Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pinball FX 2 - bugs/issues and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by scottchiefbaker View Post
    Has anyone built a pincab around Pinball FX? I'm a huge fan of the PS3 version, so I want to build a custom pincab. I'm having problems getting my side buttons to map. Does Pinball FX support anything other than Xbox 360 controllers? I'd also like to be able to select the table using the flippers/launch button. I won't have a D-Pad on my pincab, so that will be necessary.
    You can remap the keys however you like now. What problems are you having?

I use a KeyWiz and I love it.

Serious bug on Biolab / Steam :

Probably due to the portage from XBox : if you win more than 2 Xtraballs on a ball, the centrifuge shows only 2 small balls (not 3, 4 or 5). And after loosing the ball, it won't delivery a new ball and the table is blocked ► RESTART !
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post

Probably due to the portage from XBox : if you win more than 2 Xtraballs on a ball, the centrifuge shows only 2 small balls (not 3, 4 or 5). And after loosing the ball, it won't delivery a new ball and the table is blocked ► RESTART !
    Thanks, wims!

Quote Originally Posted by scottchiefbaker View Post
    Has anyone built a pincab around Pinball FX? I'm a huge fan of the PS3 version, so I want to build a custom pincab. I'm having problems getting my side buttons to map. Does Pinball FX support anything other than Xbox 360 controllers? I'd also like to be able to select the table using the flippers/launch button. I won't have a D-Pad on my pincab, so that will be necessary.
    I have Pinball FX2 on my cabinet (still waiting for proper cabinet support) and I use joy2key to sort out the button to keyboard issue.

The latest update (adding the upcoming Star Wars tables) also has a minor display bug. An confirmation arrow is displayed for a second when selecting monsters in the theatre (rat, skeleton, ghost...) or choosing weapons in Epic Quest. It's not a big deal but the previous version was better.

PS Fantastic Four has it, too...when selecting missions. Please fix it! And Earth Defense... LOL... ok, these are the three tables I played today. => every table has it when you select something and confirm it by pressing the A/start/launch button.

It looks like some internal testing visuals enabled.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 03-29-2014 at 03:46 AM. Reason: water

Default keymap item wanted

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    The latest update (adding the upcoming Star Wars tables) also has a minor display bug. An confirmation arrow is displayed for a second when selecting monsters in the theatre (rat, skeleton, ghost...) or choosing weapons in Epic Quest. It's not a big deal but the previous version was better.

PS Fantastic Four has it, too...when selecting missions. Please fix it! And Earth Defense... LOL... ok, these are the three tables I played today. => every table has it when you select something and confirm it by pressing the A/start/launch button.

It looks like some internal testing visuals enabled.
    First Barbie addressed this in a few other places. It is not a bug but rather a feature for touch screen users, guess we just never seen it till a update or 2 back. Not sure if there is plans to hide it for non-touch users, or you just have to ignore it.

2nd
    I would love in the controls section when mapping keys to be able to also map a key for exit/back. I am a cab user, and have been able to play all the games easy enough with or without a front end with just mapping keys.
    That said any user who has a simple setup and does not want to use a mini wireless keyboard or something would need to be able to map the below in game.
    Exit or back button, = escape on my mini keyboard.
    remap the arrow keys= to help move up/down right/left to select game.

I think if those could be added it would make it super easy for any setup.

Please fix this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Plunger

I've noticed on some Youtube video guides that using a controller allows you to adjust the plunger power level before firing, while on the keyboard you have to hold the key down and release at just the right moment.

To me this makes getting skill shots much, much easier via a controller than a keyboard.

Could we get an analogue option for the keyboard please? Two keys such as Up/Down to adjust and then launch.

Thanks

I also get the flashing checkmark on the right side of the screen now even though the option to display touch controls is set to off. The checkmark appears for just an instant but it very visually distracting.

One other issue: Pinball FX2 crashes completely on the Han Solo table. This has happened two or three times so now I avoid the table. The whole application just closes and disappears without any kind of crash notice or warning. It's not my system since I have at least 30 tables and this is the ONLY one where this has ever happened.

Can't say exactly what triggers it but I'm a hack of a player so it's not in any of the advanced stages.

+1 on the checkbox thing. Reminds me of the giant pause button that was stuck on screen back when the game launched. Seems like it should (and used to) respect that setting.

Han Solo is crashing for me also. 5 times now. Each time it was about 3-5 shots after Han says "never tell me the odds"

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    I also get the flashing checkmark on the right side of the screen now even though the option to display touch controls is set to off. The checkmark appears for just an instant but it very visually distracting.

One other issue: Pinball FX2 crashes completely on the Han Solo table. This has happened two or three times so now I avoid the table. The whole application just closes and disappears without any kind of crash notice or warning. It's not my system since I have at least 30 tables and this is the ONLY one where this has ever happened.

Can't say exactly what triggers it but I'm a hack of a player so it's not in any of the advanced stages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagamejunky View Post
    Han Solo is crashing for me also. 5 times now. Each time it was about 3-5 shots after Han says "never tell me the odds"
    If you haven't yet, can you send me crash dump files for this? Support at zenstudios dot com

Oh sh*** ! I haven't encountered any bug on Han Solo, and I came here to congratulate Zoltan for this great table (the best of the pack and all SW tables for me).

Default Deadpool - Table Stuck

Just been trying the new table, pretty good stuff and I'm really enjoying it

...but

Just got a new high-score (if I could see it lol) and the table has jammed. It was after a mission where I think I wasn;t supposed to hit a glowing blue ghost ball thingie? I must have hit it as the left flipper froze in the up position and the ball drained.

I held launch (PC: Enter key) to skip the animation to get a new ball to launch. but the animation repeats itself over and over. Matrix display is telling me to hold the flippers or launch to skip but all I'm getting is Deadpool repeating his animation over on the left at the mini pinball machine. He kicks the pinball table and repeats the animation. It's not a crash so I can;t provide you with anything...it might be a good point to ask the programmers to include a console command or key press to force a text dump of the table variables as they are?

Anyway...a screen shot is all I can provide to help out, hope it's useful. Sent image via PM to Barbie.
    Last edited by Teutatis; 06-26-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Default Biolab

My game always freezes after Cute Creature is achieved, can't nudge or tilt the table, and the view is locked to this image :

Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    My game always freezes after Cute Creature is achieved, can't nudge or tilt the table, and the view is locked to this image :

I think it's locked to that image to make a point to you, you killed the creature!

Does it create a crash dump file?

I'll look for it Barbie where can it be found ?

I'll look for it Barbie where can it be found ?
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps\

Once you find it, send it to support at zenstudios dot com

I will thanks for the quick reply, haven't played it in a while since last night and came across it.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps\

Once you find it, send it to support at zenstudios dot com
    Actually just went into that file and nothing is there, I loaded my previous game and it goes back to that screen. Would I just be able to delete and re-download again or will just bring me to this point in the game again ?

Opps... my mistake I did find it, Steam is on my "D" on this PC.

Opps... my mistake I did find it, Steam is on my "D" on this PC.
    Got your email - thanks! We updated the game this morning, see if it helps at all and let me know!

Default Flipper occasionaly does not work!

Hiya - love the game and have been addicted since discovering it recently the only problem is that every now and again a flipper will not respond at all to a button press on the keyboard which causes me to lose my ball.

I'm running it on Steam on a bog standard laptop - spec for laptop is:
    Intel Core i3-2348M @ 2.30GHz
    6GB RAM
    Built in Intel Graphics - HD 3000

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
    64 Bit OS

I've tried turning all the graphics options down and lowering the resolution but the error still comes back from time to time
    The rest of the game runs smooth so don't know why this is happening.

Do you think this error would still occur on a more powerful spec machine?

Thanks - Matt

Quote Originally Posted by zax93 View Post
    Hiya - love the game and have been addicted since discovering it recently the only problem is that every now and again a flipper will not respond at all to a button press on the keyboard which causes me to lose my ball.

I'm running it on Steam on a bog standard laptop - spec for laptop is:
    Intel Core i3-2348M @ 2.30GHz
    6GB RAM
    Built in Intel Graphics - HD 3000

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
    64 Bit OS

I've tried turning all the graphics options down and lowering the resolution but the error still comes back from time to time
    The rest of the game runs smooth so don't know why this is happening.

Do you think this error would still occur on a more powerful spec machine?

Thanks - Matt
    Just to be sure - have you tried another keyboard or controller?

Hi thanks for the reply - no not tried that - I'll have a go on the mouse and see if the error occurs with that - I have tried redefining the keys in case it was a dodgy key but that doesn't help

on Deadpool in Portrait Mode, the 1w View is not working it's just the same viewing angle as in 1/7. Please fix it, i need my 1w

Hey guys, seriously...

I've reported this serious bug one year ago and today you release the Pinball FX2 on PS3/PS4 with the same thing.

