Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lettuce
    • Nov 2010

No Full Screen Landscape View?

The video options seem very limited in this PC version, and why no full screen Landscape view, not even a custom camera control option so you can place the camera where you want??

Will this be added and also multiple display support?
  • JTenebrous
    • Sep 2012

I assume you mean portrait view (landscape view is the default, and most monitors are aligned in this fashion, so I doubt you're having any problems with that ). In any case no worries - I thought the same thing until I went and asked Google, who told me how to get it working in portrait/cabinet orientation. Your video card drivers should allow you to rotate the orientation of your primary display - the AMD Catalyst Driver menu in my system tray, for example, has a little "rotate display" option. Once you've done that, Pinball Fx 2 will automatically detect the new orientation and you're good to go! Cheers ~J

Comment

• LeanderL
      Pinball Wizard
      • May 2013

I don't understand how portrait mode works. I use a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and have a Samsung 24'' monitor. I can rotate the screen by 90° so the flippers are on the right side of the screen. But what next? Do you have monitors that don't have static stands and you just turn them? If I had a tablet it would be easy but I can't turn my monitor...and I don't want to break my neck by looking to the left all the time. Please help.
      http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• Binko
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by LeanderL
        I don't understand how portrait mode works. I use a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and have a Samsung 24'' monitor. I can rotate the screen by 90° so the flippers are on the right side of the screen. But what next? Do you have monitors that don't have static stands and you just turn them? If I had a tablet it would be easy but I can't turn my monitor...and I don't want to break my neck by looking to the left all the time. Please help.
        A few years back monitors were not made in such a wide cinematic ratio like they are now. Height and width were much closer to each other in dimension. And yes, it was fairly common for monitors to be able to rotate on their stand so that they could be viewed in either landscape or portrait mode.

At my previous job we had a number of HP 21" monitors that could rotate to portrait mode. Portrait mode is far preferable for programming and spreadsheets or even word processing where you prefer to have the monitor ratio of a printed page.

But this was back before the big focus on gaming and viewing video. Now computer monitors and widescreen TVs are essentially interchangeable.

Comment

• Roo5676
          • Sep 2011

Some people like me are using it in their virtual pinball cabinets where there is a monitor mounted where the playfield usually is. Others may have monitors where the stand or mount allows it to rotate. If you want to, you could lay the monitor down (nearly) flat on the desk. I did this for testing before I got my cab. It worked pretty well with the back propped up by a towel for a little angle.

Comment

• Solitude
            KickBeaten Down
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by lettuce
            The video options seem very limited in this PC version, and why no full screen Landscape view, not even a custom camera control option so you can place the camera where you want??

Will this be added and also multiple display support?
            Hey, nice to see you're still around. I remembered you from this thread: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...r-A-PC-Release!!

We'll have in-game screen orientation changing in the next update. Not sure about custom camera control - all the cameras are per table, so any on camera change is going to require a lot of our time to go through and change each table. Multiple display support for DMD and backglass is on the list but isn't imminent.

Comment

• pinballkid
              • May 2013

For portrait mode, you guys should check if there any any drivers for your monitor.

For my monitor, I can get an official driver for it that when I rotate it 90 degrees, the resolution automatically sets itself in to portrait view. Then I can just launch the game without having to setup anything in the desktop, or in-game.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Senthrax
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by LeanderL
                If your monitor does not have a stand that allows pivoting, you could unscrew, or remove the monitor from its stand, most monitors allow this. even with a pivotable stand its nice to remove the monitor from the stand and place it at a "real" angle on your desk.. I currently put my screen on a laptop stand and it is just stable enough. An IPS screen with a 178 degree viewangle is preferable though but its doable with a smaller viewangle as well. My dell ultrasharp u2211H has a simple button with which you can unmount the display from its stand, no need to unscrew anything etc. But yeah if you have one screen with a fixed stand its a pain in the ass..

Comment

• Longi_land
                  • Apr 2010

Today i recognized that there is no fullscreen view @FullHD (32" LED & 24" TFT also)
                  Any idea?
                  image.jpg
                  image.jpg

Comment

• Solitude
                    KickBeaten Down
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Longi_land
                    Today i recognized that there is no fullscreen view @FullHD (32" LED & 24" TFT also)
                    Any idea?
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]385[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]386[/ATTACH]
                    This looks like an underscan issue - are you connected with HDMI? Google "Nvidia underscan" or "ATI underscan" for detailed help on resolving it with your particular configuration.
                    Last edited by Solitude; 07-13-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Working...