do anything. And just to reiterate, I am able to buy single tables just fine. Any suggestions? Is this a known problem that's being fixed?

    Hi
    I've had a similar problem ...
    I do not want to pry, but you have only one payment method?
    If you have two (example: credit card and paypal) try a payment method, then try another ... it can solve the problem

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilil1 View Post
    Hi
    I've had a similar problem ...
    I do not want to pry, but you have only one payment method?
    If you have two (example: credit card and paypal) try a payment method, then try another ... it can solve the problem
    In this case, the issue is not related to payment method. As I indicated, I was able to buy other tables and other store content just fine. I even bought some unwanted stuff to test.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for the info--I know the team is looking into it to figure out what the deal is.
    It works fine for me if I buy the pack through the Win8 store, and then launch the game and it downloaded. This is way I used to have to buy them in the past.

    Tesla plays fantastic in the cabinet!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    In this case, the issue is not related to payment method. As I indicated, I was able to buy other tables and other store content just fine. I even bought some unwanted stuff to test.
    Did you install the latest update?

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilil1 View Post
    Hi
    I've had a similar problem ...
    I do not want to pry, but you have only one payment method?
    If you have two (example: credit card and paypal) try a payment method, then try another ... it can solve the problem
    Thats ok, you're not prying

    Yes, I only use Paypal, but I bought 5 other tables today. This is an issue with the new 4 table pack, not my payment method, but thanks for the tip - I had actually thought of that for a brief second.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    It works fine for me if I buy the pack through the Win8 store, and then launch the game and it downloaded. This is way I used to have to buy them in the past.

    Tesla plays fantastic in the cabinet!
    How do you buy it through the Win8 Store? I search for Tesla or Avengers and don't get anything. Searching for 'Pinball' only gives me 3 choices ... PinballFX 2 and 2 other pinball programs.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landozelig View Post
    How do you buy it through the Win8 Store? I search for Tesla or Avengers and don't get anything. Searching for 'Pinball' only gives me 3 choices ... PinballFX 2 and 2 other pinball programs.
    This is from memory...
    Go in store and find Pinball FX2. Select Explore game (you might need to scroll across to find it), and you will find there are 20 items available including the classic pack. Hope that works for you.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    This is from memory...
    Go in store and find Pinball FX2. Select Explore game (you might need to scroll across to find it), and you will find there are 20 items available including the classic pack. Hope that works for you.
    This doesn't work for me either, same error, "Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

    The steps are:
    - windows key + q
    - in search type "pinball", in the icon list click "windows apps" (not store)
    - find the pinball fx2 for xbox games (not xbox 360) and click it
    - Hit "explore"
    - Scroll the progress bar until you see "more content" or something to this effect.
    - Here you can view all addons and buy them outside of the pb fx2 app.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Have you all installed the latest update for Pinball FX2? Please do so and let me know if you have any issues.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled pinball fx2. I have also gone to force update checks and it finds nothing. I assume I'm on the latest version. What is the latest version? I can check the files and see.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks - I figured out what I was doing wrong. When you said the Win8 Store, I clicked on the green "Store" icon. All you can get there is the main Pinball FX2 game, no tables. You have to click on the green "Games" icon. Then Pinball FX2 shows up under "recent games", there you can pick 'explore game' and find the tables.

    Still doesn't work for me though, but now I can't buy anything. xbox.com also shows me a runtime error, so I think MS has some problems right now.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Just reinstalled it again and now I only have the Mars table even though I own all of them.
    Reinstalled it again and still only one table.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom75 View Post
    Just reinstalled it again and now I only have the Mars table even though I own all of them.
    Reinstalled it again and still only one table.
    There is a restore button, what happens when you click that?

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landozelig View Post
    Thanks - I figured out what I was doing wrong. When you said the Win8 Store, I clicked on the green "Store" icon. All you can get there is the main Pinball FX2 game, no tables. You have to click on the green "Games" icon. Then Pinball FX2 shows up under "recent games", there you can pick 'explore game' and find the tables.

    Still doesn't work for me though, but now I can't buy anything. xbox.com also shows me a runtime error, so I think MS has some problems right now.
    Sorry about that - I was away from home when I wrote that so it was from memory. It's strange how different people are getting different behaviour. I have had my share of these kind of problems before but oddly enough today it works.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Sorry about that - I was away from home when I wrote that so it was from memory. It's strange how different people are getting different behaviour. I have had my share of these kind of problems before but oddly enough today it works.
    Unrelated to this issue of purchasing these, microsofts store went down for 45 minutes or so but is back up. That's what caused no one that reinstalled to get their content back.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    So is Bilil1 the only person who was able to purchase these 4 new tables, or have other people gotten them?

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landozelig View Post
    So is Bilil1 the only person who was able to purchase these 4 new tables, or have other people gotten them?
    No, I have another friend that got them.

    Now when I try to buy this in the windows store method (not the pinball fx app,but the windows app method), I get this error:

    "Sorry, the xbox service isn't available right now. Can't access this item because it's no longer available."

  26. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Borås, Sweden
    Posts
    79

    Default

    v12 lags alot and keeps crashing the game if I pause (to try to survive through the lag) no idea if it's just me and my computer or something with the table. the other 3 tables works great only that the super combo achievement isn't unlocking for me even tho i've gotten over 15 so far, maybe more types of super combos I'm not aware of?

    edit* Second achievement on shaman table unlocked on my 35-40th super combo, no idea if more things factor in than just the combo?
    Last edited by Kinkimono; 02-23-2013 at 05:44 PM.

  27. #27

    Default

    I just managed to purchase the pack (finally). I ended up logging out of my profile, installing pinballfx2 on another windows 8 computer, buying it there, going back to my original computer and installing my content.

  28. #28

    Default

    Hello. I am not able to purchase the classic tables, a message appear when I try to buy them into the game: "Can't buy it right now, try it later". I want to play this tables because they are my favourites but I can't. What should I do?? And when offline playing?? I only can play the game when I am in my home, and my internet is slowly and sometimes fail!!!!!

  29. #29

    Exclamation Cannot purchase classic tables

    I also cannot purchase the classic tables in-game nor in the games app on my Windows 8 PC. Please email me how and or when this issue will be resolved.

    Thank you

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Have you all installed the latest update for Pinball FX2? Please do so and let me know if you have any issues.

    BarbieBobomb mentioned the above yesterday, and over the past few weeks I have seen in this forum other mentions of updates to Pinball FX2.

    I first installed Pinball FX2 on 2/03/2013, but since then I have never seen an update for the Pinball FX2 app in the Windows Store. I have regularly logged onto the Windows Store, done check for updates, and I have found an occasional "update available" for some of the Windows 8 builtin apps such as Reader. But I have never seen an update for Pinball FX2. Should I have seen any Updates for Pinball FX2 in the Windows Store since Feb 3rd ? If so, could I be doing something wrong?

    Please note: In in my Collection I do see the grayed out place holders icons for Tesla, Eldorado, Shaman, and V12 (which are the 4 new tables mentioned in this thread) and I assume I got these 4 icons from being logged onto XBOX Games. I am just wondering if I am missing updates to the Pinball FX2 base app itself since I have never seen such an "Update Available" for Pinball FX2 itself in the Windows Store.
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-24-2013 at 08:11 AM.

  31. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I agree - I have seen her mention updating your game and I have no idea what that's about. I have never seen an update for PinballFX 2. I still can't buy the 4 new tables, so I tried what someone else had mentioned - uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. I do NOT recommend this to anyone because it erases your high scores. Wasn't a huge deal as I'd mainly only played Mars, but for someone with a lot of time into the game, they might be quite upset to lose all their high scores. It's mentioned so casually all the time, like "oh yeah, just uninstall then reinstall it and everything will be good". They never mention the high scores being wiped.

  32. #32
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landozelig View Post
    I agree - I have seen her mention updating your game and I have no idea what that's about. I have never seen an update for PinballFX 2. I still can't buy the 4 new tables, so I tried what someone else had mentioned - uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. I do NOT recommend this to anyone because it erases your high scores. Wasn't a huge deal as I'd mainly only played Mars, but for someone with a lot of time into the game, they might be quite upset to lose all their high scores. It's mentioned so casually all the time, like "oh yeah, just uninstall then reinstall it and everything will be good". They never mention the high scores being wiped.
    To check for updates manually, go to the Store in the metro interface, being up the Charms bar, select Settings, go to App updates, and choose the Check for Updates button.

    Local high scores will get erased with uninstall/reinstall, but Leaderboard entries should stay intact.

  33. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    To check for updates manually, go to the Store in the metro interface, being up the Charms bar, select Settings, go to App updates, and choose the Check for Updates button.

    Local high scores will get erased with uninstall/reinstall, but Leaderboard entries should stay intact.
    Solitude, I have been doing exactly as you are saying. (In fact BarbieBobomb, who like yourself is also from Zen Studio staff, and I corresponded about that very manual procedure in another thread I had started after I asked if updates are automatic or not: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ates-automatic). But since I first installed Pinball FX2 for the first time on 02/03/2013, I have never seen even one update in the Store for Pinball FX2, even when I manually checks for updates using that procedure. Which doesn't make sense to me because I keep reading about updates in this forum.

    Solitude or BarbieBobomb, I really hope I can learn more about why the manual update check in the Win8 Store has not been providing any "update available" messages to me for Pinball FX2. I would like to get this resolved before I make the decision of purchasing addtional tables beyond the ones I already own. Any suggestions from either of you (or anyone else reading this)?

    Another question for anyone: Is there some way to compare the version number of the Pinball FX2 app I have already installed in Windows 8 to the version number of the most recent version offered by Zen Studios?
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-25-2013 at 12:27 AM.

  34. #34
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seattlemark View Post
    Solitude, I have been doing exactly as you are saying. (In fact BarbieBobomb, who like yourself is also from Zen Studio staff, and I corresponded about that very manual procedure in another thread I had started after I asked if updates are automatic or not: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ates-automatic). But since I first installed Pinball FX2 for the first time on 02/03/2013, I have never seen even one update in the Store for Pinball FX2, even when I manually checks for updates using that procedure. Which doesn't make sense to me because I keep reading about updates in this forum.

    Solitude or BarbieBobomb, I really hope I can learn more about why the manual update check in the Win8 Store has not been providing any "update available" messages to me for Pinball FX2. I would like to get this resolved before I make the decision of purchasing addtional tables beyond the ones I already own. Any suggestions from either of you (or anyone else reading this)?

    Another question for anyone: Is there some way to compare the version number of the Pinball FX2 app I have already installed in Windows 8 to the version number of the most recent version offered by Zen Studios?
    The only place I know to see the version number is in the program folder name. The latest one is 1.3.0.452, released Feb 7.

    You can find the folder by following these steps (they make it really difficult, for some reason):http://www.wikihow.com/Access-Metro-...r-in-Windows-8. The folder name is Microsoft.Studios.PinballFX2_versionnumber_CPUtype _gibberish

    If you can't get the update, then it's possible that Microsoft is doing something funky like releasing it at different times in different regions/countries. Or who knows. The system seems to have some growing pains, particularly in relation to profiles and DLC...

  35. #35

    Default

    This is the folder I found in there: Microsoft.Studios.PinballFx2_1.3.0.452_x86__8wekyb 3d8bbwe

  36. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Thanks Solitude and TheOutlawStarXB. My folder also is named
    Microsoft.Studios.PinballFx2_1.3.0.452_x86__8wekyb 3d8bbwe,
    so it sounds like I am current afterall.

    Now that I can open the windows app folder using those complex instructions linked to by Solitude and do properties on the Pinball FX2 app, I see now that I was incorrect about the Feb. 3rd date. Rather I see that I had installed Pinball FX2 on Feb 9th, which was after the Feb. 7th date mentioned by Solitude as when the current build was released. Hence no updates have been available since I installed....

    So, now I know that I am ready for, and am looking forward to next purchasing the Star Wars tables when they come out soon!

    P.S. In actuality there are no spaces before the "3d8bbwe" in my folder name, but my post here in this forum keeps saving it with the spaces (and I suspect the same thing happened when TheOutlawStarXB posted above). At any rate, according to Solitude that's part of the "gibberish" anyways.
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-25-2013 at 09:02 AM.

  37. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    france
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOutlawStarXB View Post
    I also cannot purchase the classic tables in-game nor in the games app on my Windows 8 PC. Please email me how and or when this issue will be resolved.

    Thank you
    hello,i do not arrive has to purchasse the pack i am French my English is not terrible. what must I make?

    thank.

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris008 View Post
    hello,i do not arrive has to purchasse the pack i am French my English is not terrible. what must I make?

    thank.
    *sigh* Still doesn't work even after that new update just released. :/

    Microsoft.Studios.PinballFx2_1.4.0.486_x86__8wekyb 3d8bbwe
    Last edited by TheOutlawStarXB; 02-26-2013 at 11:09 PM.

  39. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    france
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOutlawStarXB View Post
    *sigh* Still doesn't work even after that new update just released. :/
    thank you for the answer, i understood, business has to follow highly that it does what is necessary.

  40. #40

    Default

    I finally got the Zen Classic pinball tables. Normal way in-game purchasing never worked, so I went to the microsoft games app again to see if I could purchase it from there. It worked this time. Finally.

  41. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dortmund/Germany
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I can't pay the 4 tables.
    "The purchase could not be completed. Please try again later."
    Since 4 days i get that.
    Pinball FX2
    Windows 8 Pro

  42. #42
    Junior Member rassilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawitt View Post
    I can't pay the 4 tables.
    "The purchase could not be completed. Please try again later."
    Since 4 days i get that.
    Likewise, the store seems to be broken. Another user suggested searching for "pinball" in Apps, which doesn't work. I was able to find it (and explore add-ons) on the Games app, but I still can't purchase the new packs. They're listed as NOT_YET_LOCALIZED and therefore unavailable in the United States.
    Last edited by rassilon; 02-27-2013 at 06:31 PM.

  43. #43

    Default

    Thanks for the reports, everyone. I'll send to the team.

  44. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dortmund/Germany
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Meanwhile, I could buy all new tables.
    I had to delete my payment information complete.
    And then create new.
    Then it worked without problems.
    Pinball FX2
    Windows 8 Pro

  45. #45
    Junior Member rassilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawitt View Post
    Meanwhile, I could buy all new tables.
    I had to delete my payment information complete.
    And then create new.
    Then it worked without problems.
    Pure luck, I expect. While a few users have been able to purchase the new tables, most of us are in the dark. I tried resetting my payment information as well, but it did nothing.

    Correction: it did confirm one thing. Pinball FX 2 ignores the "do not require a password for purchases" selection I made on my Xbox Live account. That may be a security issue imposed by Microsoft for in-app purchases.

    Last edited by rassilon; 02-28-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •