Thread: Bug bug bugZ on ESB

Default Bug bug bugZ on ESB

Again, and again... unbelievable !

Three times on three games : when I chose an empire reward, all the game is freezing and music play the same thing. I have to turn off the XB.

Last score = 1,7 Billion (with 3 balls behind).

This weekend was like a frustrating experience, I really wasted my time.

Frustrating, because for a moment, all your tables are bugged. And there's no patch on FX2 (you do it only for ZP2 ?)
    Last edited by wims; 03-11-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: billion not million ^^
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Angry

Unless it’s a massive bug that affects the majority of players I would be very surprised if it gets fixed.

I asked about patching and bug fixing a while ago and was told it was too expensive to do on Xbox.

It makes me wonder why there is a stickied bugs thread on the FX2 forum when there seems to be no
    intention of fixing anything???

Thanks to answer.

I'd be surprised to see a patch for 360 too (we're still waiting for Paranormal, Avengers, where bugs are most important and players had to reset games).

You're right to say the patch is too expensive to do on Xbox, because of the upload price on microsoft servers. This is the reason why many studios pay more attention to test their game, before putting them on sale. Zen chose dematerialization, so they must take responsibility if their games are bugged.

I'm sorry to say that, but today, Zen is no longer able to release their tables without any bugs, like they did before. Many topics on the official forum are talking about resets, bugs, glitchs, etc. They really seems sorry for us but do anything to improve beta-test, despite repeated requests from fans.

Empire Strikes Back is like a Paranormal 2 on Xbox : Yoda keep the ball (reset), Empire reward freezing (reset), Vader's door won't close (annoying), Force mode won't start, strange slowdowns on some consoles....

The table is so beautiful, it hurts the heart.

Default bug on Episode V

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Again, and again... unbelievable !

Three times on three games : when I chose an empire reward, all the game is freezing and music play the same thing. I have to turn off the XB.

Last score = 1,7 million (with 3 balls behind).

This weekend was like a frustrating experience, I really wasted my time.

Frustrating, because for a moment, all your tables are bugged. And there's no patch on FX2 (you do it only for ZP2 ?)
    Same prob for me too , This table is beautiful but the bug ruin the game...

The freeze, for the 5th time :

Ball 1-2, 2,5 billions.

And no answer ?

Ball 1-2, 2,5 billions.

And no answer ?
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but like with all bug reports I did send it to the team.

Ball 1-2, 2,5 billions.

And no answer ?
    I still try to find whats causing this. Very odd, there is nothing flashing on the table... I have never seen anything like this. Truly sorry guys!

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    I still try to find whats causing this. Very odd, there is nothing flashing on the table... I have never seen anything like this. Truly sorry guys!
    Thanks deep and barbie.

Yes, screen is freezing but music continues playing. The first time, I thought it was my console was heated, but it happened again 4 times, at the same moment, when I press the launch button to chose a Empire reward.

I understand you can be sorry, but all these bugs on ESB could be fixed forever with a better beta-test... time to think to recruit some testers, guys !

So this time, I begin a new game on ZP2... Let's see what happens, but I will play with aprehension.

Could we ever see a patch for the Xbox ? Or is it too expansive ?

Thanks deep and barbie.

Yes, screen is freezing but music continues playing. The first time, I thought it was my console was heated, but it happened again 4 times, at the same moment, when I press the launch button to chose a Empire reward.

I understand you can be sorry, but all these bugs on ESB could be fixed forever with a better beta-test... time to think to recruit some testers, guys !

So this time, I begin a new game on ZP2... Let's see what happens, but I will play with aprehension.

Could we ever see a patch for the Xbox ? Or is it too expansive ?
    Can you restart the game from the pause menu, or you have to reset the console?
    Last edited by deep; 03-12-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Can you restart the game from the pause menu, or you have to reset the console?
    No I can't, I have to turn off the console manually. The big XBox button (in the middle of the pad) doesn't work either, I can't return to XBLA menu either.

So yesterday, I tried to play on PS3 with ZP2. Two games : both, restart because the ion canon holds the ball (ending to spell YODA). Flippers move but it's impossible to tilt. I had a hurry-up Force mode in work (probe shooting) : it doesn't stop, there was no countdown on DMD. But I'll post a video tonight, better to see what happens.

I don't know if you see, but since friday agternoon (the announcement of the tournament), I just try to finish a game. I despair, long games don't seem possible.

I hope you understand me, because my english's not so good, but you will see better with the video tonight

Otherwise, congratulations for your amazing work on this table, probably the best you've ever done. And thank you for always being attentive to the fans in despair.

No I can't, I have to turn off the console manually. The big XBox button (in the middle of the pad) doesn't work either, I can't return to XBLA menu either.

So yesterday, I tried to play on PS3 with ZP2. Two games : both, restart because the ion canon holds the ball (ending to spell YODA). Flippers move but it's impossible to tilt. I had a hurry-up Force mode in work (probe shooting) : it doesn't stop, there was no countdown on DMD. But I'll post a video tonight, better to see what happens.

I don't know if you see, but since friday agternoon (the announcement of the tournament), I just try to finish a game. I despair, long games don't seem possible.

I hope you understand me, because my english's not so good, but you will see better with the video tonight

Otherwise, congratulations for your amazing work on this table, probably the best you've ever done. And thank you for always being attentive to the fans in despair.
    Thanks for your response! Its all clear what you described, we are searching for the problems.

Just found the Empire award bug: if you have all 3 kickbacks, AND the multipliers held, AND there is no other awards left than this 2 (kickback, multi held), it will crash.

Still searching the yoda related one.

Just found the Empire award bug: if you have all 3 kickbacks, AND the multipliers held, AND there is no other awards left than this 2 (kickback, multi held), it will crash.

Waouh, it makes sense !

Seriously, how did you come to this logic ? Ok ok, I'll try to play noting the rewards already had, loool.

I'm really relieved because I thought I was the only one who had this bug no other player seems to have met. «Thank you, my master».

Waouh, it makes sense !

Seriously, how did you come to this logic ? Ok ok, I'll try to play noting the rewards already had, loool.

I'm really relieved because I thought I was the only one who had this bug no other player seems to have met. «Thank you, my master».
    I scripted the table, so I did some digging and found it. It's rare when you got all these stuff together, so other players haven't run into it.

Ok, I found the Yoda problem too:
    its related to the LANDO rollovers. If you have all 3 kickbacks (including saber saver) and you collect all the rollovers again for a bonus score, it can go wrong and the dotmatrix shows no more animations till you hit one of the LANDO rollovers again. In this case, the dotmatrix queue resets and everything is fine again. So basicly, if one of the LANDO rollovers lit, you are safe to shoot for a Yoda award...

Thank you again, it's probably that.

I've seen again my video, and there's no LANDO lit.

I hope this will be fixed soon, not afraid for ZP2 but for FX2 it's an other thing.

Same here. My video with the Yoda bug has no LANDO lights lit and all kickbacks/saber saver lit. Thanks for telling us about these bugs and how to avoid them.
    Last edited by surf1der; 03-13-2013 at 04:41 PM.

I tested and that crashed again on the 8th reward, after winning : points > 1 billion (3 times) - points < 1 billion (1 time) - hurry-up - score x2 - EOB. So for me it is that :
    "if you have all 3 kickbacks, AND the multipliers held, AND there is no other awards left than this 2 with points reward, it will crash".

Logically to avoid it, if you already found score x2, bonus EOB, and hurry-up mode, it's prudent to let the ball drain, to turn off the saber saver ? Is that right ?

I tested and that crashed again on the 8th reward, after winning : points > 1 billion (3 times) - points < 1 billion (1 time) - hurry-up - score x2 - EOB. So for me it is that :
    "if you have all 3 kickbacks, AND the multipliers held, AND there is no other awards left than this 2 with points reward, it will crash".

Logically to avoid it, if you already found score x2, bonus EOB, and hurry-up mode, it's prudent to let the ball drain, to turn off the saber saver ? Is that right ?
    Your best bet is not to have all 3 kickbacks and multiplier held the same time. So, yeah if the saber saver deactivated, you are safe.

Your best bet is not to have all 3 kickbacks and multiplier held the same time. So, yeah if the saber saver deactivated, you are safe.
    What do you mean by "the same time" ?

For me there are twelve random rewards, but in a lot :

1) Small points.
    2) Big points (< 1 million).
    3) Big points (> 1 million).
    4) Big points (> 1 m)
    5) Big points (> 1 m)
    6) Kickback (pushback then saber saver) - or points if already had.
    7) Advancing multiplier - or points if already max.
    8) Multipliers held - or points if already had.
    9) Extraball lite - or points if already had.
    10) Hurry-up mode.
    11) Score x2.
    12) EOB.

I mean it's impossible to have a reward twice in the same lot of characters.

When all is already activated, rewards 1 to 9 give points, and it's impossible to know what they originally give.

That's why I suggest to let the ball draining when score x2, bonus EOB, and hurry-up mode were done in the same lot. Uh ?

Oh and I just noticed other minor bugs, if it could help you :

- Very low and unusual framerate during some missions (scenes and probe shooting for example), but that's not the case for all consoles. On my Xbox (2008) it's perfect, but on a friend's Xbox, it is very slow, and on my recent PS3 too. I've seen the same thing on Boba Fett on ZP2, when Slave I is approaching and during combos modes.

- Hurry-up Force mode doesn't work sometimes (letters stay lightning, and no mode starts).

- DMD is freezing after scene 5 (we always see Cheewee fighting stromtroopers).

- Disturbing change views in the beginning and the end of multiballs.

- Vader's door keep open in the end of a multiball. I think it's only on Tie and Bespin multiballs, where door is a springboard. The only way to close it again is to play another one.

- No countdown (3-2-1) after a pause, if we have any flipper up.

- No right kickback / saber saver activated when we shoot the flashing right ramp, finishing to spell YODA (and may be when AT-AT mode is starting).

Hmmm what else (George ?) I really explored the table and I think that's all. Thank you again for your time and attention deep, you rocks.
    Last edited by wims; 03-13-2013 at 11:55 PM.

What do you mean by "the same time" ?

For me there are twelve random rewards, but in a lot :

1) Small points.
    2) Big points (< 1 million).
    3) Big points (> 1 million).
    4) Big points (> 1 m)
    5) Big points (> 1 m)
    6) Kickback (pushback then saber saver) - or points if already had.
    7) Advancing multiplier - or points if already max.
    8) Multipliers held - or points if already had.
    9) Extraball lite - or points if already had.
    10) Hurry-up mode.
    11) Score x2.
    12) EOB.

