X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeanderL
    Pinball Wizard
    • May 2013

Originally posted by Method
    How about an option to disable the characters on licensed tables?

I've only bought the non-licensed tables because they are more like normal pinball. The Star Wars and Marvel tables seem ok, but Boba Fett is flying in front of the play field, shooting at the ball... tie fighters are flying all over shooting lasers... Thanos is messing around in the game, Silver Surfer is zapping him with beams... Green Goblin is flying all over... the Fear Itself table has some chick with a hammer who does acrobatics to get over to the plunger and hit the ball... IT'S TOO MUCH

I might buy the tables if I could disable all the distractions, otherwise I'll stick to the generic tables, since they are a bit more restrained, and closer to normal pinball.
    I don't think it's possible. The 3D action going on is one of the strength of Pinball FX2 . It isn't a realistic pinball simulation but loaded with lots of animations, characters, action going on.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• Roo5676
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Method
      How about an option to disable the characters on licensed tables?

I've only bought the non-licensed tables because they are more like normal pinball. The Star Wars and Marvel tables seem ok, but Boba Fett is flying in front of the play field, shooting at the ball... tie fighters are flying all over shooting lasers... Thanos is messing around in the game, Silver Surfer is zapping him with beams... Green Goblin is flying all over... the Fear Itself table has some chick with a hammer who does acrobatics to get over to the plunger and hit the ball... IT'S TOO MUCH

I might buy the tables if I could disable all the distractions, otherwise I'll stick to the generic tables, since they are a bit more restrained, and closer to normal pinball.
      That's kind of the whole point of the game, though. It's a blend of real pinball mechanics with fantasy elements that cannot exist in real life. Removing the characters would break many of the missions as well. On Empire, you need to launch the ball off the jump without hitting the TIE fighters and meteors. On Spider-man, if Mysterio wasn't there, how would you know which ramp to hit? If Doc Oc wasn't advancing towards you, how would you know how close you were to winning/losing? It would be less fun as well, even if indicators for this stuff was added to the DMD or playfield.

Are you against special balls as well? I think it's fun to light a ball on fire with one target in order to bust ice blocking a ramp, or smash a stone ball against certain targets. The shots and skills needed are basically the same as real pinball, but with more flavor and creativity because they can create anything they want.

Comment

• megar
        • May 2013

I agree that some tables are really over-the-top. I too prefer simpler tables (the Zen Classics and core packs are good examples).
        I like some of the over-the-top tables, though (Ms. Splosion man).

I hope Zen Studios will continue to provide new tables, sometimes really outrageous ones, and sometimes more realistic ones. So far, most of the tables are very good to great, that's noticeable : Zen produce very good work, so continue this way, and continue to satisfy everybody with diversity.
        steam id : megar_3

Comment

• iCub
          • Sep 2012

A couple of other suggestions; not really big issues but something that would be a good thing in future updates...

Include the 5.1 audio from the PS3 version. Table sounds are a lot better on my PS3 than my PC as the PS3 supports full Dolby Digital while the PC version only includes stereo sound (also some sounds come over as a little muffled, particularly table physics sounds).

Add a 720p mode for TV users. Seems an unusual omission when many other resolutions are supported.

The next part is particularly strange, as it only happens over HDMI to my TV and not when displayed on my monitor:-

I am getting severe framerate drops in attract mode. This is especially noticable on the Starwars tables and WW Hulk. It doesn't seem to be affected by dropping the resolution or turning reflections on/off or AA. Disabling the Steam in-game overlay did improve things but did not resolve the issue totally. It is perhaps worth mentioning that this doesn't happen with the Windows 8 version.

Gfx card is Radeon HD 7750
          TV Display @ 1080p 16:9 ratio
          Monitor @ 1680X1050 16:10 ratio
          Running only on one screen at a time with the other disabled.
          Last edited by iCub; 05-13-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• allmodcons
            • Dec 2012

It would be great to have an option to reduce the light/bloom in the tables as there is a lot if 'glare' particularly the ball. It is really overwhelming in a Pincab with a 42" screen. Thanks

Comment

• surf1der
              Pinball Wizard
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by allmodcons
              It would be great to have an option to reduce the light/bloom in the tables as there is a lot if 'glare' particularly the ball. It is really overwhelming in a Pincab with a 42" screen. Thanks
              I would like this as well,if possible.

