Thread: Unable to purchase Star Wars tables on iPad Mini (can't connect to iTunes Store?)

Default Unable to purchase Star Wars tables on iPad Mini (can't connect to iTunes Store?)

I have a brand new iPad Mini (w/OS 6.1, 10B141) with the most recent Zen Pinball app update. For the past day or so, whenever I attempt to buy an in-app purchase of any of the new Star Wars tables, I get the following Apple error "Your Purchase Could Not be Completed. Contact iTunes Store Support to complete this transaction" and after clicking OK, I see the following Zen Pinball error "Unable to purchase the table. Cannot connect to iTunes Store".

I can still make other in-app purchases with other games/apps, but not with Zen Pinball (these are the first Zen Pinball tables I've tried to buy, btw). I finally called Apple iTunes Support and they were not aware of any specific issues and veified everything is "OK" on my account, purchasing settings, etc. I tried removing/reinstalling the app a couple of times as well. I saw a similar post that suggested a possible workaround was to try logging out of your AppleID first and then try again, but that didn't work. There are no issues with my Wi-Fi connection (it occurs at home, work, etc.) and everything else is working normally.

It does seem to indicate a problem with the ZenPinball app making a connection to the iTunes store. Is anyone else seeing this and are there any other fixes or workarounds? I know this is a first-world problem, but I REALLY want to buy/play these new Star Wars tables.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by bueneboy; 03-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bueneboy View Post
    I have a brand new iPad Mini (w/OS 6.1, 10B141) with the most recent Zen Pinball app update. For the past day or so, whenever I attempt to buy an in-app purchase of any of the new Star Wars tables, I get the following Apple error "Your Purchase Could Not be Completed. Contact iTunes Store Support to complete this transaction" and after clicking OK, I see the following Zen Pinball error "Unable to purchase the table. Cannot connect to iTunes Store".

I can still make other in-app purchases with other games/apps, but not with Zen Pinball (these are the first Zen Pinball tables I've tried to buy, btw). I finally called Apple iTunes Support and they were not aware of any specific issues and veified everything is "OK" on my account, purchasing settings, etc. I tried removing/reinstalling the app a couple of times as well. I saw a similar post that suggested a possible workaround was to try logging out of your AppleID first and then try again, but that didn't work. There are no issues with my Wi-Fi connection (it occurs at home, work, etc.) and everything else is working normally.

It does seem to indicate a problem with the ZenPinball app making a connection to the iTunes store. Is anyone else seeing this and are there any other fixes or workarounds? I know this is a first-world problem, but I REALLY want to buy/play these new Star Wars tables.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Is there an available update for the app? If so, install it, restart and try again. I've seen a few iOS customers still having trouble downloading, our servers have been getting hit pretty hard the last few days, keep trying!

Btw--How do you like the iPad Mini (not counting this download issue)? I've been looking but just can't justify one since I have an iPhone, but they look so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Is there an available update for the app? If so, install it, restart and try again. I've seen a few iOS customers still having trouble downloading, our servers have been getting hit pretty hard the last few days, keep trying!

Btw--How do you like the iPad Mini (not counting this download issue)? I've been looking but just can't justify one since I have an iPhone, but they look so cool!
    Thanks for the quick reply, love the app, btw. There isn't an available Zen Pinball app update, but I will keep trying for now as I agree it simply could be "too many users" at once hammering the servers with the new SW table releases. If so, I suppose there could be worse problems for you folks?

As far as the iPad Mini...I admit that I love it. I am an IT guy who has lived and died on Windows and Android (never been an Apple fan) and I also have a Nokia Lumia Windows phone and a 1st generation Kindle Fire. The Mini is a bit pricey for the hw specs and it would be a hard to justify if I already had an iPhone, but I love the size (still portable), it feels solid, looks sleek as hell and the UI and performance is buttery smooth. Check out the online reviews as they are all quite positive. I am still a Windows/Android fan-boy, but I admit that the iPad Mini is definitely my go-to device now.

Quote Originally Posted by bueneboy View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, love the app, btw. There isn't an available Zen Pinball app update, but I will keep trying for now as I agree it simply could be "too many users" at once hammering the servers with the new SW table releases. If so, I suppose there could be worse problems for you folks?

As far as the iPad Mini...I admit that I love it. I am an IT guy who has lived and died on Windows and Android (never been an Apple fan) and I also have a Nokia Lumia Windows phone and a 1st generation Kindle Fire. The Mini is a bit pricey for the hw specs and it would be a hard to justify if I already had an iPhone, but I love the size (still portable), it feels solid, looks sleek as hell and the UI and performance is buttery smooth. Check out the online reviews as they are all quite positive. I am still a Windows/Android fan-boy, but I admit that the iPad Mini is definitely my go-to device now.
    Very cool! Like I said, just keep trying. If you still can't get it working by tomorrow--let me know (PM me if you need to).

Default did you get it to work ?

if not, try uninstalling it and reinstalling. i also have an ipad mini and had the same problem with a gps software. if that doesnt work,call itunes customer service.

barbie, if you can afford one, go for it. i always have it with me, perfect size for the car, big enough for games, its got really cools apps. i take notes daily with it(finger notes actually, a lot faster then typing and i found out i still can write!!!) use it as a gps,as an mp3 player, watch movies and lots of other stuff i cant mention here ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by BullseyeQc View Post
    if not, try uninstalling it and reinstalling. i also have an ipad mini and had the same problem with a gps software. if that doesnt work,call itunes customer service.

barbie, if you can afford one, go for it. i always have it with me, perfect size for the car, big enough for games, its got really cools apps. i take notes daily with it(finger notes actually, a lot faster then typing and i found out i still can write!!!) use it as a gps,as an mp3 player, watch movies and lots of other stuff i cant mention here ! lol
    I downloaded the SWP app on my iPhone 4 and decided... yep, I need an iPad. Looks great on my phone but a bigger screen would definitely be a plus.

I downloaded the SWP app on my iPhone 4 and decided... yep, I need an iPad. Looks great on my phone but a bigger screen would definitely be a plus.
    You won't regret it. I tried playing Episode V on my brothers iPhone 5 and although it looks and plays great, but you miss a lot of the detail of the table. The large iPad screen is easier on the eyes and a more enjoyable experience. On my iPad 3, the tables on the retina display are gorgeous. And playing in portrait mode is a lot of fun too. It is my preferred pinball platform. My only beefs are lack of save features for those long games and the poor nudging mechanics. If you do try to nudge, GET A CASE unless you want your iPad flying across the room. The physics are bit better on the ps3 but only experienced players will notice a difference. It is definitely my preferred gaming device for pinball and will probably replace my ps3 once we get more tables.

Not to mention it is great in bed when the wife is watching one of her TV shows, I can watch Netflix, HBO, showtime or live tv via slingbox. And I use it for all my casual web browsing. It's a great e-reader as well except in the sun. Bring a book on vacation :P

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    You won't regret it. I tried playing Episode V on my brothers iPhone 5 and although it looks and plays great, but you miss a lot of the detail of the table. The large iPad screen is easier on the eyes and a more enjoyable experience. On my iPad 3, the tables on the retina display are gorgeous. And playing in portrait mode is a lot of fun too. It is my preferred pinball platform. My only beefs are lack of save features for those long games and the poor nudging mechanics. If you do try to nudge, GET A CASE unless you want your iPad flying across the room. The physics are bit better on the ps3 but only experienced players will notice a difference. It is definitely my preferred gaming device for pinball and will probably replace my ps3 once we get more tables.

Not to mention it is great in bed when the wife is watching one of her TV shows, I can watch Netflix, HBO, showtime or live tv via slingbox. And I use it for all my casual web browsing. It's a great e-reader as well except in the sun. Bring a book on vacation :P
    Thanks for the tips. I remember when they first announced the original iPad and I was like... this is so dumb, who would pay that much money for a giant iPhone that doesn't make calls? Now I want one so bad! Definitely gonna save up

Also, what's a vacation?

hi there, i've got the same problem here (ipad 4/ios 6.13).

deinstallation and renew doesn't make any difference, every table is still "unbuyable" :-/

any other suggestions?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by damagic View Post
    hi there, i've got the same problem here (ipad 4/ios 6.13).

deinstallation and renew doesn't make any difference, every table is still "unbuyable" :-/

any other suggestions?

regards
    What kind of error message are you getting? Everything okay with your iTunes account?

What kind of error message are you getting? Everything okay with your iTunes account?
    hi barbie, first thx for your reply.

yes, my account is ok, i purchased another app to test my account, everything works fine.

the error message is in german: kauf des tisches nicht möglich: verbindung mit itunes store nicht möglich. (unable to buy this table: connection to itunes store not possible).

but everything else works