I mean it's impossible to have a reward twice in the same lot of characters.

When all is already activated, rewards 1 to 9 give points, and it's impossible to know what they originally give.

That's why I suggest to let the ball draining when score x2, bonus EOB, and hurry-up mode were done in the same lot. Uh ?
    The problem is with the 2 awards. The kickback, and the multiplier held. When the random award would give you kickback, but you have already have all 3, then it will randomize an other award, but it switches back the opportunity of it for the next time. The multi held works the same, if you already have it, it switches back itself and randomize an other award. If only these two are available as awards, it gets into an endless cycle and they randomize each other.

The idea behind the switching back is that if you got all three kickbacks, and for example the very first award you get would be the kickback it would take much time till you could get that award again. So I wanted it to be perfect, and intelligent, but it fails in this particular case.

Oh and I just noticed other minor bugs, if it could help you :

- Very low and unusual framerate during some missions (scenes and probe shooting for example), but that's not the case for all consoles. On my Xbox (2008) it's perfect, but on a friend's Xbox, it is very slow, and on my recent PS3 too. I've seen the same thing on Boba Fett on ZP2, when Slave I is approaching and during combos modes.

- Hurry-up Force mode doesn't work sometimes (letters stay lightning, and no mode starts).

- DMD is freezing after scene 5 (we always see Cheewee fighting stromtroopers).

- Disturbing change views in the beginning and the end of multiballs.

- Vader's door keep open in the end of a multiball. I think it's only on Tie and Bespin multiballs, where door is a springboard. The only way to close it again is to play another one.

- No right kickback / saber saver activated when we shoot the flashing right ramp, finishing to spell YODA (and may be when AT-AT mode is starting).

- No countdown (3-2-1) after a pause (except during training, that works).

Hmmm what else (George ?) I really explored the table and I think that's all. Thank you again for your time and attention deep, you rocks.
    Thank you for these too! I will try to hunt them all down. You know this is my, and probably Zen's most complicated table with all the stacked modes and everything. Next time I keep it a little more simple and hopefully much more bug free.

I understand, with all these missions, it must have been very difficult to run this table, besides they can be played together. This is the best table you've done, and you can be proud. These bugs hurt my heart, so I can't guess yours.

Oh, and... this is the first time on this forum I talk with a designer, although I've already mentioned many other bugs that were not taken with the same heart. Thank you again to follow our requests with Barbie, it would be great if all the designers could do the same.

And don't worry, if I seem a bit grumpy «sometimes», I'll be «always» here to help Zen as I can !

Default coup de gueule

hello,

it is only a few months I play pinball fx2 on xbox and I have almost all the tables.
    I am registered on the lup's club french forum and I am writing this message to support my fellow hardcore gamers, knowing that one day or another, I would be entitled to the bugs they find.
    The principle of the game is to make points. What is the interest if, due to a bug, it's too easy to make a high score, or, conversely, it is impossible because the table freeze ?
    I don't understand why you don't test better your tables. I'm sure some gamers I meet on the forum would agree to play the beta tester. Why not use them?
    And updates: because it is too expensive to be on the xbox live, you don't want to do them ? I think it's not normal.
    I know that my message will not change your strategy, but I find it unfortunate that each time, with new tables, you lose credibility.

c'était mon coup de gueule de la journée.

...I'll be «always» here to help Zen as I can !
    You've done a very nice job of it too, that's some excellent testing and documentation you've done.

Default annoying bugs

in my first game ever i had a bug after starting Cloud City Multiball ...it startet without any Balls , TILT not possible..
    today the same f''k with the TIE-Fighter Multiball ..,TIE-Fighter arrives ,no Balls , TIE flys away & Table not able to be tilt ...
    it was my first try for the tournament .... shame on those stupid bugs ...i have 4-5 mates who would have bought all Tables , because they liked playing them
    at my home ... but they wont, because of the bugs ....

I have been holding out on playing this table as it seemed to be the most complicated and it sure is. I didn't though reckon on the fact that the biggest complication would be all the effort that is required not to run into a bug!!! Not fun
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Is this only on the Xbox or will I run into this problem on Win8 and my iPad also?

Hi again deep,

I don't know if you realize the importance and significance of your sentences, when you're playing.

But believe me if I tell you I just finished the most complex and technical game of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ER777 View Post
    You've done a very nice job of it too, that's some excellent testing and documentation you've done.
    You, thank you ! I think you'll be the only one who thanked me, and that many will rather call me cheater

Well, you helped Deep to precisely identify a nasty game-ending bug, which I presume will lead to a fix with the next update. So hopefully other people will be thanking you too or at least thinking it to themselves if not saying it. I'm glad to just know about what causes it so I can make sure to avoid it myself.

Not sure if this is a bug but I had 9x multiplier, no extra ball lit.

No bug, tried again and got to 9x plus one more set of rollovers lights the extra ball.

Default how to avoid the Yoda - FREEZE

i only run in to this Bug , if i go for the kast Yoda Letter "A" & AT-ST Hurryup (or R2D2 ) are running at the same time .....
    those to Hurryups let the upper Bumpertowers Glow & Spinn arround ....
    i can always avoid this bug if i let the Hurryup Countown run down if Yoda is ready to lock the ball for choosing a Gift

I found another bug and I'll try to explain how I think it happened.

I started "AT-ST Rush" as a reward from spelling FORCE. While it was still active I started Scene 5 checkpoint 1. Normally during Scene 5, shooting the right ramp causes the ball to drop into the upper-left sinkhole and then down to the right mini flipper. When the AT-ST mode ended the ball wouldn't drop down but instead went through the cloud city spinner and down to the left flipper. Since it was impossible to progress Scene 5 I just waited for it to fail and started again. Everything worked fine after restarting the mission.

I'm really happy with all the new tables, but this is easily one of my overall favorites. Nice job deep!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyIronHead View Post
    I found another bug and I'll try to explain how I think it happened.

I started "AT-ST Rush" as a reward from spelling FORCE. While it was still active I started Scene 5 checkpoint 1. Normally during Scene 5, shooting the right ramp causes the ball to drop into the upper-left sinkhole and then down to the right mini flipper. When the AT-ST mode ended the ball wouldn't drop down but instead went through the cloud city spinner and down to the left flipper. Since it was impossible to progress Scene 5 I just waited for it to fail and started again. Everything worked fine after restarting the mission.

I'm really happy with all the new tables, but this is easily one of my overall favorites. Nice job deep!
    Thank you for the report, this has slipped through. Although you can manually stop the ball in Cloud City with the lanuch button any time.

Default Best table ruined

Yep I had 1.3 billion on ball one with five extra balls and the empire reward has screwed me twice. Looks like I'm not going to win this one. My strategy involves going that way so I'm screwed. Hats off to the guy with 4.4 bill. I'm not taking that risk.

Default Omg

Unbelievable. Bug after bug after bug! Why?! I've been such a huge supporter of zen and now I think this might be my last purchase. It disgusts me that potentially the best table in the game has game breaking bugs. Pathetic and inexcusable. I just wish there was pride in the work especially with the time put into it. I finally figure a way around the glitch that freeZes the game but then the stupid trap door opens and I'm stuck with it my face for the rest of the game! No matter what I did it couldn't be fixed. I got so disgusted I just tilted every ball I had and recorded the score but I'm definitely calling it a quits. Take some time to fix your tables zen! Whether its expensive or not because this table should have been your masterpiece. Was looking that way at first

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo Nalu View Post
    ?..but then the stupid trap door opens and I'm stuck with it my face for the rest of the game! No matter what I did it couldn't be fixed....
    I had this too but didn't post it as I'm not sure what events were happening at the time. I carried on playing and it eventually closed after about 20 minutes of playing.

Unfortunately on 360 it works something like this…

- Barbie reports bug to the ‘team’.
    - ‘Team’ say we can fix this with a patch.
    - Man responsible for authorizing money for the patch says no.
    - Bug remains.

Underpinning this is the fact that most of the casuals don’t find these bugs. Seeing as they form the vast majority
    of customers there is even less of a reason to fix them.

I think I read somewhere that a patch costs $25,000. If that’s true then probably over 2500 of us could
    refuse to buy the tables and it still wouldn’t outweigh the cost.

I guess there is the loss of goodwill to consider and the fact that us here on the forum are the most vocal supporters
    of FX2 – I don’t know how you quantify that financially.

Personally I didn’t buy the Star Wars tables because I suspected there would be problems with either
    bugs or scoring balance. I wont be buying any more tables unless this improves. Zen should have this stuff
    down to a fine art by now.

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    I had this too but didn't post it as I'm not sure what events were happening at the time. I carried on playing and it eventually closed after about 20 minutes of playing.

Ok good so there is something that triggers it to shut I guess. Still the fact remains that they should have this down to a fine art by now. I shouldn't have to deliberately play around the bugs because zen messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Personally I didn’t buy the Star Wars tables because I suspected there would be problems with either
    bugs or scoring balance. I wont be buying any more tables unless this improves. Zen should have this stuff
    down to a fine art by now.

Agreed. I wish I hadn't bought the tables and I should have known better by now. Ill continue to play the tables I have and that's it. I may ask around to see if any future tables have bugs before I buy.

Star Wars V went from being potentially the best table to around the fourth worst for me. Extreme, FF4, Paranormal are probably still worse than Star Wars but I hate to put it among those.
    Last edited by Lolo Nalu; 03-19-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Talking Found a third game breaker

Ok so apparently if you get to 1 mil on Vadar Frenzy it gives you a multiball and if you so happen to open scene six like me then all your balls will drain meaning its ball lost. I thought I could live with that until I realized that I would not get a new ball in return. Game just locked again! Got to love it.

I might just rank this below paranormal because at least there is a mode that you can use with no game breakers in paranormal.
    Last edited by Lolo Nalu; 03-19-2013 at 10:28 PM.

I thought I'd better add to this because I just had the Empire Award game freeze when I still had 9 characters to choose from. I counted them because I was making sure that whenever there were only 2 left, I would drain the ball to turn off the Saber Save, get an Empire Award and then get my Saber Save back. Apparently this is not safe though!

I did have all 3 kickbacks and had already received the Multipliers Held bonus on the ball I was playing. As the previous poster of the bug noted, my Xbox was completely unresponsive, including the Guide button and all I could do was turn off the Xbox.

Please could you advise if there's any safe strategy that can be employed to avoid this...and if it doesn't involve turning off a kickback/ ball save then all the better because obviously the main strategy for a high score is to keep them active.
    Last edited by Spirit X; 03-20-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit X View Post
    I thought I'd better add to this because I just had the Empire Award game freeze when I still had 9 characters to choose from. I counted them because I was making sure that whenever there were only 2 left, I would drain the ball to turn off the Saber Save, get an Empire Award and then get my Saber Save back. Apparently this is not safe though!

I did have all 3 kickbacks and had already received the Multipliers Held bonus on the ball I was playing. As the previous poster of the bug noted, my Xbox was completely unresponsive, including the Guide button and all I could do was turn off the Xbox.

Please could you advise if there's any safe strategy that can be employed to avoid this...and if it doesn't involve turning off a kickback/ ball save then all the better because obviously the main strategy for a high score is to keep them active.
    Hmm, thats very odd. In theory, it would have been work. I don't know any circumstances where this workaround not works. Did you unlock all the characters before once or more? If yes, the case could have been the same situation as described, because the selectable characters not necessarily equals the available awards. They could go out of sync.

Yeah it's really annoying when you think you are about to activate the saber saver and it doesn't reward you.

Also, I'm playing on PS3 and the table has twice frozen at the same kind of position: ball 1 and I shoot the ramp to spell 'YODA' and rather than offer the choice of reward the ball disappears and the game locks. Music plays, I can flip still and even save the game but when you continue the saved game it is still in the same position.

This is my favourite ever Zen table, even with all the bugs...

I have had the same problem as you. What I do unfortunately after multipliers are held I drain my saber saver every single time I go for empire reward. Best bet. Sorry I know it sucks. Technically it's still not safe because it puts you at risk of losing ball. At least you don't freeze

Hmm, thats very odd. In theory, it would have been work. I don't know any circumstances where this workaround not works. Did you unlock all the characters before once or more? If yes, the case could have been the same situation as described, because the selectable characters not necessarily equals the available awards. They could go out of sync.
    Yes I had already been through all the characters two or three times I think so sounds like they were indeed out of sync as you suggest.

For anyone else reading, while playing recently I've noticed that there are only really 2 big game breaking bugs to try and avoid. All the freezes that occur when activating FORCE Hurry Ups, Multiballs and YODA awards seem to be caused by the LANDO letter bug. That is to say that if you have all your kickbacks active and you start any mode when no LANDO letters are lit, the game will freeze. If it happens when starting a FORCE Hurry Up, just be patient and after 10-15 seconds a new ball will be auto-plunged into play. For the other modes, on some occassions you can tilt the table to drain your ball and carry on playing but more often than not you just have to restart the game. This bug is very difficult to avoid because, as just happened to me, various modes often start up as a result of accidental shots/ bounces, especially during multiball so it's just pot luck really.

The second one is the Empire Award bug which, as discussed above, can strike at any time once you've been through the characters, have been awarded Multipliers Held and have all 3 kickbacks active, so the only way to avoid it seems to be to not use the Saber Saver.

Do put me straight if any of that doesn't seem right Deep.

Please tell us these will be fixed. Will it be released like this on the standalone Star Wars Pinball when that hits Xbox? And if not then will you be able to import tables from SW Pinball into FX 2...because if so we can download the SW Pinball table (which presumably will be fixed) into our games without you having to release a patch. I know I'm probably clutching at straws there but it occurred to me that this may be possible. As it stands I've played 5 games this week, keen to put in a good tournament score, and I've had 5 game freezes , the last of which occurred when I was just approaching 3 billion, so I feel like I've had enough and I'm ready to turn in my flippers

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    in my first game ever i had a bug after starting Cloud City Multiball ...it startet without any Balls , TILT not possible..
    today the same f''k with the TIE-Fighter Multiball ..,TIE-Fighter arrives ,no Balls , TIE flys away & Table not able to be tilt ...
    it was my first try for the tournament .... shame on those stupid bugs ...i have 4-5 mates who would have bought all Tables , because they liked playing them
    at my home ... but they wont, because of the bugs ....
    Hey Deep,

I just had this same bug. The TIE fighter multiball started, the tie flew on to the screen, but no balls were launched, then the TIE fighter flew away. I'm not sure if this is related to the YODA bug but I did have both kickbacks lit and the saber saver lit as well and none of the LANDO rollovers were lit.

Yes I had already been through all the characters two or three times I think so sounds like they were indeed out of sync as you suggest.

For anyone else reading, while playing recently I've noticed that there are only really 2 big game breaking bugs to try and avoid. All the freezes that occur when activating FORCE Hurry Ups, Multiballs and YODA awards seem to be caused by the LANDO letter bug. That is to say that if you have all your kickbacks active and you start any mode when no LANDO letters are lit, the game will freeze. If it happens when starting a FORCE Hurry Up, just be patient and after 10-15 seconds a new ball will be auto-plunged into play. For the other modes, on some occassions you can tilt the table to drain your ball and carry on playing but more often than not you just have to restart the game. This bug is very difficult to avoid because, as just happened to me, various modes often start up as a result of accidental shots/ bounces, especially during multiball so it's just pot luck really.

The second one is the Empire Award bug which, as discussed above, can strike at any time once you've been through the characters, have been awarded Multipliers Held and have all 3 kickbacks active, so the only way to avoid it seems to be to not use the Saber Saver.

Do put me straight if any of that doesn't seem right Deep.

Please tell us these will be fixed. Will it be released like this on the standalone Star Wars Pinball when that hits Xbox? And if not then will you be able to import tables from SW Pinball into FX 2...because if so we can download the SW Pinball table (which presumably will be fixed) into our games without you having to release a patch. I know I'm probably clutching at straws there but it occurred to me that this may be possible. As it stands I've played 5 games this week, keen to put in a good tournament score, and I've had 5 game freezes , the last of which occurred when I was just approaching 3 billion, so I feel like I've had enough and I'm ready to turn in my flippers
    These are correct you wrote. I have fixed them already and I hope we can release the fixed versions sooner than later. Thanks guys for the patience and support!

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Hey Deep,

I just had this same bug. The TIE fighter multiball started, the tie flew on to the screen, but no balls were launched, then the TIE fighter flew away. I'm not sure if this is related to the YODA bug but I did have both kickbacks lit and the saber saver lit as well and none of the LANDO rollovers were lit.
    Yes, unfortunately it was realted to the LANDO problem. Light 1 rollover and you are safe from this kind of bugs.

I have fixed them already and I hope we can release the fixed versions sooner than later. Thanks guys for the patience and support!
    well patience is something i have had but it is running thin. i really think the scores should be wiped clean with fixed versions. At least when it comes to major game breakers. you wiped the rocky and bullwinkle scores once before and I'm totally fine with it happening again. even my paranormal score of 2 trillion

What would be the logic of wiping the scores on the Episode V table? They are game ending bugs, not scoring bugs. Eliminating them would increase scores not decrease them. I see no reason to to cause an uproar by resetting the leaderboard. In fact, it takes a lot of careful management to avoid the game ending bugs making those scores even more impressive.

Default 4567

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    What would be the logic of wiping the scores on the Episode V table? They are game ending bugs, not scoring bugs. Eliminating them would increase scores not decrease them. I see no reason to to cause an uproar by resetting the leaderboard. In fact, it takes a lot of careful management to avoid the game ending bugs making those scores even more impressive.

Maybe you're right. Extreme and FF4 are the two tables I'm thinking of the most.

I assure you though even if they weren't reset for ESB V and bugs were fixed then those scores would be a thing of the past. I'm a pretty decent player but there are way better players than me out there and they can put up insane scores.

If there were no bugs, I'm thinking somewhere in the area of 50 billion at least. Probably way more. Table is similar to Ms. SplosionMan scoring wise. Top lead on Xbox is 70 billion and ESB V is actually easier

Oh sh....t !!

I was ball 1.2 with 4,5 billions on FX2... and simply take the right ramp to activate Bespin multiball... the mode starts... Hello mister Stormtrooper, what's up ?.. And why do you continuelly shoot the table like that, there's no ball on it cause Lando is off !

And next month, let's play the Boba Fett's tournament with other new new new bugs. It will be just different and less complex to explain : here you'll just see the ball fall

Angry trouble shouting.

Several bug on Esb, I'm trying to make the best for tournament but table bug playing the second ball and I'm looking for my ball....no ball, can't tilt, I quit the game and back it, always the same thing no ball. I must restart the game. Wims give good informations. For the moment I try again and again, but always bug trouble. Thanks to Wims for his job.

Quote Originally Posted by gold wheelchair View Post
    Several bug on Esb, I'm trying to make the best for tournament but table bug playing the second ball and I'm looking for my ball....no ball, can't tilt, I quit the game and back it, always the same thing no ball. I must restart the game. Wims give good informations. For the moment I try again and again, but always bug trouble. Thanks to Wims for his job.
    Thanks to you fracas to support this request.

Zen you've really disappointed many fans with all these bugs in tournament, players like Lolo Nalu, kefran, goldwheelchair, elmafioso, ultime fafa, jltcc, tptime, me and more others...

You really must work on a patch, on FX2 that would be good too, and never realise tables for sale before a best beta-test time.

Deep you work on this table : it's obvious best players will begin to activate 3 kickbacks, then take the empire ramp to get random award like... bonus EOB (random award like this, it's an aberration in the scoring). And the bug is on there.

I'm just really surprised cause Zen always said the team love to play pinball, but in reality you don't play on yours. I know your time is precious but if I understand, you just test them with a machine, entering data, and today I can tell you that can't work anymore.

Barbie will make an eternal job, reporting bugs for the team, if you continue in this logic.

I really hope next tables will be realised without any bugs.

I think business is more important for Zen now
    A patch in 10 years maybe

Quote Originally Posted by tptime33 View Post
    I think business is more important for Zen now
    A patch in 10 years maybe
    We will see one within the next month or so.

For the PS3/Vita, we will probably see a patch when the next table releases. The PSN versions of the game requires an update/patch to add in DLC. They can just kill two birds with one stone by adding the patch to the update. After all, there is no size limit when it comes to updates on the PSN.

The iOS, Mac and Android versions shouldn't have any problem getting the patch either.

The Windows 8 version and 360 versions are going to be a little more tricky. There is a 4MB size limit on patches (on the 360 at least) and the cost is ridiculous from what I've hear.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    We will see one within the next month or so.

For the PS3/Vita, we will probably see a patch when the next table releases. The PSN versions of the game requires an update/patch to add in DLC. They can just kill two birds with one stone by adding the patch to the update. After all, there is no size limit when it comes to updates on the PSN.

The iOS, Mac and Android versions shouldn't have any problem getting the patch either.

