Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX 2 - bugs/issues and recommendations

I don't know if this is a bug or the table is supposed to work like that...Boba Fett is extremely fast...especially the lanes left and right of the flippers. You can hardly aim.

The rumble feedback with my XBOX360 controller is strange, too. Seems as if some parts have been forgotten.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 06-05-2013 at 02:08 AM.

I know what you mean about the speed of BF. At times I have to hold flipper up to let the ball transfer to opposite flipper. If I just shoot at the 80mph speed its usally a risk that leads to a lost ball. For sure one of the more challenging tables, extra balls are rare also. If you dont mind your scores not going to leader boards adjust the slope of the table to slow it down. I tried that before along with adding more balls in the options just so I could play the 80m missions. It helps a ton, but local scores only get posted. cheers

Default Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1)

Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1) ?

I don't play anymore with this steam version: All the sounds in game are in my center speaker (except the sounds of the interface)
    In the ps3 version, the sounds are well distributed, musical themes for each table are in the others speakers, this is so much better...

I will not buy on steam any tables until the problem is resolved...

Do you know that there are people who have home cinema in 2013, i am not the only one with on steam, i hope...

Thanks very much to awser me finally, third posts and no response from: Corrects sounds in game are not very important for you, that it is sad...

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or the table is supposed to work like that...Boba Fett is extremely fast...especially the lanes left and right of the flippers. You can hardly aim.
    The way it returns the ball into the inlane is just fast because it drops it straight down. Just wait until they release Civil War - that one has some ball returns that bypass the inlanes and dumps the ball right on the flippers. That really catches you off guard.

It's normal! It's just the way the table is designed. It's the same on the PS3 and Vita versions. I personally rely heavily on nudge passing and bounce (dead flipper) passing to get the ball under control on this table.

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedWeapon View Post
    You can go into your options and make the dmd small and move it to the bottom left of your screen and it will put notifications on the bottom right..
    Thanks! I had checked the options for this when I first got the game and didn't see them. They either added this in an update or I am an unobservant knucklehead.

Steam achievements: the German version has a Spanish description for the Star Wars table.

Quote Originally Posted by Fpala View Post
    Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1) ?

I don't play anymore with this steam version: All the sounds in game are in my center speaker (except the sounds of the interface)
    In the ps3 version, the sounds are well distributed, musical themes for each table are in the others speakers, this is so much better...

I will not buy on steam any tables until the problem is resolved...

Do you know that there are people who have home cinema in 2013, i am not the only one with on steam, i hope...

Thanks very much to awser me finally, third posts and no response from: Corrects sounds in game are not very important for you, that it is sad...
    I've not heard any other reports of this but I'll make sure the team is aware.

Steam achievements: the German version has a Spanish description for the Star Wars table.
    Hahaha wow! Thanks for the report!

More smaller mistakes:

1) Biolab: the instructions of the minigame in which you have to feed or cheer up the creature are in English (German version)
    2) Biolab: left tube/ramp not visible, image not shown (already reported by other players)

I didn't really pay attention until Fpala mentioned it but there does seem to be something wrong with the audio mix. It sounds as if it's in mono. It's easily noticeable when comparing it to a YouTube video of a console version. The left flipper sound comes from the left speaker and so forth.

My first post on this board so hello all

I just wanted to add that I’m experiencing the same sound problem as GipsonLens and Fpala.
    I own all the tables and on some it’s worse than others.
    On Spiderman it’s hardly noticeable but it’s immediately apparent on Rome.

I hope you’re able to fix it ‘cause I really love that table.
    Actually, I love almost all off the tables.
    Great, great game you made Zen.
    Best pinball video game I’ve ever played.

BTW
    Are you aware that the Steam forum of the game is down?
    I tried to access the board a few times this afternoon but I got re-directed to the store page.
    I can reach the forums of my other games just fine and my last visit to the FX2 forum was last night.
    No problems then.

Hello, MuddyWolf. Welcome! I don't know what's up with the steam forum. I've tried to access it myself, but it's not working.

More smaller mistakes:

1) Biolab: the instructions of the minigame in which you have to feed or cheer up the creature are in English (German version)
    2) Biolab: left tube/ramp not visible, image not shown (already reported by other players)
    I reported the invisible left tube twice already. It's so annoying! I can't even play that table because of that!

Yep--for some reason the Steam forums are "hidden to users" but I can still see it. Looks like we'll have to call Valve and see what's up. Thanks for the reports!

Is there any plans to put an option into Epic Quest so that the table doesn't level up?
    That idea goes against the concept of pinball, the playing field is not level, and I am loathe to even record my high-scores because quite frankly I don't feel that I've earnt it, because most of the work was done on my previous attempts.
    Please remove this feature or allow those of us who like tables to be fair to be able to play it normally.
    This was really, really, not one of you guys better ideas. And thats putting it politely.
    Last edited by tizerist; 06-10-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tizerist View Post
    Is there any plans to put an option into Epic Quest so that the table doesn't level up?
    That idea goes against the concept of pinball, the playing field is not level, and I am loathe to even record my high-scores because quite frankly I don't feel that I've earnt it, because most of the work was done on my previous attempts.
    Please remove this feature or allow those of us who like tables to be fair to be able to play it normally.
    This was really, really, not one of you guys better ideas. And thats putting it politely.
    Well obviously people are split on this. I've heard a lot of people say they love the leveling concept and want to see it more. I do like the table a lot -- it's a unique and fun concept -- but I agree the scores are skewed based on how much you've played and I wouldn't want to see it used across the board, either (which I doubt they are planning).

I don't know how they would be able to remove or change anything on it at this point, either. What would you do, lock you to a certain level or something? What level? 1? You're not going to get any high scores then. 100? People would say that wasn't fair. And what equipment would you have? That affects the monster fights.

Just play the table for fun and don't worry about the score so much (there are tons of other tables for that). I wouldn't expect it to be a tournament table or anything.

Yep I would say just play and have fun.. Epic Quest is more of an arcade game than pinball and I myself love the concept.. I really don't care about high scores I just play it when I can and enjoy them all very much..

Epic Quest is great the way it is. It resembles an RPG with level ups and disabling XP would rip the heart out as the table is all about character progression, fighting monsters and loot. There are many other tables without the level ups so there's a fun table for all personal likes and dislikes.

Ok I'm sorrY if that sounded a bit blunt, I agree, it is awesome. Yeah I dunno, perhaps an option to lock at a level. It would take a lifetime to reach the real goodies, but....the playing field would be more fairly balanced.
    The whole concept of 'those three balls' is a bit skewed otherwise.
    Last edited by tizerist; 06-10-2013 at 06:56 PM.

I would like an option to improve the resolution of the reflections as they seem a little blocky; this may have been mentioned elsewhere before..

I would also appreciate more camera angles and the ability to move the DMD to a second display.

Have all the tables on the 360 and appear to have bought them all again for Steam. Looking forward to more tables soon ...

For those with bloom issues, SweetFX will sort this out for you

Feature request:

Bouncier rubbers and flippers to make gameplay closer to real pinball. I don't care if I cannot post scores with this setting. If this could be added to a pro-mode which also increases the flipper gap this would be most welcomed, and would make me quad re-buy the tables for my XP steam setup.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Feature request:

Bouncier rubbers and flippers to make gameplay closer to real pinball. I don't care if I cannot post scores with this setting. If this could be added to a pro-mode which also increases the flipper gap this would be most welcomed, and would make me quad re-buy the tables for my XP steam setup.
    I am always trying to use as many bouncier rubbers as possible on my tables. I love them, it makes the table more like a real one. Try the Star Wars: Episode V for example

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    I am always trying to use as many bouncier rubbers as possible on my tables. I love them, it makes the table more like a real one. Try the Star Wars: Episode V for example
    That is interesting to know that the table designers have the choice for these settings rather than it being a Zen policy, and it does explain why some tables feel better (in my opinion) than others. I play your Star Wars table often in my cabinet as it is one of the better ones and I really like the uncluttered layout.

Cheers

It turns out you can reset the Epic Quest table by clearing all audits in th operators menu. So that, fixes my only complaint about it really. (About it levelling up)

Default VERY upset right now

Ok moderators, please give me some good news here. I love pinball fx2. My family and I have been playing a lot this past month on my cabinet. I have purchased ALL of the tables. We have logged a large amount of local high scores on all of the tables.

Today when I opened up fx2 the playfield monitor was in the default 0 degree orientation so I knew something was wrong. I went into the settings and found that all of the defaults were selected. I changed everything back to my personal preferences including 270 on the orientation. Then I realized that ALL of the local high scores are gone. ALL OF THEM!

This is completely unacceptable. Please tell me where these local high scores are stored so that I can find them. There must be a file somewhere that can be accessed.

This exact thing happened soon after the fx2 update which enabled the screen rotation, but I didn't think much of it because I hadn't logged a bunch of local high scores at that time.

I'm running a high end rig in my cab with windows 8 and all quality gear.

Earlier this morning I rolled back my nvidia drivers to a previous version in an attempt to remove ball stutter on future pinball but that should have nothing to do with pinball fx2 and the stored preferences or stored high scores, RIGHT??

Please help out.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Imagamejunky View Post
    Ok moderators, please give me some good news here. I love pinball fx2. My family and I have been playing a lot this past month on my cabinet. I have purchased ALL of the tables. We have logged a large amount of local high scores on all of the tables.

Today when I opened up fx2 the playfield monitor was in the default 0 degree orientation so I knew something was wrong. I went into the settings and found that all of the defaults were selected. I changed everything back to my personal preferences including 270 on the orientation. Then I realized that ALL of the local high scores are gone. ALL OF THEM!

This is completely unacceptable. Please tell me where these local high scores are stored so that I can find them. There must be a file somewhere that can be accessed.

This exact thing happened soon after the fx2 update which enabled the screen rotation, but I didn't think much of it because I hadn't logged a bunch of local high scores at that time.

I'm running a high end rig in my cab with windows 8 and all quality gear.

Earlier this morning I rolled back my nvidia drivers to a previous version in an attempt to remove ball stutter on future pinball but that should have nothing to do with pinball fx2 and the stored preferences or stored high scores, RIGHT??

Please help out.
    Nick
    Oh NOOOOO! I will check into it--so sorry to hear this

One more problem that I have experienced a few times now.
    Sometimes fx2 will load up and play but it will remain in OFFLINE mode even though I am connected to the Internet and can access the steam store

Default The plot thickens... And I'm not happy

Ok Barbie (and everyone else),

I did a little more "beta testing". This is what I found.

If I boot up my PC and connect to the internet and then load up fx2 then the last used preferences are loaded up accurately (such as the 270 screen orientation).

If I boot up my PC and then try to play fx2 with NO INTERNET connection then I am greeted with a pop-up screen that reads "We hope you are enjoying Pinball FX2 on Steam, thank you for your support......." and the horrible part is that ALL of my preferences are missing. All of the defaults are selected (such as 0 degree orientation). This is exactly how it happened this morning when I booted up and found that all of my local high scores had been erased.

