Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boba Fett Table

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit X View Post
    I've got as far as the bit where you have to save Boba from the Sarlacc and you can only use missiles on the 10-50 million missions...and I think you can also use them to collect job shots when you're doing the 'Easy Bounty'.
    Yep! The Easy Bounty and the 10-50 missions are the only ones where you can cheat with the missiles.

I can confirm this, since I have defeated every mission at least once and completed the wizard mode.

At the moment I'm trying to nudge in opposite direction of the outlane (i.e. if it goes for the right lane, I nudge left) in an attempt to hit the ball with the sidewall of the table, knocking it back into play. Was wondering if this is the right way to go or if I should be trying something else perhaps?
    How and when to nudge the table when the ball rolls down the outlane depends on the table. On Boba Fett I found the easiest way to get a bang back (as it's called) is just to nudge directly upwards (12 o'clock) just as the ball passes the hinge of the flipper. On most tables though, it's wise to nudge the right stick at a 10 or 11 o'clock position if the ball goes down the right outlane, and 1 or 2 o'clock if the ball goes down the left outlane.

Of course that all depends on how fast the ball is travelling; if the ball is rolling slowly (such as if the ball goes down the middle, but it rolls up the outlane a bit) then nudge a bit later.

If the ball is travelling quickly down the outlane, nudge to the left or right to reduce the ball's momentum and speed before attempting a bang back (this requires two nudges, so don't do this if you had a nudge warning recently)
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    How and when to nudge the table when the ball rolls down the outlane depends on the table. On Boba Fett I found the easiest way to get a bang back (as it's called) is just to nudge directly upwards (12 o'clock) just as the ball passes the hinge of the flipper. On most tables though, it's wise to nudge the right stick at a 10 or 11 o'clock position if the ball goes down the right outlane, and 1 or 2 o'clock if the ball goes down the left outlane.

Of course that all depends on how fast the ball is travelling; if the ball is rolling slowly (such as if the ball goes down the middle, but it rolls up the outlane a bit) then nudge a bit later.

If the ball is travelling quickly down the outlane, nudge to the left or right to reduce the ball's momentum and speed before attempting a bang back (this requires two nudges, so don't do this if you had a nudge warning recently)
    Thanks for the advice but I think the bangbacks are the bit I understand ok. I was mainly asking about when you see the ball heading for the outlane, what can you do to stop it even going in there? Like I said, I've been mostly trying to nudge the side of the table into the ball but I wondered how other people approach this.

Default App crash

The Boba Fett table keeps crashing shortly after launch (using iPad 1 with iOS 5). It used to work, but crashes every time now. I've closed the app, powered down, all the usual tricks but nothing helps.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Yep! The Easy Bounty and the 10-50 missions are the only ones where you can cheat with the missiles.

I can confirm this, since I have defeated every mission at least once and completed the wizard mode.
    I failed wizard mode twice today and I'd like to know how many points I would have gotten for completing it so I hope you remember maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    I failed wizard mode twice today and I'd like to know how many points I would have gotten for completing it so I hope you remember maybe?
    The Wizard Mode itself is a timed scoring round, where all lit lanes are worth 1 Million points each.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The Wizard Mode itself is a timed scoring round, where all lit lanes are worth 1 Million points each.
    thx for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Quigonn73 View Post
    The Boba Fett table keeps crashing shortly after launch (using iPad 1 with iOS 5). It used to work, but crashes every time now. I've closed the app, powered down, all the usual tricks but nothing helps.
    This should be resolved now, still having issues?

Is there anywhere on this table that you can see how many missles you have available? I can't find it.

Is there anywhere on this table that you can see how many missles you have available? I can't find it.
    if you catch the ball and keep it on one of the flippers there will be some information starting to scroll on the DMD like how many extra balls you have and all that stuff
    I don't know if it says how many missiles you have but give it a try

It's on the backglass, near the bottom if I remember correctly. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to see with view 5 on my 360. Holding 'X' for freelook mode doesn't help much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    if you catch the ball and keep it on one of the flippers there will be some information starting to scroll on the DMD like how many extra balls you have and all that stuff
    I don't know if it says how many missiles you have but give it a try
    Unfortunately, the info scroll doesn't say how many you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyIronHead View Post
    It's on the backglass, near the bottom if I remember correctly. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to see with view 5 on my 360. Holding 'X' for freelook mode doesn't help much either.
    Aha, thanks! I guess I can always trap the ball and scroll through the views to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
    Found a pretty serious bug on this table. If you activate Jabba's 80m mission (where you're shooting down TIE Fighters) from the Sharpshooter bonus (instead of activating it normally), the camera never goes to the video mode, even though your controls do. And I think you actually lose the ball you were on, too, because it doesn't get caught.

So the moral is, if you get the Jabba Sharpshooter bonus, DON'T choose the 80m mission.
    I wish I had paid attention to this post before, I just had a very similar thing happen to me and definitely lost a ball.

I was at the end of a long game where I had already used my quota of 5 extra balls and was on ball 3. I did the skillshot and since extra ball was no longer available in the targets I figured I'd go for a Jabba bounty instead. The 80 million level was next up so I chose that - poor choice.

I knew something was wrong when it started to go into the video mode and I was holding both flippers but it wasn't fast-forwarding. Then right about when the first tie-fighter would be coming it suddenly pulled me out of video mode and right into the end of game initials entry - game over man!

So it definitely causes a lost ball. This is just a guess - but it seems like maybe something gets crossed up in this scenario and the mechanics of releasing the ball after the skillshot are triggered in the background while video mode starts. That would explain the lost ball anyway.

Hopefully with this information it will be something that can be fixed. For now I will avoid that 80m Jabba mission from the skillshot.

Well that's interesting. I thought the 80m Hutts mission would be the ticket to getting a high score on this table, considering how ridiculously easy that mission is.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    Well that's interesting. I thought the 80m Hutts mission would be the ticket to getting a high score on this table, considering how ridiculously easy that mission is.
    I totally agree, its definitely a great mission for scoring.. just don't choose it from the skillshot reward is all I meant.

Any advice for deliberately knocking the ball into the sarlaac pit?

Have made it to the 100 million point empire mission a few times (plus I know there are other modes that require this shot) and I haven't figured a consistent way to do this.
    I can sure do it undeliberately, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Any advice for deliberately knocking the ball into the sarlaac pit?

Have made it to the 100 million point empire mission a few times (plus I know there are other modes that require this shot) and I haven't figured a consistent way to do this.
    Just keep on hitting the spinner. Every time the spinner is hit during this mission, the timer will increase. If you miss the shot, then it'll go into the pit. You can pretty much keep the mission going with this trick until you complete it.

That's what I did and I was able to complete in about five or so minutes.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-06-2013 at 06:27 AM.

I've noticed that [the spinner]. Though, it doesn't seem to work for the last hit (spoiler: when Vader has Fett in a force-choke; the mode ended on me even though it said I had 45 seconds left).

Maybe hitting with both flippers helps? Or trying not to crush the controller every time I press a button

I have to test this out more, but a tip for the Jabba 100 million point bounty: sometimes the rocket shot moves the ball really fast, and will cause it to bounce immediately down the drain or into an outlane. Nudging the table will slow this down. I do think you have to wait until Fett hits the ball, though. You can't rely on it too much, unfortunately, or you'll probably tilt the table (I'm not good at flip passing, so I usually use nudge passing to switch flippers, hence the issue)

I've noticed that [the spinner]. Though, it doesn't seem to work for the last hit (spoiler: when Vader has Fett in a force-choke; the mode ended on me even though it said I had 45 seconds left).
    That's odd! That has never happen to me before. Perhaps it was a glitch.

I have to test this out more, but a tip for the Jabba 100 million point bounty: sometimes the rocket shot moves the ball really fast, and will cause it to bounce immediately down the drain or into an outlane. Nudging the table will slow this down. I do think you have to wait until Fett hits the ball, though. You can't rely on it too much, unfortunately, or you'll probably tilt the table (I'm not good at flip passing, so I usually use nudge passing to switch flippers, hence the issue)
    The rocket must hit the ball for it to count.

I personally rely on the bounce pass (dead flipper pass) to get the ball back under the control after the rocket hits it. No matter how fast the ball goes after the rocket hits it, the ball will always hit the flippers. Having them in the up position is when it can go down the middle or go into the outlane.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-07-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Maybe hitting with both flippers helps? Or trying not to crush the controller every time I press a button
    I think the spinner and the Empire ramp both increase the time but after you have got the ball in the Pit twice you only seem to get about 30 seconds to enter the Pit for the third and final time no matter what time you had left or if you hit either of those two shots.

As has been said, I don't think there is a sure fire way to get the ball in the Pit, the best I have found is to try and 'volley' the ball as it drops down, this can give you a less clean shot and it sometimes drops. Bit risky though as the ball isn't under control really.

Yeah, I remember the first time I got that far (needing only one more shot) and seeing Fett's meter drain even though i had the 40 seconds. WTF? I did manage to succeed the next time, but haven't since.

I'll have to try the dead flipper bounce pass [with the Jabba bounty]. Had thought about it in the past, but have always been afraid to figure out if it would work; I'd feel really, really, dumb if I tried it and the ball just rolled off the flipper and down the drain and it's game over (I'm almost always on ball 3 at this point).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
    Found a pretty serious bug on this table. If you activate Jabba's 80m mission (where you're shooting down TIE Fighters) from the Sharpshooter bonus (instead of activating it normally), the camera never goes to the video mode, even though your controls do. And I think you actually lose the ball you were on, too, because it doesn't get caught.

So the moral is, if you get the Jabba Sharpshooter bonus, DON'T choose the 80m mission.
    In case anyone was wondering, I can confirm this has been fixed with the Star Wars Standalone update. In a way I think is maybe not the best news as it makes the potential for spamming this mission even more tempting! Assuming you can hit the skillshot and choose Jabba that is...

I'll have to try the dead flipper bounce pass [with the Jabba bounty]. Had thought about it in the past, but have always been afraid to figure out if it would work; I'd feel really, really, dumb if I tried it and the ball just rolled off the flipper and down the drain and it's game over (I'm almost always on ball 3 at this point).

Thanks
    Well, tried the dead bounce pass idea. Worked like a charm on the first 2 shots, but on shot #3, the ball flew around the ramp, hit the flipper, and rolled right down the drain.

Rather frustrating game. Finished the 60 million bounty (usually my game wrecker) on ball #1. I had the do the Mandalorian multiball after the 80 million bounty and lost both balls trying to separate them (I really hate that multiball). Ball #2 was lost 30 seconds later after a slow drop onto a flipper that I had to hit, only for it to go right off the sling shot back down the middle, then the aforementioned Jabba bounty for ball #3.

arrgh...

Update....

I tried to see if I could finish the table rigging in on the Very Easy settings, plus 10 extra balls and unlimited tilts. Couldn't do it. Well, I suppose I could have done it, but after failing the Escape from the Sarlacc mode, I wasn't inclined to try again.

Needless to say, most are probably better off just spamming the 80 million point Jabba mission (if you can reach it) and the 30-50 million point Empire missions. It looks like it takes a while to make the Hunt for Solo reward worthwhile; meanwhile, just spamming those bounties (I chose 40 million) netted me my highest score on any table: 784 million.

Few observations

1. The Very Easy settings do not appear to make the bounties any easier. They appear to have the same # of shots and same time limits. Looks like the main benefit is extra missiles (7!), and how long it takes the Empire and Hutts lights to power down. And oddly, I had a really rough time locking the ball in Slave I on that setting.

2. You can use your missiles to collect on the Easy Bounties also. While I think using them on the early Empire/Hutts bounties is more useful, they do have that function. They also will sometimes move the see-saw to open the Hutts hole (the closer to the hole, the more likely this is to happen I noticed).

I tried to see if I could finish the table rigging in on the Very Easy settings, plus 10 extra balls and unlimited tilts. Couldn't do it. Well, I suppose I could have done it, but after failing the Escape from the Sarlacc mode, I wasn't inclined to try again.
    Did you use the preset option? Or did you manually changed each feature to "very easy"?

First changed the preset.

I then had to change the balls per table and the tilt warnings; going to Very Easy doesn't change those to the max (as I found out the hard way the 1st time)

Nice score on BF, 784m. I think I need more x-balls than just one to top my score of 436m on normal.

First changed the preset.

I then had to change the balls per table and the tilt warnings; going to Very Easy doesn't change those to the max (as I found out the hard way the 1st time)
    OK! Try adjusting the features individually as well. The preset doesn't always set all of the features to the easiest setting. For example, let's say there are 10 levels of difficulty on each of the missions. The very easy preset will only change it to level 2, while level 1 is considered as "super easy".
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-12-2013 at 05:47 PM.

I usually do this, and didn't see anything like that on this table. If I'm inclined to try again, I'll double check.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Nice score on BF, 784m. I think I need more x-balls than just one to top my score of 436m on normal.
    Thanks. Should have been 820m, as I had just completed a 40m bounty, but I shanked the left loop shot, only to have it fly into the right outlane and I didn't have a whip save active.

Oddly, most of my ballouts that game was me messing up trying to hit the Hutts hole to reach the "safe" 80m bounty.

I usually do this, and didn't see anything like that on this table. If I'm inclined to try again, I'll double check.
    I haven't checked the Operator's Menu on the Star Wars tables, so I'm not sure if it applies to them. However, it does apply to other tables on Zen Pinball 2. I noticed it when I was writing up the Operator's Menu guide, especially with the Excalibur table. I set it to the "very easy" preset on that table and noticed that the some of the features weren't on the easiest possible difficulty level.

On xbox 360 is anybody able to dictate what award they get from the sharpshooters bonus? Or is it just pot luck?

End of ball bonus guide

Multipliers are increased by making combo shots. The max combo you make is your multiplier.

Bonus
    10,000 points
    It looks like this appears only if you receive no other bonus

Jet Pack
    10,000 points per skill shot per game

Sarlaac
    10,000 points per shot across the Sarlaac pit

Fame
    10,000 points per Respect level

Wild Space
    10,000 points per Wild Space trip

Missile
    10,000 points per missile acquired

Guild
    10,000 points per Rival defeated per game.

Commentary - rather low scoring, as all the bonuses will take a while to accumulate, and it will still pale in comparison to the bounties. I also find raising the multiplier a risky series of shots and certainly not worth the hassle.

In researching this, I was unable to achieve the following goals, so I don't know if a bonus is acquired for any of these:
    Complete the Max Thrust mini-game
    Reach the Rapid Fire portion of the EE3 mini-game
    Deliver Han Solo to Jabba - I lost the ball trying to make this shot, which reset my Respect down to 5. I made it to 7 and I believe my bonus was at 100,000, so I don't think the bonus resets.
    Reach the Escape from the Sarlaac mode.

If someone completes the above and notices, let me know. Thanks.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

I am currently playing the Wii U version of Star Wars Pinball and this is the weakest of the three tables available at the moment. It's still pretty good fun, but not as strong as the others available.
    Nintendo Feed's main man and all round awesome guy - I like Nintendo, and more recently, Pinball!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12