The Windows 8 version and 360 versions are going to be a little more tricky. There is a 4MB size limit on patches (on the 360 at least) and the cost is ridiculous from what I've hear.
    I asked today, and we are going to release a patch soon for Xbox 360. The other platforms are easier to patch, so the bugs will be fixed everywhere.

Angry bugs.

yes of course, ther's a problem with all bugs. It's sems not good for all players. And a lot of players encountering this bug Predator bugs at 4,2 Milliards in tournament. My game bugs 3 time 1:1,4 M_ 2:1,6 M and the first 1,7M thanks for tournament. Why Zen2 don't change rules for example : 10 minutes or 5 minutes. Why not ? no bug, not time to create bug in the tournament.????

I asked today, and we are going to release a patch soon for Xbox 360. The other platforms are easier to patch, so the bugs will be fixed everywhere.
    Thank you for FX2 gamers ! (me I don't know if I will buy tables on XBox anymore).

In this case, will this patch fix other tables ? Like Boba Fett (ball lost) for SW Pinball. But we're still waiting for Fear Itself (restart), Avengers (restart), Paranormal (restart)...

This is great news! Thank you for letting us know. And as wims says, would be very keen to know if this will include fixes on any other tables. Avengers particularly for me.

Unbelievable. Bug after bug after bug! Why?! I've been such a huge supporter of zen and now I think this might be my last purchase. It disgusts me that potentially the best table in the game has game breaking bugs. Pathetic and inexcusable....
    well patience is something i have had but it is running thin. i really think the scores should be wiped clean with fixed versions. At least when it comes to major game breakers. you wiped the rocky and bullwinkle scores once before and I'm totally fine with it happening again. even my paranormal score of 2 trillion
    Ok, since you're so quick to dole out the complaints and criticism here's some for you. The idea of wiping out everyone's scores because your games ended badly is terrible. So something bad happened to you and you lost your score, so now you want everyone else to lose their scores too? That's just plain selfish and inconsiderate.
    Last edited by ER777; 03-23-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Reworded

Quote Originally Posted by ER777 View Post
    Ok, since you're so quick to dole out the complaints and criticism here's some for you. The idea of wiping out everyone's scores because your games ended badly is terrible. So something bad happened to you and you lost your score, so now you want everyone else to lose their scores too? That's just plain selfish and inconsiderate.
    Jeez dude... bit of an overreaction to say the least. The point he is making is about "game breaking" bugs and I presume major scoring imbalances. Fantastic 4 is a good example of a table that needs a scoring wipe as the major scores on that table are as result of a scoring bug.

If I didn't know better I would say that you have some sort of personal vendetta against Lolo Nalu
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

I have no idea who he/she is other than what I've seen posted in this thread, which doesn't make a very good impression.

You can tell by Lolo's subsequent post the he/she did in fact mean that Ep V should be reset too, along with those other tables you mentioned. So after reading a bunch of posts where this person talks about how they're disgusted by the bugs along with calling the developers' efforts pathetic, then to hear the same person suggest something that inconsiderate to the rest of the players that haven't been affected.. yeah that bothers me.

I must say, I totally understand Lolo's frustration after having a few big games freeze on me. Really no need to reset the scores for the tables that don't have scoring bugs though.

Just to clarify, we will not likely ever reset a scoreboard again. Not worth the backlash from everyone who was satisfied with their posted score.

Unbelievable. Bug after bug after bug! Why?! I've been such a huge supporter of zen and now I think this might be my last purchase. It disgusts me that potentially the best table in the game has game breaking bugs. Pathetic and inexcusable. I just wish there was pride in the work especially with the time put into it. I finally figure a way around the glitch that freeZes the game but then the stupid trap door opens and I'm stuck with it my face for the rest of the game! No matter what I did it couldn't be fixed. I got so disgusted I just tilted every ball I had and recorded the score but I'm definitely calling it a quits. Take some time to fix your tables zen! Whether its expensive or not because this table should have been your masterpiece. Was looking that way at first
    Chill out people bugs happen. People are only human and mistakes happen, so what? Issues will be rectified in time and it's not Zen's fault that M$ is as greedy as they are. I have heard on the TPA forums that it costs as much as $25,000 bucks for a patch. So yell at them not Zen. I truly appreciate their work and am looking forward to the next batch of SW tables!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    Chill out people bugs happen. People are only human and mistakes happen, so what? Issues will be rectified in time and it's not Zen's fault that M$ is as greedy as they are. I have heard on the TPA forums that it costs as much as $25,000 bucks for a patch. So yell at them not Zen. I truly appreciate their work and am looking forward to the next batch of SW tables!
    A fair point yes, sure mistakes will happen and yes, if they are rectified then we have little to complain about. I also think it's fair to say that there really is a difference between obscure little bugs that would be unlikely to rear their heads until a game is released to thousands of players putting in thousands of hours and some of the blatantly obvious things that are present in a some of the tables here and found within the first few minutes of play. Things like the Black Widow bug on Avengers and more than one on ESB for instance.

I think these things do, quite rightly, raise some big questions about the state in which something can be released and what kind of testing is going on. It may be uncalled for for us to just throw a tantrum and be nasty about it but we must also recognise that it's up to us to keep these companies on their toes and honest.

Thankfully, Zen seem like one of the few who are actually willing to engage in dialogue with their audience and share some info now and then.

I just purchased the Star Wars pack last night. I don't see any update about patches here so I'm assuming that the pack I downloaded has all of the mentioned bugs still within it correct?

I'm new to Zen Pinball. So I should check here for word about patches or is there some update sent to my email or how does it work? I'm assuming I'll just have to keep checking here all the time.

And then what do I do, just connect to the interent and start Zen to download the patch (I'm on PS3) or do I have to do something more like installing the game again or something. Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, I'm a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazareth View Post
    I just purchased the Star Wars pack last night. I don't see any update about patches here so I'm assuming that the pack I downloaded has all of the mentioned bugs still within it correct?
    That's correct, the patch that fixes the bugs will most likely come the next time new DLC content is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazareth View Post

I'm new to Zen Pinball. So I should check here for word about patches or is there some update sent to my email or how does it work? I'm assuming I'll just have to keep checking here all the time.

And then what do I do, just connect to the interent and start Zen to download the patch (I'm on PS3) or do I have to do something more like installing the game again or something. Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, I'm a newbie.
    Just launch the game with your PS3 online, and the upgrade installs automatically if available.

Thanks for helping me out there, sounds nice and easy. These Star Wars tables are simply incredible, please do patch 'em up because they deserve it. And keep up the great work on all the tables. They are so much fun to play.

Is this fixed on any of the versions ?

Just got the Yoda bug again on android. This bug really hurts when you have a long game going. You are all excited because you are doing well and then BAM your excitement is crushed by a game ending bug. Please fix.

Had a weird one where the Jedi training activated during a multiball, and then the training played, but I was still on the pinball screen. Needless to say the training probe won that one. Then, all other training sessions were level 4. Shouldn't complain, as all other sessions past that point are a complete crapshoot for me anyways.

Edit: I guess you can pick the bonuses multiple times with Yoda. Never did pay attention or go for it much in the past.
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 07-05-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Learn something new every day
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Haven't been back to this table in a long while. Is the Xbox version fixed now that we've had the Balance Of The Force update? I would like to start playing again.
    Last edited by Spirit X; 10-22-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Haven't been back to this table in a long while. Is the Xbox version fixed now that we've had the Balance Of The Force update? I would like to start playing again.
    Ello?

Ello?
    Not fixed on xbox

Ah ok, thanks. So what's the story with this? They said it would be patched 'soon' back in March, it's now November and my understanding is that it's now free to patch XBLA games. I can think of no reason why this should still be broken.

Zen?

Ah ok, thanks. So what's the story with this? They said it would be patched 'soon' back in March, it's now November and my understanding is that it's now free to patch XBLA games. I can think of no reason why this should still be broken.

Zen?
    Not sure why but there weren't any additional things included in the last update that included the BoF tables. I will remind them again that this is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Not sure why but there weren't any additional things included in the last update that included the BoF tables. I will remind them again that this is broken.
    Thanks, that's appreciated. And Any news on the patch date would be great.

I’ve been playing this table lately after not playing it for some time. I’m playing the ZP2 version on PS3 and I’ve hit the Yoda bug twice and the Empire award bug once. I have hit the Yoda bug in the past, not sure of the Empire bug in the past. Judging by the date of the last post you would think this was taken care of long ago, but it keeps happening to me now. I have all the tables, Ant-Man being the most recently released, so if it was fixed, I would assume I downloaded the patch.

So basically my questions are; WTF is going on with this? Was it ever fixed on PS3 ZP2? Will it happen if I play the SWP standalone version? Love the table, but it’s unplayable for skilled players. Don’t activate the Sabre Saver is an unacceptable option. It’s there as a reward, but it appears to be the ultimate punishment. Shabby quality guys. Hang your heads in shame.

Ok maybe I’m being a little dramatic. I am disappointed, but I really need to know if I can still play it on the SWP standalone bug free. And what about PS4? I haven’t bought one yet, but some upcoming games have me thinking about it. Otherwise this table can just be thrown away IMO.

I can't address your question specifically but I would say to set low expectations for the Star Wars Pinball standalone game. They are my favorite tables but full of glitches.

I have had at least 3 major glitches preventing me from earning a trophy.

1). Masters of the Force - I completed fall 3 dark side fights, but no trophy. In fact, I have completed all 6 fights in one game and earned "Prophecy Fulfilled" but still have not unlocked "Power, Unlimited Power" which is just the dark side portion. Should be impossible but it happened.

2) Starfighter Assault - Fleet Commander, leveled up to Rank 6 and completed side missions for all 6 ranks but no trophy. I think it was because I was given Dogfight instead of Downed Fighter on Rank 2 through no choice of my own.

3) Droids- I ran into the same glitch that Beliksner ran into where in Mission 5, after completing the bomb, the ball disappears and no way to get it back. Only way to proceed is to quit game. I had already completed the other missions including the very difficult multi-ball one.

I do get occasionally freezes but the worse seems to be on V12, which is awful when going for the grinding maximum tuning trophy.

I was trying to force the glitches on the SWP standalone of ESB. I couldn’t force the Yoda prize one, so that may not affect that version. However I did hit the Empire award glitch. 2 ˝ years later and still no fix. This is unacceptable and piss poor customer service. But hey, continue to sell a broken product, how can that be bad for business?

As for your Masters of the Force problem, are you sure you completed only dark side missions? If you complete one light side mission you can’t earn the trophy. I’m sure you already knew that.

thanks, did not realize that about masters of the force, somehow I missed that. Oops!

I will make sure I don't earn any Light side awards on the way.