It's really frustrating to have a restart bug, it's more frustrating if you create a topic for bugs reports that's no good

Hi. I play with my monitor in portrait orientation. When I started playing today, I noticed that after choosing a table, the menus would switch as if I were in landscape orientation (tiny and in the middle of the screen). I played earlier in the week and didn't have this problem. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay but it's something new.

Edit: For some reason, I was only seeing this happen that one day. The next day, it was fine.
    Last edited by GipsonLens; 12-25-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Also, now that I tried playing some of the old tables, something's changed with the camera. All of the camera views are now too zoomed in when using a portrait orientation. Some of the outer lanes are no longer visible like they used to be. I first noticed this on The Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by GipsonLens View Post
    Also, now that I tried playing some of the old tables, something's changed with the camera. All of the camera views are now too zoomed in when using a portrait orientation. Some of the outer lanes are no longer visible like they used to be. I first noticed this on The Avengers.
    I tried playing today and everything's back to normal again. Weird.

I got the bug again where the menus and camera were incorrect in portrait mode. I had to restart my computer to fix it. The only thing that I think was different was that my computer went to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by GipsonLens View Post
    I got the bug again where the menus and camera were incorrect in portrait mode. I had to restart my computer to fix it. The only thing that I think was different was that my computer went to sleep.
    That's odd.. let me know if it keeps happening!

could we please have the DMD spacing around the edge of the screen reduced or removed completely?
    IT seems to be code left over from the Console version that is probably the 15% over scan distance to ensure older tv sets don't clip off the hud etc.
    However this isn't needed on the steam version. It would make using the large DMD in portrait mode much better(alot of the tables you can't use a large DMD due to the spacing forcing the DMD over top of parts of the playfield. This would fix that

heres what i mean before and after(rough shop sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodydrake View Post
    could we please have the DMD spacing around the edge of the screen reduced or removed completely?
    IT seems to be code left over from the Console version that is probably the 15% over scan distance to ensure older tv sets don't clip off the hud etc.
    However this isn't needed on the steam version. It would make using the large DMD in portrait mode much better(alot of the tables you can't use a large DMD due to the spacing forcing the DMD over top of parts of the playfield. This would fix that

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the suggestion

*waves* thx and pleased to meet ya!

Will the table breaking Epic Quest bug be fixed in an upcoming patch?
    It's been there for months now.
    I've reported it back then and hoped it would be fixed with the new tables patch but no cigar

Please don't forget the old tables.
    There are still a lot of fans of those too.

Patch notes for today's update can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/226980...3738383463019/

Default My problem since going to DVI

I recently moved my monitors to a DVI bus. I use Steam to play FX2. I always play fx2 in portrait mode on my main monitor. When I play Star Wars Clone Wars or one of several other tables, the left side of the screen (about 1 1/2 inches) looks likes it's wrapped around from the right side of the screen. It flashes from that to normal during gameplay. I don't know what to do to fix it. Otherwise I love the Pinball FX2 tables etc. best money i've ever spent. Just this thing that seems to be glitchy.

Default XBox One Controller Issue

I've got a problem with the XBox One Controller I'm using. This has just started recently, and is only happening on some tables (Portal and CastleStorm are the ones I have noticed it on today).

When I pull back the analog stick to launch the ball, the action is as though I hit the "Enter" key on the keyboard, or "X" on the controller. The plunger pulls back quickly to its fullest extent, then slowly creeps forward. Once this has happened I have full analog control. This generally happens each time I try to Launch a ball on a few tables. On other tables this is not a problem. For example I have had no problems with Launch control on the South Park Super Sweet Pinball table after I noticed the action happening today on both CastleStorm and Portal.

This is a minor annoyance on tables where you can measure your plunger pullback, but on others like CastleStorm where it is difficult to tell it's very frustrating.

Default Paranormal PC bug

I have seen it only on yt's gameplay - when activating cube the soundtrack is not changing like on zen for android and remains like in normal gameplay of table. There is possible, that this bug has been addressed and corrected already.

Default Portal does not allow me to save my initials

The Portal table does not allow me to enter my initials. It simply shows "save?" and the letters AAA. I cannot enter anything at all except to go ahead and save. Other tables I have to not exhibit this issue.

Default reflection and look ahead.

I have owned and played all of the FX2 pinball games for a long time now, and always look forward to the new ones that come out.
    I have a PinCab, and I am grateful for all the changes and added features you guys have worked on to help the Cab users.

I have a few items to bring up again to keep them up-to-date and fresh.

1.) I have seen a request another mapping of a Fire or enter button. I assume the reason for this is some cab builds have a plunger, and not an enter button, or if they do that button is below a plunger like mine is, and it is hard to reach that to fire and also move right or left during some missions. (just my 2 cents) this option at first I was like yea add it, but cab users can always add or remap a different button to also = that enter, so I would place it as a low priority.

2.) I have seen people request a slightly different view angle for cab users. I also agree that you lose a bit of the cool look of ramps and such in a 3d version with what currently works as a view in a cab. There are plenty of views to choose from, and I know how much work it is to add another view, as you have to do it for each table and it is more work than most know.
    (my 2 cents) I think a better view for cab users would be nice, but also low priority, would rather see a feature like starting view save.
    So if I want to use view 7, it is saved so the next time I start it remembers that setting.

3.) I have seen some request the ability to add backglass options to add your own picture or video. Again would be a cool feature, but a ton of work to add that feature. (my 2 cents) low priority as this would only benefit cab users.

4.) I would like to see the Street Fighter table added to PC/Steam? I know it is out there so I would hope this would be less work to get it added.

5.) A feature I think would be crazy awesome, add a table that is a Juke Box to read your music folder.

6.) New table ideas. I know you get these tossed out from all directions everyday. I also know it is in your favor that if you get a license to do a table type that the ability to push out 3+ is in your favor for time $ spent. SO here are a few I think would be great.

Lord of the Rings / Hobbit (my top pick) Would love to see a option at the start, to pick the good side (day) or pick a dark side (night)
    Batman / Dark knight.
    Transformers
    A top gun, or original made with fighter plane/helicopter type.
    Ninja Turtles
    Then the endless amount of tables others requests.

Default forgot one !

Jurassic Park

Also added a pic of my CAB you can see why I want LOTR

right.jpgleft.jpg

Default ps love you Barbie

We all know you do all the HARD work.

Quote Originally Posted by brettaug View Post
    We all know you do all the HARD work.
    Thanks! Nice cab you got there, that shot of Smaug is awesome!! And thanks for the suggestions - I will pass them along!

Default General bug

Hi !

I saw a general bug / issue after the leaderboards refresh (I've still refered it on Steam forum, but I don't know if Barbie has read it).

Be carefull gamers !

Before the refresh, when you finished a game beating a local score, at the moment where you enter 3 letters : you could go back to the main menu if you wanted to validate your score later (by reloading the table, you could continue the game then enter the 3 letters, then validate your score online).

After the refresh : if you do that, your score is definitly erased. By reloading the table, you have no choice to continue and start a new game.

Hi !

I saw a general bug / issue after the leaderboards refresh (I've still refered it on Steam forum, but I don't know if Barbie has read it).

Be carefull gamers !

Before the refresh, when you finished a game beating a local score, at the moment where you enter 3 letters : you could go back to the main menu if you wanted to validate your score later (by reloading the table, you could continue the game then enter the 3 letters, then validate your score online).

After the refresh : if you do that, your score is definitly erased. By reloading the table, you have no choice to continue and start a new game.
    Thanks, Wims!

Default Back glass cab support

First again thanks for all and any work you do for cab users.
    A new request I have seen recent that I think is very valid and would be a great add.
    1) allow MP4 and other such format to allow for video on the back glass.

Then an old request that I still think would be the 2nd highest priority from cab users is a better view, many of the current views cut off a lot of the edges, or is too flat and you lose a lot of the 3D depth.

Other than that I am amazed at all the requests cab users have had over the last few years that you guys have addressed and tried to solve for us.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
    Here sometime soon I would like to work on a sticky for cab users, with guides, ect.

Default Laptop crash

I play on a laptop that has an Nvidia GPU, the game was defaulted to use the processor for graphics after install. I switched it to use the GPU for better performance. One thing i noticed is that if i'm using the GPU anytime i try to switch from full screen to windowed the game always crashes and stays in full screen when loaded back up. Only work around i found is when i want to leave full screen i need to go into my Geforce settings and change the game back to using the processor before it will let me leave full screen, i then put it back on the GPU. It's not a big deal for me since i only play in windowed mode but figured it might be worth mentioning.

Default Walking dead - disapearing ball

Today i was streaming walking dead and the ball didn't appear in the launcher when it was supposed to. It eventually showed back up again. http://www.twitch.tv/aj_aj_aj/v/43533096 Don't know if this is a bug or just something funky went on with my PC.

Hello. I haven't played in a long time and noticed that my high scores no longer show up on the online leaderboard but still see them locally. Did something happen to high scores?

Default Family Guy Pinball - Stewie can't fight Bertram

Stewie can fly and shoot but Bertram's plane just goes to the top out of range and won't move

https://youtu.be/jf7h6HJzLpc

Quote Originally Posted by Geordles View Post
    Stewie can fly and shoot but Bertram's plane just goes to the top out of range and won't move

https://youtu.be/jf7h6HJzLpc
    This should be fixed in the next update

Default Possible bug in Guardians of the Galaxy

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but looking at YouTube-videos of people playing this mission the problem that I experience does not happen to them.

On the Drax vs Ronan-mission you are supposed to hit various ramps where the Drax symbol is flashing. So far so good, but after a couple of rounds there is no ramp flashing at all. No light is flashing except for the Drax symbol in the mission indicator in the middle of the playfield. The only thing I can do is to wait for Ronans timer to reach zero so that he gets a punch at Drax and then the ramps start flashing again. After I hit one of the flashing ramps, everything stops flashing again and I have to wait for the timer to reach zero. This basically means that I can't complete the mission since during most of it there is nothing that I can shoot at.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by ampeg View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but looking at YouTube-videos of people playing this mission the problem that I experience does not happen to them.

On the Drax vs Ronan-mission you are supposed to hit various ramps where the Drax symbol is flashing. So far so good, but after a couple of rounds there is no ramp flashing at all. No light is flashing except for the Drax symbol in the mission indicator in the middle of the playfield. The only thing I can do is to wait for Ronans timer to reach zero so that he gets a punch at Drax and then the ramps start flashing again. After I hit one of the flashing ramps, everything stops flashing again and I have to wait for the timer to reach zero. This basically means that I can't complete the mission since during most of it there is nothing that I can shoot at.

Am I missing something?
    Are you sure the lamp isn't flashing on the left orbit (YONDU lane)? It can be obscured by the G ramp, depending which camera angle/orientation you're playing in. In the first part of the mission when you need to shoot the combos to hit Ronan, when you shoot the COLLECTOR ramp, you need to follow it up with a shot to YONDU's orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Are you sure the lamp isn't flashing on the left orbit (YONDU lane)? It can be obscured by the G ramp, depending which camera angle/orientation you're playing in. In the first part of the mission when you need to shoot the combos to hit Ronan, when you shoot the COLLECTOR ramp, you need to follow it up with a shot to YONDU's orbit.
    You're completely right, the view I'm using is completely obscuring that lamp. Thanks for the help, I thought it would be strange if this was a bug since the table has been out for almost two years.

Default Problem can't play on steam

Hi, i search the forum but didn't have on answer on my problem.

- I have Pinball fx2 on my library according to steam but when i search it don't find it I need to go on the store to launch it
    - When I click on "play the game" on pinball fx2
    - It writes "researching for update"
    - It stops and nothing is launching...

Never had any problem on steam before is it a problem of steam or Pinball FX2 ?

My config :
    i5-4670
    16Go ram
    Geforce GTX670

Thanks in advance for the help...

Quote Originally Posted by Yogfei View Post
    Hi, i search the forum but didn't have on answer on my problem.

- I have Pinball fx2 on my library according to steam but when i search it don't find it I need to go on the store to launch it
    - When I click on "play the game" on pinball fx2
    - It writes "researching for update"
    - It stops and nothing is launching...

Never had any problem on steam before is it a problem of steam or Pinball FX2 ?

My config :
    i5-4670
    16Go ram
    Geforce GTX670

Thanks in advance for the help...
    Are you trying to launch via the separate Steam program or via the Steam store in a browser?

Hi Barbie,

Bugs on Biolab were never fixed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeZHwSOeeg
    (ball blocked in the cookie jar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyzAswQRLQ
    (impossible to launch if you win more than 2 extraballs per ball, probably because of the portage from 360 and the visual effect in centrifuge).

I know the team do the best but please remedy. It's frustrating to waste many hours, to finally restart because of known bugs several years ago. Especially if Zen created a thread to list them, but no fix behind. The solution would be to denigrate old tables forever ? I hope not !

Hi,

I found a general issue, not really an issue but something you can simply avoid.

When you resume a saved game, you have the choice (continue / start a new game) : the handling to do is to switch (with the pad) and validate by pushing A.

But if you make the mistake to press the B key, your save is simply erased as you'd chosen a new game. It would be safest if B key doesn't work at that time (yesterday I lost my game like this).

I found another thing but I prefer to send a PM.

Thanks !

Hi Barbie,

Bugs on Biolab were never fixed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeZHwSOeeg
    (ball blocked in the cookie jar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyzAswQRLQ
    (impossible to launch if you win more than 2 extraballs per ball, probably because of the portage from 360 and the visual effect in centrifuge).

I know the team do the best but please remedy. It's frustrating to waste many hours, to finally restart because of known bugs several years ago. Especially if Zen created a thread to list them, but no fix behind. The solution would be to denigrate old tables forever ? I hope not !
    Thanks!

Default Cabinet Mode Ideas/Suggestions

So, my friends and I are working on a cabinet as a pet project in our IT office. The support that's been implemented by the Pinball FX2 team for virtual cabinets is amazing and greatly appreciated. As the team continues to develop the platform, I have a few thoughts/ideas that have probably already come up, but I'd like to voice my interest in their implementation (and this seems the proper/best place to do so).

First of all (I mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll mention in it brief here since it seems fitting): The ability to skip/turn off the game over Pinball FX2 superscore screen. For cabinet usage, this slows things down and breaks the cabinet feel. To be able to stay on the machine and view a game over/local high score reel would be awesome and highly preferable.

Slightly related: The ability to deactivate initial-input memory would be nice. Edited: I found a backspace option in the character wheel. My mistake for not seeing it previously. The ability to turn off initial memory would still be welcome, though; I've not found a way to get back to character entry wheel without pressing the B button on gamepad or keyboard equivalent, and it would be nice to not have to include/designate a button on the interface to do that task.

Being able to set a system-wide "always use X cam" option would be great, especially since it's pretty consistently the case that camera 2 is the closest to simulating a physical table. This isn't really a huge deal, but it would be a nice option.

Being able to launch into hotseat mode from command line would be exceptionally nice. Lack of such an option makes for PinballX launching to be optimal only for single player. I realize that such a thing is not a primary concern for your development, but, having already added (greatly appreciated) command line launching support, this would be a great next step.

Related to that, and even better, would be the ability to choose the number of players when starting the table from within the table (and again at the game over screen). If this could happen (and the game may not be built in such a way for it to be viable), that would be truly outstanding.

Of course, these are ideas for what could make the game even better for cabinet users in the future. As a dev, I recognize that they may not be easy to implement, or even realistically viable. As a growing enthusiast, these are things I'd absolutely love to see.

Thanks for all you do, team!
    Last edited by KendrikTheRed; 06-15-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Default Not flipper lag, Flipper stick Steam Controller

I love my steam controller playing Fx tables with the exception that sometimes the flipper sticks up and I have to hit it again to make it come down. It doesn't happen often, maybe once or twice in a game, but it's very annoying. I'm using one of the top custom controller profiles on steam. Otherwise works flawlessly.

Any ideas?

Default Move DMD on the playfield

Quote Originally Posted by bloodydrake View Post

Up! i'm playing in vertical mod, and often the DMD (medium size) hides some feature on playfield. The solution proposed by Bloodydrake to decale DMD to the top would be nice.

Even better, use the "dotmatrix.cfg" to decale & resize DMD, but on the same screen (my mini pincab is just a playfield 22"). I've tested to creat this file, but DMD has disappeared because i have only 1 screen, i guess.

And even-even better, use a "dotmatrix.cfg" to set DMD for each table !!
    Like this :
    Sorcerer lair (x= 500;y= 0; height= 100; width= 400)
    Tesla (x= 350;y= 0; height= 100; width= 400)
    etc...

Angry Can we have a button to toggle background music, please!!

Some tables have - I'm sorry to say that - really annoying music. To my opinion it is mostly for pseudo bombast and dramatic music made by synths/samplers (e.g. Dr. Strange, Wolverine)
    On the other hand, there are tables with excellent music, that contributes very good to the total athmosphere (e.g. Star Wars Tables, Aliens tables, Ms Splosion Man - yes I love this one), so I really do NOT want to turn the music globally muted.

Here a toggle button would help, that should work when the table is running. Next table should start with music again.

Perfect would be, to choose in a setting for each table (or a command, that can be implemented into PinballX...) but my upper proposal would be very helpful at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by vogliadicane View Post
    Some tables have - I'm sorry to say that - really annoying music. To my opinion it is mostly for pseudo bombast and dramatic music made by synths/samplers (e.g. Dr. Strange, Wolverine)
    On the other hand, there are tables with excellent music, that contributes very good to the total athmosphere (e.g. Star Wars Tables, Aliens tables, Ms Splosion Man - yes I love this one), so I really do NOT want to turn the music globally muted.

Here a toggle button would help, that should work when the table is running. Next table should start with music again.

