Thread: Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam on May 10th!

Default Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam on May 10th!

On May 10th, Pinball FX2™ will be available on Steam as a free platform download for all users! Pinball FX2 will release with a huge lineup of in-game DLC including tables from*Star Wars Pinball*and*Marvel Pinball*series, as well as Zen Studios originals:

• Star Wars Pinball
    • Marvel Pinball
    • Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue
    • Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
    • Pinball FX2 Core Collection
    • Zen Classics

If you don’t already have Steam, make sure to download the free platform and join the community! Check out the trailer on the Zen Studios blog.

Minimum configuration:
    OS Version - Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
    Processor - Single Core CPU @ 1.6GHz
    Memory - 512 MB
    Graphics - GeForce 6600 / Radeon 9800
    Network - Broadband Internet Connection
    Directx version- Directx 9.0
    Disk space - 1200 MB
    Sound card - DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:
    OS Version - Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
    Processor - Dual Core CPU @ 2.00GHz
    Memory - 1024 MB
    Graphics - GeForce 8800 / Radeon HD 3850
    Network - Broadband Internet Connection
    Directx version- Directx 9.0c
    Disk space - 1500 MB
    Sound card - DirectX compatible sound card
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 05-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.

sounds fantastic!

What will be the price of the tables?

Minimum Disk space - 1200 MB.
    Recommended Disk space - 500 MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Minimum Disk space - 1200 MB.
    Recommended Disk space - 500 MB.

Typo! It was supposed to be 1500, but my copy/paste skills are lacking. I fixed it, thanks!

This is great news for those who have been wanting this My garbage computer probably can't run it like it's suppose to run (my ati radeon hd 4350 is a bit lower in specs than the hd 3850 from what I've seen), but I may try it out anyways

Default Great news

Great news ! Can't wait for it to show up

Quote Originally Posted by bobafeth View Post
    Great news ! Can't wait for it to show up
    At last! Will buy every table if screen can be rotated into portrait mode. Is that possible with XP?

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    At last! Will buy every table if screen can be rotated into portrait mode. Is that possible with XP?
    We're working on implementing features like that post-launch, so yes, eventually!

Awesome! It looks like I'll be finally able to play that PFX2 Core Pack soon. I'm not going after the game right away, but it's definitely going to be a future purchase.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-03-2013 at 06:11 PM.

In some ways it's good news for those that wanted to play the PBFX2 core pack finally without having to buy an XBOX to do so. Now I will have to get a controller with shoulder buttons to be comfortable playing them on my CPU.

If the PBFX2 tables miraculously show up on the PS3 in the future my scores on the leader boards will go along my best scores of other tables I've purchased on the PS3, I would gladly pay for them again. The Table pack will probably be about $10 so i guess I would go ahead and purchase the tables again for the PS3. However buying all the tables on steam again would probably not be an option for me. $50 for the packs listed plus the other tables like Plants Vs Zombies, Fantastic Four, Civil War, Captain America, Sorcerers Lair, MARS, Epic Quest etc could be a bit pricey.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-03-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    The Table pack will probably be about $10 so i guess I would go ahead and purchase the tables again for the PS3. However buying all the tables on steam again would probably not be an option for me. $50 for the packs listed plus the other tables like Plants Vs Zombies, Fantastic Four, Civil War, Captain America, Sorcerers Lair, MARS, Epic Quest etc could be a bit pricey.
    Same here! I will only buy the PFX2 Core Pack on Steam and that's it, but I will gladly double dip if it comes out on the PS3.

About time Zen you slow pokes about time. I will be buying every table you release because like all smart people I don't do consoles. You still need to hire more programmers though.

Default stereoscopic?

Are the tables playable in 3d stereoscopic?

Eagerly awaiting cabinet mode! It's going to be awesome.

I'd be interested whenever you have anything to announce regarding specific features you plan to support (I know probably not right now). It's nice to see Windows XP support there - I know a lot of cabinets run on that (though mine is Windows 7).

I know some features are a long shot, like support for a real DMD. But I'm hoping at least everything related to controls is nice and configurable for any key/controller/joystick. Many cabinets use Pinball Wizard kits for the buttons, plunger and nudging. The buttons are joystick presses, analog nudging is supported on the X-axis and Y-axis, and the analog plunger works on the Z-axis.

There is also a standalone Pinball Wizard controller for desktops that I'm sure some people would be interested in on PC if the game could be configured to use it.

It would also be cool if we could launch the game right into a specific table via command line. That's how the front end running on a pincab can switch between tables in different pinball titles without exiting back to windows and breaking out a keyboard/mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by am1001 View Post
    Are the tables playable in 3d stereoscopic?
    Great question, I'll find out for you

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Eagerly awaiting cabinet mode! It's going to be awesome.
    I can't wait! Take my money Zen! You can have whatever you want!

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Now I will have to get a controller with shoulder buttons to be comfortable playing them on my CPU.
    I think there's a way to hook up your dualshock 3 with your PC. Also, if you have an old ps1 or ps2 controller, all you'd have to buy is a cheap usb to ps controller port. They are dirt cheap.

You can use a program called motioninjoy that will install the drivers necessary to use your ps3 controller. Usually you have to emulate the xbox contoller for most pc games so the button mapping may be a bit funky but it works fine.

I'll definitely buy the fx2 exclusive tables. I'm guessing by the hardware specs that this will not be a steam play game. Bummer. Will global leaderboards be available out of the gate? Still waiting for them on OS X.

Awesome, so excited! Here's hoping for higher resolutions and 3d. I have all the tables on PS3, and will get them all again on PC. Hoping to see more details on this release. Thankfully I already have an xbox wireless dongle that I can use with the xbox controller. Just glad I don't have to go out and buy a new video card to play this, already have a radeon 6850.
    PSN ID - cmotors
    Steam ID - Incriminified

Will there be Nightmare Mansion on release day (that's my favourite table)? If not, can we expect it as DLC in the near future?

Any chance of a steam MAC version of Pinball FX 2 or Zen pinball 2?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We're working on implementing features like that post-launch, so yes, eventually!
    I respect the focus must be on just getting the app out the door on steam, and for that I thank you. However, as a motivator for Zen, please understand for me to buy these, they will need at the very least portrait mode. Once that is done, all of the tables will be purchased gladly .

You guys need support though, so I will surely buy a couple of tables as a sign of respect, thanks and goodwill on my part towards your commitment to portrait and eventual pinball cabinet support

AWESOME !!! That's really good news indeed, thanks a lot Zen people for making it happen !!!

I can't wait, finally some really good tables on PC ^^

Quote Originally Posted by The Loafer View Post
    I respect the focus must be on just getting the app out the door on steam, and for that I thank you. However, as a motivator for Zen, please understand for me to buy these, they will need at the very least portrait mode. Once that is done, all of the tables will be purchased gladly .

You guys need support though, so I will surely buy a couple of tables as a sign of respect, thanks and goodwill on my part towards your commitment to portrait and eventual pinball cabinet support
    This. I'm very excided about this release and will buy a pack or three. Once portrait mode is in I will hog them all.

Looking forward to Friday

Alright, now that the good news is passed and I can finally start to think more clearly, I have two questions.

- Will the game run at 60 FPS ? (or more)

- Will the game use GFWL ?

I have to admit that GFWL would be a no go for a ton of people, including myself, for many reasons. So any infos would be nice. Thanks ! ^^

hoping for GFWL, need more achievements

Question: Will this game be the same as the Windows version and include the Mars table for free?

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post

I'll definitely buy the fx2 exclusive tables. I'm guessing by the hardware specs that this will not be a steam play game. Bummer. Will global leaderboards be available out of the gate? Still waiting for them on OS X.
    Yes! Online leaderboards will be there at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    Will there be Nightmare Mansion on release day (that's my favourite table)? If not, can we expect it as DLC in the near future?
    At launch it will have these packs:

 Star Wars Pinball
     Marvel Pinball
     Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue™
     Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles™
     Pinball FX2 Core Pack
     Zen Classics

Looks like portrait mode will be there at launch!

Quote Originally Posted by DjParagon View Post
    Alright, now that the good news is passed and I can finally start to think more clearly, I have two questions.

- Will the game run at 60 FPS ? (or more)

- Will the game use GFWL ?

I have to admit that GFWL would be a no go for a ton of people, including myself, for many reasons. So any infos would be nice. Thanks ! ^^
    Not sure what the framerate will be but no - you will not use GFWL for this, just Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Question: Will this game be the same as the Windows version and include the Mars table for free?
    Nope, just the packs as listed above.

Fantastic news, thanks again BarbieBobomb ! Can't wait !! ^^

Nope, just the packs as listed above.
    I know some people are going to be bummed about that, but it's good news to me. This means I won't have any duplicates, when I go after the PFX2 Core Pack off of Steam.

Really happy to hear about portrait mode. Full pincab support for real DMDs via the PinDMD2 and a backglass would be AWESOME too.

Quote Originally Posted by K3V View Post
    Really happy to hear about portrait mode. Full pincab support for real DMDs via the PinDMD2 and a backglass would be AWESOME too.
    You never know what might be brewing behind the scenes...

Thank you for ensuring the portrait mode is available on release day. You have made many of us very happy

How long before we see a Team Fortress 2 and Portal table?

Just one day but why Pinball FX2 is not listed on next releases????

Barbie will it be released at midnight in the UK? I am spending my food money so I can play this at launch

Can a dev please confirm if it's definitely coming to Steam UK tomorrow.. as it seems very strange to me that in a matter of hours it's supposedly being released, but yet there's absolutely no mention of it whatsoever on Steam..?
    Almost no coverage elsewhere either (PC gamer one of the very few) it's almost as if Zen wants a stealth release.
    Last edited by Miseryguts; 05-09-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miseryguts View Post
    Can a dev please confirm if it's definitely coming to Steam UK tomorrow.. as it seems very strange to me that in a matter of hours it's supposedly being released, but yet there's absolutely no mention of it whatsoever on Steam..?
    Almost no coverage elsewhere either (PC gamer one of the very few) it's almost as if Zen wants a stealth release.
    Why in the world would we want a stealth release? That makes no sense - we've sent codes to press for review, so there will be coverage as soon as they've had time to play it and write something up. The game is definitely coming out tomorrow - don't worry.

Can you answer my question please Barbie?

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Can you answer my question please Barbie?
    We don't know the exact moment that it will go live, sorry. It will happen whenever Steam publishes the update.

Thanks that's fine. All I needed to know

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to check it out. I'm surprised it's not showing up on the coming soon list on Steam though. I think that's the reason for the mention of a "stealth release" .. Also you can tell BarbieBobomb is a real gamer. Her primary platform is PC based on that raptr link in her sig haha

Quote Originally Posted by KyRoS View Post
    Thanks for the update. Can't wait to check it out. I'm surprised it's not showing up on the coming soon list on Steam though. I think that's the reason for the mention of a "stealth release" .. Also you can tell BarbieBobomb is a real gamer. Her primary platform is PC based on that raptr link in her sig haha
    Hey now! Any gamer who plays games is a "real gamer." I play tons of different platforms - I bet I've played just as much SNES in recent years as I have played PC :P

Here's the link for those of you who've been searching! http://store.steampowered.com/app/226980

Wooooowww !!! Awesome ! Can't wait ! My fingers are ready ^^

19 hours! But the 10th is in 3 hours!

Btw zen folks I meant what I said earlier, I am buying them all and can't wait! . Thank you for releasing on steam and looking forward to eventual cab support.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamingHawk View Post
    With all of the other posts in this thread, I don't think we ever got an answer to this. I was wondering the same thing.

I believe there is already a Mac version, why would they make it twice ? Oh wait, they made a Windows 8 version, alright, nevermind.

I think there is a good chance to see a Mac Steam and Linux version at some point, I have no doubt they will have a huge success on Steam so they can take time and develop for many other support. But I'm just guessing.
    Last edited by DjParagon; 05-10-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Hey now! Any gamer who plays games is a "real gamer." I play tons of different platforms - I bet I've played just as much SNES in recent years as I have played PC :P
    Haha, I was just teasing. I grew up playing Atari 2600, then ColecoVision, Commodore 64, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, SNES, Playstation, etc. .. except now, my "console" is a phone

I don't really get to use the TV, so PC gaming is where it's at for me. I really don't see how people play FPS games with a controller though. I can't hit anything when trying to use the right analog stick to aim. I use my XBOX 360 Wireless for Windows all the time and it works great for some games (such as Pinball FX2 of course!), but the lack of precision would make it tough. Also, I could not even imagine playing a game like League of Legends, Starcraft 2, etc. without a kb/m.

Anyways, looking forward to checking this out game out tonight. I really love Zen Pinball on my Galaxy S3, but I look forward to being able to play it at my desk and be able to kick back and use a controller.
    Last edited by KyRoS; 05-10-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Question: I am unfamiliar with all of Zen's tables. Aside from the 23 announced tables available at launch, what other tables have been released on other platforms that are not exclusives which we can expect sometime in the (near?) future?

Question: I am unfamiliar with all of Zen's tables. Aside from the 23 announced tables available at launch, what other tables have been released on other platforms that are not exclusives which we can expect sometime in the (near?) future?
    Wikipedia has the list.

They've said that most stuff is fair game eventually, except the PBFX1 tables (Classic pack, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle) because they use an older scripting system.

Street Fighter, Earth Defense and Excalibur seem uncertain to me. I know they were older and in the Xbox version are missing the full pause menu with many of the options that were added later to other tables. I haven't ever seen them confirmed one way or the other, but I'd love to see them come to PC (especially Excalibur).

Also, any with licensing restrictions will stay where they are. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is exclusive to PS3. Ms. Splosion Man may be exclusive to Xbox, but I'm hoping it's just exclusive to Microsoft so maybe we could see it on the PC.

Marvel Civil War
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Earth Defense
    Excalibur
    Mars
    Paranormal
    Sorcerer's Lair
    Epic Quest
    Plants vs Zombies

The Ms. Splosion Man table also has a chance, since Microsoft is involved with the Steam version. Hence, why it's called Pinball FX 2 and not Zen Pinball. And why we see the PFX2 Core Pack available on this release.

Edit: The Street Fighter 2 table is a maybe, but it appears that it's tied down to the Xbox and PlayStation platforms.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-10-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamingHawk View Post
    The Steam version of Pinball FX2 is PC only - We already have a Mac version of Zen Pinball 2, you can find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Marvel Civil War
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Earth Defense
    Excalibur
    Mars
    Paranormal
    Sorcerer's Lair
    Epic Quest
    Plants vs Zombies

The Ms. Splosion Man table also has a chance, since Microsoft is involved with the Steam version. Hence, why it's called Pinball FX 2 and not Zen Pinball and why we we see the PFX2 Core Pack available.

Edit: The Street Fighter 2 table is a maybe, but it appears that it's tied down to the Xbox and PlayStation platforms.

Awesome post, thanks for the info.

it is OUT!!!

it is OUT!!!
    And you'll notice a little launch week discount

Unfortunately, I bought all the DLC packs from the main steam Pinball FX page and on release, they were all 10 bucks each (except for the core pack, it was not showing up in the list) so I did not get the special launch deal.

Well, I played a few tables, and it's pretty good I'm surprised it even ran on my pc, and it ran quite well. Sure, the graphics aren't the best on my pc, but the gameplay was for the most part flawless, no hiccups or anything.

Hmm, no portrait mode. I guess it's in the operator's menu. I'll definitely be buying the core pack sometime soon. Oh, forgot to mention, it feels weird playing with a keyboard after all this time

One problem here. I purchased all the packs but the Star wars pack is still locked. On my account profile appears the purchase of that pack but it is not at the list of dlc for this game on the steam client. I tried unlocking inside the game but the option seems it is not working. If I go to the dlc page steam says I already own this pack but when I push "Play this game" the pack remains locked.
    Anyone else with this problem?

It is live ! Awesome ! And thanks for the 10% discount, pretty nice ^^

Quote Originally Posted by twsh View Post
    One problem here. I purchased all the packs but the Star wars pack is still locked. On my account profile appears the purchase of that pack but it is not at the list of dlc for this game on the steam client. I tried unlocking inside the game but the option seems it is not working. If I go to the dlc page steam says I already own this pack but when I push "Play this game" the pack remains locked.
    Anyone else with this problem?
    I'm seeing a few similar reports on the Steam community pages, we're looking into it, sit tight!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Hmm, no portrait mode. I guess it's in the operator's menu. I'll definitely be buying the core pack sometime soon. Oh, forgot to mention, it feels weird playing with a keyboard after all this time
    YES THERE IS!! You have to change the setting in the control panel in Windows first! Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution > Orientation > Portrait

Open the game and it should work

I am happy with the purchase (except for paying more than everybody else LOL), the games are very fun to play and on my pincab and its beefy pc, the graphics look great (thanks you for the 16 AA setting! ). I have found a few bugs, did you want them in this thread or will there be a thread created/dedicated for this? For example, in portrait mode, at least one of the DMD setting prevents the entire DMD to be seen. There are a few more as well.

YES THERE IS!! You have to change the setting in the control panel in Windows first! Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution > Orientation > Portrait

Open the game and it should work
    Surely the portrait mode should be controlled within the software... ie: Pinball FX2.
    In XP the display settings don't offer portrait orientation and never have.
    Oh well.

Surely the portrait mode should be controlled within the software... ie: Pinball FX2.
    Oh well.
    Hopefully that will be addressed when they add full cabinet support later. I guess I consider it a bonus that there is any kind of portrait mode at launch because at first they said it wouldn't have it right away. I'm going to try this out on my pincab as soon as I get home...

Oh well.
    It's possible to rotate within the nVidia display, however for a cab setup this is a nightmare. Will stick with the Win8 version dual booting into the cab for now.

Also I had to enable six windows services to get the cab a internet connection plus the Steam bloatware it is affecting performance of my VP tables, so will uninstall Steam now
    Last edited by allmodcons; 05-10-2013 at 08:55 PM.

It's possible to rotate within the nVidia display, however for a cab setup this is a nightmare. Will stick with the Win8 version dual booting into the cab for now.

Also I had to enable six windows services to get the cab a internet connection plus the Steam bloatware it is affecting performance of my VP tables, so will uninstall Steam now
    I have set it up on my desktop that steam is not run automatically but even then, you found VP was affected just because of the steam client was running? What type of pc do you have?

Default Ten

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Hopefully that will be addressed when they add full cabinet support later. I guess I consider it a bonus that there is any kind of portrait mode at launch because at first they said it wouldn't have it right away. I'm going to try this out on my pincab as soon as I get home...
    I can tell you it works great. The only problems thus far:

- I was playing world war hulk and I had placed the dmd at the lower left since its a fairly large apron area. Well, I activated the arena, and oops, the dmd is covering the flippers since there is no apron on that mode. Ouch! So no dmd placement at the bottom, though I will try the small size dmd

- it's a bit of a pain to place the display in portrait but I appreciate having it, so just a little pain is not a big deal

- I wish we could zoom out a bit, it almost seems like it should be, some of the writing on the apron is not visible though i need to test all cameras

- With the dmd back at the top, the nice upper area is not really visible, not a bug but this connects to the camera view issue where if the camera was pulled back a bit more, this would not be an issue

- most of the views work but there is no perfect view, so hopefully more are coming.

- I mentioned the dmd bug earlier, where if you pick large dmd and upper left, part of it is offscreen.

A few more things, but overall it's pretty great. Don't misunderstand this list as a bad thing, most of these are "cab centric" so I know most should be resolved in the future and none of these stop me from playing it

Well done zen staff!

I have set it up on my desktop that steam is not run automatically but even then, you found VP was affected just because of the steam client was running? What type of pc do you have?
    I think it the combination of Steam plus 6 services plus a wireless internet key. It was only the odd stutter but enough to ruin a game of virtual Pinball. As soon as I killed Steam and close the services it was fine again.

The cabinet is 3-screen setup, core i7 over clocked, decent ram, sdd, etc. It took a lot of tweaking to play all VP tables, with UVP, b2s, directB2s silky smooth.

I really hate the Steam thing. The pita thing keeps popping up buy this, buy that. Even in offline mode it bugs you. I think that the way forward to get Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade in a cabinet is to have a separate drive to boot from with the Steam installed and internet, and a nice clean Steam-free and internet free drive for VP stuff.

I think it the combination of Steam plus 6 services plus a wireless internet key. It was only the odd stutter but enough to ruin a game of virtual Pinball. As soon as I killed Steam and close the services it was fine again.

The cabinet is 3-screen setup, core i7 over clocked, decent ram, sdd, etc. It took a lot of tweaking to play all VP tables, with UVP, b2s, directB2s silky smooth.

I really hate the Steam thing. The pita thing keeps popping up buy this, buy that. Even in offline mode it bugs you. I think that the way forward to get Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade in a cabinet is to have a separate drive to boot from with the Steam installed and internet, and a nice clean Steam-free and internet free drive for VP stuff.
    I have an i7 as well, guess I got lucky as so far anyway, VP is ok. I don't doubt you, I know how VP and associated programs are finicky from system to system. I know steam is not for everyone, but with these commercial pinball programs and licensing involved, it may be difficult to do without steam.

- I was playing world war hulk and I had placed the dmd at the lower left since its a fairly large apron area. Well, I activated the arena, and oops, the dmd is covering the flippers since there is no apron on that mode. Ouch! So no dmd placement at the bottom, though I will try the small size dmd

- it's a bit of a pain to place the display in portrait but I appreciate having it, so just a little pain is not a big deal

- I wish we could zoom out a bit, it almost seems like it should be, some of the writing on the apron is not visible though i need to test all cameras

- With the dmd back at the top, the nice upper area is not really visible, not a bug but this connects to the camera view issue where if the camera was pulled back a bit more, this would not be an issue

- most of the views work but there is no perfect view, so hopefully more are coming.

- I mentioned the dmd bug earlier, where if you pick large dmd and upper left, part of it is offscreen.

A few more things, but overall it's pretty great. Don't misunderstand this list as a bad thing, most of these are "cab centric" so I know most should be resolved in the future and none of these stop me from playing it

Well done zen staff!
    In case I come over negative earlier I just want to say it more to do with Steam and being forced to have a network connection to install, etc. I am pleased and grateful Zen have bought this to PC.

One comment is the tables like the Win8 appstore version are way too bright particularly the ball. In win8 I adjusted setup the brightness way down in the nVidia control panel to compensate, however this can't be done in the in the XP install which is shared by VP cab setup, so a brightness control within FX2 would be warmly welcomed.

I am happy with the purchase (except for paying more than everybody else LOL), the games are very fun to play and on my pincab and its beefy pc, the graphics look great (thanks you for the 16 AA setting! ). I have found a few bugs, did you want them in this thread or will there be a thread created/dedicated for this? For example, in portrait mode, at least one of the DMD setting prevents the entire DMD to be seen. There are a few more as well.
    Start a new one pretty please I will sticky it when I have a moment.

Well done zen staff!
    Thanks for posting all this!

Hey, is there any way to hide the camera and pause symbols on the top left screen ? They are quite huge and disturbing...

Default Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam on May 10th!

The Steam version of Pinball FX2 is PC only - We already have a Mac version of Zen Pinball 2, you can find it here.
    I'm already aware of the version on the Mac App Store. But that's not what I was asking. I was asking if the Steam version would eventually be compatible with Macs.

With the same logic that you're using here, you could have told the PC users clamoring for a Steam version that it was already available in the Windows 8 store. But I'm interested in getting it on Steam because Steam allows for cross-platform gaming. I could buy it once and play it on both my Macs and my PCs. If I buy it from the platform-specific stores, I'll have to buy everything twice.

Also, I'm interested in the seemingly Microsoft exclusive tables in the Pinball FX 2 Core Collection. I've got everything on the PS3 already, and these tables aren't available from the Mac App Store version.

So, let me rephrase the question: Will the Steam version eventually be Mac compatible? Or is this unlikely because Microsoft is the publisher?
    Last edited by jhamdotme; 05-10-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Start a new one pretty please I will sticky it when I have a moment.
    Done!

Hey, is there any way to hide the camera and pause symbols on the top left screen ? They are quite huge and disturbing...
    I was going to add this to the bug thread I just created, its a valid recommendation to:

- remove it completely
    - have it appear on mouse movement
    - have it semi transparent

Te me its a left-over of a touch interface since u can change the view by clicking on that button while playing (but of course on the pc, we would just press "g" )

I hope you took some Xanax today Barbie. Just took a look at the steam forum and you are getting beat up over there. What a bunch of whiny babies. I can understand some of them being a bit miffed because I guess a tag says Free to Play instead of Free to Try or Demo or whatever so they might have been expecting a free table. But them accusing you intentionally deceiving them and locking or deleting threads. I think they forgot to take their antipsychotics for their paranoid delusions. Maybe I just don't understand all the hate for something that cost them nothing.

Us hardcore video pinballers still love you

Was disappointed to see that there was no in-game option for enabling portrait mode. My pincab is running XP and is set up very particularly for Hyperpin and Future Pinball to run correctly, so I'm wary of tinkering with my display settings to mess around with Pinball FX2. Hopefully in-game portrait mode will be supported in the future

Not currently - but I know they look really big and funky for some people, so I let the team know. Shouldn't be a big deal to adjust

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I hope you took some Xanax today Barbie. Just took a look at the steam forum and you are getting beat up over there. What a bunch of whiny babies. I can understand some of them being a bit miffed because I guess a tag says Free to Play instead of Free to Try or Demo or whatever so they might have been expecting a free table. But them accusing you intentionally deceiving them and locking or deleting threads. I think they forgot to take their antipsychotics for their paranoid delusions. Maybe I just don't understand all the hate for something that cost them nothing.

Us hardcore video pinballers still love you
    Oh man, today was... wow. I was not as nice as I should have been but I didn't really like being called some of the names I was called, nor did I like being told that someone wanted to do violent things to me. Super rough day, but most of the bad posts were deleted by mods and lots of the craziness has subsided. *falls asleep at desk*

Not currently - but I know they look really big and funky for some people, so I let the team know. Shouldn't be a big deal to adjust

Oh man, today was... wow. I was not as nice as I should have been but I didn't really like being called some of the names I was called, nor did I like being told that someone wanted to do violent things to me. Super rough day, but most of the bad posts were deleted by mods and lots of the craziness has subsided. *falls asleep at desk*
    That really sucks. A lot wackos and internet tough guys. I didn't see any of the really bad posts. I'm glad the mods took care of them. Well it's 5 PM on a Friday. Cocktail time! Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Just tried portrait mode. Is it just me, or do the graphics REALLY clean up nicely once in portrait? It looks amazing to me now lol this is sweet! Gotta setup a controller, though. I can't take the keyboard.

Just bought 3 packs on Steam and I'm having a blast. Thank you, Zen, for bringing this amazing game to PC. I really hope there will be more tables coming soon as DLC. I would like this tables: NIGHTMARE MANSION, MARS, CAPTAIN AMERICA, FANTASTIC FOUR, PLANTS VS ZOMBIES.

PS. I was reading some posts on Steam Forum, and I just want to support Barbie. Sure, F2P description was kind of confusing, but that's not the reason for people to write such horrible things. Anyway, we love you, Barbie, keep up the good work

The description was a bit misleading indeed...or I was too dumb to get it correctly. I don't mean the F2P but "9.99$ with 23 tables to choose from"...so I thought "wow, 10 bucks and you can choose from 23 tables to PLAY (not buy)." However, it is pretty obvious that no company ports a game to WinXP/7, spends time and money to develop everything just to sell it for a couple of $ or offer it as F2P with 23 tables...that wouldn't make sense.

The price per pack is ok I think. Other pinball games only have four tables in it, too and are more expensive. The only thing I don't like is that being from Europe increases the price from 9.99$ to 9.99€ which is 13$...

Default ten

It's all good. The real fans love it and that is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    The price per pack is ok I think. Other pinball games only have four tables in it, too and are more expensive. The only thing I don't like is that being from Europe increases the price from 9.99$ to 9.99€ which is 13$...
    True but the way I am looking at it is price I paid on iphone was 79p or £1.49 per table and on Steam it works out at £1.74 per table (in the 4 pack tables) Star wars £2.33 per table. For me the quality difference between the two platforms makes these prices a BARGAIN.

Thank you very much for all your work BarbieBoBomb, we really appreciate it. This launch had some terrible feedback on Steam but it will calm down eventually. Have a good one !

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    About time Zen you slow pokes about time. I will be buying every table you release because like all smart people I don't do consoles. You still need to hire more programmers though.
    I can only imagine how strange of a gamer someone would have to be not to get a PS4. You will miss out on what will most likely be the best console ever made. Good luck with that.

I swing both ways and I would not have it any other way

Default Thank you

At least !
    Pinball FX on my PC.
    I stopped buying tables on my XBOX360, because of the aliasing, and controler lag. I still has purchased a LOT.

Now, I can can play on my PC, in full 1920x1200, with FSAA ! And Portrait mode ! (even if I have to rotate in the ATI display drivers). That'huge ! I have to re-buy every tables, but hey, now I can play on my PC, like for ever !

Please more tables (especially Plants vs Zombies, Ms Splosion man) !
    Only grief : the free time is RIDICULOUSLY short. Should at least be thrice the time to get a feeling of the table.

Great work, thank you very much!

Oh, and I really like your nickname, BarbieBoBomb ! I think that Pinball FX needs a SCOTT PILGRIM table (or two!) don't you think ?
    Last edited by megar; 05-11-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    Just bought 3 packs on Steam and I'm having a blast. Thank you, Zen, for bringing this amazing game to PC. I really hope there will be more tables coming soon as DLC. I would like this tables: NIGHTMARE MANSION, MARS, CAPTAIN AMERICA, FANTASTIC FOUR, PLANTS VS ZOMBIES.

PS. I was reading some posts on Steam Forum, and I just want to support Barbie. Sure, F2P description was kind of confusing, but that's not the reason for people to write such horrible things. Anyway, we love you, Barbie, keep up the good work
    Thank you very much for all your work BarbieBoBomb, we really appreciate it. This launch had some terrible feedback on Steam but it will calm down eventually. Have a good one !
    Thanks so much! I appreciate all your support and suggestions

Default Thanks Zen Studios!

I too am saddened by all the negativity on Steam. Zen has done a great job bringing this to Steam and I appreciate it and I appreciate the time and effort you spend to communicate with us. Those who complain about the price are failing to appreciate the depth and stand-alone nature of each table. When you buy a pack, you're getting 3 or 4 different games for $10 and that is a great price for the quality of these tables.

I have 13 tables on Win8, 8 tables on Steam (so far) and 9 tables on iOS with only 2 duplicates. Plus PvZ for my friend's xbox. Needless to say I'm a big fan of your company and your tables and just want to say thanks for providing me as all your fans with great, accessible yet challenging fun across so many platforms.

To Roo and others regarding possibility of more tables on Steam: Excalibur and Earth Defense are on Windows 8, so I would expect them to make it to Steam at some point.