Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fierr0
    • Apr 2020

Question about Classic Mode

Hi everyone, I have a question about Classic Mode. When I choose this option, I have to choose a difficult mode between Arcade and Tournament mode, what are the difference between these options?
  • Cloda
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Fierr0
    Hi everyone, I have a question about Classic Mode. When I choose this option, I have to choose a difficult mode between Arcade and Tournament mode, what are the difference between these options?
    This is currently for the Williams tables but hopefully soon for all the tables (Zen indicated that all tables will get Classic physics).

Classic Tournament differ from Classic Arcade in that the playfield angle is steeper, you don't have extra balls (get points if you score an extra ball), and random awards are awarded in the same order for all players or replaced with a point value.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• dixius99
      Pinball Fan
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Cloda
      This is currently for the Williams tables but hopefully soon for all the tables (Zen indicated that all tables will get Classic physics).

Classic Tournament differ from Classic Arcade in that the playfield angle is steeper, you don't have extra balls (get points if you score an extra ball), and random awards are awarded in the same order for all players or replaced with a point value.
      Dumb question, but for the extra balls, is that how it works in tournaments on real machines? (points vs. extra balls). I guess it would depend on the software for each table.

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by dixius99
        Dumb question, but for the extra balls, is that how it works in tournaments on real machines? (points vs. extra balls). I guess it would depend on the software for each table.
        I believe so. Take a look on the PAPA site. They have a section that talks about how to set a table up for tournament play.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Fierr0
          • Apr 2020

Thanks for your answer, Now I understand 😃

Comment

• Fierr0
            • Apr 2020

By the way, I have another question, in the arcade saloon with real Pinballs tables, they use Classic Arcade or Classic Tournament mode. I guess they use Arcade mode and only in Tournaments they change the tables.

Comment

• Cloda
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Fierr0
              By the way, I have another question, in the arcade saloon with real Pinballs tables, they use Classic Arcade or Classic Tournament mode. I guess they use Arcade mode and only in Tournaments they change the tables.
              I would guess so, it makes sense. A lot of people that set up tables for their home use, put it on an easier setting i.e. even less steep playfield than arcade, so keep that in mind if you watch somebody play on Twitch for instance.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Fierr0
                • Apr 2020

I would guess so, it makes sense. A lot of people that set up tables for their home use, put it on an easier setting i.e. even less steep playfield than arcade, so keep that in mind if you watch somebody play on Twitch for instance.
                Thanks Cloda. I have a problem with my game, i have reported it yet in the bugs topic, but I want to know if you can help me. I play with PlayStation 4 and the X button function gets crazy and acts like if I press it many times. It occurs only in the tables, in menues doesn't happen. At first this happens a Little but now this problem gets worst.

I tought this problem was about a malfunction of my control, but I play other games and everything is OK. In the pinball fx3 options, I changed the X button function for other button and the problem Don't Stop.

I repeat, it Only happens in the tables, during the game. Not in the menues.

I have another user ID in my PS4 and I started to play there to see what happend. The problem do Not occurs until playing about 20 mins.

This problem started after purchasing the CORE COLLECTION tables.

I want to unistall everything and install it again to see if this way I solve the problem, but I want to know if there are a solution before I do It.

Comment

Working...