Clear All
  • fR33Styler
    Pinhead
    • Oct 2017

Update-request: fix camera in cabinet mode, VR-support, DOF-support

Hi guy´s,

I really like what you do!

I would also like to encourage you to think about it again:

a) to be able to position the cameras firmly in cabinet mode (no panning on the plunger etc.)

b) to think about the VR support in FX3

c) really think (again) about support the DOF (direct output framework): https://directoutput.github.io/DirectOutput/

This would make it possible: addressable LEDs, sourround sound feedback (exciter, bass pumps), and many more toys (shakers etc.) to trigger!

You would make a whole community (even more) happy :-)

Best regards
    Checkout my Documentation: VPIN – build your own Virtual Pinball in a old cabinet
  • fR33Styler
    Pinhead
    • Oct 2017

*push*
    Checkout my Documentation: VPIN – build your own Virtual Pinball in a old cabinet

Comment

• Turtle Power
      Pinhead
      • May 2020

Originally posted by fR33Styler
      Hi guy´s,

I really like what you do!

I would also like to encourage you to think about it again:

a) to be able to position the cameras firmly in cabinet mode (no panning on the plunger etc.)

b) to think about the VR support in FX3

c) really think (again) about support the DOF (direct output framework): https://directoutput.github.io/DirectOutput/

This would make it possible: addressable LEDs, sourround sound feedback (exciter, bass pumps), and many more toys (shakers etc.) to trigger!

You would make a whole community (even more) happy :-)

Best regards

I am glad I am not the only one who think that the cabinet mode need A and C

Comment

• Turtle Power
        Pinhead
        • May 2020

My gut feeling is telling me that some of our requested options for the cabinet users may happen up on the release of volume 6 tables.

If not, then I am full of crap

Comment

• fR33Styler
          Pinhead
          • Oct 2017

Nevertheless, I forwarded your thoughts to the developers and I will definitely mention it on our weekly meeting.
          Thx Linne_Zen for forwarding this stuff.... the Camera angle (fixed and full table on Playfieldscreen) would be very helpful.

If the "dev´s" like to see something more about SSF -> feel free to forward/take a look here:
          https://www.dietle.de/status-report-project-vpin-self-made-virtual-pinnball/#SSF

or here in action with FX3 (time 5:21):

Last edited by fR33Styler; 09-09-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• tinyhorsesinmytea
            • Sep 2018

VR is as good as digital pinball gets. I so badly want to play the Williams tables this way. I'll buy all of those tables all over again if you make them available on Quest, promise.

Comment

• fR33Styler
              Pinhead
              • Oct 2017

feel free to build it... check the documentation

Comment

• ImperiousStout
                Pinball Fan
                • Sep 2018

Cabinet and portrait mode users have been requesting better view and camera customization since the beginning, don't expect much there after all this time without action. It's a minor feature with a big impact, but since it only really effects a small portion of users overall they'll never prioritize it.

We've also been asking room and table light brightness / dimming controls like Pinball Arcade, such a small and simple feature that has such a massive effect, they said they were looking into it back during the first Williams pack release and absolutely nothing since. Not happening is all we can assume, but that one would impact all users at least.

Personally was waiting for arbitrary resolution / aspect ratio support or just basic proper ultrawide/tall (9:21) that doesn't crop and zoom the sides off the playfields, but that is something I know will never happen. Some camera customization alone to pull back the view a bit could resolve that, though still not holding my breath there.
                Last edited by ImperiousStout; 10-13-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• fR33Styler
                  Pinhead
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by ImperiousStout
                  Cabinet and portrait mode users have been requesting better view and camera customization since the beginning,
                  that´s why i play currently more Visual Pinball X etc.... if this is happening, i´ll switch back to much more Pinball FX3.... - plz guy´s: a very small adjustment with a huge effect.

kérem, kérjük, hajtsa végre ezt

Comment

Working...