Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Boba Fett ball save?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default Boba Fett ball save?

    Could anybody please tell me how to activate ball save on Boba Fett table?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katschunka View Post
    Could anybody please tell me how to activate ball save on Boba Fett table?
    hit the roll overs to spell whip?

    i generally have no problem keeping ball save active the vast majority of the time playing that table.

  3. #3
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    hit the roll overs to spell whip?
    Yep! It only last for about 25 seconds and it's not available during the missions.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks guys but i didn't mean the whip save. There is another ball save that is indicated by the "shoot again" light between the flippers. How do i activate that one?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katschunka View Post
    Thanks guys but i didn't mean the whip save. There is another ball save that is indicated by the "shoot again" light between the flippers. How do i activate that one?
    It works with the WHIP save : if the ball are falling in W or P lane, ending to spell WHIP in the same time, you got a mini-ball save and the whip save is still activated.

    http://www.lupsclub.com/t669-star-wa...ball-boba-fett
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katschunka View Post
    Thanks guys but i didn't mean the whip save. There is another ball save that is indicated by the "shoot again" light between the flippers. How do i activate that one?
    The only other time I've seen it lit is when you first launch a ball or when you get an extra ball.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hello everyone,

    I've just discovered how awesome game this is but the whip save on this table makes me mad.

    I light up whip letters in vain, many time it does not save the ball and I can't figure out the reason. I've heard that it won't save it when BF is busy with something - I've understood this "during missions" - but this is definitely not the case.

    When I start a new game, light whip, let the ball go and it saves it. After a while, I light whip again and now it doesn't save it. I'm aware of the 3-second "arming" time, it has already passed by the next save and it still doesn't work. The shield icons are lit as well. I am sure that I'm not on a mission or mini-game etc.

    I'd be grateful if someone could explain when it is effective and when not.
    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default

    It only works on outlanes, and for about 25 seconds, as others have mentioned.
    It doesn't work when the ball goes down the middle.

    It won't work on missions where Fett is doing "something", such as the Vader 60 million bounty (because he's fighting the Stormtrooper).
    It does work on the 10-50 million point bounties, and a few of the higher ones (can't remember which).
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalEther View Post
    It only works on outlanes, and for about 25 seconds, as others have mentioned.
    It doesn't work when the ball goes down the middle.

    It won't work on missions where Fett is doing "something", such as the Vader 60 million bounty (because he's fighting the Stormtrooper).
    It does work on the 10-50 million point bounties, and a few of the higher ones (can't remember which).
    Thank you, that gets me closer to take control of the whip save!

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks to everyone for contributing info on this. I found the WHIP save to be very confusing and did not understand why it seemed to only work half the time. I'm not a fan of the ball save mechanic on this game... yes, it's better than nothing I suppose.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywutang View Post
    Thanks to everyone for contributing info on this. I found the WHIP save to be very confusing and did not understand why it seemed to only work half the time. I'm not a fan of the ball save mechanic on this game... yes, it's better than nothing I suppose.
    Yea, that's a bit strange and should be improved I think.





    True XBOX gamer and proud XBOX 360 owner since 2005.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Well, it's a lot better than Return of the Jedi's

    I don't mind the WHIP save mechanics, as it is a little different than most other tables, and it presents a challenge that mostly is not annoying. The only aspect of it I don't like is how it can't be used on some of the higher bounty missions, though from a cinematic standpoint I get why.

    Ultimately - unless I have a bunch of extra balls won - I find that I just stick with the safer 40 million point bounties instead of the riskier 60 million point one.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •