X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeanderL
    Pinball Wizard
    • May 2013

Originally posted by LeanderL
    Barbie, please take a look at this screenshot. The arrow next to "Tesla" looks damaged. It looks strange imo...if you hover this "something" the back arrow is displayed but without hovering it it looks odd. It's like that in all tables (not just in "Tesla").

http://abload.de/img/2013-05-12_00001u6upj.jpg
    I had the bug again. Seems as if it is related to pausing the game, checking highscores, resuming the game. If the bug has occured all tables are affected. All of a sudden the arrow is replaced by a strange icon and only the hover icon is fine.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• rooter
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DjParagon
      I am using Joy2Key for almost a decade and never had a problem with it. You can create profiles for any game and switch between them in one click, you can even map keys to your mouse or a joystick (there are even dead zone controls) and do whatever you want. You launch it before your game, you close it after playing or switch to another config and play another game, like The Binding Of Isaac which pretty much requires it as you can't change any key. You can probably create a script that will launch Joy2Key, then launch the game, so you don't even have to bother with it.
      Thank you for your response, but how does mapping a joystick to a key help with remapping one key to a different key?

Comment

• Solitude
        KickBeaten Down
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by rooter
        First, let me say that I love how active you guys are in the user community and how you listen to our feedback. I also really appreciate that cabinet support is eventually coming. However, this is not an elegant solution to the problem. Every key mapping program that I have tested so far requires a reboot after making changes. If I could write a script to remap the keys, start the game, and return them after the game quits, everything would be fine. This solution however, ruins all the controls in my other games and even just normal typing on the keyboard.
        It's a workaround rather than a solution. Here is a program that does not require rebooting to turn the remap on and off: http://www.easytousetools.com/keyboard_remapper/ (only 2 keys can be remapped free, $10 for the unlimited version). Perhaps there are others like it that are free - I haven't checked.

In any case, full control remapping is coming eventually, as we stated before launch.

Comment

• pinballkid
          • May 2013

An option to reduce Bloom would be very nice. It's a bit intense on some tables.

Comment

• Roo5676
            • Sep 2011

Small bug: the "my score" feature on the leaderboard only works on like half the tables for me. The rest of the time it is placed in a random location on the leaderboard.

Suggestion: add a summary line to the leaderboard that shows the total number of entries and your position at a glance. Something like "11/1000 (top 1.1%)" if you were 11th on a leaderboard with 1000 entries. I know the little scroll indicator kind of shows your relative position, but still.

EDIT (6/3/2013): I haven't had any problems with the My Score filter for a couple weeks now. It always seems to work.
            Last edited by Roo5676; 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• DjParagon
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by rooter
              Thank you for your response, but how does mapping a joystick to a key help with remapping one key to a different key?
              Is not remapping a key to another key what you're looking for ?
              If yes I don't know why you're not playing already, if not nevermind I did not understand your problem.

Comment

• LeanderL
                Pinball Wizard
                • May 2013

Originally posted by Roo5676
                Small bug: the "my score" feature on the leaderboard only works on like half the tables for me. The rest of the time it is placed in a random location on the leaderboard.

Suggestion: add a summary line to the leaderboard that shows the total number of entries and your position at a glance. Something like "11/1000 (top 1.1%)" if you were 11th on a leaderboard with 1000 entries. I know the little scroll indicataor kind of shows your relative position, but still.
                Same here. Somtimes it jumps to your name, sometimes it only shows the top 8 but not your name. Refreshing the page/going back and viewing the scores again often helps.
                http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• GipsonLens
                  • May 2013

Hello, I just wanted to report a bug I encountered on Secrets of the Deep.

With the multiplier launch lane active, begin the Collect Samples mission. Get the ball in the multiplier launch lane and launch the ball directly onto the lit magnet target. The crane never moved and the ball remained trapped on the magnet. The game eventually aborted the mission and launched a new ball.
                  Last edited by GipsonLens; 05-17-2013, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• ZenPinballFan
                    • Apr 2013

In Biolab table, the tube is missing on the far left side. The ball is moving like there is a tube, but it's not visible.

Comment

• andysonofbob
                      • May 2013

[3D Vision] Nearly PERFECT in 3D but would it be possible if...

Hi

Firstly thank you so much for rendering this game properly, which has made it a joy to play in stereoscopic 3D (using nVidia 3D Vision anyway). It is a blast!

There are a couple of issues though. Both are minor, but it would be the icing on the yummiest cake if they were solved!

1) Dot Matrix Display: This is rendered at the wrong depth and it is hard to look at in 3D. No worries, you can turn it off which for the most part is completely cool. Problem is, some tables have mini-games where you need the display to play. Would it be possible to have an additional dot matrix option which enables it during the mini-game moments? That would solve this issue.

2) There is also a bloom-like effect used now and again on the flashes which looks a bit odd in 3D. Would it be possible to add addition graphics option which allows the gamer to toggle certain effects?

Many thanks!

Andy

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

If you are still unable to launch Pinball FX2 today please try the following and let me know if it works or not:

1. Go offline with Steam (“Steam\Go Offline…”)
                        2. Browse the “Program Files\Steam” folder (where Steam is installed) and find the following file: “226980\remote\profile.dat" – 226980 is our app’s ID.
                        3. Delete profile.dat
                        4. Launch PFX2
                        5. Proceed to the main menu
                        6. Exit the game
                        7. Go online with the Steam client
                        8. Attempt to launch PFX2
                        9. Steam will sense conflict between the local profile and the one on Steam Cloud, and pop up a screen on which select “UPLOAD TO THE STEAM CLOUD”
                        10. The game should now start.

Comment

• GipsonLens
                          • May 2013

In 1080x1920 portrait mode, load a table, alt-tab out then alt-tab back to the game. The game crashes. The crash doesn't occur in landscape mode.

Comment

• markmon
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by GipsonLens
                            In 1080x1920 portrait mode, load a table, alt-tab out then alt-tab back to the game. The game crashes. The crash doesn't occur in landscape mode.
                            I cannot reproduce this crash.

Comment

• GipsonLens
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by markmon
                              I cannot reproduce this crash.
                              It might be table specific. For me, the consistent repro is (in portrait mode) to select Secrets of the Deep or Biolab then Alt-Tab out and in after it's done loading. I tried loading Pasha then Alt-Tabbing and it didn't crash. Also of note is after exiting Pasha, I loaded Secrets of the Deep (second table loaded that game) then Alt-Tabbed out and in and it didn't crash.

I also tried Alt-Tabbing after loading Rome, Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, and V12 as the first table and didn't crash.
                              Last edited by GipsonLens; 05-18-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• ZenPinballFan
                                • Apr 2013

I don't know if this is bug or not... On Blade table when launching the ball there is no option to move camera with flipper buttons, so I can see which hole makes skillshot (this option is allowed on Wolverine, Secrets of the Deep, etc.).

Also, On Blade table there's a small ball lag when playing on View 2, but only on this view.

Comment

Working...