The Future : What will happend to FX3 for PS4 users when PS5 came out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • overall_fanatic
    Pinhead
    • Dec 2017

The Future : What will happend to FX3 for PS4 users when PS5 came out?

It started for me with Zen Pinball on PS3 long time ago....

Then Marvel tables came and Zen Pinball later merged to Zen Pinball 2. Shortly after that PSVita was fully supported which I used a lot.
    Then Star Wars Pinball came and was also found in Zen P.2.

After PS4 came out Zen P.2 was supported ..... and after this Zen P.2 was discontinued because FX3 came out. Sadly a few tables like Ninja Gaiden or South Park never came for FX3 - also 3D support was canceled. Highscores are to start by Zero. Trophys the same.

Now I see that only Williams tables came the last months as new DLC -what for me ist OK, because they make a lot more fun and it's more real simulation than before. Seems that Pinball Arcade is dead.

But soon PS5 will reach the stores ... what are the plans by Zen Studios for FX3?

Will everything be the same .... Tables will be sold both for 4 & 5? Or is there a plan to bring out "PS5 only" tables in the future and the game will be discontinued on PS4 sooner or later?
  • swprozee1
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by overall_fanatic
    Will everything be the same .... Tables will be sold both for 4 & 5? Or is there a plan to bring out "PS5 only" tables in the future and the game will be discontinued on PS4 sooner or later?
    I hope not as I don't have a PS4, nor am I planning to buy a PS5.

I did notice the same thing as you and that is why I moved to Steam PC FX3 back then.

Maybe we will get some information from Zen Studios soon.

Comment

• overall_fanatic
      Pinhead
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by swprozee1
      I hope not as I don't have a PS4, nor am I planning to buy a PS5.
      Me the same. If Zen only will avaiable on the 5 then I don`t will support this game on this system.

It makes me wonder no one from the staff had any plans so far because the release date is very near!

Comment

• Skode
        Pinball Wizard
        • Jul 2011

Unless there is say a PFX4 with unique features and the likes to it i don't see any reason they'd drop current version support esp as they're literally only interest in porting real machines now (hurts my soul that does - no more creative masterpieces allowable only by ignoring reality). Speaking of only porting old real tables I doubt we would see a mass shifting to a new version if most the tables don't come with us.

Last time we lost everything from own creations to efforts from Koei Tecmo, EA and Capcom as well as animation shows like South Park and Rocky & Bullwinkle. If they don't get a deal made with say Disney they're losing most of their catalogue (and since they started making Marvel and Star Wars aforementioned Disney bought BOTH and might no longer be as hot on the idea and likely case as zero effort to cash in on the newer movies and billion dollar ones at that like Rise of Skywalker, Captain Marvel and Black Panther not to mention the last two Avengers movies).

I've absolutely no idea where Viacom would stand on a new license to forward port the Fox tables but more important is Universal Studios who behind Disney and Williams/Bally sit third with most tables licensed with 9 currently in the game.

Then there is other issues like Telltale games going bust so rights are now I recall with Skybound and Bethesda now is being acquired with Microsoft (which may potentially not prove a positive move with PS5 versions as Sony are triggering a console war with a very distinct mindset of exclusives even in multiplatform games like Spider-Man in Marvels Avengers so Microsoft might fire back in kind). Valve might have concern with licensing Portal too with Zen likely wanting an Epic store version of any PFX4 and even if they didn't like most other licenses there is no end of potential hurdles like licenses for the voices used or the music even if main license holder is cool with it.

Honestly if there is a next gen Zen collection I'll wager it's just Williams & Bally ie basically another Pinball Arcade esc super niche effort which would be a crying shame though of course it might include Zen creations too (though we didn't even get initially promised soccer table ported over to PFX3 with no explanation I recall as to why so even old Zen tables are not guaranteed and we already lost the likes of Bucaneer and Xtreme in newer versions long ago)

Comment

• overall_fanatic
          Pinhead
          • Dec 2017

Hm, interessting facts and thoughts.

Maybe the long period of time since Williams Table Pack 5 until now -in between Zen Studios became absolute silent- has somthing to do with the future plans?

But we are the customers and a have a real bad feeling to buy a new table pack without a clear statement. And I repeat ist - the release date of the new Playstion and Xbox is near....

Comment

Working...