This is ridiculous. I will not connect to the internet every time I want to play pinball. I should be able to play without an internet connection at all. Furthermore, regardless of internet connection, my local high scores MUST be saved!! Please tell me and everyone else for that matter that the local high scores are truly LOCAL, and not stored on the steam servers. If an internet connection is going to be required in order to save preferences or high scores then I will kindly request a full refund of the $62 I spent on all of these tables.

What is really strange is that I have played before with no internet connection and my local high scores were there. So something has drastically changed.

Thanks
    Nick

That's what happens when you add Steam into the equation. It's an unnecessary necessary evil.

Ok Barbie (and everyone else),

I did a little more "beta testing". This is what I found.

If I boot up my PC and connect to the internet and then load up fx2 then the last used preferences are loaded up accurately (such as the 270 screen orientation).

If I boot up my PC and then try to play fx2 with NO INTERNET connection then I am greeted with a pop-up screen that reads "We hope you are enjoying Pinball FX2 on Steam, thank you for your support......." and the horrible part is that ALL of my preferences are missing. All of the defaults are selected (such as 0 degree orientation). This is exactly how it happened this morning when I booted up and found that all of my local high scores had been erased.

This is ridiculous. I will not connect to the internet every time I want to play pinball. I should be able to play without an internet connection at all. Furthermore, regardless of internet connection, my local high scores MUST be saved!! Please tell me and everyone else for that matter that the local high scores are truly LOCAL, and not stored on the steam servers. If an internet connection is going to be required in order to save preferences or high scores then I will kindly request a full refund of the $62 I spent on all of these tables.

What is really strange is that I have played before with no internet connection and my local high scores were there. So something has drastically changed.

Thanks
    Nick
    I checked with the team, c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<userid>\226980\remote\ contains the actual profile data

Let me know if you still have issues!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I checked with the team, c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<userid>\226980\remote\ contains the actual profile data

Let me know if you still have issues!
    I appreciate you trying to help. But unfortunately this doesn't help.

In the folder you listed I found

Profile.dat which shows a modification date of today 6/19.
    And
    A savegames folder which holds individual folders for only 4 tables (not all of them). But even these 4 tables don't have my local high scores saved when I open fx2.

My settings are still not saving without an internet connection. Why is this? I shouldn't have to select 270 orientation for example every time I play. Please address this.
    Thanks

KickBeaten Down

I appreciate you trying to help. But unfortunately this doesn't help.

In the folder you listed I found

Profile.dat which shows a modification date of today 6/19.
    And
    A savegames folder which holds individual folders for only 4 tables (not all of them). But even these 4 tables don't have my local high scores saved when I open fx2.

My settings are still not saving without an internet connection. Why is this? I shouldn't have to select 270 orientation for example every time I play. Please address this.
    Thanks
    Have you tried enabling Offline mode and disabling Cloud saves?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    For the record, I was having issues with my internet dropping out periodically for about a week and I never had any problems with settings or local scores on PBFX2 that I was aware of. I think a few times the game hung for 5-10 seconds when the internet dropped out while playing. But I was able to continue playing offline.

As for starting the game when offline, it may be best to use Steam's offline mode. But make sure you exit cleanly: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2637550

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    90% of the time when I load up pinball fx2 it is in offline mode by default because I don't usually connect my pinball cab to the Internet. And both checkboxes under the cloud tab are unchecked in steam settings.

How are we supposed to play and save our settings and scores while offline? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    For the record, I was having issues with my internet dropping out periodically for about a week and I never had any problems with settings or local scores on PBFX2 that I was aware of. I think a few times the game hung for 5-10 seconds when the internet dropped out while playing. But I was able to continue playing offline.

As for starting the game when offline, it may be best to use Steam's offline mode. But make sure you exit cleanly: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2637550

Thanks Roo. I am exiting cleanly each time.

I wish you would have problems with your local scores. I'm tired of chasing your high scores on every single table!

I've been experiencing two different issues where the balls are completely stuck on the Spiderman table. I have video recorded of the second but not the first.

First ball stuck issue happens randomly when hitting the skill shot increase slot just above the bumpers. Sometimes it will just get jammed and act like its shooting it out over and over and nothing i do will get it out. (tilting). I tried to get video of that but i haven't been able to capture it happening.

Second ball stuck issue was after i got the second ball out of the upper area. I had two balls running for awhile and activated the goblin multiball as well. One of the bombs was launched up into the house and then into the ball hold pin. For the rest of play after they exploded it was empty. Later in play my ball was put into the ball lock area up top. No way to get it out and only ball in play. I have video of this that i can put up later if need be.

I'm running at 1920x1080 at about 60fps. I can put up a more detailed spec sheet if need be.

I really like this game and this is one of my favorite tables. If these issues could be fixed that would be amazing!

Would someone from Zen give me an official response to my problems please?
    Officially, do we have to maintain an internet connection to save our settings and local high scores? Is this a problem with windows 8?
    Will you please assist me in trying to fix this?
    If not, will you please give me a full refund?
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Reluix View Post
    I've been experiencing two different issues where the balls are completely stuck on the Spiderman table. I have video recorded of the second but not the first.

First ball stuck issue happens randomly when hitting the skill shot increase slot just above the bumpers. Sometimes it will just get jammed and act like its shooting it out over and over and nothing i do will get it out. (tilting). I tried to get video of that but i haven't been able to capture it happening.

Second ball stuck issue was after i got the second ball out of the upper area. I had two balls running for awhile and activated the goblin multiball as well. One of the bombs was launched up into the house and then into the ball hold pin. For the rest of play after they exploded it was empty. Later in play my ball was put into the ball lock area up top. No way to get it out and only ball in play. I have video of this that i can put up later if need be.

I'm running at 1920x1080 at about 60fps. I can put up a more detailed spec sheet if need be.

I really like this game and this is one of my favorite tables. If these issues could be fixed that would be amazing!
    Thanks for the report!

Would someone from Zen give me an official response to my problems please?
    Officially, do we have to maintain an internet connection to save our settings and local high scores? Is this a problem with windows 8?
    Will you please assist me in trying to fix this?
    If not, will you please give me a full refund?
    Nick
    You shouldn't have to maintain a connection. We weren't able to reproduce the problem, but it seems to be an issue with the Steam Cloud. With today's update, the game will also save a backup profile and will load it back in case Steam’s is not available for any reason. So going forward you should not run into this issue.

Barbie, please take a look at this screenshot. The arrow next to "Tesla" looks damaged. It looks strange imo...if you hover this "something" the back arrow is displayed but without hovering it it looks odd. It's like that in all tables (not just in "Tesla").

http://abload.de/img/2013-05-12_00001u6upj.jpg
    This bug is still in the game. Sometimes the icon looks odd. Hovering the icon works but the other icon is damaged. Not just Tesla, it occurs on all tables.

This bug is still in the game. Sometimes the icon looks odd. Hovering the icon works but the other icon is damaged. Not just Tesla, it occurs on all tables.
    I have this too:

Yes, this is what I have too. It's not a big deal but it shouldn't be difficult to fix. Please forward it to your devs, Barbie.
    When the bug occurs all tables are affected. Quitting and launching Pinball FX2 again normally fixes the issue. I haven't found out yet what causes this bug.

Question Performance drops with reflections on.

Hello, i get big performance drops after every ball launch, ball transitions and when camera moves from flippers to launch pad and vice versa.
    After some time, less than a minute usually the game starts running smoothly again. This is most noticeable on the older tables especially El Dorado, Sorcerer's Lab and completely absent on the newer tables like Star Wars and Avengers.

I play at 1920x1200 on i5 750, GTX 570 320.18, win 8

Edit: Looks like the problem isn't the ball launch itself, but the camera zoom when the ball is launched and only on El Dorado and Sorcerer's Lair. V12 just have some random frame rate drops.
    Last edited by Ipos; 06-22-2013 at 10:24 AM.

The new tables are great!

Once suggestion though; Camera 2 on Paranormal is pulled back a lot further than other tables. Under normal play quite a bit of the backglass playfield at the rear of the table is visible in Camera 2, and although stuff does happen there, unless you're playing that portion of the table you don't need to see it. This results in the table being a bit smaller on screen. If it's at all possible, could you adjust Camera 2 on this table to it's zoomed in more, removing the chunk of backglass at the top you don't need to see.

I made a quick mock-up of the way it looks now, versus how it could look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipos View Post
    Hello, i get big performance drops after every ball launch, ball transitions and when camera moves from flippers to launch pad and vice versa.
    After some time, less than a minute usually the game starts running smoothly again. This is most noticeable on the older tables especially El Dorado, Sorcerer's Lab and completely absent on the newer tables like Star Wars and Avengers.

I play at 1920x1200 on i5 750, GTX 570 320.18, win 8

Edit: Looks like the problem isn't the ball launch itself, but the camera zoom when the ball is launched and only on El Dorado and Sorcerer's Lair. V12 just have some random frame rate drops.
    Right, reflections are kind of a known issue for this kind of stuff. I turned them off and it fixed it and I haven't missed them at all. I had it mostly at certain times, like that same spot with the El Dorado camera pan.

Hey guys

I am aswell experiencing terrible framerate drops on the new Sorcerer’s Lair table. It only happens at the launch of each ball for about thirty seconds more or less, and in every minigame. It is the only table where it is too obvious to not notice it. Every other table I've played works perfectly with no FPS changes.

Also FRAPS can't tell the difference, weirdly, it keeps showing 60 FPS when it is clearly less than 30 FPS.

However, as for many other players, this problem is solved by turning reflection OFF in the options.

yea its wierd I have 2 computers almost the same I5 clocked at 4.2 16gig memory but the one in my cab has a 560ti and my desktop a 660 2gb card same nvidia drivers installed... My desktop never studders with reflections on but my cab does especially with multiball... a 560ti should be more than enough to play these games...

Sometimes the ball saver on Sorcerer's Lair is rather a ball killer. I started a new game, launched the ball, drained the ball after seconds. Ball saved! It was automatically launched again but the ball saver kicks the ball to the bumper lane...and sometimes the left bumper kicks the ball into the left drain...so I both lost the ball and the saved ball (ball saver) within seconds.

Thanks for the reports!

Barbie, is it normal that there is only 1 multiball camera available on Paranormal? (view 2...but all other tables have 1, 1 wide or 2)

Barbie and others.
    I'm happy to report that the latest update has fixed the problems I was having. My settings and local high scores are saving correctly in both online and offline modes now.
    Thank you zen team!

Barbie and others.
    I'm happy to report that the latest update has fixed the problems I was having. My settings and local high scores are saving correctly in both online and offline modes now.
    Thank you zen team!
    Awesome!

I was playing Fear Itself and in the Greithoth game mode. There was sort of a super vortex that pulled the balls together (it seemed stronger than when the two balls normally get stuck together and spin in the middle), then both flippers stopped working (as they normally would) and the balls drained. After this happened no new ball game out, the game just sits there doing nothing. I quilt the table, came back in, and the game is stuck in the same state. I can of course just start a new game, but I thought I would post the bug here in case I can email a saved game file for someone to test with.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be possible to just leave the table and save your game every few minutes, then find the file and copy it somewhere? Any time you have a really hot ball one, you could always start the table from that point. Seems like cheating would be pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be possible to just leave the table and save your game every few minutes, then find the file and copy it somewhere? Any time you have a really hot ball one, you could always start the table from that point. Seems like cheating would be pretty easy.
    I'd thought that too. Hopefully something will be / already is implemented to ensure that doesn't happen.

Blade table is too bright after the update, some parts of table that were red before, now are pink. Fix that ASAP!!! Also, Sorcerers Lair table is too bright in comparison to console versions. I was playing at my friends house on PS3 and it's a bit darker then PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    Blade table is too bright after the update, some parts of table that were red before, now are pink. Fix that ASAP!!! Also, Sorcerers Lair table is too bright in comparison to console versions. I was playing at my friends house on PS3 and it's a bit darker then PC version.
    For me the tables are way too bright and I wish we could control it from within the game. I ended installing SweetFX that someone recommended. It basically allows you to change dozens of DirectX settings to tone down bloom, brightness, contrast, etc. Otherwise wear sunglasses when playing. I did for a while.

I found Pinball FX2 a short time ago and played it a little bit. Physics are really nice, especially the ball movement looks very realistic. But the slingshots are all way too weak - this is totally unrealistic. I know no pinball machine with slingshots THAT weak!

As I'm also a cab user I really want to see that the DMD could be placed on another monitor (in my case 3rd). As most cab users have the DMD-monitor mounted in different ways I would recommend a freely moveable DMD to place it on the right position.

And it would be cool to have a backglass for each table. Same as above, same as on a real cabinet.

Freely selectable keys for control would be also very nice.

All other things seem to be ok for now - but maybe I'll find something more to say in future...

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post
    I found Pinball FX2 a short time ago and played it a little bit. Physics are really nice, especially the ball movement looks very realistic. But the slingshots are all way too weak - this is totally unrealistic. I know no pinball machine with slingshots THAT weak!

As I'm also a cab user I really want to see that the DMD could be placed on another monitor (in my case 3rd). As most cab users have the DMD-monitor mounted in different ways I would recommend a freely moveable DMD to place it on the right position.

And it would be cool to have a backglass for each table. Same as above, same as on a real cabinet.

Freely selectable keys for control would be also very nice.

All other things seem to be ok for now - but maybe I'll find something more to say in future...
    Hey Clark, I think I recognize you from vpforums. Take a look at the cabinet thread here. I think movable DMD and re-mappable controls are two of the most requested changes (even for desktop users) right now.

As for slingshots, that's one of the things they do to design their tables for "home play" as opposed to real-life tables that have to eat your quarters at a reasonable rate to pay for themselves. Weaker slingshots, closer flippers, "older" rubbers, etc. You'll find that your games last longer with less cheap drains, but that means they can make complex, deep missions and modes. Neil actually had a nice post on Steam about it...maybe I'll dig that up later.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post
    But the slingshots are all way too weak - this is totally unrealistic. I know no pinball machine with slingshots THAT weak!
    This was done intentional. Zen wants the tables to be easy for the beginners, so they shrunk the gap between the flippers and made the slingshots weak. With the weak slingshots the ball rarely gets flung into the outlanes.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    For me the tables are way too bright and I wish we could control it from within the game. I ended installing SweetFX that someone recommended. It basically allows you to change dozens of DirectX settings to tone down bloom, brightness, contrast, etc. Otherwise wear sunglasses when playing. I did for a while.
    Thanks! I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    This was done intentional. Zen wants the tables to be easy for the beginners, so they shrunk the gap between the flippers and made the slingshots weak. With the weak slingshots the ball rarely gets flung into the outlanes.
    Then there should be a "Pro"-setting with regular slingshots. At the moment the slingshots are that weak that it even too easy for beginners. That's really not a challenge at all...

You can change table settings but then your scores wont be posted..

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedWeapon View Post
    You can change table settings but then your scores wont be posted..
    The slingshots can also be adjusted?

Default stuck balls suggestion

I see there are quite a few cases of stuck balls. I had this happen last night in Spiderman (on my best game ever btw, very first ball with 3 extra balls saved up, Jameson event at level 46 grrr! My best so far is lvl 81). I wasn't concentrating but the ball went somewhere on the right of the playfield and then disappeared (stuck/lost). Tilt couldn't work (nor end the current ball), nor could exiting (auto-save) and re-entering, or starting a different table and going back to Spiderman, or completely exiting and re-entering Pinball FX 2.

Also: I installed steam on my laptop to test it out to see if it was localised to a single machine. Started up Pinball FX 2, selected Spiderman single player mode and there was a cloud save of spiderman so I hit resume then the game immediately crashed. Started the game up again on my laptop, table started without crashing ... but ... the saved game was gone. Gone on my main PC as well.

A brother of mine who has the game also said he's had a ball stuck/lost on Rome.

Very annoying but it made me think of real pinball tables and I have a suggestion: Some kind of ball search mode if the ball gets stuck and if it can't "find" the ball a new one appears.

Or at the very least - and yes this is designing a feature purely for people who experience a bug - having an option (with a confirmation dialogue box) that will basically "tilt" the table, giving the effect of a ball out, and refreshing the playfield. No advantage is given to a player for doing this.

I recommend handling stuck balls this way.

have a "call attendant" choice.

To prevent abuse. it will

a) disable all ball savers
    b) nudge the table all directions without a tilt (freeing any balls that can be freed by a nudge)
    c) force the flippers down for 30 seconds.

If the balls do not drain during these 30 seconds, then the following happens.

a) Multiball is ended if it's in progress
    b) all balls on table are deleted.
    c) a ball is place din the plunger lane.

If they DO drain, ball over for trying to abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipos View Post
    Go into the Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Pick/add Pinball FX2 -> Set "maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1.

Problem fixed.

To the devs:

1) Can you fix the bug described above? I'd guess that 99% of people with Nvidia cards will just think that the game engine is slow and not buy the game. I nearly didn't until I googled for this fix.

2) Please have an option to choose bloom intensity, or disable it at least. It makes the table elements much harder to spot in tables that have many different colors, like Biolab.

PS - Awesome game. It's been many, many years since I got addicted to a video pinball game, and I've played almost every good one since the 90s.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Default Real Plunger Trouble

I've had the real plunger on my pincab (Nanotech Pinball Wizard kit) working since launch using the x360ce software to emulate the right trigger of an Xbox 360 controller. This works perfectly for moving the onscreen plunger when pulling it back, but has always been flaky when releasing the plunger to launch the ball. More often than not I have to manually move the plunger in with my hand, rather than just releasing it. Otherwise it doesn't launch it, it usually just shakes the ball a little or shoots it 1-2 inches.

Well I think I finally have a theory on what the problem is. It seems like there is a maximum speed at which it will accept the input to launch the ball - if you do it too fast, it won't recognize it. If I manually move the plunger in slowly, I get an underpowered shot like you would expect. If I do it as fast as I can, it doesn't launch the ball - same as when releasing it on its own. But if - like Goldilocks - I do it just right (quick but not too quick), I get a nice full power launch.

Now it's probably impossible to hit this limit by pulling and releasing an Xbox 360 controller's stick or trigger, but a real spring-loaded plunger is very fast when you release it.

If this could be investigated, I would greatly appreciate it. Right now skillshot-based missions are pretty frustrating (Captain America, BioLab, GhostRider).

Default Controller lag on PC?

Hi!

I'm making the switch from 360 to PC, and when i play Pinball FX 2 with my wireless 360-pad i get the feeling that the response is a little slower on the PC-version. Something i have not noticed in other games.

I have played A LOT of PBFX 2 on 360 so i'm really used to that feeling. It could ofcourse be something that's just inside my head.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it me who's crazy? All I wanted was a Pepsi(and pinball).

Quote Originally Posted by spett View Post
    Hi!

I'm making the switch from 360 to PC, and when i play Pinball FX 2 with my wireless 360-pad i get the feeling that the response is a little slower on the PC-version. Something i have not noticed in other games.

I have played A LOT of PBFX 2 on 360 so i'm really used to that feeling. It could ofcourse be something that's just inside my head.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it me who's crazy? All I wanted was a Pepsi(and pinball).
    There are some suggestions here, let me know if they work or not

There are some suggestions here, let me know if they work or not
    Turning off v-sync and changing pre-rendered frames to 1 as adviced in that thread made the input-response silky fast(?) again! Highly recommended for all PC pinball fx-players.

I believe a v-sync on/off-settings in the game would make this problem even easier for people to fix. Something for a feature-wishlist maybe.

Thank you so much for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by spett View Post
    Turning off v-sync and changing pre-rendered frames to 1 as adviced in that thread made the input-response silky fast(?) again! Highly recommended for all PC pinball fx-players.

I believe a v-sync on/off-settings in the game would make this problem even easier for people to fix. Something for a feature-wishlist maybe.

Thank you so much for the help!
    Awesome, glad it's working for you now

I've had the real plunger on my pincab (Nanotech Pinball Wizard kit) working since launch using the x360ce software to emulate the right trigger of an Xbox 360 controller. This works perfectly for moving the onscreen plunger when pulling it back, but has always been flaky when releasing the plunger to launch the ball.

If this could be investigated, I would greatly appreciate it. Right now skillshot-based missions are pretty frustrating (Captain America, BioLab, GhostRider).
    I had no idea this was so close to working in Pinball FX2. I've found my plunger pretty much useless and it's just plain confusing for my friends playing the game. I really hope they get this sorted out. Does the x360ce software help with any other games? My Nanotech plunger is pretty much worthless in Future Pinball and a pain in the butt to get working in Visual Pinball.

Default Suggestions: Command line params - Better reflections

Hi,

I suggest

a) command line params which skip intro and start a table directly!
    b) better quality reflections. BECAUSE on my GTX-570 with best settings on 1920x1200 FX2 runs on INSANE 200+ FPS. WOW, I have never seen that before in a game. Much room for better graphics

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I had no idea this was so close to working in Pinball FX2. I've found my plunger pretty much useless and it's just plain confusing for my friends playing the game. I really hope they get this sorted out. Does the x360ce software help with any other games? My Nanotech plunger is pretty much worthless in Future Pinball and a pain in the butt to get working in Visual Pinball.
    Well, you shouldn't need x360ce for other games that support standard joystick input. But since PBFX2 only supports keyboard or Xbox 360 controller, the only way to get analog control of the plunger is by emulating a 360 controller.

I haven't tried FP on my cab. As for VP, I think the support of the program itself is fine, but whether it works in each table is a crapshoot. There are apparently different methods people have used to create the plunger. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it moves it but won't shoot the ball, sometimes nothing happens. You can search threads over at vpforums if you want, but honestly I haven't bothered yet. I don't think I've touched VP since PBFX2 came out, actually.

It is embarrassing trying to explain to friends how to launch the ball in PBFX2 with a flaky plunger, though.

Two issues I'm surprised I haven't seen mentioned...

1) In Star Wars Episode V the ball return 'thingy', the wand, when it has more than one ball to kick back, it kicks it back into the drain lane. It's as if it goes too quick and thus spits the ball haphazardly - nine times out of ten right into the drain lane. Frustrating.

2) Spider Man center lane 'hole', ball gets stuck. Bumping the table doesn't correct it for me.

To clarify my earlier post regarding Star Wars Episode V - the thingy is the lightsaber (didn't realize that 'till I went back). In whatever multi-ball, when returning a ball (or moving it from the upper field to the lowere) via the LS, the ball doesn't go in the lane it was intending to. And not it faking you out, even if you sit there not anticipating getting the lane lit, it seems to go too quick when trying to return the balls and in veritably sends it into the drain lane.

And like I said. Really frustrating as I haven't done anything wrong or deserve a drain. It's simply moving balls in play and draining them.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reports!

Not necessarily a bug but how is audio coded in the game? Everything (music, sounds etc.) was louder on my old speakers. Now I got new speakers with a built-in subwoofer and all audio is lower in volume but only in Pinball FX2, not other games or applications.

I have some issues while entering highscores after the keyboard configuration update (but regardless of the issues, thanks for giving us that update )

When I enter a highscore pressing left or right moves me 2 letters forward or backward instead of one.
    When pressing enter to select a letter I get 2 letters instead of one.

This is of course connected with my key mapping, due to having a cab I mapped my flipper buttons to the keys that are predefined by game for menu navigation.

My key mapping:
    Filpper left: left arrow
    Flipper right: right arrow
    Plunger: enter
    camera view: tab
    nudge left: up
    nudge right: down

If I change the flipper buttons and Plunger key to anything else than the left/right arrows and enter the issue goes away. But I lose the ability to navigate the menu on my cab

Tested on W7 x64 with Mars and Excalibur on my cab. Reproduced the issue on a Vista x86 desktop system.
    Note that Steam seems to have synced the settings between my cab and my desktop, so if there is any weirdness in my game profile it might have moved from one system to the other.

A note about the new keyboard configuration and cab use:
    It helps a lot. It makes one thing possible that wasn't possible before, people who use nudge keys on their cabs can map those to up and down and dual use them for menu navigation.

It would be nice if there was also an option to configure the menu navigation keys (currently arrows, enter, tab, esc)
    Those settings don't need to be in the in-game options - it might even be better if the are not accessible in-game.
    Some ini or xml file or some environment or registry variables would do.
    Last edited by Sir Cheddar; 07-27-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Default Mars table bug - enter initials @ highscore leaderboard

There is a bug in all tables when you may enter your initials. It doubles the input for example: type the letter i the system shows: ii

So some scores in local leaderboard do have the initials: iin
    And this must be: inf

SAME @ ALL TABLES !!

Extra Ball,
    inF. / =[PF]= (CEO/ADMIN)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinballfamily
    Last edited by inF; 07-28-2013 at 12:03 PM.

I have the same problem.. it moves double letters and puts in 2 letters at a time...

Exclamation Really bad 2 player scoring issue

Helppp!!! <<As sent on Steam>>

I just got this game and when my dad actually loved playing it with me, I immediately bought the core table pack and we have played for a few days now. Tonight we are playing 2 player hotseat and I noticed he was kicking my butt more often than the past few days. I finally noticed why.

When the 2nd player starts, he is given the 1st players score, so if I score 1.4 million on the first ball, his first ball starts with 1.4 million. It shows his arrow all the way to the left, but as soon as the ball is ready to launch the arrow jumps to match mine and when he launches his score is already exactly what my 1st ball ended with.

The newest update is full of problems for me also. Bummer.

1- I'm getting the "double letter" initial input.

2- Player 2 gets a starting score equal to player 1's first ball in hotseat mode.

3- And worst of all, FX2 has crashed on me twice now while playing Mars! Both times I was on the 3rd ball and both times Steam was in "online" mode.

Please address these issues asap.
    Thanks

I confirm the bug, too. Barbie, please ask your team to fix the hot seat bug as soon as possible. We usually play hot seat at the weekends. Player 1 starts the game and no matter how high or low he scores his score is automatically added to player 2's initial score. He starts right away with player 1's score after ball 1.

Thanks for the reports, everyone!

Thanks for the reports, everyone!
    You are very welcome, I hope we can expect a hotseat fix soon. I love playing this with my dad (he is terminally ill). We discovered it just last week and its the first time I've got him to game with me since he moved in and we both love the game. He really doesn't like taking turns on 1 player so wants to wait for your fix now.

On a side note. I am new to the system as I mentioned above but when I went in the options yesterday (same time we noticed the 2 player issue) I cannot seem to find the default camera options anymore. I know I saw them the first time I ran the game but I am either just not remembering where to look or they were removed in this recent update. Considering the problems the update caused, I thought I would mention it in case it is actually an issue.

Thanks!

Typo, the camera settings are automatically saved per table. If you play with cam 5, quit the game and launch the table again you will automatically play with cam 5 again.

Typo, the camera settings are automatically saved per table. If you play with cam 5, quit the game and launch the table again you will automatically play with cam 5 again.
    I know but I just thought there was a camera settings menu is all. Thanks for the reply,

Moreover, playing in hot seat second player starts with first player's score, third player starts with second player's score and fourth player start with ... third player's score. So - usually fourth player before starting have got more then 10.000.000 pts.

Exclamation Any updates on the broken local hotseat??

I have to say, I am honestly surprised and disappointed that the recent game breaking update has not been undone or fixed.

I discovered this game after the summer sale and my dads interest in it inspired me to purchase 3 table packs at full price and I never pay full price for games but it was that cool to find something we both love and can do together and now we can't even play 2 player.

For a company to release a patch that so thoroughly breaks local multiplayer on a game which is designed to be played with friends and then not immediately address the issue within a couple days at most is absolutely terrible. Your only job is games, you release an update and you clearly didn't test it first and if you did, well lets be honest, you did a very poor job of it and when this update broke the game, your only move was to thank us for letting you know without any move to ensure us that this is being taken as seriously as it should be or a possible ETA to when we can enjoy the game as it was designed to be enjoyed.

As a coder, if I were to treat anything I released or patched with this lack of attention, I would be out of work.

You broke a working system and while I don't know what you "fixed" when doing so, the fact remains that every bit of your attention should be put towards undoing the patch so you have time to test it properly before releasing it, or to get a second patch out immediately to resolve the major game breaking bug you introduced into what was a working system and you should absolutely keep your paying customers who's game you broke in the loop.

I apologize if I sound rude, its just with my dads health as it is, I don't know if I have a month or a year or more left with him and it was so cool last week when we found something so fun to do together and now with the 2 player broken he doesn't really want to play anymore. I do get him to play 1 player but waiting so long for turns is hard for him because the liver failure causes high ammonia levels which affect his thinking and seems to have especially impacted his patience.

Please fix this soon.

I am going to play with a friend later today...and we can't play...all we can do is that player 1 drains the ball without scoring and player 2 does the same. And the game starts at ball 2.

We're on a schedule of patching the game every other week, so the next one should hit on or before August 9th.

Barbie
    Is it possible to allow us to revert back to the previous working version? Today?

Barbie
    Is it possible to allow us to revert back to the previous working version? Today?
    I don't think so, I think once you install the update, that's it. I'll let you know if the patch goes live before the 9th, I know waiting is no fun

Typo I am playing with a friend at the moment. Our temporary workaround is to load the table settings, select 4 balls per game and let the 1st ball of each player drain. Online scores won't be saved as you've adjusted the table's setting but unfortunately, local highscores are saved. Either save them and keep them (local scores don't matter as you have 4 balls but the 1st one is useless) or delete/reset them afterwards (your scores will be lost though).

Thumbs down Really?

We're on a schedule of patching the game every other week, so the next one should hit on or before August 9th.
    Why on earth would you try and maintain a 2 week patch cycle? Google Chrome is known for its extremely fast release schedule and they are 6 weeks apart and even that is unusually often. They are only able to do so thanks to their huge team of developer and by maintaining publicly released development and beta branches so that users wanting to help work out bugs while enjoying updates early can do so without having updates or patches pushed to the public with untested or incomplete features/fixes.

You are clearly pushing updates without testing them and misleading the public about what you are doing. Your last update to fix "Russian Language Errors", which the post you made about seems to have vanished, clearly did more than that. I can't imagine how bad your code would have to be for language edits to effect the player score and do it so badly that the score somehow gets forwarded to the next player but only on the first ball.

You have a pretty large fan base and I know a good number of them would willingly install a beta branch of your game. Other games in Steam do this, you can too and you would have easily avoided publicly releasing a patch that so significantly breaks your game. It's not like this is some minor issue you created.

To push a release before it was ready or properly tested and then have that patch break the game in a way that makes some of your customers unable to enjoy it is bad enough but to leave the patch until your next scheduled update cycle is insane. Why wouldn't you push an "emergency" patch to simply undo your previous changes?

I honestly do not feel like you are giving this situation the attention or priority it deserves and it certainly indicates a need to review your internal policies for testing and release.

My dad has gone from being overly excited to wanting me to try and get a refund. I have gone from being overly excited to feeling like an idiot for paying full price for the first time ever in Steam, on 3 of your game packs, only to have the game broken by the developers who then plan to leave it this way for the next 2 weeks.

I don't even know what else to say, I'm just disappointed.
    Last edited by Typo; 08-01-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Lol, typo. I could only imagine how disappointed you would be if you had any other version than the steam version. Not only is it their newest platform, it is by far the best supported platform.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Lol, typo. I could only imagine how disappointed you would be if you had any other version than the steam version. Not only is it their newest platform, it is by far the best supported platform.
    Honestly, if it weren't for my fathers reversal in attitude towards the game, I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed by the situation though I would still find it rather silly. This was the first thing he's been excited about doing with me that I can actually do (I'm disabled) and we were both pretty happy those first 2 nights and then the update came and I told him not to worry, they would get right on it, that companies who release a bad patch almost always fix it right away, but I was wrong and when I told him what was said about the problem, his attitude towards the whole game changed. Like I mentioned in my previous post, his liver is in the final stage of cirrhosis and that causes high ammonia levels which effect him mentally so he is much more easily aggravated and that isn't helping either.

Like I said before, it could come before August 9th. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast