X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShoryukenToTheChin
    Writer of Guides
    • Apr 2011

Thanks for the kind words, oh yeh that's a golden tip for that Tie Fighter Video Mission.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• ER777
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by skyway73
      Fantastic guides, thanks so much for all your time and effort.

A small tip which most probably already know on Boba Fett, when playing the video mode mini game where you must destroy the tie-fighters you can just hold down the launch button to continually shoot rather than having to keep tapping it. That way you can just concentrate on steering up and down.
      That is a great tip. I have had much more success since learning that.

I also realized that all the times I was getting hit were from tie-fighters that went to the top half of the screen. Since your ship shoots from the bottom end its tough to get up there in time to kill them before getting shot. So now I just let the high ones go by without trying to shoot them and I hardly ever fail the mission anymore.

Comment

• skyway73
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ER777
        That is a great tip. I have had much more success since learning that.

I also realized that all the times I was getting hit were from tie-fighters that went to the top half of the screen. Since your ship shoots from the bottom end its tough to get up there in time to kill them before getting shot. So now I just let the high ones go by without trying to shoot them and I hardly ever fail the mission anymore.
        I learnt that also, with this info this mission becomes almost too easy. Nice way to pick up 80 million+

Comment

• Spirit X
          • Mar 2013

I think there's a good chance that a lot of the big scores are obtained by spamming the Tie Fighter mission over and over. It's the only mission you can do without putting the ball in any danger of draining, it's pretty quick and it doesn't take long to figure out how to win it every time.

I tend to enjoy going through the full sequence of mission most of the time but I got just over 3 billion a few days ago when testing the theory above. The only thing you have to be careful with is opening up the HUTTS sinkhole, just make sure you have the WHIP save active when shooting at that captured ball.

And if you get consistent with the RIVALS shot from the upper-left flipper then you can rack some serious points very, very quickly.

Comment

• skyway73
            • Jun 2012

I was just re-reading your Boba Fett guide:

*100 Million* Bounty Mission to collect‘T’ Letter (‘BOBA FETT’ - 8
            Respect) –
            Upon starting this Mission you will be requires to send the Ball around the Left Orbit (2) 4 times, each time
            Boba Fett will shoot a Missile at the Ball as it’s about to exit via the Right Orbit (8) entrance thus sending
            the Ball back round the Orbit.
            Once you have done the above 4 times, you will need to hit the Ball up 4 flashing Lanes but remembering
            not to hit the same Lane twice otherwise you will need to hit the Lane again to make the light solid. Once
            you do that the Mission will be completed.

I'm pretty sure you only have to do the first part you mention and you don't need to hit 4 more flashing lanes afterwards? Or am I going mad?...

I find I either breeze through this mission or fail spectacularly, anyone else agree? If your ball is blasted at the wrong moment then there's not much you can do to prevent an instant drain.

It's a fun mission though and the rewards are pretty generous too.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
              Writer of Guides
              • Apr 2011

Im sure you need to do all of that, coz whatever was lit I just kept on hitting it. Yep I too find it such a breeze to complete.
              sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• surf1der
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jan 2012

Skyway is right. You only have to make the left orbit shots. I believe the DMD says "assassins" followed by a counter displaying how many left orbit shots are remaining to complete the mission.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                  Writer of Guides
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by surf1der
                  Skyway is right. You only have to make the left orbit shots. I believe the DMD says "assassins" followed by a counter displaying how many left orbit shots are remaining to complete the mission.
                  Jeez what the heck was I seeing then lol.
                  sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• surf1der
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
                    Jeez what the heck was I seeing then lol.
                    I can't believe that mission gives you the most points. 100M points for 5 left orbit shots. And you get a 30 second timer that resets between each successful shot. It is one of the easiest missions. The only thing you have to watch out for is occasionally a rocket will shoot the ball back through the left orbit very quickly and cause a center drain if you are not prepared. But the left orbit shots are very easy/safe and a successful shot that doesn't scream back at you can safely be trapped again in your right flipper after a safe dead flipper pass.

Comment

• jaykrz
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by surf1der
                      I can't believe that mission gives you the most points. 100M points for 5 left orbit shots. And you get a 30 second timer that resets between each successful shot. It is one of the easiest missions. The only thing you have to watch out for is occasionally a rocket will shoot the ball back through the left orbit very quickly and cause a center drain if you are not prepared. But the left orbit shots are very easy/safe and a successful shot that doesn't scream back at you can safely be trapped again in your right flipper after a safe dead flipper pass.

agreed. it is very easy. I hate the 60m or 80m on the Empire side, definitely the hardest. This is unbalanced and you would expect that it would get increasingly harder as you get to the later missions.

Comment

• maezun
                        • Apr 2013

Gameplay Videos

Loving your guides. Any chance of you putting up some gameplay vids on YouTube? There doesn't seem to be that many on there at the moment, I'd love to watch some top end skills!
                        "Not exactly a wizard.."

PSN: maezun

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                          Writer of Guides
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by maezun
                          Loving your guides. Any chance of you putting up some gameplay vids on YouTube? There doesn't seem to be that many on there at the moment, I'd love to watch some top end skills!
                          It would be interesting to do, but as of now I'm sticking to Guide Writing. Give it some time I'm sure some folks will put up Star Wars Tutorial Vids.
                          sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• shogun00
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by maezun
                            Once the PS4 (and ZP2 for it) releases, that problem will be rectified.

That's the one part of the Share feature that I'm looking forward to. The ability to record 15 minute videos on the system and post them on social networking sites (such as YouTube). No more special and expensive recording equipment needed.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                              Writer of Guides
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by shogun00
                              Once the PS4 (and ZP2 for it) releases, that problem will be rectified.

That's the one part of the Share feature that I'm looking forward to. The ability to record 15 minute videos on the system and post them on social networking sites (such as YouTube). No more special and expensive recording equipment needed.
                              Can't wait to spy on my Friends as well lol... *cough*shogun00*cough*
                              sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                                Writer of Guides
                                • Apr 2011

Star Wars Pinball: Balance of The Force Table Guides are live!

The Balance of The Force Table Guides are now available - Click Here
                                Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-13-2013, 06:34 PM.
                                sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Working...