X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allmodcons
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
    That is weird... anyone else have this happen? I've been mid-game when Steam decides to update or go offline randomly in other games.
    It's probably something you won't want to do, but if you kill the 3 steam exes that are running in the background as soon as FX2 is loaded then Steam won't do it's thing. I setup an AHK script to kill the Steam junk as soon as Pinball FX2 is loaded because it's pop-ups, etc drive me absolutely raving bonkers.

Comment

• Roo5676
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by allmodcons
      It's probably something you won't want to do, but if you kill the 3 steam exes that are running in the background as soon as FX2 is loaded then Steam won't do it's thing. I setup an AHK script to kill the Steam junk as soon as Pinball FX2 is loaded because it's pop-ups, etc drive me absolutely raving bonkers.
      You can disable all the friend notifications and whatnot in the steam settings as well. I don't like them popping up while I'm playing either.

Comment

• ift
        • Jun 2013

Pasha - magic carpet bug

On Pasha, If you activate the magic carpet when book is closed (it says "Show me your magic carpet driving skills"), the 5 carpet lights start flashing, and then the two turn on. The 5 lights remain stuck in this state for the rest of the game, even if you later activate the magic carpet with book of tales on.

Comment

• Roo5676
          • Sep 2011

Small issue on Epic Quest: whenever you get the extra ball by hitting the correct hole in the Orcanium, it messes up the music. For example, if the hole also triggered a fight, there will be no music while the fight starts, then after a few seconds it will play cutscene/show music instead of the battle music. Not a big deal, but it's weird to fight in dead silence

It's also annoying that when I get a new epic item with worse stats than my current item, it doesn't seem to light up that item in purple on the table (as I didn't equip it, I guess). I'm never going to equip something that's a downgrade, but this makes it harder to light all 4 purple names and get the 10 million point bonus for doing so. Not a bug, but it "bugs" me.

And while I'm at it...I wish it wouldn't give me items that are laughably bad compared to my current one (like less than 100 when my current one is 500+). It makes me scared to let guests play this table on my account. What if they accidentally make that swap? Especially since it often starts with the worse one selected. I think I could potentially be totally screwed and unable to win any fights to even get decent equipment back. If you could do multiple local profiles or something it wouldn't be a problem. Or if you could play in some sort of guest mode on that table. Obviously I wouldn't want to lose many hours of progess by doing a table reset.

Comment

• allmodcons
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Roo5676
            You can disable all the friend notifications and whatnot in the steam settings as well. I don't like them popping up while I'm playing either.
            Thanks Roo

Comment

• GipsonLens
              • May 2013

While I was playing today, Steam crashed. I finished a game with a high score but when I went to check the local high score and leaderboard, there was a message indicating that I needed to be signed in. I restarted the game and my high score was not saved. I guess I should be glad that it wasn't a first place high score but some indication that your high score isn't going to be saved because you're no longer connected to Steam would be useful.

Comment

• rooter
                • Mar 2012

Is there a way to move and/or rescale the DMD and all the highscore notifications? On some tables the sit right on top of things that I need to see. For example, it's hard to hit the ball with the top left flipper on Ghost Rider because I don't see the ball until it is already on the flipper as it is covered by the DMD and notifications. Of course, the best solution for me would be to able to place them on my second monitor. For now it would be cool if the notifications were small and on the bottom of the screen. I could look at them when I wanted to. The DMD needs to move because it is cut off on my screen (running off the left side in portrait mode).

Comment

• LeanderL
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • May 2013

Not yet. I turned challenges off so no more overlays that overlap the upper left flipper in Ghost Rider.
                  http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• LoadedWeapon
                    Pinhead
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by rooter
                    Is there a way to move and/or rescale the DMD and all the highscore notifications? On some tables the sit right on top of things that I need to see. For example, it's hard to hit the ball with the top left flipper on Ghost Rider because I don't see the ball until it is already on the flipper as it is covered by the DMD and notifications. Of course, the best solution for me would be to able to place them on my second monitor. For now it would be cool if the notifications were small and on the bottom of the screen. I could look at them when I wanted to. The DMD needs to move because it is cut off on my screen (running off the left side in portrait mode).
                    You can go into your options and make the dmd small and move it to the bottom left of your screen and it will put notifications on the bottom right..

Comment

• LeanderL
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • May 2013

Just had a really annoying bug in epic Quest. I finished the Skeleton 2-ball and found an epic item...all purple but I wasn't in the loot kicker. The epic item was displayed and I had to choose between it and my current item but the ball was still in play and landed in the cave where I had to pick one of the monsters. The DMD was still all purple because I hadn't chosen the item yet...the monsters were all purple but although I didn't select an item nor a monster the "ball lost" message was shown and the game ended.

Comment

• LeanderL
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • May 2013

I don't know if this is a bug or the table is supposed to work like that...Boba Fett is extremely fast...especially the lanes left and right of the flippers. You can hardly aim.

The rumble feedback with my XBOX360 controller is strange, too. Seems as if some parts have been forgotten.
                        Last edited by LeanderL; 06-05-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• s-carnegie
                          • Aug 2011

I know what you mean about the speed of BF. At times I have to hold flipper up to let the ball transfer to opposite flipper. If I just shoot at the 80mph speed its usally a risk that leads to a lost ball. For sure one of the more challenging tables, extra balls are rare also. If you dont mind your scores not going to leader boards adjust the slope of the table to slow it down. I tried that before along with adding more balls in the options just so I could play the 80m missions. It helps a ton, but local scores only get posted. cheers

Comment

• Fpala
                            • Apr 2013

Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1)

Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1) ?

I don't play anymore with this steam version: All the sounds in game are in my center speaker (except the sounds of the interface)
                            In the ps3 version, the sounds are well distributed, musical themes for each table are in the others speakers, this is so much better...

I will not buy on steam any tables until the problem is resolved...

Do you know that there are people who have home cinema in 2013, i am not the only one with on steam, i hope...

Thanks very much to awser me finally, third posts and no response from: Corrects sounds in game are not very important for you, that it is sad...

Comment

• Roo5676
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by LeanderL
                              I don't know if this is a bug or the table is supposed to work like that...Boba Fett is extremely fast...especially the lanes left and right of the flippers. You can hardly aim.
                              The way it returns the ball into the inlane is just fast because it drops it straight down. Just wait until they release Civil War - that one has some ball returns that bypass the inlanes and dumps the ball right on the flippers. That really catches you off guard.

Comment

• shogun00
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by LeanderL
                                It's normal! It's just the way the table is designed. It's the same on the PS3 and Vita versions. I personally rely heavily on nudge passing and bounce (dead flipper) passing to get the ball under control on this table.

Comment

Working...