X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deek069
    Pinball Fan
    • Oct 2019

Configuration Settings for a cabinet and suggested improvements

I have just finished building my pinball cabinet for Pinball FX3 and for the most part it works really well. I am extremely happy with it.

I will be creating a thread with the cabinet build soon but as a help for others I thought I'd share my configuration.

I am running the Steam version of Pinball FX3 on Windows 10.

To handle the input from the Pinball controls I am using JoyToKey.

On startup I have set the PC to launch JoyToKey first and then Pinball FX3 so the computer will start into Pinball FX3 with no input when the Pinball Machine is turned on.

My Pinball Cabinet has two flipper buttons on the side, a launch button, 4 buttons in a diamond configuration for up, down, left, right and then two additional buttons which I will refer to as B1 and B2.

In JoyToKey I have assigned the following:

Left Flipper: Left Shift
    Right Flipper: Right Shift

Launch Button: Enter

Up: Up Arrow and C
    Down: Down Arrow and N
    Left: Left Arrow
    Right: Right Arrow

B1: Esc
    B2: Space + Tab

This allows me to control the Pinball FX3 User Interface and all tables with just my cabinet buttons.
  • Deek069
    Pinball Fan
    • Oct 2019

So below are suggested improvements which I think would really help cabinet owners:

- Have a default view for ALL tables.

- Entering scores - I would like to turn off the feature where it remembers the last person's initials.

- Streamline the table selection. Ideally I would like to have the table selection switchable between showing only my favourites or all tables.

- It would be fantastic if I could set the DMD position per table. I guess this only applies to those of us using only two screens and using the second screen for both the backglass and DMD.

- Allow all the controls to be remapped to any buttons on a controller, including the UI navigation

Comment

• Deek069
      Pinball Fan
      • Oct 2019

So I changed my config slightly.

I no longer use JoyToKey and instead use Steam's Big Box Mode. This mode has some excellent controller configuration settings. Steam recognises my cabinet as a Generic Controller and I am then able to map key presses to the various buttons.

This seems to work much better as I think there was a very slight lag in the button presses using JoyToKey that does not feel to be there using Steam's controller settings.

Comment

• tracydowney321
        Pinball Fan
        • May 2022

I have quite recently wrapped up building my pinball bureau for Pinball FX3 and generally, it functions admirably. I'm very content with it.

I will make a string with the bureau assemble soon yet as assistance for others I thought I'd share my setup.

I'm running the Steam form of Pinball FX3 on Windows 10.

To deal with the contribution from the Pinball controls I am utilizing JoyToKey.

On startup, I have set the PC to send off JoyToKey first and afterward Pinball FX3 so the PC will begin Pinball FX3 with no information when the Pinball Machine is turned on.

My Pinball Cabinet has two flipper buttons as an afterthought, a send-off button, and 4 buttons in a precious stone design for up, down, left, right and afterward two extra fastens which I will allude to as B1 and B2.

In JoyToKey I have relegated the accompanying:

If you are a student and planning to move to the UK and looking for student housing then you can visit the website at Millennium View Coventry.

Comment

Working...