Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX 2 - bugs/issues and recommendations

Default Pinball FX 2 - bugs/issues and recommendations

This thread is created to assist Zen Pinball gurus in fixing bugs/annoyances and offer some recommendations (which may end up in its own thread). Let us try and keep it focused on this

Issues found so far. All of these reflect playing pinball fx 2 at 1920 x 1080 in portrait view on a win 7 pc.

- I was playing world war hulk and I had placed the dmd at the lower left since its a fairly large apron area. Well, I activated the arena, and oops, the dmd is covering the flippers since there is no apron on that mode. Ouch! So no dmd placement at the bottom, though I will try the small size dmd

- it's a bit of a pain to place the display in portrait but I appreciate having it, so just a little pain is not a big deal. Would be great to have the ability to switch to portrait within the app

- I wish we could zoom out a bit, it almost seems like it should be, some of the writing on the apron is not visible though i need to test all cameras

- With the dmd back at the top, the nice upper area is not really visible, not a bug but this connects to the camera view issue where if the camera was pulled back a bit more, this would not be an issue

- most of the views work but there is no perfect view, so hopefully more are coming.

- I mentioned the dmd bug earlier, where if you pick large dmd and upper left, part of it is offscreen.

Well done zen staff!

A few more:

Quote Originally Posted by DjParagon View Post
    Hey, is there any way to hide the camera and pause symbols on the top left screen ? They are quite huge and disturbing...
    I agree, I would suggest:

- remove it completely
    - making them smaller, MUCH smaller!
    - have it appear only on mouse movement
    - have it semi transparent

It seems to be me a left-over of a touch interface since u can change the view by clicking on that button while playing (but of course on the pc, we would just press "g" )

Others:
    - I would recommend some kind of a countdown counter when unpausing the game. Lost a ball because of that...

- one of your "help" screens shows the Mars table. What a tease

note:
    - I would recommend some kind of a countdown counter when unpausing the game. Lost a ball because of that...

this is actually in the game, but it either does not work if I use the mouse to paus (by clicking on the pause symbol) or it does not work if the ball is cradled on the flipper.

Yeah, I was just about to post that the countdown works perfectly using a 360 pad. ^^

Throw one more big vote in for an option to remove the Pause and Camera overlay buttons. They are nothing but a useless visual distraction to me, which is a shame because these tables are otherwise looking *stunning* in 1080p Portrait mode (for Portrait mode and other upcoming cabinet features alone I will be buying/rebuying as many tables as you provide - even though I already own the full Zen 2 table set on PS3). Also - thanks for bringing this to Steam! Nothing could make me switch to Windows 8, so this is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by JTenebrous; 05-11-2013 at 01:27 AM.

My thoughts:

1) pause and cam buttons: hovering them displays them but if the mouse is not on them the buttons disappear. You can change the cam with c so the big button is useless. I know it makes sense on tablets etc. but Windows users should at least be able to get rid of them. Something like "display buttons yes/no" in the settings.

2) Adjustable DMD. Not that difficult to implement...you can freely move the DMD anywhere on your screen (options menu)

3) Highscores: "remember me" function. If you play single player entering the same three letters all the time is not convenient.

View 1 or 2 seem to be the best for a cabinet. The angle on 1 seems slightly better, but I wish I could pull it back just slightly.

I do wish you could disable all special cameras though. Right now it goes back into them every time (launching ball normally, launching ball from left "Hand" plunger on Wolverine, Darth Vader talking to Boba Fett, etc.) You can hit the camera button during it and go back to your full table view, but it doesn't stick.

Agree on removing the massive pause button.

Agree that there is no good place for a medium-sized DMD. Lower left seemed ok, but on some tables (Biolab) it actually overlaps the flippers a little. Being able to move this to another monitor (or real DMD! ) would be nice.

And someone mentioned it somewhere - a brightness option would be nice. Seems to be a bit too bright - it's a bit harder than it should be to see the ball against the yellow Wolverine playfield, for example.

I posted another thread about getting Xpadder working for my controls. It would be nice to have support for any controller (besides Xbox 360 controller).

Honestly, most of my complaints are cabinet-centric (for which I know support is going to come later). The game is fantastic and totally playable with my Xpadder setup. Maybe at some point I'll start a cabinet-mode wishlist thread or something.
    Last edited by Roo5676; 05-11-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    My thoughts:

1) pause and cam buttons: hovering them displays them but if the mouse is not on them the buttons disappear. You can change the cam with c so the big button is useless. I know it makes sense on tablets etc. but Windows users should at least be able to get rid of them. Something like "display buttons yes/no" in the settings.

2) Adjustable DMD. Not that difficult to implement...you can freely move the DMD anywhere on your screen (options menu)

3) Highscores: "remember me" function. If you play single player entering the same three letters all the time is not convenient.
    Totally agree. I also suffer a bug entering the Arena, the ball simply vanished, right flip stay up, nothing i can do except quit the game.

Does anyone else have major flipper lag?

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Does anyone else have major flipper lag?
    Yep! I'm trying to figure out what's causing it on my build. I came up with four possible solutions, but I don't have time now to check them out at the moment.

1.) Make sure the graphics card driver is up to date.
    2.) Make sure your monitor is set to "game mode".
    3.) Check the graphics settings on Windows and make sure that there aren't any motion enhancing* filters running.
    4.) Try lowering the resolution and/or turn off the ball trails and anti-analyzing. Those use up quite bit of GPU memory.

* Motion enhancing only works on content with 30fps or less. It doesn't work too well with 60fps games. Usually both the monitor and graphics card have these features available.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-12-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Default Game runs at 500x speed!

Okay, I don't know if it's ACTUALLY 500x speed, but as soon as I get to the main menu I can see that the game just starts speeding up like crazy. The flaming Pinball FX logo's fire animation starts speeding up like CRAZY, and when I actually load up a table it's INSANELY fast - way too fast to play. Everything from the character animations on the table to the actual ball physics are sped up.

I've tried updating my drivers, running in windows compatibility mode, changing the executable's CPU affinity to a single processor, changing the resolution, trying to go into windowed mode (you can't), launching the executable directly from its installed Steamapps location, etc. etc.

I'm stumped.

Anyone else have this problem? I just bought this game and would love to play it, but it's completely unplayable like this.

See here for others with the same problem and the solution they discovered:-

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226980...8532661899236/

I hope this works for you.

This comes under recommendations:-

Add the Mars table that comes free with the Windows 8 version

The Steam community is living up to their name and getting rather "steamed" up that Windows 8 users get a freebie table but the Steam version doesn't.

Bring back the "low quality" mode from the Windows 8 release to allow use on Atom based tablets and older PCs/Laptops. (I know Solitude kindly replied to me in another thread that he will look into this, but I thought it worth including in the recommendations thread too incase other players are interested).
    Last edited by iCub; 05-12-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iCub View Post
    See here for others with the same problem and the solution they discovered:-

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226980...8532661899236/

I hope this works for you.
    Bingo. Thanks a lot! Now I can enjoy this game.

I did a bunch of searching too before posting a thread, sorry! I hope others can find the solution as easily as I did. It's a shame it's such a non-obvious bug though.

For those who don't want to click links - make sure you have Vertical Sync set to "Let 3D Application Decide" in your Nvidia control panel - then make a new profile for Pinball FX2, and set Vertical Sync to ON.

My problem was that I had Vertical Sync turned off by default in my Nvidia Control Panel for ALL games and software. I guess Pinball FX2 REQUIRES VSync to be on or it doesn't run properly, hence the sped up effect.

Hope this helps, and thanks again for your link!

Adding the Mars table would be cool.
    And in addition to my previous ideas please think about fixed cams (user selections) that do not automatically change during multiball. I know that the view must be changed for certain minigames etc. but the zooming out during multiball really doesn't make sense.

Barbie, please take a look at this screenshot. The arrow next to "Tesla" looks damaged. It looks strange imo...if you hover this "something" the back arrow is displayed but without hovering it it looks odd. It's like that in all tables (not just in "Tesla").

http://abload.de/img/2013-05-12_00001u6upj.jpg

Default Update the 5.1 sounds - Possibilty to move the dmd with mouse- Hide pause/cam button

Update the 5.1 sounds please:

During the game, all sounds are in the center speakers, except the sounds of Special Effects ?? That is very unfortunate...
    For me, your greats music’s themes during the game should be in the 4 others speakers...

-Give us the possibilty to move the DMD with the mouse control, make this dream comes true !

And please, hide the pause/camera on the top who disturb the visibility of the game...

Thanks
    Last edited by Fpala; 05-12-2013 at 09:00 PM.

And in addition to my previous ideas please think about fixed cams (user selections) that do not automatically change during multiball. I know that the view must be changed for certain minigames etc. but the zooming out during multiball really doesn't make sense.
    The scroll cameras don't work properly when multiple balls are present. That's why the game has to force the angle to a fixed/locked one during multiball modes. You have three cameras to choose during the multiball ball, so try switching the angle and go with the one that works for you.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-12-2013 at 08:35 PM.

The arena bug on hulk that I've seen reported previously is still there on this version. On one of the 8 or so times that I got to the arena today, no ball was launched. I shook the table and the ball then was spit back to the playfield, but the flippers then didn't work, despite making their sounds. I heard no tilt warnings so I don't think it tilted. The next ball launched didn't fix it so i had to restart.

Edit: the flipper sounds I heard were probably the flippers in the arena still going while the main ones were deactivated.

Edit2: This has been fixed. Thank you!
    Last edited by Roo5676; 05-27-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The scroll cameras don't work properly when multiple balls are present. That's why the game has to force the angle to a fixed/locked one during multiball modes. You have three cameras to choose during the multiball ball, so try switching the angle and go with the one that works for you.
    Thanks. Ah, that makes sense, yes. I usually play with the first view (1, not 0) which is a static view so I didn't think of scrolling cameras and multiple balls.

A recommendation I would have is to allow players to select their Tilt/Flipper buttons themselves. On my keyboard the Ctrl keys are very close to the flipper keys and accidentally tilting the table is easy. I tried the other layouts but they are too far away to the flippers to be useful. I would like to use Left Shift and \ and / and Right Shift, but this is not aloowed at present.

Greetings

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by binaryfox View Post
    A recommendation I would have is to allow players to select their Tilt/Flipper buttons themselves. On my keyboard the Ctrl keys are very close to the flipper keys and accidentally tilting the table is easy. I tried the other layouts but they are too far away to the flippers to be useful. I would like to use Left Shift and \ and / and Right Shift, but this is not aloowed at present.

Greetings
    We're planning on adding full remapping functionality, but it's relatively low priority compared to some other fixes/changes, so it probably won't be in the first update.

KickBeaten Down

Yep! I'm trying to figure out what's causing it on my build. I came up with four possible solutions, but I don't have time now to check them out at them moment.

1.) Make sure the graphics card driver is up to date.
    2.) Make sure your monitor is set to "game mode".
    3.) Check the graphics settings on Windows and make sure that there aren't any motion enhancing* filters running.
    4.) Try lowering the resolution and/or turn off the ball trails and anti-analyzing. Those use up quite bit of GPU memory.

* Motion enhancing only works on content with 30fps or less. It doesn't work too well with 60fps games. Usually both the monitor and graphics card have these features available.
    One other thing to try is (on systems with nvidia cards) creating a custom profile for the game in the nvidia control panel and reducing the "maximum pre-rendered frames" setting.

Please add an option to support 720p resolution (1280x720). Currently there is an option for 1280x768 and 1280x800, but not 1280x720, and that's the one I need - and I can find no configuration files in which to add a custom resolution. Why do I want 720p support? Because I have a great big TV that only runs at 60hz in 720p mode, and higher resolutions only run at 30hz which introduces unplayable flipper lag. My computer monitor is 1080p/120hz and it's what I will be using to play Pinball FX 2 most of the time (in portrait mode- yes!), but sometimes I prefer to kick back on the sofa and use my PC attached to my television like a super high-powered games console (I also have a PS3 with Zen Pinball 2 attached to the telly which runs 720p/60hz, but then I don't have the option to play tables like Rome and others that come in the FX2 Core Pack). This should be be super-easy to implement, so hope to see it soon

Please, please, PLEASE let us enter our high-score initials with the keyboard. You're finally on a platform that has a native text-input device attached to it, and we can't use it to enter our initials?!? Back when PFX2 came out on consoles, I recommended at least saving the initials last entered so we wouldn't have to use the controller to enter them every time. That didn't happen, and were still in the same situation now. Forcing people to use the flipper buttons to scroll to each letter may be authentic, but that doesn't make it a good thing.

Default I came to report this same problem. After landing the I was having a good run too : (

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    The arena bug on hulk that I've seen reported previously is still there on this version. On one of the 8 or so times that I got to the arena today, no ball was launched. I shook the table and the ball then was spit back to the playfield, but the flippers then didn't work, despite making their sounds. I heard no tilt warnings so I don't think it tilted. The next ball launched didn't fix it so i had to restart.

Edit: the flipper sounds I heard were probably the flippers in the arena still going while the main ones were deactivated.
    I came to report this same problem. After landing the ball in the center hole of the arena the ball was never relaunched. Tilting caused the camera to return to the original play field with unresponsive flippers. I was having a good run too : (

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    We're planning on adding full remapping functionality, but it's relatively low priority compared to some other fixes/changes, so it probably won't be in the first update.
    I understand, I will try to get used to it meantime. Thank you for your consideration, the game is excellent.

How about an option to disable the characters on licensed tables?

I've only bought the non-licensed tables because they are more like normal pinball. The Star Wars and Marvel tables seem ok, but Boba Fett is flying in front of the play field, shooting at the ball... tie fighters are flying all over shooting lasers... Thanos is messing around in the game, Silver Surfer is zapping him with beams... Green Goblin is flying all over... the Fear Itself table has some chick with a hammer who does acrobatics to get over to the plunger and hit the ball... IT'S TOO MUCH

I might buy the tables if I could disable all the distractions, otherwise I'll stick to the generic tables, since they are a bit more restrained, and closer to normal pinball.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by binaryfox View Post
    I understand, I will try to get used to it meantime. Thank you for your consideration, the game is excellent.
    You can always use a 3rd-party keyboard remapping utility. I am pretty sure there are freeware ones that let you switch keys as you please and use a hotkey combo to revert back to normal when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fpala View Post
    Update the 5.1 sounds please:

During the game, all sounds are in the center speakers, except the sounds of Special Effects ?? That is very unfortunate...
    For me, your greats music’s themes during the game should be in the 4 others speakers...

-Give us the possibilty to move the DMD with the mouse control, make this dream comes true !

And please, hide the pause/camera on the top who disturb the visibility of the game...

Thanks
    It would be awesome if I could move the DMD to another screen. It would be a dream come true if I could see the DMD on my real DMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post

I've only bought the non-licensed tables because they are more like normal pinball. The Star Wars and Marvel tables seem ok, but Boba Fett is flying in front of the play field, shooting at the ball... tie fighters are flying all over shooting lasers... Thanos is messing around in the game, Silver Surfer is zapping him with beams... Green Goblin is flying all over... the Fear Itself table has some chick with a hammer who does acrobatics to get over to the plunger and hit the ball... IT'S TOO MUCH

I might buy the tables if I could disable all the distractions, otherwise I'll stick to the generic tables, since they are a bit more restrained, and closer to normal pinball.
    I don't think it's possible. The 3D action going on is one of the strength of Pinball FX2 . It isn't a realistic pinball simulation but loaded with lots of animations, characters, action going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post

That's kind of the whole point of the game, though. It's a blend of real pinball mechanics with fantasy elements that cannot exist in real life. Removing the characters would break many of the missions as well. On Empire, you need to launch the ball off the jump without hitting the TIE fighters and meteors. On Spider-man, if Mysterio wasn't there, how would you know which ramp to hit? If Doc Oc wasn't advancing towards you, how would you know how close you were to winning/losing? It would be less fun as well, even if indicators for this stuff was added to the DMD or playfield.

Are you against special balls as well? I think it's fun to light a ball on fire with one target in order to bust ice blocking a ramp, or smash a stone ball against certain targets. The shots and skills needed are basically the same as real pinball, but with more flavor and creativity because they can create anything they want.

I agree that some tables are really over-the-top. I too prefer simpler tables (the Zen Classics and core packs are good examples).
    I like some of the over-the-top tables, though (Ms. Splosion man).

I hope Zen Studios will continue to provide new tables, sometimes really outrageous ones, and sometimes more realistic ones. So far, most of the tables are very good to great, that's noticeable : Zen produce very good work, so continue this way, and continue to satisfy everybody with diversity.

Lightbulb

A couple of other suggestions; not really big issues but something that would be a good thing in future updates...

Include the 5.1 audio from the PS3 version. Table sounds are a lot better on my PS3 than my PC as the PS3 supports full Dolby Digital while the PC version only includes stereo sound (also some sounds come over as a little muffled, particularly table physics sounds).

Add a 720p mode for TV users. Seems an unusual omission when many other resolutions are supported.

The next part is particularly strange, as it only happens over HDMI to my TV and not when displayed on my monitor:-

I am getting severe framerate drops in attract mode. This is especially noticable on the Starwars tables and WW Hulk. It doesn't seem to be affected by dropping the resolution or turning reflections on/off or AA. Disabling the Steam in-game overlay did improve things but did not resolve the issue totally. It is perhaps worth mentioning that this doesn't happen with the Windows 8 version.

Gfx card is Radeon HD 7750
    TV Display @ 1080p 16:9 ratio
    Monitor @ 1680X1050 16:10 ratio
    Running only on one screen at a time with the other disabled.
    Last edited by iCub; 05-13-2013 at 05:26 PM.

It would be great to have an option to reduce the light/bloom in the tables as there is a lot if 'glare' particularly the ball. It is really overwhelming in a Pincab with a 42" screen. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    It would be great to have an option to reduce the light/bloom in the tables as there is a lot if 'glare' particularly the ball. It is really overwhelming in a Pincab with a 42" screen. Thanks
    I would like this as well,if possible.

Exclamation Crash to desktop in Biolab - Table guide

I'm experiencing a crash-to-desktop whenever I'm trying to read page 4 (or 5?) of Biolab's table guide. I've reproduced this multiple times.

I'm running Pinball FX2 (steam) on the following system:
    Windows 8 64 bits
    Intel core i7
    6Gb RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 570

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Ooops View Post
    I'm experiencing a crash-to-desktop whenever I'm trying to read page 4 (or 5?) of Biolab's table guide. I've reproduced this multiple times.

I'm running Pinball FX2 (steam) on the following system:
    Windows 8 64 bits
    Intel core i7
    6Gb RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Table guide and hotseat mode initials entry crashes will be fixed in the first update.

Default Crash bug

Hey guys, just found a bug that crash the game for me everytime I reproduce it.

It's in the ingame guide for the IronMan table, there is a page that I can't access and trying and visit it crash the game instantly.
    It's the one between MANDARIN IMPACT BEAM and MANDARIN FLAME-BLAST. I have not tried all my tables but it is working fine on most.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...7E4F04E776707/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...B80B4DD77F87F/

Using Win7 32 and nvidia last drivers. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Praag View Post
    Totally agree. I also suffer a bug entering the Arena, the ball simply vanished, right flip stay up, nothing i can do except quit the game.
    Yeah, that's also been an issue with the Windows 8 version of WWH since beta. Still not fixed.

I have to second this again. I did the copter multiball on Moon Knight yesterday, and the balls were so bright you could not even really see where they were. All you could see was a giant blue aura about 2-3 times the size of the ball. It's hard to hit accurate shots if you have to guess where the ball is on the flipper.

I think bloom is a good word for describing this. It's like the bright light overwhelms the virtual camera.

Still thoroughly enjoying this, though!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by snarfo View Post
    Yeah, that's also been an issue with the Windows 8 version of WWH since beta. Still not fixed.
    It's on our list. Somehow, it slipped through the cracks before. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    You can always use a 3rd-party keyboard remapping utility. I am pretty sure there are freeware ones that let you switch keys as you please and use a hotkey combo to revert back to normal when you are done.
    First, let me say that I love how active you guys are in the user community and how you listen to our feedback. I also really appreciate that cabinet support is eventually coming. However, this is not an elegant solution to the problem. Every key mapping program that I have tested so far requires a reboot after making changes. If I could write a script to remap the keys, start the game, and return them after the game quits, everything would be fine. This solution however, ruins all the controls in my other games and even just normal typing on the keyboard.

Every key mapping program that I have tested so far requires a reboot after making changes. If I could write a script to remap the keys, start the game, and return them after the game quits, everything would be fine. This solution however, ruins all the controls in my other games and even just normal typing on the keyboard.
    I am using Joy2Key for almost a decade and never had a problem with it. You can create profiles for any game and switch between them in one click, you can even map keys to your mouse or a joystick (there are even dead zone controls) and do whatever you want. You launch it before your game, you close it after playing or switch to another config and play another game, like The Binding Of Isaac which pretty much requires it as you can't change any key. You can probably create a script that will launch Joy2Key, then launch the game, so you don't even have to bother with it.

Keyboard emulation/remapping works well enough (I'm using Xpadder with success). The real challenge is that the only way to do analog plunger input is by emulating an Xbox 360 controller. I'm using a program for that, but it's buggy and even when it does work, it still has some issues. I posted about it here.

Having good analog plunger control is very important for skillshots, especially on BioLab where there's a skillshot-based mission.

Barbie, please take a look at this screenshot. The arrow next to "Tesla" looks damaged. It looks strange imo...if you hover this "something" the back arrow is displayed but without hovering it it looks odd. It's like that in all tables (not just in "Tesla").

http://abload.de/img/2013-05-12_00001u6upj.jpg
    I had the bug again. Seems as if it is related to pausing the game, checking highscores, resuming the game. If the bug has occured all tables are affected. All of a sudden the arrow is replaced by a strange icon and only the hover icon is fine.

I am using Joy2Key for almost a decade and never had a problem with it. You can create profiles for any game and switch between them in one click, you can even map keys to your mouse or a joystick (there are even dead zone controls) and do whatever you want. You launch it before your game, you close it after playing or switch to another config and play another game, like The Binding Of Isaac which pretty much requires it as you can't change any key. You can probably create a script that will launch Joy2Key, then launch the game, so you don't even have to bother with it.
    Thank you for your response, but how does mapping a joystick to a key help with remapping one key to a different key?

KickBeaten Down

First, let me say that I love how active you guys are in the user community and how you listen to our feedback. I also really appreciate that cabinet support is eventually coming. However, this is not an elegant solution to the problem. Every key mapping program that I have tested so far requires a reboot after making changes. If I could write a script to remap the keys, start the game, and return them after the game quits, everything would be fine. This solution however, ruins all the controls in my other games and even just normal typing on the keyboard.
    It's a workaround rather than a solution. Here is a program that does not require rebooting to turn the remap on and off: http://www.easytousetools.com/keyboard_remapper/ (only 2 keys can be remapped free, $10 for the unlimited version). Perhaps there are others like it that are free - I haven't checked.

In any case, full control remapping is coming eventually, as we stated before launch.

An option to reduce Bloom would be very nice. It's a bit intense on some tables.

Small bug: the "my score" feature on the leaderboard only works on like half the tables for me. The rest of the time it is placed in a random location on the leaderboard.

Suggestion: add a summary line to the leaderboard that shows the total number of entries and your position at a glance. Something like "11/1000 (top 1.1%)" if you were 11th on a leaderboard with 1000 entries. I know the little scroll indicator kind of shows your relative position, but still.

EDIT (6/3/2013): I haven't had any problems with the My Score filter for a couple weeks now. It always seems to work.
    Last edited by Roo5676; 06-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Thank you for your response, but how does mapping a joystick to a key help with remapping one key to a different key?
    Is not remapping a key to another key what you're looking for ?
    If yes I don't know why you're not playing already, if not nevermind I did not understand your problem.

Small bug: the "my score" feature on the leaderboard only works on like half the tables for me. The rest of the time it is placed in a random location on the leaderboard.

Suggestion: add a summary line to the leaderboard that shows the total number of entries and your position at a glance. Something like "11/1000 (top 1.1%)" if you were 11th on a leaderboard with 1000 entries. I know the little scroll indicataor kind of shows your relative position, but still.
    Same here. Somtimes it jumps to your name, sometimes it only shows the top 8 but not your name. Refreshing the page/going back and viewing the scores again often helps.

Hello, I just wanted to report a bug I encountered on Secrets of the Deep.

With the multiplier launch lane active, begin the Collect Samples mission. Get the ball in the multiplier launch lane and launch the ball directly onto the lit magnet target. The crane never moved and the ball remained trapped on the magnet. The game eventually aborted the mission and launched a new ball.
    Last edited by GipsonLens; 05-17-2013 at 03:50 AM.

In Biolab table, the tube is missing on the far left side. The ball is moving like there is a tube, but it's not visible.

Default [3D Vision] Nearly PERFECT in 3D but would it be possible if...

Hi

Firstly thank you so much for rendering this game properly, which has made it a joy to play in stereoscopic 3D (using nVidia 3D Vision anyway). It is a blast!

There are a couple of issues though. Both are minor, but it would be the icing on the yummiest cake if they were solved!

1) Dot Matrix Display: This is rendered at the wrong depth and it is hard to look at in 3D. No worries, you can turn it off which for the most part is completely cool. Problem is, some tables have mini-games where you need the display to play. Would it be possible to have an additional dot matrix option which enables it during the mini-game moments? That would solve this issue.

2) There is also a bloom-like effect used now and again on the flashes which looks a bit odd in 3D. Would it be possible to add addition graphics option which allows the gamer to toggle certain effects?

Many thanks!

Andy

If you are still unable to launch Pinball FX2 today please try the following and let me know if it works or not:

1. Go offline with Steam (“Steam\Go Offline…”)
    2. Browse the “Program Files\Steam” folder (where Steam is installed) and find the following file: “226980\remote\profile.dat" – 226980 is our app’s ID.
    3. Delete profile.dat
    4. Launch PFX2
    5. Proceed to the main menu
    6. Exit the game
    7. Go online with the Steam client
    8. Attempt to launch PFX2
    9. Steam will sense conflict between the local profile and the one on Steam Cloud, and pop up a screen on which select “UPLOAD TO THE STEAM CLOUD”
    10. The game should now start.

In 1080x1920 portrait mode, load a table, alt-tab out then alt-tab back to the game. The game crashes. The crash doesn't occur in landscape mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GipsonLens View Post
    In 1080x1920 portrait mode, load a table, alt-tab out then alt-tab back to the game. The game crashes. The crash doesn't occur in landscape mode.
    I cannot reproduce this crash.

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    I cannot reproduce this crash.
    It might be table specific. For me, the consistent repro is (in portrait mode) to select Secrets of the Deep or Biolab then Alt-Tab out and in after it's done loading. I tried loading Pasha then Alt-Tabbing and it didn't crash. Also of note is after exiting Pasha, I loaded Secrets of the Deep (second table loaded that game) then Alt-Tabbed out and in and it didn't crash.

I also tried Alt-Tabbing after loading Rome, Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, and V12 as the first table and didn't crash.
    Last edited by GipsonLens; 05-18-2013 at 11:29 PM.

I don't know if this is bug or not... On Blade table when launching the ball there is no option to move camera with flipper buttons, so I can see which hole makes skillshot (this option is allowed on Wolverine, Secrets of the Deep, etc.).

Also, On Blade table there's a small ball lag when playing on View 2, but only on this view.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    If you are still unable to launch Pinball FX2 today please try the following and let me know if it works or not:

1. Go offline with Steam (“Steam\Go Offline…”)
    2. Browse the “Program Files\Steam” folder (where Steam is installed) and find the following file: “226980\remote\profile.dat" – 226980 is our app’s ID.
    3. Delete profile.dat
    4. Launch PFX2
    5. Proceed to the main menu
    6. Exit the game
    7. Go online with the Steam client
    8. Attempt to launch PFX2
    9. Steam will sense conflict between the local profile and the one on Steam Cloud, and pop up a screen on which select “UPLOAD TO THE STEAM CLOUD”
    10. The game should now start.

I have tried all the steps above however steam doesn't sense a conflict, the exe remains running but the game does not boot

Update: After several more tries at the above procedure, and a cache verification in steam I finally got it running, however I lost all my settings and scores...

perhaps in future we could have a better way to get the game running after a patch?

still loving the game
    Last edited by Slartibartfaust; 05-20-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: new info

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    I don't know if this is bug or not... On Blade table when launching the ball there is no option to move camera with flipper buttons, so I can see which hole makes skillshot (this option is allowed on Wolverine, Secrets of the Deep, etc.).
    It's not a bug. It never had that option, since the lit hole is clearly visible from the plunger cam view. It's the same for the Spider-Man table.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-20-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Rephrased it a bit better.

All my scores of yesterday afternoon has been vanished, I don't understand why.

It's not a bug. It never has that option, since the lights are clearly visible on the plunger cam view. It's the same for the Spider-Man table.
    I haven't noticed that. Thanks!

Is not remapping a key to another key what you're looking for ?
    If yes I don't know why you're not playing already, if not nevermind I did not understand your problem.
    Yes, I want to remap a key to another key. Your app only maps a joystick button to a key. I don't want to use a joystick.

Oh, I'm sorry I completely misread you I tought you had a peripheral that was not compatible with the game, I did not realised it was remaping keys on the actual same keyboard. Nevermind then, I hope you'll find a good solution until the option is available ingame (hopefuly).

Lightbulb

Yes, I want to remap a key to another key. Your app only maps a joystick button to a key. I don't want to use a joystick.
    This can be done by wrapping the launch of pinball fx in an autohoykey script and then making your icon launch that script. What key(s) do you want to remap?

Default Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1) ?

I don't play anymore with this steam version because all the sounds in game are in my center speaker (except the sounds of the interface)
    In the ps3 version, the sounds are well distributed, musical themes for each table are in the others speakers, this is so much better...

I will not buy you any tables until the problem is resolved...

Thanks to awser me, second post and no response from...

Ghost Rider: the upper left flipper is covered by the DMD/overlay if set to medium, left AND the overlay "beat [user's] score" is shown.

In the next update, I hope you'll fix the invisible left tube on Biolab table. There's a thread about it on Steam.

steamcommunity.com/app/226980/discussions/0/828939163779696280/

Default Reflections Cause Framerate Issues

I thought I worth a mention here though it's also being discussed over on Steam...

Enabling reflections causes stutters in framerate for some users with Radeon HD cards. It's more noticeable on some tables more than others, though the whole game seems to be affected to some degree.

At first I thought it was AA related so I turned off all features at driver level but it made no difference. I tried forcing v-sync but that didn't help either. Also, screen resolution seems to have no impact on the issue.

I noticed this since the game launched but it has become more pronounced with the latest update for some reason and can actually cause momentary halts to the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by iCub View Post
    ...I noticed this since the game launched but it has become more pronounced with the latest update for some reason and can actually cause momentary halts to the gameplay.
    You know, after yesterday's update I noticed a little bit of stuttering on Pasha that was never there before. It's a new PC with a GTX 660, so it's not exactly the same issue you're having, but it is curious. I tried a couple of other tables and they were silky smooth, like always.

I've been playing non-stop since launch on every table (with reflections on and max AA) and never had a single issue until yesterday. It wasn't game breaking, but it was noticeable.

Probably a long shot but do you get the stuttering when disconnected from the internet and in offline mode. I get some occasionally but it seems better when offline. You can also try and kill the 3 Steam exes once FX2 is running just to see if that makes any difference.

You know, after yesterday's update I noticed a little bit of stuttering on Pasha that was never there before. It's a new PC with a GTX 660, so it's not exactly the same issue you're having, but it is curious. I tried a couple of other tables and they were silky smooth, like always.

I've been playing non-stop since launch on every table (with reflections on and max AA) and never had a single issue until yesterday. It wasn't game breaking, but it was noticeable.
    So there was actually several places where I was noticing stutter now where as I never had any before the latest patch (Pasha in general; transition between plunger camera and regular camera on El Dorado; quick AT-AT mode in Episode V; when the lightning hits before you shoot the final "basket" in the Hulk arena).

Disabling reflections fixed it immediately. I ignored that possibility for awhile because I only saw that mentioned for AMD cards. Not a big deal for me to have them off, but it's odd that the patch introduced it.

This is on a cabinet that hasn't run anything other than this game in two weeks and had no changes of any kind applied in that time.

i3 3.1 ghz
    Nvidia GTX 660
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit

Slight issue: at least 4-5 times so far I've seen the right kickback on Hulk kick the ball directly into the left outlane. Once, it even did that and then the left kickback kicked it right back into the right outlane for a drain (during a mission, too, of course). Maybe this could be tweaked a little.

Default Game breaking bug in Pasha

Hi.

I just want to report a bug that occured while I was playing the Pasha table. I was in the "Protect the caravan" mini game. I was waiting for the peg (between the flippers) to rise again by holding the ball with my right flipper. Suddenly, my ball disapeared, only to reapear right away in the plunger. The ball was sent back to the game as if I locked the ball, but the weirdest thing was that the "Protect the caravan/Defeat the Guards" mini playfield was still active while I was on the regular playfield, and I could still collect points and bonuses.

I drained the ball quickly afterward, but the game did not acknowledged that the ball was lost. The music kept playing, the animation on the table too, but nothing else was going on. No game over screen whatsoever, it just kind off stayed there for a lack of better words. I tilted the table to see if it could make something happen, but aside off the tilt message on the dot matrix and the flipper lock that comes with it, nothing happened. I came back to the main menu, came back to the game and it was still the same situation.

I don't know if you ever came accross that bug. I hope I was clear enough, english is not my first language after all. If not, I'll gladly answer any questions.

Thank you

Default Ghost Rider multiball bug

I had two balls on Ghost Rider locked and I think what happened was I hit the captive ball the way you normally would to start the 3-ball multiball, but somehow just one of the balls came out. I now had 2 balls in play, but the game did not start a multiball mode.

Then one of the balls drained, and the game thought it was the only one and zoomed me to the plunger with the other one still going. I launched the new ball and then aimed for the remaining captive ball. Luckily, hitting that triggered the multi-ball mode and everything was fine after that.

Good luck reproducing that one...

Reproducing your bug is still easier than reproducing your highscores, Roo.

I'm not sure what happened, but I was playing today, and noticed all the trophys on the tables were gone, so I checked my achievements, and it was reset. I checked steam out of game to see if they were there, but they were also gone. I have to start over on achievements. Any idea why this would happen?

edit: When I loaded it up again later, the achievements I had just unlocked again are now gone too. It's not saving the achievements for some reason. This is frustrating because it says 0% for the Fist on Khonshu one on global, and I spent a couple hours on just unlocking that one (not to mention I got my highest score on that same round).
    Last edited by xaphian; 05-28-2013 at 12:45 AM.

I can also confirm that all my unlocked achievements are locked again. I'm also still experiencing the Alt-Tab crash.

Quote Originally Posted by xaphian View Post
    I'm not sure what happened, but I was playing today, and noticed all the trophys on the tables were gone, so I checked my achievements, and it was reset. I checked steam out of game to see if they were there, but they were also gone. I have to start over on achievements. Any idea why this would happen?

edit: When I loaded it up again later, the achievements I had just unlocked again are now gone too. It's not saving the achievements for some reason. This is frustrating because it says 0% for the Fist on Khonshu one on global, and I spent a couple hours on just unlocking that one (not to mention I got my highest score on that same round).
    I haven't had any issues with achievements, but I did notice that some of the ones people have are still marked as 0.0% in the global stats. There were a few that PinballWiz has like that. I'm assuming that's because it uses rounding to the first decimal and < 0.05% of players have it, which I totally believe on the ones I was looking at. 1-3 people out of 9000 or so would check out.

thanks roo, I didn't think of that. That explains at least a part of the issue Still not saving achievements though. OCD is getting the better of me, which is what drives me to get those in the first place. It really sucks! hahaha

Rome bug. The ball jumped out of bounds, just to land where the stairs start. Using the nudge stick rolls it to a hidden area...no way to get it back in play.

For two weeks, my score are not in the general ladder, here is an exemple :

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
    This screen is taken whith command "classement 1 2 3" (Rank 1, 2, 3 in english i suppose)

But if i click on the command "ladder" (classement in french) with the podium image, i don't see my present best score but my 2 weeks ago best score
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Rome is just an exemple, i have the same problem on all the table I bought.
    So someone can explain me that ?

Are you online in Steam or do you play in offline mode?

I play on online mode of course.

I've seen this happening with a few people recently--I'm looking into it!

Had some problems, too. I've been online for about four hours, been playing pinball. Suddenly the scores were gone and the message appeared that I am not online. I changed Steam to offline mode..switched it back to online mode. I was only in Steam, I could search for games, discussions etc. and everything worked but I was still offline in Pinball FX2 only and no scores were shown. I had to restart Steam again and then everything worked. However, I didn't go offline nor did I change the settings of Pinball FX2 or Steam. All of a sudden the online mode of the game was gone and only reappeared after going onlinein Steam a couple of time. It wasn't an Internet connection problem as I was online all the time and everything worked including Steam with the only exception of Pinball FX2 and its online functions (leaderboards, achievements).

Had some problems, too. I've been online for about four hours, been playing pinball. Suddenly the scores were gone and the message appeared that I am not online. I changed Steam to offline mode..switched it back to online mode. I was only in Steam, I could search for games, discussions etc. and everything worked but I was still offline in Pinball FX2 only and no scores were shown. I had to restart Steam again and then everything worked. However, I didn't go offline nor did I change the settings of Pinball FX2 or Steam. All of a sudden the online mode of the game was gone and only reappeared after going onlinein Steam a couple of time. It wasn't an Internet connection problem as I was online all the time and everything worked including Steam with the only exception of Pinball FX2 and its online functions (leaderboards, achievements).
    That is weird... anyone else have this happen? I've been mid-game when Steam decides to update or go offline randomly in other games.

Just a request for a future update..

The ability to resize (within reason) and place the DMD wherever you want (specific for each table) if it's possible devs, please consider including this option.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Miseryguts; 05-31-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    That is weird... anyone else have this happen? I've been mid-game when Steam decides to update or go offline randomly in other games.
    It's probably something you won't want to do, but if you kill the 3 steam exes that are running in the background as soon as FX2 is loaded then Steam won't do it's thing. I setup an AHK script to kill the Steam junk as soon as Pinball FX2 is loaded because it's pop-ups, etc drive me absolutely raving bonkers.

It's probably something you won't want to do, but if you kill the 3 steam exes that are running in the background as soon as FX2 is loaded then Steam won't do it's thing. I setup an AHK script to kill the Steam junk as soon as Pinball FX2 is loaded because it's pop-ups, etc drive me absolutely raving bonkers.
    You can disable all the friend notifications and whatnot in the steam settings as well. I don't like them popping up while I'm playing either.

Default Pasha - magic carpet bug

On Pasha, If you activate the magic carpet when book is closed (it says "Show me your magic carpet driving skills"), the 5 carpet lights start flashing, and then the two turn on. The 5 lights remain stuck in this state for the rest of the game, even if you later activate the magic carpet with book of tales on.

Small issue on Epic Quest: whenever you get the extra ball by hitting the correct hole in the Orcanium, it messes up the music. For example, if the hole also triggered a fight, there will be no music while the fight starts, then after a few seconds it will play cutscene/show music instead of the battle music. Not a big deal, but it's weird to fight in dead silence

It's also annoying that when I get a new epic item with worse stats than my current item, it doesn't seem to light up that item in purple on the table (as I didn't equip it, I guess). I'm never going to equip something that's a downgrade, but this makes it harder to light all 4 purple names and get the 10 million point bonus for doing so. Not a bug, but it "bugs" me.

And while I'm at it...I wish it wouldn't give me items that are laughably bad compared to my current one (like less than 100 when my current one is 500+). It makes me scared to let guests play this table on my account. What if they accidentally make that swap? Especially since it often starts with the worse one selected. I think I could potentially be totally screwed and unable to win any fights to even get decent equipment back. If you could do multiple local profiles or something it wouldn't be a problem. Or if you could play in some sort of guest mode on that table. Obviously I wouldn't want to lose many hours of progess by doing a table reset.

You can disable all the friend notifications and whatnot in the steam settings as well. I don't like them popping up while I'm playing either.
    Thanks Roo

While I was playing today, Steam crashed. I finished a game with a high score but when I went to check the local high score and leaderboard, there was a message indicating that I needed to be signed in. I restarted the game and my high score was not saved. I guess I should be glad that it wasn't a first place high score but some indication that your high score isn't going to be saved because you're no longer connected to Steam would be useful.

Is there a way to move and/or rescale the DMD and all the highscore notifications? On some tables the sit right on top of things that I need to see. For example, it's hard to hit the ball with the top left flipper on Ghost Rider because I don't see the ball until it is already on the flipper as it is covered by the DMD and notifications. Of course, the best solution for me would be to able to place them on my second monitor. For now it would be cool if the notifications were small and on the bottom of the screen. I could look at them when I wanted to. The DMD needs to move because it is cut off on my screen (running off the left side in portrait mode).

Not yet. I turned challenges off so no more overlays that overlap the upper left flipper in Ghost Rider.

Is there a way to move and/or rescale the DMD and all the highscore notifications? On some tables the sit right on top of things that I need to see. For example, it's hard to hit the ball with the top left flipper on Ghost Rider because I don't see the ball until it is already on the flipper as it is covered by the DMD and notifications. Of course, the best solution for me would be to able to place them on my second monitor. For now it would be cool if the notifications were small and on the bottom of the screen. I could look at them when I wanted to. The DMD needs to move because it is cut off on my screen (running off the left side in portrait mode).
    You can go into your options and make the dmd small and move it to the bottom left of your screen and it will put notifications on the bottom right..

Just had a really annoying bug in epic Quest. I finished the Skeleton 2-ball and found an epic item...all purple but I wasn't in the loot kicker. The epic item was displayed and I had to choose between it and my current item but the ball was still in play and landed in the cave where I had to pick one of the monsters. The DMD was still all purple because I hadn't chosen the item yet...the monsters were all purple but although I didn't select an item nor a monster the "ball lost" message was shown and the game ended.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast