Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Williams Pinball Vol 6. Is Out Now!

  1. #1
    Administrator Linne_Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    63

    Default Williams Pinball Vol 6. Is Out Now!

    Hey Guys! FunHouse, Space Station and Dr. Dude has arrived to Pinball FX3! In this thread you can share your thoughts and experiences in this new masterpieces with alphanumeric displays!
    Community Representative
    Zen Studios

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi, i just downloaded the new tables ... i have fps problems with this 3 new ones , all others previous williams table are ok.
    I use a gtx 970 playing in a two screen pincab
    Trying to update nvidia drivers ... Same

    Maybe the old dmd style for theses tables the problem ?
    Last edited by stefb; 10-21-2020 at 05:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    29

    Default feedback

    First of all brilliant work. GREAT job Zen Studios. Keep on coming.

    As for the performance, initially I have seen temporary drop in performance but nothing drastic. I play it in cabinet mode as well on two screens.

    If you don't mind, Zen studios PLEASE, get rid of stupid camera movements and position the cameras firmly in cabinet mode. Panning on the plunger and automatic exit to score menu is becoming very annoying. In fact it has always been annoying from the beginning. Please allow cabinet users to use your superb pinball tables as in real cabinet with fixed camera.

    Otherwise you didn't disappoint with the new release Volume 6.

    Cheers
    Last edited by Turtle Power; 10-22-2020 at 02:58 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Power View Post
    As for the performance, initially I have seen temporary drop in performance but nothing drastic. ...
    Cheers
    what is your graphic card and résolution ?
    I'm using a gtx 970 and main screen 1080*1920 second backglass 1280*1024.
    I had all video option to maximum for the previous table (and still running ok for those ones) but even lowering many things, (reflection, AA .. ) still unplayable for the 3 new ones.




    And i agree for the camera movement in cabinet mode , even special animation shoudl be disabled by defaut in this mode

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    29

    Default

    [QUOTE=stefb;142618]what is your graphic card and résolution ?
    I'm using a gtx 970 and main screen 1080*1920 second backglass 1280*1024.
    I had all video option to maximum for the previous table (and still running ok for those ones) but even lowering many things, (reflection, AA .. ) still unplayable for the 3 new ones.


    Full specs below. However I have no performance issues with this computer at max settings main playfield 2160 x 3840 @ 100hz and the backglass I think it is 1600 x 900 or something like that.

    TV 43" LG 4k 100hz has the best feature for gaming so called "instant response" option. No input lag whatsoever. All combined makes a superb pinball experience. I did not want to make any compromise on performance and image quality.

    Intel Core i5 10400 2.9GHz Comet Lake 6 Core 12
    Gigabyte B460M Gaming HD LGA1200 mATX
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX1650 Super OC 4GB GDDR6
    GeIL 8GB Kit (2x4GB) DDR4 EVO SPEAR C16 2400MHz
    WD Blue SN550 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    TP-LINK T4E AC1200 Wireless Dual Band PCIe
    Corsair Hydro H100x AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
    Corsair RM650x V2 650W 80PLUS Gold Modular
    Corsair AF120 120mm Quiet Edition Blue LED
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-Bit DVD
    Deepcool Matrexx 55 RGB Mid Tower Case
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6

    Default

    Your cpu is more powerfull than mine (quad 9550) , i'll try another time but if it's stiil unplayable i'll have to ask a refund.
    If new tables can't be played with the configuration working fine for previous ones ,i'll have to look back a visual pinball for more tables to come.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefb View Post
    Your cpu is more powerfull than mine (quad 9550) , i'll try another time but if it's stiil unplayable i'll have to ask a refund.
    If new tables can't be played with the configuration working fine for previous ones ,i'll have to look back a visual pinball for more tables to come.
    I am not sure what the issue might be but there is definitely a slight drop in performance overall. It is common thing when the new tables or update is released. Generally, developers will release a bunch of small patches until fixed. I have seen this before with all other games.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I getting a massive stuttering on almost all pinball tables. I think you are right. Something is not right?

  9. #9

    Default

    Monster Bash ends after the first ball is lost.

    PS4

    Last edited by jrolson; 10-23-2020 at 07:38 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linne_Zen View Post
    Hey Guys! FunHouse, Space Station and Dr. Dude has arrived to Pinball FX3! In this thread you can share your thoughts and experiences in this new masterpieces with alphanumeric displays!
    Can we have an answer for the fps problem (seems with the dmd) on these tables ? i'd really like to play them !

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefb View Post
    Can we have an answer for the fps problem (seems with the dmd) on these tables ? i'd really like to play them !
    It has been brought to my attention that SPACE STATION suffers from a massive performance issue.

    In addition, other classic pinball tables got affected with various issues sound bugs and fps drop. Not really sure why? It may not be only Zen Studios? Sometimes Steam or Microsoft updates can mess things up. I have never seen that many issues in FX3 before. Normally all flowing perfectly.

    I would also like to hear directly from Zen Studios and give us some info if they know what is going on?

    Cheers

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Please give us VR support !!!!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ababapanos View Post
    Please give us VR support !!!!
    Do you think it's the right place or this ?

  14. #14
    Administrator Linne_Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefb View Post
    Can we have an answer for the fps problem (seems with the dmd) on these tables ? i'd really like to play them !
    Hi stefb! We are aware of the problem and investigating the situation. Could I ask if you turn off the DMD repositioning on cabinet, do you experience the same laggy gameplay?
    Community Representative
    Zen Studios

  15. #15
    Administrator Linne_Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrolson View Post
    Monster Bash ends after the first ball is lost.

    PS4

    Could I ask if you still experience this issue? We released a new patch two days ago for PS4, with minor bugfixes
    Community Representative
    Zen Studios

  16. #16
    Administrator Linne_Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Power View Post
    It has been brought to my attention that SPACE STATION suffers from a massive performance issue.

    In addition, other classic pinball tables got affected with various issues sound bugs and fps drop. Not really sure why? It may not be only Zen Studios? Sometimes Steam or Microsoft updates can mess things up. I have never seen that many issues in FX3 before. Normally all flowing perfectly.

    I would also like to hear directly from Zen Studios and give us some info if they know what is going on?

    Cheers
    We have heard about fps drops on the new tables in cabinet mode, which is in connection with the dmd repositioning, as turning it off improved the performance significantly. The other issue we heard is about the bumpers volume on MM and ToM, which is also under investigation, how these tables could have been affected. Could I ask if you experience other issues?
    Community Representative
    Zen Studios

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Is the fps problem fixed?

  18. #18

    Default

    Same question ... i didn't played the tables yet

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    29

    Default Important

    Quote Originally Posted by Linne_Zen View Post
    We have heard about fps drops on the new tables in cabinet mode, which is in connection with the dmd repositioning, as turning it off improved the performance significantly. The other issue we heard is about the bumpers volume on MM and ToM, which is also under investigation, how these tables could have been affected. Could I ask if you experience other issues?
    Could you please provide updates regarding the bug fixing process for PC cabinet users and inform when is scheduled for downloading via steam? It has been awhile since we spoke about this and I can't see any results. The bumpers volume sound bug on MM and ToM makes things unplayable. Also low fps in Space Station is not so much fun.

    Your earliest response is greatly appreciated.

    Best Regards,

  20. #20

    Thumbs down

    One month. No patch. and no news

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefb View Post
    One month. No patch. and no news
    Welcome to the world of ZEN support... That is: Where you support ZEN financially and that's it. Solving bugs has NEVER been a priority.
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

  22. #22

    Default

    There was an update yesterday ... i tried, now there is no more dmd with these tables .. but still unplayable.
    I tried older tables , monster bash , medieval madness ... working fine with no fps drops.

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    29

    Default

    The latest quick fix/ patch update has some improvements. For example, Space Station performs well. I did not see any lag or fps drop. Well done. Also Medieval Madness bumper sound is fixed but there is another issue with it. A massive bug with flippers....when the ball gets in contact with flippers, it bounces as it was kicked.

    As for the Theatre of Magic, the bumper sound bug is still present.

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •