Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: New games. Surely soon

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26

    Default New games. Surely soon

    Hi.

    Can we get ANY indication when we might see some new releases that aren't Bally Williams re draws?

    New original titles.

    I've said before that personally I won't buy the Williams stuff as I can use VPX for them, but we need some fresh original releases as it's been what feels like 10 years since that happened.

    Yes, it's all about me me me. Lol.
    Seriously though.....some word ?.

  2. #2
    Member The Omega M4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    39

    Default

    ^^Zen is a business, so you must see the irony of refusing to buy tables and support the platform then wanting to know when more tables are coming. lol
    xBL GT: The Omega M4N
    Steam OMEGA MAN
    PS4 Firefox2000

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26

    Default

    ^^ Nice reply , but clearly not too much intelligence put into it.

    Do you realise I own every other Zen title and want to throw more money at thier business.

    Little embarrassing that you don't understand that any business has to understand client base has different wants and should listen to what they're all asking for.

    Geez. Lol to you too

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Omega M4n View Post
    ^^Zen is a business, so you must see the irony of refusing to buy tables and support the platform then wanting to know when more tables are coming. lol
    They were pushing marvel and star wars tables ie properties which were billion dollar properties but have gave it all up to focus solely on retro ports which I think has all but killed the game. The idea was fine but to make it 100% of your table outfit for so long means yeah most have moved on whether they liked the retro tables or not (as already said - most have bought these elsewhere). It's also cost PFX it's USP of unrealistic virtual table platform... It drove a decade of fans and three titles across multiple systems. Honestly I think they took the cheaper and easier option with changing their business model. Forums dead too.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Skode gets it.
    A100% spot on.

    How many people are out here WAITING to spend coin with Zen, but not on games we already have for free on VPX, or are just a little tired of. Sure they look great, but have no need for them.

    But no new originals, means NO coin from many people. That's not good business Omega Man.

  6. #6
    Member The Omega M4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    ^^ Nice reply , but clearly not too much intelligence put into it.

    Do you realise I own every other Zen title and want to throw more money at thier business.

    Little embarrassing that you don't understand that any business has to understand client base has different wants and should listen to what they're all asking for.

    Geez. Lol to you too

    We all own ever other table, but unlike yourself some of us actually continue to support the company knowing it will continue to release tables, but unlike yourself some of us are not refusing to buy tables because we can play them free from dubious sources, but of course you tell everyone how much money each table you play for free on VPX goes to supporting the table and roms licence holders........right. lol
    Last edited by The Omega M4n; 04-02-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    xBL GT: The Omega M4N
    Steam OMEGA MAN
    PS4 Firefox2000

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Honestly I think they took the cheaper and easier option with changing their business model. Forums dead too.
    Yeah.That is pretty much what happened.Shame but Zen was we knew it is history.Was cool while it lasted and the old tables are still there to play.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26

    Default

    If Zen could indicate IF they have any original tables in the works that would be great.

    To have this thread attempted to be hijacked into a battle of wits by one forum member , well if I get into that battle it will just get mentally draining , for everyone, and in a battle of wits he will fail.....dismally. So that garbage stops now

    So if anyone has any information about my original question , to keep this on track, that would be great. Otherwise STFU.

    Thankyou

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    If Zen could indicate IF they have any original tables in the works that would be great.

    To have this thread attempted to be hijacked into a battle of wits by one forum member , well if I get into that battle it will just get mentally draining , for everyone, and in a battle of wits he will fail.....dismally. So that garbage stops now

    So if anyone has any information about my original question , to keep this on track, that would be great. Otherwise STFU.

    Thankyou
    Zen has actually commented on facebook and other social media and links to those posts have been posted here as well detailing their plan to not release any new tables until may or even possibly june of this year. I do not recall them expressing a specific reason for the delay since this news was posted prior to the corona outbreak. Zen also never posts what they are working on until 2 weeks prior to release.
    Accomplishments in real life

    1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Many thanks for that information

  11. #11
    Member The Omega M4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    If Zen could indicate IF they have any original tables in the works that would be great.

    To have this thread attempted to be hijacked into a battle of wits by one forum member , well if I get into that battle it will just get mentally draining , for everyone, and in a battle of wits he will fail.....dismally. So that garbage stops now

    So if anyone has any information about my original question , to keep this on track, that would be great. Otherwise STFU.

    Thankyou
    You are quite right of course, why should i have wasted my time replying to someone who admits to refusing to buy tables because they can pirate them for free, and then with that logic complains about the lack of tables that they want, and even have the audacity to come onto their website and brag about it openly, hell you won't support them for a pack of tables that will cost you around the same as a Big Mc Meal......... but hey, maybe we should all just do what you do and pirate the tables for free, and then where would we be...possibly sitting over at Pinball Arcade watching them making shovelware bowling games.....but you pirate away and continue to be entitled.
    Last edited by The Omega M4n; 04-03-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    xBL GT: The Omega M4N
    Steam OMEGA MAN
    PS4 Firefox2000

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    Hi.

    Can we get ANY indication when we might see some new releases that aren't Bally Williams re draws?

