X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turtle Power
    Pinhead
    • May 2020

Medievil Madness bumper sound bug

Medievil Madness bumper sound bug, sudden increase in volume occurs when the ball hits it.

A part from that there is a massive drop in performance with almost all pinball tables.

Thanks & Regards
  • sswilson
    Pinball Fan
    • Jun 2020

Originally posted by Turtle Power
    Medievil Madness bumper sound bug, sudden increase in volume occurs when the ball hits it.

A part from that there is a massive drop in performance with almost all pinball tables.

Thanks & Regards
    I haven't had a chance to dig into it, but I noticed this as well. Listed FPS on a QHD monitor w/ a 1070ti dropped from being maxed out at 240 down to under 100. Only had a quick look while playing a couple of games on the new Williams' tables so I'm not sure if it's just the Williams' ones, and unfortunately am doing work to my cabinet so I can't verify at the moment.

Maybe they changed the Williams' back end for the new tables and it mucked something up?

Comment

• sswilson
      Pinball Fan
      • Jun 2020

Originally posted by sswilson
      I haven't had a chance to dig into it, but I noticed this as well. Listed FPS on a QHD monitor w/ a 1070ti dropped from being maxed out at 240 down to under 100. Only had a quick look while playing a couple of games on the new Williams' tables so I'm not sure if it's just the Williams' ones, and unfortunately am doing work to my cabinet so I can't verify at the moment.

Maybe they changed the Williams' back end for the new tables and it mucked something up?
      I was able to confirm the bumper audio "bug" (it's ridiculously loud), and will comment on the other bug in the dedicated thread.

Comment

• jrolson
        Pinhead
        • Jan 2010

It sounds like the bumper sound plays 2 times for every ball hit or else the sound fx is corrupted.

Sounds terrible either way...

Comment

• sswilson
          Pinball Fan
          • Jun 2020

Originally posted by Linne_Zen
          Hi Guys! We are aware of these problems the sound bug is strange to me as it only affected ToM and MM, deep is looking into this. Could I ask if you turn off the cabinet repositioning on your cabinet, do you experience the same issue? If you could send a dxdiag file to [email protected], it could help us a lot! Thanks in advance!
          I sent a dxdiag off to the address you listed, but mainly for the sound bug as opposed to the DMD one. I'm still getting 150 FPS on the new tables @ QHD res so you'd be better off looking at folks with lower hardware specs for insight into that issue.

Comment

• rmaultra
            Pinhead
            • Jan 2018

Reported same Bug on XBOX

I reported the same audio bug with the bumpers and the volume increasing a while back on Xbox. It seems to be for medieval madness only.

Comment

• Turtle Power
              Pinhead
              • May 2020

Originally posted by rmaultra
              I reported the same audio bug with the bumpers and the volume increasing a while back on Xbox. It seems to be for medieval madness only.
              and Theater of Magic on PC

Comment

• Turtle Power
                Pinhead
                • May 2020

Originally posted by Linne_Zen
                Hi Guys! We are aware of these problems the sound bug is strange to me as it only affected ToM and MM, deep is looking into this. Could I ask if you turn off the cabinet repositioning on your cabinet, do you experience the same issue? If you could send a dxdiag file to [email protected], it could help us a lot! Thanks in advance!
                Turning repositioning OFF did NOT fix anything just so you know. PC Win 10 steam platform (cabinet mode)

Comment

• Wambie
                  Pinhead
                  • Sep 2018

Android

Same bug on the Android Williams app

Comment

• MadScience2006
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by Turtle Power
                    and Theater of Magic on PC
                    This bug has existed for a very long time on the iOS version of the Williams app and affects both of the reported tables as well.

It appears they've at some point switched to the same (unified) code base and have thus transferred the bug to other platforms as well.
                    Last edited by MadScience2006; 11-08-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• sswilson
                      Pinball Fan
                      • Jun 2020

Originally posted by MadScience2006
                      This bug has existed for a very long time on the iOS version of the Williams app and affects both of the reported tables as well.

It appears they've at some point switched to the same (unified) code base and have thus transferred the bug to other platforms as well.
                      That's not very promising news when it comes to seeing this resolved at all let alone in a timely fashion.

Comment

• KieferSkunk
                        Pinhead
                        • Nov 2020

Been noticing this issue on the Switch version as well. In my case, not only are the pop bumpers really loud, but they actually interfere with the Medieval Madness emulation - it misses some hits and it slows down, then speeds up temporarily to compensate. The bumpers sound like they're playing five or so copies of the sound effect for every hit.

Comment

• LeanderL
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • May 2013

Just came online to report this and saw this thread. Sounds like every hit plays the bumper sound file a couple of times...quite annoying.
                          http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• sswilson
                            Pinball Fan
                            • Jun 2020

Bumper sound resolved, new bug

So.....

Had a steam update today and the bumper sound appears to have been resolved, and FPS looks decent, but they've introduced a whole new bug on the physics of the flippers.

Basically, they're acting as if somebody replace the rubber with flubber and are inducing an extra strong bounce. The way they are now it's impossible to "trap" a ball to set up a shot, as soon as the ball hits the rubber band of the flipper it starts bouncing.

This is on a fresh install of the game on different hardware so I'd really appreciate confirmation from somebody else before I start troubleshoothing my own setup.

Another way to describe how it's acting would be if you already had a ball trapped/held on the flipper and then just gave a quick shot to the flipper button.

Anybody else seeing this?

edit: It's been reported over on the steam community forums as well so I guess I'm not the only one.
                            Last edited by sswilson; 12-01-2020, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...