Perfect would be, to choose in a setting for each table (or a command, that can be implemented into PinballX...) but my upper proposal would be very helpful at the moment.
    Table specific audio mixing. Sounds promising LOL. That is a good idea, because Zen's music does run the gamut from awesome (most) to drudging (just a few, but I just don't get Mars lol). Personally, I have found the best mix for the two platforms I play on, and that is to lower the music a bit from the other two sound volumes. But yours is a great suggestion.
    Last edited by steven120566; 07-14-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KendrikTheRed View Post
    So, my friends and I are working on a cabinet as a pet project in our IT office. The support that's been implemented by the Pinball FX2 team for virtual cabinets is amazing and greatly appreciated. As the team continues to develop the platform, I have a few thoughts/ideas that have probably already come up, but I'd like to voice my interest in their implementation (and this seems the proper/best place to do so).

First of all (I mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll mention in it brief here since it seems fitting): The ability to skip/turn off the game over Pinball FX2 superscore screen. For cabinet usage, this slows things down and breaks the cabinet feel. To be able to stay on the machine and view a game over/local high score reel would be awesome and highly preferable.

Slightly related: The ability to deactivate initial-input memory would be nice. Edited: I found a backspace option in the character wheel. My mistake for not seeing it previously. The ability to turn off initial memory would still be welcome, though; I've not found a way to get back to character entry wheel without pressing the B button on gamepad or keyboard equivalent, and it would be nice to not have to include/designate a button on the interface to do that task.

Being able to set a system-wide "always use X cam" option would be great, especially since it's pretty consistently the case that camera 2 is the closest to simulating a physical table. This isn't really a huge deal, but it would be a nice option.

Being able to launch into hotseat mode from command line would be exceptionally nice. Lack of such an option makes for PinballX launching to be optimal only for single player. I realize that such a thing is not a primary concern for your development, but, having already added (greatly appreciated) command line launching support, this would be a great next step.

Related to that, and even better, would be the ability to choose the number of players when starting the table from within the table (and again at the game over screen). If this could happen (and the game may not be built in such a way for it to be viable), that would be truly outstanding.

Of course, these are ideas for what could make the game even better for cabinet users in the future. As a dev, I recognize that they may not be easy to implement, or even realistically viable. As a growing enthusiast, these are things I'd absolutely love to see.

Thanks for all you do, team!
    I second all of what he said! Just finished building my PinCab and would love if it were a little easier for friends and family to play on, multiplayer games. So "hotseat command line launching support" would be awesome for us using a front-end application!

Instead I use PinballFX2 main menu for game selection currently, luckily I have a built-in mouse (trackball) I can use to navigate. On the main menu, when you hover over a table icon, it does nothing, you have to click it then it goes to the table's menu. Can it highlight it like it does if you were to use the D-pad or arrow keys to scroll thru the tables, after you hover over the icon for a second or 2? So that it brings up the tables pictures.

Or create a new PinCab friendly main menu?!? hehe (Flippers scrolls thru ALL tables, up/down menus, custom back button)

All I can think of for now, thanks for such a great game and keep the amazing tables coming, love them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Shydo View Post
    I second all of what he said! Just finished building my PinCab and would love if it were a little easier for friends and family to play on, multiplayer games. So "hotseat command line launching support" would be awesome for us using a front-end application!

Instead I use PinballFX2 main menu for game selection currently, luckily I have a built-in mouse (trackball) I can use to navigate. On the main menu, when you hover over a table icon, it does nothing, you have to click it then it goes to the table's menu. Can it highlight it like it does if you were to use the D-pad or arrow keys to scroll thru the tables, after you hover over the icon for a second or 2? So that it brings up the tables pictures.

Or create a new PinCab friendly main menu?!? hehe (Flippers scrolls thru ALL tables, up/down menus, custom back button)

All I can think of for now, thanks for such a great game and keep the amazing tables coming, love them all!
    Thanks for the suggestions! Welcome to the forum

Default Pasha Bug

I've found a bug in Pasha two straight games.

The first time was just beginning, but this second time I was beating my previous score.

Leaving the central minicamp game, Pasha does not drop the ball.

As much as we push to force TILT, it does the TILT.

Another item lost, right ZEN?

-----------------

Me he encontrado con un bug en Pasha dos partidas seguidas.

La primera vez acababa de empezar, pero esta segunda vez estaba superando mi anterior puntuación.

Al salir del mini campo de juego central, Pasha no suelta la bola.

Por más que empujamos para forzar TILT, no hace el TILT.

Otra partida perdida, ¿verdad ZEN?

Quote Originally Posted by PinballVirtual-Victor View Post
    I've found a bug in Pasha two straight games.

The first time was just beginning, but this second time I was beating my previous score.

Leaving the central minicamp game, Pasha does not drop the ball.

As much as we push to force TILT, it does the TILT.

Another item lost, right ZEN?
    Thanks for the report - is this after the Protect the Caravan mission?
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 09-06-2016 at 09:41 PM.

I think so, but can not remember if he had opened the book or not to enter the oasis.

There is no key combination to force TILT or something I can do to just lose that ball? ( Plus accumulated bonuses)

Today let time pass almost 1 hour and continues to hold the ball
    Last edited by PinballVirtual-Victor; 09-06-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinballVirtual-Victor View Post
    I think so, but can not remember if he had opened the book or not to enter the oasis.

There is no key combination to force TILT or something I can do to just lose that ball? ( Plus accumulated bonuses)

Today let time pass almost 1 hour and continues to hold the ball
    There is only one kind of tilt/nudge, so if that doesn't work, you may have to restart. I will let the team know about this issue.

lost another big score?

When a bug occurs 1 in 100 games in a new table , you can understand .

A bug 2 times in a row on an old table is incomprehensible.

Losing a big score for a bug is inadmissible.

I see so.

we are again in the same situation.

As the game does not save the score to save the game.

In that table, which I have 600M. in the video that I show and are 633m ball1 and that away.

Yesterday I started another game and if the game crashes when you take 1000M, 1500M, 2000M, you have to start over from 0 even if you had saved the game the day before.

The achievements are not lost, automatically uploaded to achieve them.

With scores, if not automatically possible, they would have to be stored and up, at least to save the game.

Until this is resolved, the 100/200 best players will be very pissed off every time a miss our score by a bug in the game.

Default A-Force highscore bug

I think I have found a bug in the new A-Force table. Whenever I have finished a game and the "add your initials to the highscore"-screen comes up on the DMD, I can't change the name. The initials that I entered the first time I played the game are already flashing and "OK?" is blinking, the only thing I can do then is press OK and those initials get entered to the highscore list. I can't find a way to enter any other initials than those that I entered the first time I played.

Hi !

I dont know if this was already reported, but on Fear Itself (Steam version), to beat 4 Worthys doesnt give an Extraball.

Quote Originally Posted by ampeg View Post
    I think I have found a bug in the new A-Force table. Whenever I have finished a game and the "add your initials to the highscore"-screen comes up on the DMD, I can't change the name. The initials that I entered the first time I played the game are already flashing and "OK?" is blinking, the only thing I can do then is press OK and those initials get entered to the highscore list. I can't find a way to enter any other initials than those that I entered the first time I played.
    Use a Keyboard and press DEL

Quote Originally Posted by shazamic View Post
    Up! i'm playing in vertical mod, and often the DMD (medium size) hides some feature on playfield. The solution proposed by Bloodydrake to decale DMD to the top would be nice.

Even better, use the "dotmatrix.cfg" to decale & resize DMD, but on the same screen (my mini pincab is just a playfield 22"). I've tested to creat this file, but DMD has disappeared because i have only 1 screen, i guess.

And even-even better, use a "dotmatrix.cfg" to set DMD for each table !!
    Like this :
    Sorcerer lair (x= 500;y= 0; height= 100; width= 400)
    Tesla (x= 350;y= 0; height= 100; width= 400)
    etc...
    We have a solution to add DMD and playfield with custom placement. But we need a new feature (or alternative program?) : custom resolution for playfield (like DMD & Backglass in cabinet options).
    Actually, playfield can be resized in Options with pre-selected resolutions (like 800x600, 1024x768, etc). Or by resizing window manually in windowed mod. But when you reboot PC, playfield resolution come back in resolution saved in Options in game.

Apparently, .cfg file don't work anymore. And add -resolution 1050x1502 in launch steam options don't work too.

Here an exemple of mix dmd and playfield, with borderless app. DMD is stick to top border, and playfield is set in windowed mod, with 1050x1502 px. It's perfect, but after reboot, playfield bring back to 1050x1680.

Here the discussion : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=529362426

A feature to place DMD in first place, and behind playfield would be cool too.
    Thanks for help or clue.

Default Bethesda - Doom Table - Typo/Poor Grammar

Found a typo/poor grammar.doomtypo.jpg

Question Wide screem menu problem

Hi all,

I got a problem whit the menu in the resolution of 5670 by 1080, ingame its fine, but in the menu its just not done.

I just do not see all the tables, so have to gess where they are.

I att a screen shot of my problem
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234