Thread: The Han Solo table is available NOW in Star Wars™ Pinball VR, as a free update!

Default The Han Solo table is available NOW in Star Wars™ Pinball VR, as a free update!

Who will be the first to conquer its leaderboards?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pialIw0qgXU
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

Default Review & Comments of Star Wars VR

Quote Originally Posted by Linne_Zen View Post
    Who will be the first to conquer its leaderboards?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pialIw0qgXU
    I have had new gen platform for about a week now and really enjoy it! I tip my hat to Mel Kirk and the entire ZEN development team. I have had, and still enjoy immensely, Pinball FX 3. I do wish newer tables would still be available through FX 3, as well. The only thing wrong about FX3 was that the serious players had reached saturation and some boredom with no new tables coming out and bugs issues withstanding. Also, as best as I can tell, it is a very large community and I have a lot of friends from around the world that I enjoyed competing with. I believe the two platforms could co-exist.

But be that as it may, the new VR was the hitch in my giddy up that I needed. I would say that the scoring is down but the enjoyment in playability is wonderful. The man cave is awesome and I enjoy being its interior decorator as I level up and can add more to it. It would be nice if the leaderboards could also show if you set a record/passed a friend like FX3 does. You currently have to move about the man cave to look at it as you do the challenges to earn you the power ups like FX3 has minus a mode for rewind. So far, I have not figured out how to add friends to compete with. I click everything imaginable on the leaderboard name to 'friend' someone, but with no success. Any tips would be appreciated.

I should add that I have a PS5 with the PSVR. The playability has been grand other than ZEN's usual bugs which need patching sooner than the usual, "We'll get back with you later" strategy. If ZEN wants to make Pinball FX VR a big money maker; it has to start addressing bugs much earlier when they first appear.

So, here are my observations:

1) When I pause a game, I usually catch it on the flipper first, making it easy to resume later. In VR, the ball drains when resuming.
    2) There are depth perception issues on some of the side modes, think Solo hidden compartment achievement, which makes for a more difficult time to play and execute. And the achievements themselves are the same as in FX 3, but with small action figure like toys, which you can have displayed in your man cave. I wish the achievements were different, with a different achievement that would 'POP', when you got it. I figured that to be a no-brainer in a VR 3D world, but apparently not. Hey, you could still do that and have your action figure or achievement plaque hanging up.
    3) The Magna Save on the new Collectibles table does not work.
    4) Making the skill shot on the Solo table ends the game.
    5) Hitting the 'NEXT' button after completing a challenge, you would assume, would take you to your next challenge. It doesn't.

Well, that's it for now. See you happy little pinheads on the leaderboards.......hopefully.

Thanks for your detailed feedback! Regarding the friend scores, it is platforms specific. For example if you have a PSN friend on PlayStation, the game will recognize it, and if your friend also has a score on a particular table, you will be able to see it.

We have addressed many issues with the latest patches, and we are also looking at those you mentioned. Thanks for your time!
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

Default Adding friends

Thanks for your detailed feedback! Regarding the friend scores, it is platforms specific. For example if you have a PSN friend on PlayStation, the game will recognize it, and if your friend also has a score on a particular table, you will be able to see it.

We have addressed many issues with the latest patches, and we are also looking at those you mentioned. Thanks for your time!
    What does PSN mean? Sorry, I am a bit older and don't understand a lot of the tech lingo. When I was on XBOX, I simply clicked on their user name and added them as a friend. How do I achieve the same with PS5? Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by flapsmojo57 View Post
    What does PSN mean? Sorry, I am a bit older and don't understand a lot of the tech lingo. When I was on XBOX, I simply clicked on their user name and added them as a friend. How do I achieve the same with PS5? Thanks much.
    PSN means Play Station Network.

Here, you should be able to find how to add friends to your account on PS5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKSj40aNnhI
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

Default Han Solo Table Bugs

The skill shoot still stops the game, at least in Classic mode. Also, the hyperdrive malfunction mode is unplayable. Something is lost in translation from FX3 to FX Star Wars VR for that mode. Curious, are you, or anyone from the development team, playing these games? At a minimum, you should be when a bug is sent your way. The problems I had been having in navigating between menus, is MUCH better. For a while, I had to shut the game down because it would not exit or play again when concluded. Looking forward to many more tables being released in the very near future.

Thanks for your report! The Droids table has been added to the game as a free update with many bugfixes. Could I ask if you still experience this issue?
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

Default More Star Wars VR Observations

Thanks for your report! The Droids table has been added to the game as a free update with many bugfixes. Could I ask if you still experience this issue?
    Last I checked, the right kickback for Droids does not work. I will check again. My Zen trophy case behind the pinball table has one accolade that disappears and sometimes will re-appear: the bottom center award which is for scoring 10 billion points for the light side of the Force. For Rogue One, when you pause with the ball on the flipper, and come back and resume, there is no countdown (1-2-3) but the ball just drains. Finally, Mandalorian is a very difficult play in either classic or arcade. When the ball hits the tips of the flippers, it goes down the drain. The ball is very bouncy, goes out very easily.

Default Droids Kickback

No, I played it in arcade mode this morning and the right kickback still does not work. Classic was the same way when I played it a week ago.

Default DROIDS Bug Issues Update

-I just played in arcade mode on 7/15/21 and the right kickback, although it lights up, does not work.

-C3PO narration works for some games and is silent in others.

-As I reported earlier, the mode at the sinkhole for getting five green lights, will send a ball in the air if you are in multiball; it's like it does not know what to do with the extra ball during this mode and it stops the game entirely when the mode ball is lost, (the other ball from the multi-ball is still floating.

Quote Originally Posted by flapsmojo57 View Post
    -I just played in arcade mode on 7/15/21 and the right kickback, although it lights up, does not work.

-C3PO narration works for some games and is silent in others.

-As I reported earlier, the mode at the sinkhole for getting five green lights, will send a ball in the air if you are in multiball; it's like it does not know what to do with the extra ball during this mode and it stops the game entirely when the mode ball is lost, (the other ball from the multi-ball is still floating.
    Thank you very much for your continuous reports. I have also sent these to the devs too. I hope they will be able to take a look at this soon!
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

Default Bugs

As of August 3, right kickback still not working in Droids. Light Side Holocron trophy would appear and disappear and now is totally gone.

Can you tell me about the bottom shelf trophies and how to specifically get them and what they are for. The one that keeps disappearing says it is worth a level up.