Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ok spamming tables have got to stop (CLone Wars)

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default Ok spamming tables have got to stop (CLone Wars)

    I don't mean to be brash but I've been delving into Clone Wars mostly since I can't really get any headway into the other tables. (Which isn't a bad thing) I like this table I really do but there are several scoring opportunities that you spam if you get that 'flow' going.

    If you like long marathon sessions, you can rack a lot of points if you want to. ALthough I'm not the highest so far (726m) I can see this table get tons of scores in the billions.

    First of all POINT RAIN ----

    If you are real good at shooting the required ramps in the time frame of each shot, and not loose you shielding you can rack up lots of points eventually. Each time you load the ship the score value ramps up by 500m. I've had it as high as 4.5m a shot and I told myself I need to stop this and try for the wizard mode and trophy (Missed it since I'm not sure exactly what I had to do) You can do this over and over and over and over until you loose your shielding once activate point Rain.

    Liberation hurry up.

    I find myself lighting this thing up many times by shooting up the left council Ramp, use the left upper flipper and shoot the liberation ramp, use the upper right flipper to shoot the 'LOCK' Lane till it's activated. You can then shoot up the left council Ramp, use the left upper flipper and shoot the liberation ramp, then shoot the Gunship Ramp. rinse and repeat. The hurry up score trickles down so you have until the hurry up mode ends. Even so most of the time you are trying to lock balls for mult-ball oppurtunities anyway.

    I do like this table but I find myself doing the above methods more so than doing the mission as there's more room for error trying to finish the missions even though the mission completion bonus is 25m.
    ----
    More than a tip than a spamming opportunity, the T6 mutiball can stack with the Clone mutiball so I try and get T6 multiball going by shooting the center ramp (not gunship) till T6 is activated before you lock your 3rd ball.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 03-01-2013 at 08:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas / The Silver State
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Wow,thanks for all of this info. I see getting a lot points as a good thing, since ultimately the more more points you recieve release certain feel good chemicals in your body. More points, the better. About the spamming thing,it is a pinball table that is only so big, how can you not spam sometimes? I understand,yeah,just spam that one ramp for billions. But hey,that's what pinball is all bout isn't it? Pinball, For your health
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

  3. #3
    Senior Member MarkItZeroSmoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Lol hey stop giving away the scoring tips! Seriously i hear ya, i figured that out by my second game when i had 250 mil without even doing a mission yet, haha. But yeah, spammings gonna happen on almost every table. I figured out how to score 75-100 mil in a few mins on GhRidr practicing for fracas tourny. Too bad i blew rnd 2 though haha. I can pull 100 mil plus on Earth Def in same time if i dont screw up airstrike mb. I think on any table its just figuring out what scores the most fastest. Anyway, now that you gave the high scoring process away, i guess i can either kiss my top 10 in CW goodbye or im gonna have to spam it longer haha

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Oh I understand the spamming aspect of pinball but I find that tables that have minimal risk to obtain scores is what I find frustrating. Civil War is one. Clone Wars is the another.

    I don't know what it is though it's just this table right now the others have a different flow to them. I just find myself doing those shots I mentioned because they are much easier than doing the missions. That's the frustrating part about it IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Lol hey stop giving away the scoring tips!


    Anyway, now that you gave the high scoring process away, i guess i can either kiss my top 10 in CW goodbye or im gonna have to spam it longer haha
    Well I figured Shoryukentothechin will want some tips and scoring opportunities for his guides that will eventually show up.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 03-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    This is an interesting topic actually. I'm not one who cares at all about points or the leaderboards. All my points come from beating the wizard modes on each table, lol. I've never cared about trying to find ways to spam points. For me, that would just get boring fast.

  6. #6
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    I just got 1.7b without really spamming anything. Sure, Liberation popped up a crap ton of times, but the majority of my points came from multiballs and missions. I know that this table is easily spammable, though.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Boulderdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    The only big spam I find disturbing is the right sinkhole on Civil War. For the rest... Spamming requires skill and concentration. I wouldnt expect insane highscores on Clone Wars.

  8. #8
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Well I figured Shoryukentothechin will want some tips and scoring opportunities for his guides that will eventually show up.
    Ah cool I should make a note of that, thanks m8.

    I ain't really played Clone Wars much since I'm too sucked into Empire and Boba Tables.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Point rain is a serious spamming opportunity... It is easy enough and gives you more than enough time and chances. I also stopped it after a while as it got seriously boring, especially as only a few sound clips are used for the mode. One good thing about the table from an anti spamming point of view is that once you start a mission you have to play it as it is not initially timed. I still think this table is going to net ridiculously big scores!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Point rain is a serious spamming opportunity... It is easy enough and gives you more than enough time and chances. I also stopped it after a while as it got seriously boring, especially as only a few sound clips are used for the mode. One good thing about the table from an anti spamming point of view is that once you start a mission you have to play it as it is not initially timed. I still think this table is going to net ridiculously big scores!
    It still is a great table. I really like it mostly for the mission variety. I've reached wizard mode a couple of time but have yet to beat it. I'm just saying the liberation hurry-up is basically risk free and I must correct myself. Collecting the liberation scores all you have to do is shoot up the left council ramp then shoot the liberation ramp with the upper left flipper the ball will go down to you right flipper so you can shoot at the left council ramp again to get another score faster.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I don't mean to be brash but I've been delving into Clone Wars mostly since I can't really get any headway into the other tables. (Which isn't a bad thing) I like this table I really do but there are several scoring opportunities that you spam if you get that 'flow' going.

    If you like long marathon sessions, you can rack a lot of points if you want to. ALthough I'm not the highest so far (726m) I can see this table get tons of scores in the billions.

    First of all POINT RAIN ----

    If you are real good at shooting the required ramps in the time frame of each shot, and not loose you shielding you can rack up lots of points eventually. Each time you load the ship the score value ramps up by 500m. I've had it as high as 4.5m a shot and I told myself I need to stop this and try for the wizard mode and trophy (Missed it since I'm not sure exactly what I had to do) You can do this over and over and over and over until you loose your shielding once activate point Rain.

    Liberation hurry up.

    I find myself lighting this thing up many times by shooting up the left council Ramp, use the left upper flipper and shoot the liberation ramp, use the upper right flipper to shoot the 'LOCK' Lane till it's activated. You can then shoot up the left council Ramp, use the left upper flipper and shoot the liberation ramp, then shoot the Gunship Ramp. rinse and repeat. The hurry up score trickles down so you have until the hurry up mode ends. Even so most of the time you are trying to lock balls for mult-ball oppurtunities anyway.

    I do like this table but I find myself doing the above methods more so than doing the mission as there's more room for error trying to finish the missions even though the mission completion bonus is 25m.
    ----
    More than a tip than a spamming opportunity, the T6 mutiball can stack with the Clone mutiball so I try and get T6 multiball going by shooting the center ramp (not gunship) till T6 is activated before you lock your 3rd ball.
    Thank you for you post tenorhero!
    I wanted to give the possibility of choosing for the players between scoring tactics whether he want to score by finishing the table or playing with the multiball and hurry up side missions or playing on the miniplayfileds or finding other ways of scoring.
    Nonetheless I hope you enjoy the Clone Wars table.

    Cheers,
    Ivan.
    Last edited by Ivan Nicoara; 03-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Nicoara View Post
    Thank you for you post tenorhero!
    I wanted to give the possibility of choosing for the players between scoring tactics whether he want to score by finishing the table or playing with the multiball and hurry up side missions or playing on the miniplayfileds or finding other ways of scoring.
    Nonetheless I hope you enjoy the Clone Wars table.

    Cheers,
    Ivan.
    I really like the table. Nice to see a table that is meant to be big scoring. My only concern (without having explored everything on the table yet) is that the Point Rain mode is too easy to maintain and that you seem to be able to build the points per shot up indefinitely. These kind of modes that are low risk/high reward just by being patient always seem to be favored when it gets to mega scores/Tournaments making it pointless for us people that don't want to spend days on one game. Just look at Paranormal as an example!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Just look at Paranormal as an example!
    Completely agree, I gave up Paranormal because of the spamming. (Well it's still better than stupidly easy Ms. Splosion Man or Plants VS Zombies...)

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I don't mean to be brash but I've been delving into Clone Wars mostly since I can't really get any headway into the other tables. (Which isn't a bad thing) I like this table I really do but there are several scoring opportunities that you spam if you get that 'flow' going.

    If you like long marathon sessions, you can rack a lot of points if you want to. ALthough I'm not the highest so far (726m) I can see this table get tons of scores in the billions.

    First of all POINT RAIN ----

    If you are real good at shooting the required ramps in the time frame of each shot, and not loose you shielding you can rack up lots of points eventually. Each time you load the ship the score value ramps up by 500m. I've had it as high as 4.5m a shot and I told myself I need to stop this and try for the wizard mode and trophy (Missed it since I'm not sure exactly what I had to do) You can do this over and over and over and over until you loose your shielding once activate point Rain.

    Liberation hurry up.

    I find myself lighting this thing up many times by shooting up the left council Ramp, use the left upper flipper and shoot the liberation ramp, use the upper right flipper to shoot the 'LOCK' Lane till it's activated. You can then shoot up the left council Ramp, use the left upper flipper and shoot the liberation ramp, then shoot the Gunship Ramp. rinse and repeat. The hurry up score trickles down so you have until the hurry up mode ends. Even so most of the time you are trying to lock balls for mult-ball oppurtunities anyway.

    I do like this table but I find myself doing the above methods more so than doing the mission as there's more room for error trying to finish the missions even though the mission completion bonus is 25m.
    ----
    More than a tip than a spamming opportunity, the T6 mutiball can stack with the Clone mutiball so I try and get T6 multiball going by shooting the center ramp (not gunship) till T6 is activated before you lock your 3rd ball.
    Didn't use either of these.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •