X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slartibartfaust
    • May 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
    If you are still unable to launch Pinball FX2 today please try the following and let me know if it works or not:

1. Go offline with Steam (“Steam\Go Offline…”)
    2. Browse the “Program Files\Steam” folder (where Steam is installed) and find the following file: “226980\remote\profile.dat" – 226980 is our app’s ID.
    3. Delete profile.dat
    4. Launch PFX2
    5. Proceed to the main menu
    6. Exit the game
    7. Go online with the Steam client
    8. Attempt to launch PFX2
    9. Steam will sense conflict between the local profile and the one on Steam Cloud, and pop up a screen on which select “UPLOAD TO THE STEAM CLOUD”
    10. The game should now start.

I have tried all the steps above however steam doesn't sense a conflict, the exe remains running but the game does not boot

Update: After several more tries at the above procedure, and a cache verification in steam I finally got it running, however I lost all my settings and scores...

perhaps in future we could have a better way to get the game running after a patch?

still loving the game
    Last edited by Slartibartfaust; 05-20-2013, 12:48 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

• shogun00
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ZenPinballFan
      I don't know if this is bug or not... On Blade table when launching the ball there is no option to move camera with flipper buttons, so I can see which hole makes skillshot (this option is allowed on Wolverine, Secrets of the Deep, etc.).
      It's not a bug. It never had that option, since the lit hole is clearly visible from the plunger cam view. It's the same for the Spider-Man table.
      Last edited by shogun00; 05-20-2013, 03:51 PM. Reason: Rephrased it a bit better.

Comment

• Praag
        • May 2013

All my scores of yesterday afternoon has been vanished, I don't understand why.

Comment

• ZenPinballFan
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by shogun00
          It's not a bug. It never has that option, since the lights are clearly visible on the plunger cam view. It's the same for the Spider-Man table.
          I haven't noticed that. Thanks!

Comment

• rooter
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DjParagon
            Is not remapping a key to another key what you're looking for ?
            If yes I don't know why you're not playing already, if not nevermind I did not understand your problem.
            Yes, I want to remap a key to another key. Your app only maps a joystick button to a key. I don't want to use a joystick.

Comment

• DjParagon
              • Apr 2013

Oh, I'm sorry I completely misread you I tought you had a peripheral that was not compatible with the game, I did not realised it was remaping keys on the actual same keyboard. Nevermind then, I hope you'll find a good solution until the option is available ingame (hopefuly).

Comment

• markmon
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by rooter
                Yes, I want to remap a key to another key. Your app only maps a joystick button to a key. I don't want to use a joystick.
                This can be done by wrapping the launch of pinball fx in an autohoykey script and then making your icon launch that script. What key(s) do you want to remap?

Comment

• Fpala
                  • Apr 2013

Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1) ?

I don't play anymore with this steam version because all the sounds in game are in my center speaker (except the sounds of the interface)
                  In the ps3 version, the sounds are well distributed, musical themes for each table are in the others speakers, this is so much better...

I will not buy you any tables until the problem is resolved...

Thanks to awser me, second post and no response from...

Comment

• LeanderL
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • May 2013

Ghost Rider: the upper left flipper is covered by the DMD/overlay if set to medium, left AND the overlay "beat [user's] score" is shown.
                    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• ZenPinballFan
                      • Apr 2013

In the next update, I hope you'll fix the invisible left tube on Biolab table. There's a thread about it on Steam.

Comment

• iCub
                        • Sep 2012

Reflections Cause Framerate Issues

I thought I worth a mention here though it's also being discussed over on Steam...

Enabling reflections causes stutters in framerate for some users with Radeon HD cards. It's more noticeable on some tables more than others, though the whole game seems to be affected to some degree.

At first I thought it was AA related so I turned off all features at driver level but it made no difference. I tried forcing v-sync but that didn't help either. Also, screen resolution seems to have no impact on the issue.

I noticed this since the game launched but it has become more pronounced with the latest update for some reason and can actually cause momentary halts to the gameplay.

Comment

• Roo5676
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by iCub
                          ...I noticed this since the game launched but it has become more pronounced with the latest update for some reason and can actually cause momentary halts to the gameplay.
                          You know, after yesterday's update I noticed a little bit of stuttering on Pasha that was never there before. It's a new PC with a GTX 660, so it's not exactly the same issue you're having, but it is curious. I tried a couple of other tables and they were silky smooth, like always.

I've been playing non-stop since launch on every table (with reflections on and max AA) and never had a single issue until yesterday. It wasn't game breaking, but it was noticeable.

Comment

• allmodcons
                            • Dec 2012

Probably a long shot but do you get the stuttering when disconnected from the internet and in offline mode. I get some occasionally but it seems better when offline. You can also try and kill the 3 Steam exes once FX2 is running just to see if that makes any difference.

Comment

• Roo5676
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Roo5676
                              You know, after yesterday's update I noticed a little bit of stuttering on Pasha that was never there before. It's a new PC with a GTX 660, so it's not exactly the same issue you're having, but it is curious. I tried a couple of other tables and they were silky smooth, like always.

I've been playing non-stop since launch on every table (with reflections on and max AA) and never had a single issue until yesterday. It wasn't game breaking, but it was noticeable.
                              So there was actually several places where I was noticing stutter now where as I never had any before the latest patch (Pasha in general; transition between plunger camera and regular camera on El Dorado; quick AT-AT mode in Episode V; when the lightning hits before you shoot the final "basket" in the Hulk arena).

Disabling reflections fixed it immediately. I ignored that possibility for awhile because I only saw that mentioned for AMD cards. Not a big deal for me to have them off, but it's odd that the patch introduced it.

This is on a cabinet that hasn't run anything other than this game in two weeks and had no changes of any kind applied in that time.

i3 3.1 ghz
                              Nvidia GTX 660
                              4 GB RAM
                              Windows 7 64-bit

Comment

• Roo5676
                                • Sep 2011

Slight issue: at least 4-5 times so far I've seen the right kickback on Hulk kick the ball directly into the left outlane. Once, it even did that and then the left kickback kicked it right back into the right outlane for a drain (during a mission, too, of course). Maybe this could be tweaked a little.

Comment

Working...