Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: psssttt....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    292

    Default psssttt....

    Don't tell Mel about this place (Pinball Museum Rotterdam) as he will probably censor the whole place:












    Over 90 machines to play on... Had to wear gloves due to the covid-19 virus and the tables next to you had to stay clear. But boy, did I have fun yesterday
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

  2. #2
    Marketing Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Wow, that is one modded the f out Elvira out there!

    To be perfectly fair, and I'm sure we mentioned this before - we took all the steps we were allowed to - making the tables unaltered on Steam and making the mobile app rating as high as we could go to ensure these recreations are true to the originals. At points we were not allowed to do that, we had to make these very small alterations to keep the E+10 rating of Pinball FX3 (Xbox, Switch, PS4).

    Is the Dolly Parton machine any good? I've seen that pop up here and there but never played it.

    Thanks!
    Akos

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Wow, that is one modded the f out Elvira out there!

    To be perfectly fair, and I'm sure we mentioned this before - we took all the steps we were allowed to - making the tables unaltered on Steam and making the mobile app rating as high as we could go to ensure these recreations are true to the originals. At points we were not allowed to do that, we had to make these very small alterations to keep the E+10 rating of Pinball FX3 (Xbox, Switch, PS4).

    Is the Dolly Parton machine any good? I've seen that pop up here and there but never played it.

    Thanks!
    Akos
    Indeed... It looks like Elvira got quite a bad boob-job... And as for Dolly Parton: It's a bit hard to tell for me: I'm not a huge fan of these older tables (although they have quite a few of these in Rotterdam). Besides that... I guess it's really a matter of personal taste? Maybe a good reason to visit Rotterdam someday.

    As for the ratings / censorship... If I rememberf correctly the last status was that you guys were looking into alternatives. Maybe like a 2nd entry in the stores with another rating. But then it just became very quiet... Which is too bad, as I'm juist not buying any tables anymore. But after reading an interview with Mel it became quite obvious that it was even more his personal view to make sure Zen would go as far with it's current censorship.
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    Indeed... It looks like Elvira got quite a bad boob-job... And as for Dolly Parton: It's a bit hard to tell for me: I'm not a huge fan of these older tables (although they have quite a few of these in Rotterdam). Besides that... I guess it's really a matter of personal taste? Maybe a good reason to visit Rotterdam someday.

    As for the ratings / censorship... If I rememberf correctly the last status was that you guys were looking into alternatives. Maybe like a 2nd entry in the stores with another rating. But then it just became very quiet... Which is too bad, as I'm juist not buying any tables anymore. But after reading an interview with Mel it became quite obvious that it was even more his personal view to make sure Zen would go as far with it's current censorship.
    Yeah it was Mel alright - he happily brushes off all complaints of censorship of being a 'minority' and apparently everyone has nothing but praise for his wokeness. I do wonder how sales have been these last couple of years? I hope this ain't a get woke, get broke scenario but I daily fear for the future of PFX3 as Disney IP tables have been MIA for years and unlikely new licenses will be agreed and there isn't any in house own themed tables any more either leaving just Williams etc retro tables as neutered by censorship as they are. I think a focus on dropping all for censored retro tables killed the brand shifting away from its own USP years of success was built on and stuff like new VR tables? Forget about it... Junked too it appears.

  5. #5
    XBL & PSN: MagnaSave MagnaSave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9

    Default

    As long as it's been since Zen released any pinball tables of any kind, I'm wondering if they're in the virtual pinball games business at all anymore. I remember when FX3 first released there were tournaments with backgrounds and profile frames given out to everyone and prizes for the top players. For the longest time Zen has completely stopped supporting this game. No new backgrounds, frames, or player levels to unlock. No new modes. No new tables. No tables period in 2020. I thought when Zen picked up the Williams license it would help the game grow, but turns out it was the worst thing for the game. No new original tables and sparse William pack releases. Sad to see this game completely stagnate.

  6. #6

    Default

    But now next table pack is coming... slowly they continue.

    But it was not much activity that is right. Maybe because of corona or something else. But they should have tell some information!

  7. #7
    Administrator Linne_Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Unfortunately, you are right, I agree that we didn't come up with lots of new things on the pinball field. WMS 6 was and is a hard pinball pack, because we had a lot of trouble with integrating alphanumeric display into our system. However, don't worry, we will prepare ourselves for 2021, it'll be a good year for pinball again!
    Community Representative
    Zen Studios

  8. #8

    Thumbs up

    Thank you very much for your answer!

    That sounds good for the future!! Next time you better give us pinball maniacs a short info about this and everything is fine. By the way we have so many tables worth playing again, even older tables so this was a good time for me to do so.

    But I also must say after playing Tesla, Mars or Spiderman again ... now we have a big difference with them and the new Williams tables about reality, ball physics....seems a little bit like 2 different games.

  9. #9

    Default Very encouraging!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Linne_Zen View Post
    Unfortunately, you are right, I agree that we didn't come up with lots of new things on the pinball field. WMS 6 was and is a hard pinball pack, because we had a lot of trouble with integrating alphanumeric display into our system. However, don't worry, we will prepare ourselves for 2021, it'll be a good year for pinball again!
    This is extremely encouraging news. I had feared the worst that pinball had been totally abandoned by ZEN. I have all 96 tables and during this long lull in any new releases, I find myself playing the challenges and the upgrade add on tables, (I usually play classic), but I am reaching saturation and am more than ready for some new pins to play. My hope is that ZEN release Williams/Bally tables as well as their originals! I agree with the comments on awards, new badges, frames and etc to come out, as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •