Thread: Star Wars Pinball Tournament Schedule

Default Star Wars Pinball Tournament Schedule

Ready your lightsabers! The first Star Wars Pinball tournament starts next week on XBLA and PSN!

Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back table tournament: March 15 – 22

Boba Fett table tournament: April 12 – 19

Star Wars: The Clone Wars table tournament: May 3 – 10

Check out the Zen blog for more info!

Cool! We actually have tournament schedule for once.

Nice, another chance for the slippers. I'll take a week off work just for a slim chance for those zen slippers.

This seems really cool. Me being new to ZP, it seems like something I would really like. Only thing is I do not have a Xbox or ps3. Any chance we could get an Android tournament?

Nice I haven't been playing lately for some reason, but I'll certainly jump in again during the tourneys

Thumbs up

Excellent!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RabidShark; 03-09-2013 at 12:33 AM.

So far cant seem to get a decent score posted. Good thing theres a week to play, not that i'll come close to top three. Over 3b wow, must take hours to rack up a score. Perhaps a lucky random draw for the slippers.

I got a little over 350 million. I nearly tripled my old score and that all came from the Multiball modes. I didn't even touch the wizard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I got a little over 350 million. I nearly tripled my old score and that all came from the Multiball modes. I didn't even touch the wizard mode.
    Nice score, I played all night and finally got to 276m. Still miles away from those top five billion posted. Im finding tourney mode a bit harder, prolly just me but I got 376m a few days back in half the time. Those extra balls help, most have is only three so far in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Nice score, I played all night and finally got to 276m. Still miles away from those top five billion posted. Im finding tourney mode a bit harder, prolly just me but I got 376m a few days back in half the time. Those extra balls help, most have is only three so far in one game.
    Yeah... I have also had one game that lasted me about two hours and scored 500mil+. Played through the wizard mode... didn't score too well in Grand Finalle. Can see that there are certain modes where the jackpots etc. keep on increasing so I guess I must just figure out what the safe ways are to boost the score quickly... obviously the 5bil guys have figured this out. Not to keen these days to play for hours on end just on one game.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

I scored my best ever on my first try in the tournament last night. It's not enough to be competitive, but I beat several of my friends, so I'm satisfied. Not that I won't try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Not to keen these days to play for hours on end just on one game.
    Ditto! Not to mention, I'm terrible at grinding. It's very difficult for me to get high score if it requires me to keep a long combo going or to grind the same thing for over an hour.

This is why I just focus on getting 100% (trophies/achievements). It's something that I can accomplish, since none of the adjectives require me to do any major grinding.

Ditto! Not to mention, I'm terrible at grinding. It's very difficult for me to get high score if it requires me to keep a long combo going or to grind the same thing for over an hour.

This is why I just focus on getting 100% (trophies/achievements). It's something that I can accomplish, since none of the adjectives require me to do any major grinding.
    Same here, I get more fun and satisfaction by earning the trophies than grinding and getting a good score. I know I will never challenge for the top three but I will give it my best shot, I have set myself a target of 500k but I fear that may be a bit optimistic for me...

finally got around 600M all from multiball modes 4 extra balls and a few saber savers really help a lot s..and there seems to be a high scoring move during hyperspace/fighter/jedi or sith multiball at the same time..i was seeing 5M, 6M, 10M scores during my game.
    Last edited by johny_dmonic; 03-16-2013 at 06:04 PM.

To my surprise I just joined the billionaire's club for this table, more than quadrupling my previous best! The game took nearly 4 hours, including tons of stacked multi-balls and two passes at the grand finale. I even got to play Hyperspace mode for the first time.

I don't think I have the motivation to try to do any better than that, so that will be my final score in this tournament and I'm completely satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ER777 View Post
    To my surprise I just joined the billionaire's club for this table, more than quadrupling my previous best! The game took nearly 4 hours, including tons of stacked multi-balls and two passes at the grand finale. I even got to play Hyperspace mode for the first time.

I don't think I have the motivation to try to do any better than that, so that will be my final score in this tournament and I'm completely satisfied with it.
    Very nice, billion on this table. The hyperspace mode is cool, had it only few times.

Very nice, billion on this table. The hyperspace mode is cool, had it only few times.
    I hate how the hyperspace multiball takes me out of view 6 and goes into 1w or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ER777 View Post

4 Hours!? Good grief. I can usually get in one late at night before all my kids, wife and baby find me and ruin the flow. Maybe I need to make a padded room/bunker just for me to play pinball in.

Default Tournament Scores?

I may be being a little dense here but hoe exactly do the tournaments work? I have seen the scores listed for the current Episode V table tournament and these are different to the all time scores. Which scores are the ones that count? Is there a link in game or on the internet that allows players to see current tournament scores? Thanks in advance guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenadamuk View Post
    I may be being a little dense here but hoe exactly do the tournaments work? I have seen the scores listed for the current Episode V table tournament and these are different to the all time scores. Which scores are the ones that count? Is there a link in game or on the internet that allows players to see current tournament scores? Thanks in advance guys...
    There is a tournament icon on the main screen of Zen Pinball 2 & Pinball FX2 that will show you what tournaments have happened and what is in progress. You just need to be online and play the Empire Strikes Back table before Friday to enter. Let me know if you have trouble finding it

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I hate how the hyperspace multiball takes me out of view 6 and goes into 1w or something like that.
    You can change the view again when in multi-ball apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    There is a tournament icon on the main screen of Zen Pinball 2 & Pinball FX2 that will show you what tournaments have happened and what is in progress. You just need to be online and play the Empire Strikes Back table before Friday to enter. Let me know if you have trouble finding it
    I've found the tournament and entered but I don't seem to be able to see the tournament scores. Are these separate to the all time leaderboard??? Sorry if I sound a bit thick.

I've found the tournament and entered but I don't seem to be able to see the tournament scores. Are these separate to the all time leaderboard??? Sorry if I sound a bit thick.
    Are you on XBLA, PS3 or Vita? Let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Are you on XBLA, PS3 or Vita? Let me know and I'll walk you through it.
    I'm on XBLA and thanks....

I'm on XBLA and thanks....
    If you have PFX2 open to the main menu, select the tournament icon, its the 3rd one from the left on the very bottom. Once that's open, if you hit X, it will filter the results and you can see where you stand on the tournament scoreboard. These scores are just from the timeframe of the tournament, they aren't pulled from other leaderboards.

You can change the view again when in multi-ball apparently...
    i tried that last night when i got hyperspace multiball again. Didn't change.

Changed back after it was over, but had to manually do it.

Thumbs up

Incredible high score for the ESB tourney 21b. Does this take like two days to score. I havent reached wizard mode yet but im guessing multiple scene six and everything else a hundred times over. Slippers for the elmafiosa hes got a 14b lead.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Incredible high score for the ESB tourney 21b. Does this take like two days to score. I havent reached wizard mode yet but im guessing multiple scene six and everything else a hundred times over. Slippers for the elmafiosa hes got a 14b lead.
    That's an insane score.. jeez wonder if someone will catch it?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    That's an insane score.. jeez wonder if someone will catch it?

It's a great score but doable. It breaks my heart because on the Xbox version as far as I know has many game breaking bugs. My weak 4.4 bill is top lead right now. If those bugs didnt exist I think I could get at least 50 bill on this table

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo Nalu View Post
    It's a great score but doable. It breaks my heart because on the Xbox version as far as I know has many game breaking bugs. My weak 4.4 bill is top lead right now. If those bugs didnt exist I think I could get at least 50 bill on this table
    Oh trust me I believe you, the scores you attained are crazy... hey shoot me a friend request if you want m8.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Default list of the winners

Hello!
    I have one question. Is there a possibility that you organize more awards? Maybe there is a possible to expand the list of winners of more than three places? Sometimes I think that this same ppl are always wining Sometimes, big highlight list will be great award, for non-bilion highscore players Maybe Zen Studio will think about it ?

Greets

PSNId Neuroup
    Neuroup of Addict Labs
    http://twitter.com/neuroup

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroup View Post
    Hello!
    I have one question. Is there a possibility that you organize more awards? Maybe there is a possible to expand the list of winners of more than three places? Sometimes I think that this same ppl are always wining Sometimes, big highlight list will be great award, for non-bilion highscore players Maybe Zen Studio will think about it ?

Greets

PSNId Neuroup
    I do random drawings for prizes as well so everyone has a fair chance.

Default Random drawings

I do random drawings for prizes as well so everyone has a fair chance.
    Don't forget to give disco some love on those random drawings.
    I may be able to get those trophies but those high scores are outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    Don't forget to give disco some love on those random drawings.
    I may be able to get those trophies but those high scores are outrageous!
    I reckon getting a billion on ESB, especially with all the bugs, is an amazing score. ElMafioso57's winning score of 21 billion is mind blowing.

I'm trying for a billion on Boba at the moment, I think it's doable if I can get all the extra balls available...

Im still yet to get any extra balls on BF. A billion would be nice score. My high score is only 243m.

ROD

I'm determined to win Zen Studios slippers. I probably would have been enthusiastic to win The Empire Strikes Back table tournament if the slippers look like this >

poaoscd9ko1p.jpg
    Last edited by ROD; 04-18-2013 at 05:19 AM.

okay who got 12 billion already on the fett tourney?

Lol, crazy innit. 12 billion on the first day.

Looks like someone was playing offline, waiting for the tourney to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit X View Post
    Lol, crazy innit. 12 billion on the first day.

Looks like someone was playing offline, waiting for the tourney to begin.
    I'm still trying to break 200 mil.
    I have a hard time getting the extra balls.

I managed to get 250m, hard table. Would like to at least top my hs of 333m. I kinda figured out the sharp shooter x ball screen but still only get it 40% of the time.

Just posted a 153 million score. I was had just completed 3 Empire missions and was ready to start a HUTT mission but since it was my 3rd ball locked in the slave ship it started a multiball in which I lost my ball at the end
    At least I got a trophy out of it called "Pinball fanatic" out of it

Default My tournament score didn't register!!

Literally 45 mins ago (20/04 I finished at 2:45am GMT BST) I got a score of 405M while the Boba Fett tournament was running, but my score did not register! I was playing for a fairly long time and when I started my game, I entered via the tournament section, so it was definitely running when I began! Also, my score hasn't registered on the normal leaderboards either, so I'm pretty gutted! I would have finished 40th too!

Any idea why this is? I know it said the tournament finished on 19/04 GMT, but I was still able to enter.

Thanks

IMG_0595.jpg
    Last edited by maezun; 04-20-2013 at 03:07 AM.
    "Not exactly a wizard.."

PSN: maezun

Quote Originally Posted by maezun View Post
    Literally 45 mins ago (20/04 I finished at 2:45am GMT BST) I got a score of 405M while the Boba Fett tournament was running, but my score did not register! I was playing for a fairly long time and when I started my game, I entered via the tournament section, so it was definitely running when I began! Also, my score hasn't registered on the normal leaderboards either, so I'm pretty gutted! I would have finished 40th too!

Any idea why this is? I know it said the tournament finished on 19/04 GMT, but I was still able to enter.
    Since it hasn't registered on the normal leader boards, then it's most likely a caching/refreshing delay. Check back later and the leader board should be updated.

The other possibility is that you made some changes to the settings in the Operator's Menu, which will deactivate posting scores onto the leader boards. The settings all need to be at "factory setting" for the leader boards to be enabled.

Since it hasn't registered on the normal leader boards, then it's most likely a caching/refreshing delay. Check back later and the leader board should be updated.

The other possibility is that you made some changes to the settings in the Operator's Menu, which will deactivate posting scores onto the leader boards. The settings all need to be at "factory setting" for the leader boards to be enabled.
    Thanks, its just updated. Think I was just too late for the score to register on the tournament leaderboard though
    "Not exactly a wizard.."

PSN: maezun

I completely forgot about the Clone Wars tournament Oh well. On a brighter note, I got 3rd place on the Farsight iOS tournament!

I am having fun with the FX2 classic pack on Steam. I'm using my ps3 controller with Motioninjoy drivers. Works great. Like others have noted, the pause and camera buttons are gigantic. It also seems to have the same lighting problem as the OSX version where the middle/lower half of the playfield is too bright and it reflects too brightly off the ball and gives a bit of a washed out look. Though if nobody else is complaining it may simply be my screen. Other than those minor complaints the game looks and plays great.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I completely forgot about the Clone Wars tournament
    So did I! Thanks Zen for reminding us.

So did I! Thanks Zen for reminding us.
    My bad! This month has been totally nuts with releases, events, travel... AHH! :P