Thread: Tilting

Default Tilting

Any tablet users got any advice of tilting? I'm using a Nexus 10 and alternate between having no effect or a full TILT much of the time. I can sometimes pull off a successful tilt but it appears to be mostly chance.

ya tilting is very hard to do on the mobile version.

I dont really try doing it too much because its too risky

Just wanted to say thanks to the zen team for adding the new tilting feature. When you tap the upper one thirds of the screen the table will do a nudge. Three consecutive nudges will cause a tilt. This is way better than waving your phone or tablet wildly and hoping it not to tilt.

There isn't any way to nudge upwards via tapping on the screen is there? Would like to be able to try death saves with a tap

Quote Originally Posted by Lock1454 View Post
    There isn't any way to nudge upwards via tapping on the screen is there? Would like to be able to try death saves with a tap
    No...only side nudgeing right now for touch screen...ive pulled off 3 death saves on android by the shake method (out of who knows how many attempts) twice on F4 & once on Avengers...without the cap ball of course! ( no trophy for me haha! ) real pita on Android...a little ext. controller support might help that!

Yeah, on non-Fear itself tables I have managed a single bang back ever. And I was so surprised then that I immediately let the ball drain again...
    On Fear Itself its easy enough that I regularly make it. Although sometimes even the first try tilts the table.

Definitely a pain on mobile devices. And when I attached a keyboard, while I could use the flippers and start the ball, there was no way of nudging...

I have played the Zen Pinball app on iOS since it was first released in 2011. Because using the accelerometer/gyroscope frequently fails to nudge, performing nudge passes is unwise. Also, because nudging sometimes causes a tilt without any tilt warnings, it is also unwise to nudge pass and perform a bang back (unless you don't expect a large EOB bonus). Now that we have touch zones to nudge left and right, I am now performing slap saves regularly and I can often divert the ball away from outlanes. I can definitely say nudging has improved on touch devices, however, I can still do much more with my ps3 controller.

@ Surf1der.....Agreed...much better than it was with shake only....but maybe a little more tweeking is needed. Perhaps an option for either shake or touch nudgeing only (not both at same time) or completly off....i had very little issues before....aside from nearly impossible forward nudge/death saves, lol....but it does seem like shaking is more powerful(?) than before....it seems to tilt with alot more ease....and yeah, its a total diff ballgame with a ps3 dual shock....if only i could play with my ds controller...(hint hint Zen Studios lol)