    New original titles.

    I've said before that personally I won't buy the Williams stuff as I can use VPX for them, but we need some fresh original releases as it's been what feels like 10 years since that happened.

    Yes, it's all about me me me. Lol.
    Seriously though.....some word ?.
    Terrible post. If you’re a VPX fan, you should support Zen. Pinball Arcade and any other proprietary effort to bring classic pinball titles to the public. I and many other VPX users buy every single Zen Williams title to ensure they know these platforms can coexist to mutual benefit.

    Also, what Zen offers is totally unique. Their mods are right in keeping with Williams themes. I love their stuff! Can’t wait to buy the Williams tables all over again when they’re released in VR someday (fingers crossed).

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
    Terrible post
    Fuckwits.

  14. #14
    Member The Omega M4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    39

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    Fuckwits.
    Nice to see that university education not going to waste.
    xBL GT: The Omega M4N
    Steam OMEGA MAN
    PS4 Firefox2000

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5

    Default

    If I might share my two cents here, I'm with OP on wanting new tables. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and respect immensely what Zen has done recreating the classic Williams tables, and I completely get why those who grew up with those tables want them to keep pumping those out.

    Having said that, I love Zen's original and IP-based tables. Not only are they great games in and of themselves, but for fans of the genre/IPs being adapted, they serve as perfect tributes. And it's a bit sad to note that Zen hasn't put out a single original table or pack since they started doing the Williams recreations (and prior to that, the last original pack was for Solo: A Star Wars Story back in 2018, if I'm not mistaken). I don't blame them for going ahead with the Williams license, but maybe there could have been a better balance? I guess it's been quite profitable for Zen, so I can hardly begrudge them, but if I'm allowed to be a bit selfish, it would have been nice to have gotten the odd original table between releases.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
    If I might share my two cents here, I'm with OP on wanting new tables. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and respect immensely what Zen has done recreating the classic Williams tables, and I completely get why those who grew up with those tables want them to keep pumping those out.

    Having said that, I love Zen's original and IP-based tables. Not only are they great games in and of themselves, but for fans of the genre/IPs being adapted, they serve as perfect tributes. And it's a bit sad to note that Zen hasn't put out a single original table or pack since they started doing the Williams recreations (and prior to that, the last original pack was for Solo: A Star Wars Story back in 2018, if I'm not mistaken). I don't blame them for going ahead with the Williams license, but maybe there could have been a better balance? I guess it's been quite profitable for Zen, so I can hardly begrudge them, but if I'm allowed to be a bit selfish, it would have been nice to have gotten the odd original table between releases.
    Same, I prefer the Zen original and IP-based (especially Star Wars, would love a tie-in with the last movie or the Mandalorian). The Williams ones are ok too but I have them with The Pinball Arcade so I have not bought the last two packs yet. One day on sale...

  17. #17
    Member MilliElektra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    64

    Default

    haven t i read something about releasing new tables? in may or so?
    at least something new i know... not sure if in may...

    i wait for a new table too. i mean new...and not a remake...
    i began with pinball fx3 VR ...the VR tables have so much to offer...
    but i think there i have to wait longer for VR tables

    i think its really a problem to have deals with so many different companies
    every platform has its own interests
    i wish they would focus on being themselves. thats my opition.

    i really don t understand why not every table is avalable in Vr.
    i mean...they allready have the tables in 3d...hm
    where is the problem.
    its has to have to do with the platforms.
    otherwise its unlogical.
    and thats not nice.

    thats the brake, i m sure
    i have more arguments. at least one more argument. why i see it this way.it has to do with
    conflicts between apple and nintendo.
    My native language is German, therefore I can t write it very good.
    This conflict I mean which I saw between them showed me one thing: there are more conflicts, with more companies.
    This I believe.
    They try to get the most from all, but that causes slowing down the progress in getting better and releasing new tables.
    When money slows down progress, this frustrates me. It’s sad.
    I don’t know if I would do the same. But really I think I wouldn’t.
    I think it’s not a good decision.
    Here we see....progress is slowed down.
    Last edited by MilliElektra; 04-20-2020 at 09:46 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Not sure about issues between platforms but licensing and expense. To be frank I'm utterly convinced they just let the Disney IPs deal expire hence they ignored all the latest billion dollar movies your certain they'd otherwise push - Black Panther, Captain Marvel etc don't even have excuse of character/theme being covered in past like say Infinity War or Doctor Strange. They were also willing to do Solo movie and even the animated Star Wars stuff but none of the prequels or latest movies? Disney of course own Fox too these days which also had IPs heavily featured.

    Yeah as such they're only interested in Williams and Bally. Games dying from losing its mass appeal to niche appeal which is what real tables are... Simply not mainstream. With this change of direction I'm not sure VR is priority with smaller amount of resources on hand. I think we're likely to not see any more VR tables going forward.

  19. #19
    Member MilliElektra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I meant licence problems, yes...
    I didn’t liked to say this...
    I still hope it’s going further.
    And it will go further.
    But slower as it could be.

    I will wait...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •