Why does every holiday have horrible servers???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by grenadier
    And problems again today. Sluggish or not response when navigating tournaments. Took multiple retries to even bring up the list of tourneys.

Zen, you need to fix this. Aside from FX3 being sold on the promise of community and competition, which is tough to have with servers not working, this is going to hurt your DLC sales. No one wants to put money into a game that doesn't work on a regular basis.
    Zen seems to have done some fiddling with the servers as access is not entirely shut down, but still extremely labored, but now, even with occasional access my level (xp) is 0 when it was once 20'ish? Can't remember, but certainly not 0 and after completing a tournament you might have to wait 10 minutes or more for the score to upload. I think the next set of tables they pimp Ima wait until they fix the servers.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• ZREXMike
      • May 2019

Originally posted by grenadier
      And problems again today. Sluggish or not response when navigating tournaments. Took multiple retries to even bring up the list of tourneys.

Zen, you need to fix this. Aside from FX3 being sold on the promise of community and competition, which is tough to have with servers not working, this is going to hurt your DLC sales. No one wants to put money into a game that doesn't work on a regular basis.
      oh well, ya gets what ya pay for...oh wait, not 2day.

Comment

• cantankerous--
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2016

Just saying,..........................saturday afternoon it stopped working, and didn't work once since. Not once.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
        3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
        sigpic

Comment

• DCLXVI
          • Sep 2019

Maybe it's because lot of a people are beeing secluded in europe atm ?

I saw a lot of online gaming services had outages due to increased usage.

Comment

• cantankerous--
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by DCLXVI
            Maybe it's because lot of a people are beeing secluded in europe atm ?

I saw a lot of online gaming services had outages due to increased usage.
            This is a pre corona post, but ya, for sure now outages might be understandable.

sigpic

Comment

• DCLXVI
              • Sep 2019

Originally posted by cantankerous--
              This is a pre corona post,
              That depends on which country you live in.

But I feel you, it seems to be a recurrent problem.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                Pinball Wizard
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by DCLXVI
                That depends on which country you live in.

But I feel you, it seems to be a recurrent problem.
                For some reason Zen now has like 5 tournaments running. I kind of thought it was cause of the corona and lots being locked down, but surprisingly it is not happening on nintendo switch star wars for some reason, but to be honest, with the various, issues that game has, and their reluctance to address them, I think they just made a few bucks off of an easy release, you know carting something that they had already in their library, and didn't really check it well beforehand, and now with the prospect of paying money to fix it, they are reluctant and are now just leaving it to die, sadly, because I love it.

sigpic

Comment

• grenadier
                  Pinhead
                  • Jun 2012

And this is STILL an issue?

Guys this is pretty basic. You sold FX3 on the basis of tournaments and competition. That can't happen if your servers are down half the time. I'd maybe accept coronavirus as an excuse, but you've been having this issue since late last year. Time to step up and fix the damn thing.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Linne_Zen
                    Unfortunately, these server errors occurred more these days than we would have wanted, and we are aware of that, we are gearing up to make these go away. We apologize for this error and thank you very much for your patience in this matter.
                    When you're sitting there refreshing for hours, that oftentimes turns into days, frequently during the weekend, when you are not at work, and really want to play............................all you have is patience Linne. It's a frustrating, often times curse inducing kind of patience that has been thrust upon us, against our will actually. You guys have long known the servers to be an issue, much in the same way as the countless bugs and bogus scores on the leaderboards that I have reported on multiple systems that still exist, or parts of games, that should be functional, like the survival challenge and extra balls and turning on or off these options while setting up a tournament in Nintendo Star Wars. This too has also been reported on multiple occasions on your various social media accounts, to which, at least twice a response of we will investigate the matter was given......................Im still wondering if the investigation concluded the same things that I found on my first day of owning the game, given I have played Zen pinball for over 10 years now and am rather familiar with how it should function.

sigpic

Comment

• OO1OO1OO
                      • Jul 2018

Just to help you, ZEN

Since there are no new tables right now to buy, and you are even giving some of the older ones away for free, I just bought the complete package of operencia... Hopefully you can invest a bit in the pinball servers....

Comment

• M!chel
                        • Sep 2018

Last weekend was the worst.
                        Ever since the game has changed it's name, at least on my pc. It's now called: Practice FX3

Comment

• cantankerous--
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Nov 2016

Down again. One would think, you would have something in place to alert your tech guys to a server being down and not just have to be told by the users on social media, but seemingly this is actually what happens.

sigpic

Comment

• OO1OO1OO
                            • Jul 2018

Originally posted by cantankerous--
                            One would think, you would have something in place to alert your tech guys to a server being down and not just have to be told by the users on social media, but seemingly this is actually what happens.
                            One very easy and reliable solution for you, duty techs of ZEN:

1. Scroll to the top of this thread.
                            2. Find "Thread tools" in the grey bar
                            3. Click on "Subscribe to this thread"
                            4. On Notification Type select "Instant notification by email"

We would be more than happy to assist you to recognize server failures.

Hint: "It's weekend! The servers are down again!"

Comment

• cantankerous--
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by OO1OO1OO
                              One very easy and reliable solution for you, duty techs of ZEN:

1. Scroll to the top of this thread.
                              2. Find "Thread tools" in the grey bar
                              3. Click on "Subscribe to this thread"
                              4. On Notification Type select "Instant notification by email"

We would be more than happy to assist you to recognize server failures.

Hint: "It's weekend! The servers are down again!"
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

sigpic

Comment

• grenadier
                                Pinhead
                                • Jun 2012

May 9: servers are down -- again

May 9, 2020, and the servers are down....again. And have been since yesterday evening.

Seriously, how hard is it to have someone check them once a day or so? It's not like they don't need to be checked. More often than not, they need some attention.

Comment

Working...