Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Droids table is available NOW as a free update!

  1. #1
    Administrator Linne_Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    142

    Default The Droids table is available NOW as a free update!

    A new surprise is on the horizon for Star Wars™ Pinball VR! The Droids table is available NOW as a free update!

    Join your favorite droids and help R2-D2 to build C-3PO up again!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-4yEPtrf8
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    21

    Default Bug in Droids

    Quote Originally Posted by Linne_Zen View Post
    A new surprise is on the horizon for Star Wars™ Pinball VR! The Droids table is available NOW as a free update!

    Join your favorite droids and help R2-D2 to build C-3PO up again!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-4yEPtrf8
    This was a nice surprise that appeared on my dashboard. Of note; the right kickback for both Classic and Arcade does not work for Droids. I am playing this on a PS5 w/ PS VR.

    Are the releases to VR of the ZEN originals and every other table, going to appear on a different dashboard?

  3. #3
    Administrator Linne_Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flapsmojo57 View Post
    This was a nice surprise that appeared on my dashboard. Of note; the right kickback for both Classic and Arcade does not work for Droids. I am playing this on a PS5 w/ PS VR.

    Are the releases to VR of the ZEN originals and every other table, going to appear on a different dashboard?
    We will check the kickbacks. I don't have any VR news at the moment, so, unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question.
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    21

    Default Additional Droids Bug

    Quote Originally Posted by Linne_Zen View Post
    We will check the kickbacks. I don't have any VR news at the moment, so, unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question.
    There is an additional bug w/ Droids. In the R2D2 mode, I successfully got 5 green lights and the ball floated in the air when I was done. ( Think ball lock in Mandalorian when the ball floats in the air). Anyway, when I eventually lost the ball in Droids, the game would not continue, and after pressing a number of buttons on the PS5 controller, I noticed the ball floating in the air. I nudged and nudged and even though I tilted it out, it did not help. I was in classic mode, and may have been in a multi ball prior to hitting the sink hole to start the R2D2 side mode. I played the game a number of times since and can report back to you that only the right lane kickback ONLY is still not working for the PS5. Both Classic and Arcade.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flapsmojo57 View Post
    This was a nice surprise that appeared on my dashboard. Of note; the right kickback for both Classic and Arcade does not work for Droids. I am playing this on a PS5 w/ PS VR.

    Are the releases to VR of the ZEN originals and every other table, going to appear on a different dashboard?
    What should happen with the kickback on the right? As far as I know it doesn't register when the ball comes down the inlane from a ramp. You need to do "tricks" as I demonstrate here...

    I looked at some notes I took many years ago on how to light the kickbacks on Droids and then tried it on Pinball FX3 on my Xbox Series S. The "tricks" still work to light the kickbacks. What is clear is that you can't light the kickbacks just by riding the ramps like on e.g. Fantastic Four. I don't know if it is intended, or if it is a bug, but the kickbacks are not easy to light in normal play. Is it the same in the VR version or is there another issue?


    The right kickback you can light each time the ball goes around the right orbit e.g. from launch, just by holding up the top left flipper. More often than not, the ball will fall down the inlane to light one of the four kickback lights. If you drain with a ballsave, the ball will also be relaunched around the right orbit.

    The left kickback you can light by shooting the varitarget. One out of three shots, the ball will fall down the inlane.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hi Cloda:

    The right kickback light is lit, it's just not working.

    Do you have the Star Wars VR? The Droids table also has an occasional narration bug whereby C3PO does not speak at all and then the R2D2 side mode bug that upon the completion of that mode floats a ball in the air. This is similar to the Mandalorian table where the top lock when lit will float a ball in the air. The Mandalorian ball float is NOT a bug, and I am sure is contributing to the floating ball in Droids. In the Droids VR ball float, once you lose your ball, the game is over as the game now cannot account for the ball that is floating and the game is over. Nudging does not help.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    What should happen with the kickback on the right? As far as I know it doesn't register when the ball comes down the inlane from a ramp. You need to do "tricks" as I demonstrate here...

    I looked at some notes I took many years ago on how to light the kickbacks on Droids and then tried it on Pinball FX3 on my Xbox Series S. The "tricks" still work to light the kickbacks. What is clear is that you can't light the kickbacks just by riding the ramps like on e.g. Fantastic Four. I don't know if it is intended, or if it is a bug, but the kickbacks are not easy to light in normal play. Is it the same in the VR version or is there another issue?


    The right kickback you can light each time the ball goes around the right orbit e.g. from launch, just by holding up the top left flipper. More often than not, the ball will fall down the inlane to light one of the four kickback lights. If you drain with a ballsave, the ball will also be relaunched around the right orbit.

    The left kickback you can light by shooting the varitarget. One out of three shots, the ball will fall down the inlane.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •