Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falcon05
    • Nov 2012

Epic Quest bug?

Just purchased the Epic Quest table and found that when I hit my ball into the cave sinkhole it very rarely activates the "enter the dungeon" event which is required if I wanted to battle the four cave monsters. This is much harder compared to activating the orcanium monsters and the forest monsters which makes me think that this is a bug. Most of the time when I shoot it into the cave the ball just disappears for 5-10 seconds before being launched again.

I have played almost 20 games now and have beat every single one of the monsters but have never even activated the cave monsters once.
  • curiousyellow
    • Mar 2012

I encountered the same problem yesterday. The cave was working fine before the latest update, so something was broken in the process. Tough to get a good score without it.

Comment

• falcon05
      • Nov 2012

I see so it is a bug. I found a temporary remedy for it. When the ball enters the cave and gets stuck, just nudge the table upwards by shaking your device a little, this has worked almost every time for me so far.

Zen needs to fix that ASAP though, as people that couldn't figure out the nudging trick will assume the table is broken. I was actually going to ask for a refund and then repurchase the table when Zen decides to fix it because the table was practically broken. The ratings and reviews on the AppStore after the new update has been atrocious. It's hard to recommend a game to people when they log on and see a three star rating for the app.

Epic Quest is an awesome table btw, great job from Zen's design team.

Comment

• surf1der
        Pinball Wizard
        • Jan 2012

I have also confirmed the bug is on my ipad 3. Looks like it was introduced with the last Star Wars update because like curiousyellow mentioned, it was working fine before. It should only require 2 shots to the cave hole to begin a monster fight.

Comment

• Landozelig
          • Feb 2013

I'm glad this thread is here - I came here to post the same bug. The ball just sits there for like 2 seconds when it enters the cave hole and then is put back in the launch ramp instead of doing anything. Hope they fix this soon - no way you can possibly get the "I Killed Everything" achievement if you can't trigger the last 4 monsters.

Comment

• Kneda
            • Mar 2013

Confirm : Yep same happening here

This is happening for me also ... iPad mini latest version of the table (purchased March 9th).

Kind of ruins the game in a way as not only does it stop access to certain monsters, it also means if you're in a battle and the ball ends up in the cave it just sits there until you take a hit.

Any response from Zen on this? Otherwise awesome table so a shame to see this.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

Thanks for the reports everyone!

Comment

• Landozelig
                • Feb 2013

Any word on a fix? I just got the "I Killed Everything" trophy on the Win8 version, but can't do so on my iPad until this gets fixed.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Landozelig
                  Any word on a fix? I just got the "I Killed Everything" trophy on the Win8 version, but can't do so on my iPad until this gets fixed.
                  No ETA at this time, I'll let you all know if that changes.

Comment

• falcon05
                    • Nov 2012

When the ball gets stuck in the cave trying nudging the table by shaking your iPad. It works for my iPhone so maybe it will work for your iPad too.

Comment

• Landozelig
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by falcon05
                      When the ball gets stuck in the cave trying nudging the table by shaking your iPad. It works for my iPhone so maybe it will work for your iPad too.
                      I've tried that, but 50% of the time it ends in a tilt. I've only been able to trigger one monster from the cave so far.

So I've been reading about how it costs $25K to update a game on the xbox - what's the deal with the App store for iOS devices? This bug was introduced when the Star Wars tables came out and should be pretty easy to track down - it's not like you have to have 20 things going on to reproduce it - it's simple, the cave hole doesn't work. So do we have to wait months for this or will it be soon? From reading the forums it seems like there are a LOT of bugs across all platforms that are not getting fixed. Zen, why don't you guys slow down with the pushing out new tables on all platforms until you get the current ones working?

Comment

• falcon05
                        • Nov 2012

I've tried that, but 50% of the time it ends in a tilt. I've only been able to trigger one monster from the cave so far.

So I've been reading about how it costs $25K to update a game on the xbox - what's the deal with the App store for iOS devices? This bug was introduced when the Star Wars tables came out and should be pretty easy to track down - it's not like you have to have 20 things going on to reproduce it - it's simple, the cave hole doesn't work. So do we have to wait months for this or will it be soon? From reading the forums it seems like there are a LOT of bugs across all platforms that are not getting fixed. Zen, why don't you guys slow down with the pushing out new tables on all platforms until you get the current ones working?
                        That's unfortunate, I use an iPhone 5 and so far I have only gotten two tilts when I attempt to enter the cave out of hundreds of attempts.

As with the slow updates, I think it's just a case where the iOS market share is too insignificant compared to other platforms. So any bugs that are specific to iOS will be incredibly low on their support team's priority list. Looking at gamecenter, their most popular DLC has 35,000 registered users and that's in total since the game was available a year an a half ago. If each table goes for $1.99 or $0.99 you can calculate how much money Zen is making from the iOS platform by multiplying that by the existing number of users per table. That's already not including the money they potentially have to split with Apple (not sure how DLCs work with Apple) or piracy issues.

Comment

• curiousyellow
                          • Mar 2012

Update. On the iPad2 I use, when the ball is stuck in the cave, just tap lightly on the upper third of the screen and the ball will pop out and do its normal stuff. This is a bug that will cause a tilt on some ZP games, but seems to cure this other bug. For now.

Game Center: carlczerny

Comment

Working...