Comment

• Ooops
                • May 2013

Crash to desktop in Biolab - Table guide

I'm experiencing a crash-to-desktop whenever I'm trying to read page 4 (or 5?) of Biolab's table guide. I've reproduced this multiple times.

I'm running Pinball FX2 (steam) on the following system:
                Windows 8 64 bits
                Intel core i7
                6Gb RAM
                Nvidia Geforce 570

Comment

• Solitude
                  KickBeaten Down
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ooops
                  I'm experiencing a crash-to-desktop whenever I'm trying to read page 4 (or 5?) of Biolab's table guide. I've reproduced this multiple times.

I'm running Pinball FX2 (steam) on the following system:
                  Windows 8 64 bits
                  Intel core i7
                  6Gb RAM
                  Nvidia Geforce 570
                  Table guide and hotseat mode initials entry crashes will be fixed in the first update.

Comment

• DjParagon
                    • Apr 2013

Crash bug

Hey guys, just found a bug that crash the game for me everytime I reproduce it.

It's in the ingame guide for the IronMan table, there is a page that I can't access and trying and visit it crash the game instantly.
                    It's the one between MANDARIN IMPACT BEAM and MANDARIN FLAME-BLAST. I have not tried all my tables but it is working fine on most.

Using Win7 32 and nvidia last drivers. Thanks !

Comment

• snarfo
                      Pinhead
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Praag
                      Totally agree. I also suffer a bug entering the Arena, the ball simply vanished, right flip stay up, nothing i can do except quit the game.
                      Yeah, that's also been an issue with the Windows 8 version of WWH since beta. Still not fixed.

Comment

• Roo5676
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by allmodcons
                        I have to second this again. I did the copter multiball on Moon Knight yesterday, and the balls were so bright you could not even really see where they were. All you could see was a giant blue aura about 2-3 times the size of the ball. It's hard to hit accurate shots if you have to guess where the ball is on the flipper.

I think bloom is a good word for describing this. It's like the bright light overwhelms the virtual camera.

Still thoroughly enjoying this, though!

Comment

• Solitude
                          KickBeaten Down
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by snarfo
                          Yeah, that's also been an issue with the Windows 8 version of WWH since beta. Still not fixed.
                          It's on our list. Somehow, it slipped through the cracks before. Sorry.

Comment

• rooter
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Solitude
                            You can always use a 3rd-party keyboard remapping utility. I am pretty sure there are freeware ones that let you switch keys as you please and use a hotkey combo to revert back to normal when you are done.
                            First, let me say that I love how active you guys are in the user community and how you listen to our feedback. I also really appreciate that cabinet support is eventually coming. However, this is not an elegant solution to the problem. Every key mapping program that I have tested so far requires a reboot after making changes. If I could write a script to remap the keys, start the game, and return them after the game quits, everything would be fine. This solution however, ruins all the controls in my other games and even just normal typing on the keyboard.

Comment

• DjParagon
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by rooter
                              Every key mapping program that I have tested so far requires a reboot after making changes. If I could write a script to remap the keys, start the game, and return them after the game quits, everything would be fine. This solution however, ruins all the controls in my other games and even just normal typing on the keyboard.
                              I am using Joy2Key for almost a decade and never had a problem with it. You can create profiles for any game and switch between them in one click, you can even map keys to your mouse or a joystick (there are even dead zone controls) and do whatever you want. You launch it before your game, you close it after playing or switch to another config and play another game, like The Binding Of Isaac which pretty much requires it as you can't change any key. You can probably create a script that will launch Joy2Key, then launch the game, so you don't even have to bother with it.

Comment

• Roo5676
                                • Sep 2011

Keyboard emulation/remapping works well enough (I'm using Xpadder with success). The real challenge is that the only way to do analog plunger input is by emulating an Xbox 360 controller. I'm using a program for that, but it's buggy and even when it does work, it still has some issues. I posted about it here.

Having good analog plunger control is very important for skillshots, especially on BioLab where there's a skillshot-based mission.

Comment

Working...