Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX 2 - bugs/issues and recommendations

My usual method of handling the skillshot with keyboard is to hold for max power, then keep it held down until the plunger is where i want it.

It works well for a lot of tables, though some seem rather unfair. It seems there's a random factor in the plunger which is not present on xbox360. This is most obvious on epic quest, where i can get the skillshot every time except on PC, and on ghost rider, where even the autoplunger doesn't automatically get top hole (it does 100% on 360).

I can't even hit the skillshot on epic quest 99% of the time with the controller on windows like i can on xbox. And my 100% trick for getting the ghost rider one with just the launch button fails on PC as well.

Man, I realize its not fun to deal with waiting for a patch but some need to relax a bit. What has been suggested of Zen is akin to saying they don't care at all, with no understanding that the realities at zen such as staff availability, other priorities, etc should not lead to a near instant bug fix. If Barbie had popped in saying ok, patch is coming in a couple of days and then its not out within a few days, I shudder to think of the reaction.

Programming in a multi platform environment is not as easy as its made out to be by the "experts". There was a mistake made, a bad bug sneaked through but because zen obviously cares about their good name, they WILL be addressing this ASAP. If they didn't this would obviously lead to lost sales etc. Give them two weeks to take care of this, please, then if they don't react, let them know but have they not earned this patience from the huge content and damn fine job they've shown addressing the previous bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Loafer View Post
    Man, I realize its not fun to deal with waiting for a patch but some need to relax a bit. What has been suggested of Zen is akin to saying they don't care at all, with no understanding that the realities at zen such as staff availability, other priorities, etc should not lead to a near instant bug fix. If Barbie had popped in saying ok, patch is coming in a couple of days and then its not out within a few days, I shudder to think of the reaction.

Programming in a multi platform environment is not as easy as its made out to be by the "experts". There was a mistake made, a bad bug sneaked through but because zen obviously cares about their good name, they WILL be addressing this ASAP. If they didn't this would obviously lead to lost sales etc. Give them two weeks to take care of this, please, then if they don't react, let them know but have they not earned this patience from the huge content and damn fine job they've shown addressing the previous bugs?
    I know all about the difficulties of programming as I do coding myself which is why I know that releasing a patch to undo your previous patch is a VERY simple procedure. I already explained that my first experience with this game was only a week ago so I cannot speak on how much appreciation the company deserves but one thing that is obvious to all of us is what a fantastic game they have developed.

I just want to spend every minute I can playing this with my dad while he is able to and still around and I think I am making a bit of a bigger deal out of it than it may deserve but until I sent them an email last night I did't even have a clue the company was so small and I will admit that does change things a little.

I still think a 2 week release cycle (especially for such a small company) will without a doubt lead to bugs like this making it through more often than they should. Two weeks is not enough time to code all your next updates bug fixes and feature enhancements, run your unit tests, commit the patch locally, thoroughly test all areas where anything may have been affected by your update, have someone else test (and preferably do a quick code audit of your patch) an then finally publish the actual update patch and release.

As far as them not caring, until I sent an email, I did not feel like they cared. The responses here were honestly very impersonal considering the level of personal information I gave. If she had just said something like "I completely understand your frustration and we will get this fixed A.S.A.P." or even more appropriately "I'm sorry to hear about your father but am glad you enjoy our game so much and have found a way to spend time together. We are working on the bug that was introduced and will get the fix out as soon as possible. Please remember, we are a small team doing our best." I think the rest of my complaining wouldn't have even happened.

Sorry to seem impersonal - it's been a super crazy week with the game and DLC launching on 2 platforms. I do read each thread and try to respond when I have time to (keep in mind, I'm the only community manager, though some of the team will stop by on occasion). Apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Sorry to seem impersonal - it's been a super crazy week with the game and DLC launching on 2 platforms. I do read each thread and try to respond when I have time to (keep in mind, I'm the only community manager, though some of the team will stop by on occasion). Apologies!
    Thanks, I appreciate the apology.

Sounds like you guys are taking on a lot right now but also enjoying some great success.

I look forward to this problem being fixed and seeing what tables you guys add next.

Attack on Kamino mission on Clone Wars table. When I hit the frozen ball, it doesn't move. This bug is since the release day. I can't even play this table anymore 'cause I can't complete this mission and move on to the wizard mode. The more tables I play, more disappointed I get in this game. Do you guys even test the tables before you release them? Programming students on universities are failing the exams because of small errors, and on the other hand, people are making money on Steam for releasing broken games. Not one bug I reported on this thread has been fixed. Thanks.

Just wanted to say. I have officially payed full price for every available table on Steam.

This is the first time ever paying full price for any game on Steam and I know there was just a sale but we didn't discover the game until after it. It would suck if a sale came in the next few days but the game is so fun it doesn't really matter.

I just wanted to post this because if someone who was doing as much complaining as me still buys everything he can in the game, that has to say something about how awesome it is.

Default Mono audio & highscore entry

Hi, thanks for sharing Sorcerer's Lair. It runs perfectly smooth, though there are two issues:

1. Music is mono, downgrades the experience, which is otherwise fantastic;

2. Entering highscores is a pain:
    2a. First of all, I would prefer the keyboard;
    2b. Secondly, on pressing 'Enter' it always registers the letter twice! So I have to delete the double, and make sure the last one is ok, because it will not allow me to change it (second registered Enter will probably confirm entry).

Default Right Kickpack on Epic Quest underpowered

I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a random factor to the kickback's power and I just happen to be unlucky or if it's a bug but 90% of the time the right kickback doesn't clear the ball from the lane and it still drains. There is the occasional time when it will attempt a second kickback but this is halfhearted at best and is more like a weak table nudge than a kickback. Only about 5% of the time does the ball actually make it back into play. I've never had any problem out of the left kick back which leads me to think this might be a bug with the kickback's power or it might also be more with the placement of the bumper at the top of the lane or the curvature of the lane not letting the ball clear before it falls back down.

Barbie,
    Do you have any good news for us yet? Any idea when we can expect to have an update to fix the hot seat problems and double initials? I think most of us would be happy if you could just revert it back to the previous version before this last update.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagamejunky View Post
    Barbie,
    Do you have any good news for us yet? Any idea when we can expect to have an update to fix the hot seat problems and double initials? I think most of us would be happy if you could just revert it back to the previous version before this last update.
    Nothing today, but we should have an update by the end of the week. I'll post when I know exactly what that update contains.

Nothing today, but we should have an update by the end of the week. I'll post when I know exactly what that update contains.
    I still say (and I know I'm repeating myself here) that this is insanity. It's either pure laziness or simply an extreme lack of care for your customers when you are so unwilling to break your normal updating schedule in order to undo your mistakes.

Pushing a patch to undo the previous one should have taken hours, a day tops, not 2 weeks.

I was willing to accept this situation when I seemed to be the only one concerned and I received an apology but the more I have time to think about it and the more games of pinball I miss with my dad, the more annoyed I am.

I have such a hard time understanding why you wouldn't undo your "minor russian language fix" when it clearly did a lot more than you announced it was for and obviously didn't get an appropriate level of testing.

It saddens me that for the first time ever, I broke my self imposed rules and payed full price for something on Steam, even while these problems happened, I continued to buy tables, I have them all now and payed full price for every single one of them. I allowed myself to do this because the thought of having something to do with my dad had me so excited as did the game itself. I love your game but this whole situation has put a sour taste in my mouth at the thought of the word Zen.

Now we have gone from "On or before the 9th", which I knew in the first place would probably be the 9th and not sooner, to "should be" by then. This company has a LOT to learn about customer support.

Default Local Hotseat Feature Request

I know I have done an awful lot of complaining here but in the end we all love this game and I would like to submit a feature request to help make local hotseat even better.

Is there any way you guys can add support for multiple controllers? Even if you allowed all controllers to control the game which would allow people to mess with each other, it would be a lot better than passing the controller around like we have to do now. If you could make the controllers stick to the player it would be even better.

Thanks! (I hope)

There's no technical reason you can't have multi controller support in hotseat on the PC version, like there was on the xbox version.

You couldn't do it on xbox because accounts were tied to controllers, but that's no longer the case.

Default Mars Table Bug

Went to look at the Mars table really quick just to see what it looked like. I had already bought it but we haven't played it yet. I tried a couple whacks at the ball and then paused and selected 'Exit To Main Menu', a box came up saying "Saving..." and then it just froze right there. I could still hear music but no keys would do anything, the game was frozen so bad that it was even difficult to end the task after alt-tab'n out.

Click here for my complete system specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Typo View Post
    Went to look at the Mars table really quick just to see what it looked like. I had already bought it but we haven't played it yet. I tried a couple whacks at the ball and then paused and selected 'Exit To Main Menu', a box came up saying "Saving..." and then it just froze right there. I could still hear music but no keys would do anything, the game was frozen so bad that it was even difficult to end the task after alt-tab'n out.

Click here for my complete system specs.
    Thanks for the report!

I just hit the doc ock holds a ball forever and game has to be restarted bug. Doc Ock was defeated with a pumpkin ball while holding the normal one, and he went back to his home spot still holding the normal ball. Flippers worked, music played, and tale can be shaken without tilt warnings, but no progress could be made.

I thought this was fixed.

This was a 2.4 BILLION game too... sigh...

Anyway to get on the beta test team? I can think of situations like this that the table designers might not.

also i understand why you are unwilling to give a "end game and submit score" choice. it's because some bugs can grant infinite points, like a ball getting stuck on a scoring switch. But there is a very simple fix. If the last switch was struck ten or more times in a row, then consider the bug a "beneficial malfunction" and do not let you keep your score.
    Last edited by zaphod77; 08-08-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Question Feature Request

I wanted to add a second feature request. In case my first one was missed, I will re list it too.

1. Can you please add a button that will randomize the table selection. While the button is held, the selected table should hop around all your purchased tables in a completely random order until the button is released. The idea is identical to the game show Press Your Luck (Nooo Whammies!!).

2. Can you please add support for multiple controllers? Right now if two gamepads are hooked up, only one works and when you play in a living room environment, sometimes you are not sitting within reach of the other player. It would be awesome if all hooked up gamepads worked the whole time or even better still if a gamepad can be assigned to a player.

Thanks!

I wanted to add a second feature request. In case my first one was missed, I will re list it too.

1. Can you please add a button that will randomize the table selection. While the button is held, the selected table should hop around all your purchased tables in a completely random order until the button is released. The idea is identical to the game show Press Your Luck (Nooo Whammies!!).

2. Can you please add support for multiple controllers? Right now if two gamepads are hooked up, only one works and when you play in a living room environment, sometimes you are not sitting within reach of the other player. It would be awesome if all hooked up gamepads worked the whole time or even better still if a gamepad can be assigned to a player.

Thanks!
    Sending to the team (again)! Thanks Typo!

Also - while I'm posting - we have an update on the new table + patch for PFX2 on Steam - Looks like Valve/Steam is having some major internal issues with publishing, seems the system will be down until Monday at the earliest. This means we won't be able to bring Earth Defense to PFX2 on time, but I'll keep you posted as I hear more.

Oh nooo. Wanted to play hot seat with friends tomorrow + the new table.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Oh nooo. Wanted to play hot seat with friends tomorrow + the new table.
    I know, totally sucks. Hopefully they get things figured out quick, I'm sure we're not the only ones who are trying to publish something.

Do they have the weekend off? The employees I mean. So if the update isn't live in an hour we have to wait till Monday?

Do they have the weekend off? The employees I mean. So if the update isn't live in an hour we have to wait till Monday?
    I don't know what their normal work hours are, but they told us they are estimated to have it fixed by Monday at the earliest. It's not even 1pm yet though, so maybe they'll figure it out sometime today, but it sounds like they have some major stuff going on. I'll let you know what I hear.

Ok, thanks.

Can you please add a button that will randomize the table selection. While the button is held, the selected table should hop around all your purchased tables in a completely random order until the button is released. The idea is identical to the game show Press Your Luck (Nooo Whammies!!).
    Yeah! It would be nice to have a random select option. It doesn't have to be anything special. Heck, Zen can take the classic Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct approach (Up+Start) if they want.

Hey all - it doesn't look like Earth Defense will be hitting today. System should be back up Monday at some point, but we are going to hold the table for when we get back from our much needed studio closure over the next two weeks. Just bad timing but once we're rested up, we'll make sure PFX2 gets its next table and an update to fix a few things. I will still be around occasionally, I may just lurk to make sure everything is okay - but please let me know if you have a pinball emergency!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Much needed studio closure over the next two weeks.
    Have a fantastic holiday! You guys deserve it!

Don't worry about the mess up with Earth Defense on Steam; these things happen and everyone paying attention knows that you're doing an excellent job for all us pin-fiends

Default Are You Kidding Me???

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb
    we have an update on the new table + patch for PFX2 on Steam - Looks like Valve/Steam is having some major internal issues with publishing, seems the system will be down until Monday at the earliest. This means we won't be able to bring Earth Defense to PFX2 on time, but I'll keep you posted as I hear more.
    Hey all - it doesn't look like Earth Defense will be hitting today. System should be back up Monday at some point, but we are going to hold the table for when we get back from our much needed studio closure over the next two weeks. Just bad timing but once we're rested up, we'll make sure PFX2 gets its next table and an update to fix a few things. I will still be around occasionally, I may just lurk to make sure everything is okay - but please let me know if you have a pinball emergency!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    This is so messed up. You released a game breaking update and then refused to reverse the update in anything resembling a timely manner, in fact, you figure we can just wait a couple weeks and then when that update is due, you say there is a Steam issue but show no proof whatsoever. You then say that you should have the update pushed on Monday when it gets fixed but now your telling us that it will be at least 2 more weeks.

You people have a lot to learn about customer service. I cannot enjoy the game I have invested over $80 on and I continue to get the feeling that you people don't care one bit.

As far as your "Pinball Emergency" comment, do you really expect anyone to believe you will actually do anything if something were to happen? I reported a significant bug that you introduced 2 weeks ago, a bug that broke local miltiplayer (along with the other stuff reported) and you decided not to fix it immediately and now we have to deal with the bug for at least a month all together.

Why would you take vacation this soon after your new port launches and with such bugs needing addressing not to mention your promised table release? I know you have been busy and deserve a break but you shouldn't take one at the expense of your customers satisfaction and you have clearly made the decision to do that.

You have made it abundantly clear that you don't care.

*Edit ... Can't help but notice that an update for FEZ just came through Steams "broken" system.
    Last edited by Typo; 08-10-2013 at 06:03 AM.

As much as I love Pinball FX2 and your company in general I am disappointed, too. If Steam has problems it is ok and not your fault but having to wait two more weeks for the local multiplayer fix is sad. I always play with friends at the weekend and we still can't play properly. Hasn't the update already been submitted to Steam and it will automatically be available as soon as Steam has fixed their problems?

I don't know how difficult it is to release an update for Steam but isn't it just a few clicks that can also be done during a vacation (if the fix has already been coded)? Being unable to play local multiplayer for 3-4 weeks is annoying.

Do companies have to pay for each update? I'd understand it then (you explained once how expensive an XBOX update is).

As much as I love Pinball FX2 and your company in general I am disappointed, too. If Steam has problems it is ok and not your fault but having to wait two more weeks for the local multiplayer fix is sad. I always play with friends at the weekend and we still can't play properly. Hasn't the update already been submitted to Steam and it will automatically be available as soon as Steam has fixed their problems?

I don't know how difficult it is to release an update for Steam but isn't it just a few clicks that can also be done during a vacation (if the fix has already been coded)? Being unable to play local multiplayer for 3-4 weeks is annoying.

Do companies have to pay for each update? I'd understand it then (you explained once how expensive an XBOX update is).
    They do not pay for updates.

Depending on whether they are using Steam Pipe for faster and more efficient update procedures or still doing the older method of an email with a patch, it is a simple and free process with no input on valves end as far as quality control of what you submit.

They are allowed to push an update any time.

The fact that an indie game was able to push an update just 5 hours after the message above, coupled with the lack of any information anywhere on the internet concerning Steams "major internal issues with publishing" that will take "at least until Monday" to fix, to me pretty mush makes it clear that this was just an excuse. Even if I am wrong and they maybe Steam fixed it sooner, they could have sent the patch to be issued when the system was back up or failing that, take the 10 minutes to push it remotely on your poorly timed vacation.

I honestly don't think they have a patch to push in the first place and for them to still at this point not just push a small update to undo the previous one makes even less sense than it did before.
    Last edited by Typo; 08-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Default Game crashes after starting up - solved !

Hi,

since of today my PinballFX game did crash meanwhile I was playing Sorcers Lair table ... After the crash I did try to restart the game again but when it was showing the white screen with Microsoft logo the game did crash back to desktop again.

Re-installing the game was no solution, even after deleting all data on local HD + registry cleanup ! and re-install = crash

WHAT I DID ? Just deleted the last 2 new friends I added to my friendlist ... And the game was working again = )

the last 2 friends i did add + delete were: (master)immortal + hauptbahnhof
    Both are steam names ... i think this one of these 2 did crash my game !!! hauptbahnhof profile = http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062727501

(master)immortal you can easily find yourself @ steam community

My opnion: hauptbahnhof did cause the crash !!!!!! After i did test again by adding (master)immortal as friend again and this user accepted again my invitation, the game was still working fine ! NO CRASH

I did add 2 new friends to my friendlist this morning and within half an hour both of them accepted my invitation and therefor my game was crashing while playing and continued crashing after restarting !!!! One of the 2 friends I did add did play the game once (they played the beta version) and deleted it after (few weeks ago), so I think this must be an issue of the game crash ....

Extra Ball,
    inF. =PF= (CEO/admin)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinballfamily
    Last edited by inF; 08-10-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inF View Post
    Hi,

since of today my PinballFX game did crash meanwhile I was playing Sorcers Lair table ... After the crash I did try to restart the game again but when it was showing the white screen with Microsoft logo the game did crash back to desktop again.

Re-installing the game was no solution, even after deleting all data on local HD + registry cleanup ! and re-install = crash

WHAT I DID ? Just deleted the last 2 new friends I added to my friendlist ... And the game was working again = )

the last 2 friends i did add + delete were: (master)immortal + hauptbahnhof
    Both are steam names ... i think this one of these 2 did crash my game !!! hauptbahnhof profile = http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062727501

(master)immortal you can easily find yourself @ steam community

My opnion: hauptbahnhof did cause the crash !!!!!! After i did test again by adding (master)immortal as friend again and this user accepted again my invitation, the game was still working fine ! NO CRASH

I did add 2 new friends to my friendlist this morning and within half an hour both of them accepted my invitation and therefor my game was crashing while playing and continued crashing after restarting !!!! One of the 2 friends I did add did play the game once (they played the beta version) and deleted it after (few weeks ago), so I think this must be an issue of the game crash ....

Extra Ball,
    inF. =PF= (CEO/admin)

This is a bug that has been reported already, I think the last update may have introduced it. People find that when they add too many friends, the game crashes.

You can expect at least a 2 week wait for his to be resolved as the whole Zen team decided this would be a good time for vacation (read my post above yours for more info on that).

This is a bug that has been reported already, I think the last update may have introduced it. People find that when they add too many friends, the game crashes.

You can expect at least a 2 week wait for his to be resolved as the whole Zen team decided this would be a good time for vacation (read my post above yours for more info on that).
    Ok so it has somethign to do with too many friends in your friendlisting !?
    The moment of the crash I did have over the 130 friends in my friendlist.

Hope they fix soon = )

Extra Ball,
    inF. =PF= (CEO / Admin)

Last edited by inF; 08-11-2013 at 08:31 AM.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we do plan on resolving the issue as soon as we get back in the studio. Please understand that this was not our intention to upset anyone. In my time here at Zen (over a year and a half) this is the first time the studio has been closed for more than a weekend. It was time for a break, but again, apologies for the bad timing.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 08-13-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Mission Attack on Kamino, not possible to complete mission

I cannot finish this mission anymore:

1. Hit the 2 Flashing Lanes - check
    2. The Lock Mini Orbit (5) will begin to flash; but when you manage hit the Ball towards it, the Ball will instead be frozen to the spot and another Ball will be launched out –
    Now - check
    3. Now hit the frozen Ball with the new Ball to release it to move onto - when I hit this ball, the ball only moves a bit and that's it. When I hit it again and again it alway moves only a few inches...

I remember I already finihed this mission some time ago.

Please fix this.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ta0801; 08-14-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Default Steam issues

While I realise its not fun to have to wait a while, the reality is that Zen are not the only ones to have reported Steam issues the past few days, I believe one of the programmers for Pinball Arcade has reported this when trying to access the Steam servers.

See post #706 here:
    http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthr...-for-PC/page29

Calling out Zen with unsubstantiated guesses is wrong. Its wrong today, it was wrong yesterday and it will be wrong tomorrow, period. I know Typo you aren't happy, and I can appreciate Zen do not always come through as you see fit and some of your comments were justified, but these two weeks off were planned a long time ago and you can't expect everything to stop at a drop of a hat.

It may not be your intention but you are coming off pretty bad with what looks to be tantrums. You have every right to be upset but bring a little bit of reality into what's going on here. From your POV it looks like nothing is done to address your issues, the patching system is too slow, etc. But you forget there are lots of different software releases and different hardware that need support too and Pinball FX is not the only thing on their plate. A justified comment would be "maybe too much on their plate" but alluding to them not caring? Come one

Although things can be better, Pinball FX 2 has been released only for a couple of months and the show of support they've put out since that time has earned them some patience from the masses. I realize for you some of these bugs are game breaking because you play with your dad and I admire that. I wish my dad was around so I could play with him some pinball, both virtual and real, because he used to love it. But nope, I can't, he died 28 years ago this month.

So if I were you, I'd nurture that relationship by doing something else with your dad for a couple of weeks, knowing that this will eventually get fixed. Its an inadvertent bug that is not going to be ignored, just needs some time, and a little patience.

While I realise its not fun to have to wait a while, the reality is that Zen are not the only ones to have reported Steam issues the past few days, I believe one of the programmers for Pinball Arcade has reported this when trying to access the Steam servers.

See post #706 here:
    http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthr...-for-PC/page29

Calling out Zen with unsubstantiated guesses is wrong. Its wrong today, it was wrong yesterday and it will be wrong tomorrow, period. I know Typo you aren't happy, and I can appreciate Zen do not always come through as you see fit and some of your comments were justified, but these two weeks off were planned a long time ago and you can't expect everything to stop at a drop of a hat.

It may not be your intention but you are coming off pretty bad with what looks to be tantrums. You have every right to be upset but bring a little bit of reality into what's going on here. From your POV it looks like nothing is done to address your issues, the patching system is too slow, etc. But you forget there are lots of different software releases and different hardware that need support too and Pinball FX is not the only thing on their plate. A justified comment would be "maybe too much on their plate" but alluding to them not caring? Come one

Although things can be better, Pinball FX 2 has been released only for a couple of months and the show of support they've put out since that time has earned them some patience from the masses. I realize for you some of these bugs are game breaking because you play with your dad and I admire that. I wish my dad was around so I could play with him some pinball, both virtual and real, because he used to love it. But nope, I can't, he died 28 years ago this month.

So if I were you, I'd nurture that relationship by doing something else with your dad for a couple of weeks, knowing that this will eventually get fixed. Its an inadvertent bug that is not going to be ignored, just needs some time, and a little patience.
    First off, I think its clear I am trying to spend every minute I can doing things with my dad and this was finally something we both enjoyed. This whole thing almost turned him off to the game completely, its one of the reasons I'm so passionate in my writings here.

Pointing out the reality of a situation and being upset at what IS clearly a lack of caring is not 'throwing a tantrum'.

They insinuate the issue is just with Steam but if this was true, they could have done some simple preparation to then push the patch remotely in a matter of minutes while on vacation.

When they reported the Steam issue, a thorough search online and in Steam found nothing regarding any such issue and the forum post you are referring to is not viewable due to the site having database issues but like I said, assuming it was true (and why not assume that), they could still have done the update very easily while on vacation.

I still say if you push an update that breaks things, you should undo it and work on your patch and testing more, not just continue onto the next update and include a fix for what you broke with it.

The initial message from barbie stated "not to worry, this is just a Russian language fix" which was clearly not the case.

Them knowing they were going on vacation only makes them not repairing the issues before they left even worse and I still think that if they actually had the patch done, they would push it remotely.

If I come off as throwing a tantrum, I apologize, I am just extremely frustrated and me being a developer and understanding the patching process makes it worse because I know how easy undoing the bad patch would have been if only they made the decision to do it.

There can be no argument that they made the choice to not immediately repair this and that that bad decision led to us dealing with the things they broke (while fixing what exactly?) for a month (or longer?).

If they have too much to do, they should hire more people, not keep trying to handle 3 times the work they used to have and I do understand the need for them to have some time off but I do no understand the choice to leave this until after that. They never should have waited until the day they were leaving for vacation to try and push such important updates.

You say a lot of stuff that is true but when you say "they should hire more people", it makes me cringe a bit. Maybe in the utopia development team you work with, that is something done at the snap of the fingers, without the need to concern oneself about budgetary issues, but that is not how it works everywhere and you can't just add programmers to fix something without considerable training, that could make things work.

IMHO our opinions differ, it is not so CLEAR to me that there is a lack of caring. Your opinion is not fact sir.

Agreed, things could be better. Just think the reaction is over the top. Take care.

Rob
    Last edited by The Loafer; 08-15-2013 at 02:52 AM.

You say a lot of stuff that is true but when you say "they should hire more people", it makes me cringe a bit. Maybe in the utopia development team you work with, that is something done at the snap of the fingers, without the need to concern oneself about budgetary issues, but that is not how it works everywhere and you can't just add programmers to fix something without considerable training, that could make things work.

IMHO our opinions differ, it is not so CLEAR to me that there is a lack of caring. Your opinion is not fact sir.

Agreed, things could be better. Just think the reaction is over the top. Take care.

Rob
    I won't repeat myself anymore but I will agree to disagree and I feel I need to respond to your response.

Why would you cringe at the thought of hiring more people? They have, by the sound of it, at least tripled their workload and I hardly believe the decision to expand to two more platforms came at the drop of a hat or happened overnight.

With 2 more platforms comes a ton more work. As you said above, they have very different hardware and software environments to contend with now and that means a much heavier workload not to mention the impact it has on the amount of incoming customer support requests (feature requests, bugs or just thankyous) due to all the new customers and sales. Even Barbie states she has way too many places she needs to keep an eye on to be able to properly reply to everything she would like to.

They have more income and a much heavier workload so it would not require some unrealistic Utopian development team or anything outside of normal budgeting considerations to bring on new people.

You cannot enjoy the kind of success that they have had recently without expanding to meet the demands that your success has created.

You take care too

Jeremy

I am referring to the fact deciding that you need to hire someone and actually having someone working and being productive in a video game environments ain't done in the timeframe you seem to be alluding to. It ain't as easy as it sounds. Have a great day, me say no more

KickBeaten Down

Farsight's Steam programmer made mention of the Steam issues on the pinballarcadefans forum, so unless we've joined forces to promote an irrelevant conspiracy, you can be sure that the problems did actually occur. And without final testing and all hands available to fix if a major problem occurs afterwards, we're not going to push a patch remotely.

If you total up all the Steam table sales, figure that nearly half of the sales were at 50% off, take out all the royalties and licensing that go to Microsoft, Valve, Marvel, etc., you'll see that it doesn't really buy a lot of extra help, especially when you first subtract the pre-launch development costs of the Steam version. Especially since anyone we hire, we try to keep for the long term, making us more cautious about how quickly we add staff. In this business, fortunes can change very rapidly and sales have lots of peaks and valleys, making it very hard to predict how many people you will be able to employ just a few months down the road.

There's a web of trade-offs between table prices, number of tables produced, post-launch support, number of platforms, etc. We'd like to have people to work on everything that needs making and fixing all the time, but people simply wouldn't be willing to pay what it would cost to support that kind of business. We're doing the best we can - really. And even with these annoying problems, I think our support still compares pretty well to other companies in the same league.
    Last edited by Solitude; 08-16-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Farsight's Steam programmer made mention of the Steam issues on the pinballarcadefans forum, so unless we've joined forces to promote an irrelevant conspiracy, you can be sure that the problems did actually occur.
    I obviously don't believe there was a conspiracy, I was only pointing out that at the time, Barbies post was the only mention of any such problem anywhere.

And without final testing and all hands available to fix if a major problem occurs afterwards, we're not going to push a patch remotely.
    You already made it abundantly clear that your plan the whole time was to push those updates and the new table on the day you were leaving for vacation. This, coupled with your "response" this last time a problem occurred (some of us do consider it major) after you pushed an update leads me to wonder how much truth is in that statement.

If you total up all the Steam table sales, figure that nearly half of the sales were at 50% off, take out all the royalties and licensing that go to Microsoft, Valve, Marvel, etc., you'll see that it doesn't really buy a lot of extra help, especially when you first subtract the pre-launch development costs of the Steam version. Especially since anyone we hire, we try to keep for the long term. There's a web of trade-offs between table prices, number of tables produced, post-launch support, number of platforms, etc. We'd like to have people to work on everything that needs making and fixing all the time, but people simply wouldn't be willing to pay what it would cost to support that kind of business. We're doing the best we can - really. And even with these annoying problems, I think our support still compares pretty well to other companies in the same league.
    I did fail to mention royalties and fees, etc., and of course that and sales takes a huge hit from your profit margins but I think you still have to compensate for all the extra work your expansion is causing even if just by getting barbie some help.

You guys make an awesome product. Even with the problems I have had, the biggest issue is not the overall game quality, it is an awesome game, it is not your coding skills because to do what you've done clearly takes talent and perseverance, the issue is your internal policies when it came to what happened and how soon you decided to fix it (or not to). We were told "Don't worry, it is just a small Russian language fix" but that was not at all the case as the update caused a lot of issues not seemingly related to your typical 'small language fix'. I just wish it could have been handled in a more temely manner.

Enjoy your vacation.

Jeremy
    aka
    Typo (MrTypos on Steam)

Here's an actual constructive suggestion.

Get people like Cloda (and me, maybe) to help you out in table testing.

A few of your players are very good at figuring out how to rape (this is the accepted pinball term) tables. These people should be able to help you find rules oversights. I can't speak for anyone else, but i'd consider simply being able to play these games for free payment enough.

I'd also do my best to give opinions on how to fix them without removing the fun factor. Anyfix that makes the table not fun to play or ruins the concepts behind it is of course a non-starter. And if it's really difficult, it may just be left in (or the physics may be tweaked to make it harder to do).

An example, for Spider-Man

Make it so that the J.J. hurry-up value is not collected, but instead your highest hurryup score for this game is added to the front page picture value for beating other bosses. As we all know those modes get more difficult. but then if you do grind it up to say 50 million, you then score huge not by shooting the same thing over and over again but by playing the table normally, or by grinding something more challenging afterwards. And you can still get tons of points off the wizard mode in the future, you just won't overshadow it purely by J.J shots.

Also, it makes a moderate amount if grinding J.J. actually useful. YOu get it up to 10 million, and suddenly you tack on that amount to your score for every boss beaten after. Even a casual player can do that.

But hey, what do i know.

When u would fix hot seat mode?

that's supposed to be in the next patch, or so they said.

Farsight's Steam programmer made mention of the Steam issues on the pinballarcadefans forum, so unless we've joined forces to promote an irrelevant conspiracy, you can be sure that the problems did actually occur.
    Of course there was no conspiracy, it's just you being lazy ass developers. I wasted 80 euros for a broken game: Attack on Kamino and Cloak of Darkness mission bugs on Star Wars table (I can't reach wizard mode at all), awful lighting effects on certain tables (much worse than console versions), ball stuttering on Captain America table, missing left tube on Biolab, awful landscape view 2 on Paranormal, awful launch ball camera view on portrait mode (view 1), not to mention that on certain tables like Rome, Moon Knight, etc. you can't even see the plunger on portrait view 1, unable to see upper left flipper on Epic Quest when camera zoom in on landscape view 2, I had to install bunch of third party programs just to play this game, unable to buy individual tables (I like Pasha and Secrets of the Deep, so why am I forced to buy other two tables that I don't like???), 3 months late keyboard buttons update (a feature that should've been implemented since day one but to lazy to do it) and much more bugs...

As much as I love pinball, I'm sick and tired of this game and developer laziness. I'm done with this game. I don't care how small your team is or how busy you are with other games and platforms. If you are not 100% ready to support this platform and you are releasing the game on it, then you are just money grabber.

I support Typo for everything he said, he is 100% right. My last post. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    Of course there was no conspiracy, it's just you being lazy ass developers. I wasted 80 euros for a broken game: Attack on Kamino and Cloak of Darkness mission bugs on Star Wars table (I can't reach wizard mode at all), awful lighting effects on certain tables (much worse than console versions), ball stuttering on Captain America table, missing left tube on Biolab, awful landscape view 2 on Paranormal, awful launch ball camera view on portrait mode (view 1), not to mention that on certain tables like Rome, Moon Knight, etc. you can't even see the plunger on portrait view 1, unable to see upper left flipper on Epic Quest when camera zoom in on landscape view 2, I had to install bunch of third party programs just to play this game, unable to buy individual tables (I like Pasha and Secrets of the Deep, so why am I forced to buy other two tables that I don't like???), 3 months late keyboard buttons update (a feature that should've been implemented since day one but to lazy to do it) and much more bugs...

As much as I love pinball, I'm sick and tired of this game and developer laziness. I'm done with this game. I don't care how small your team is or how busy you are with other games and platforms. If you are not 100% ready to support this platform and you are releasing the game on it, then you are just money grabber.

I support Typo for everything he said, he is 100% right. My last post. Bye!
    Goodbye.

Would it be possible to keep the game unpaused so that the lights are flashing and stuff while going into freeview mode? It would be rather helpful.

Angry ...

.......our much needed studio closure over the next two weeks. Just bad timing but once we're rested up, we'll make sure PFX2 gets its next table and an update to fix a few things........

It has been 17 days since you made this post (Friday Aug 9th 5pm - Tuesday Aug 27th 1am).

Where is our update!?!?

We're working to get Earth Defense + update implemented ASAP. If not today, then tomorrow, we're just waiting to get the final word from Valve.

Edit:

It's posted now! Earth Defense (plus the patch) is here!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 08-27-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks Barbie.

Earth Defense is cool. I just wish Visual Pinball tables looked as nice and played as smooth as this.

Now the HotSeat scoring glitch has been fixed but unfortunately the double initials input glitch is still here.

I'm assuming this is an easy fix and your team forgot about it. Please update us again with another fix.

Thanks
    Nick

We're working to get Earth Defense + update implemented ASAP. If not today, then tomorrow, we're just waiting to get the final word from Valve.

Edit:

It's posted now! Earth Defense (plus the patch) is here!
    When you work on the problems we did report weeks ago on this forum post ?

1 - when over 130 friends playing PinballFX-2 onto steam = game crash
    2 - enter your initials = bugged coz it send out 2 chars instead of 1 char when typing

Extra Ball,
    inF. / =PF= (CEO/ADMIN)

When you work on the problems we did report weeks ago on this forum post ?

1 - when over 130 friends playing PinballFX-2 onto steam = game crash
    2 - enter your initials = bugged coz it send out 2 chars instead of 1 char when typing

Extra Ball,
    inF. / =PF= (CEO/ADMIN)

This is just the update that didn't get posted before the studio closed for two weeks (due to a Steam outage), so it was just the table + the hotseat scoring fix, other stuff will be addressed in the next patch. The initials bug shouldn't be a problem but the friends crash is pretty tricky. Different people are crashing for different reasons, so we're trying to figure out what exactly is causing it and going from there. I'll keep you all posted.

This is just the update that didn't get posted before the studio closed for two weeks (due to a Steam outage), so it was just the table + the hotseat scoring fix, other stuff will be addressed in the next patch. The initials bug shouldn't be a problem but the friends crash is pretty tricky. Different people are crashing for different reasons, so we're trying to figure out what exactly is causing it and going from there. I'll keep you all posted.
    Thankyou for replying Barbie !

Please try to be more specific next time in your posts about upcoming patches/updates ...

So far it was very confusing for the community to wait for a patch, with different dates to come out, and not knowing what will be patched exactly.

And like you said: "The initials bug shouldn't be a problem" ....so why it isn't a hotfix yet ?

Extra Ball,
    inF. (CEO/ADMIN)

Last edited by inF; 08-28-2013 at 04:15 PM.

KickBeaten Down

Thankyou for replying Barbie !

Please try to be more specific next time in your posts about upcoming patches/updates ...

So far it was very confusing for the community to wait for a patch, with different dates to come out, and not knowing what will be patched exactly.

And like you said: "The initials bug shouldn't be a problem" ....so why it isn't a hotfix yet ?

Extra Ball,
    inF. (CEO/ADMIN)

Generally only high priority stuff gets hotfixed. The enter initials stuff isn't really game-breaking.

Also, in case you aren't aware, it can be worked around by binding Launch to something other than the Enter key. We're still going to fix it, of course, but this may reduce the annoyance in the meantime.

Default Friends score bug

Edit: Thankyou for the work around (Barbie already told so...) and it works indeed. But how about the complains below ?

* Over the 125 friends ingame = crash game

* I dunno if this bug was already posted here.

When you do have more than 90 friends ingame,
    the friends leaderboard score stops listing at 90th place.

So you cannot see the other friends their highscore on this friends leaderboard.

Please could you fix this bug ?

Extra Ball,
    inF. =PF= (CEO/Admin)

Last edited by inF; 08-30-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Also, in case you aren't aware, it can be worked around by binding Launch to something other than the Enter key.
    For what it's worth, I'm not getting double-presses when selecting a letter, only when moving left/right. I have the flippers mapped to left/right arrow keys. I think my "start" button on my cabinet that I use to select a letter is just mapped to the Enter key, though, so I guess that makes sense if it's an issue of it overlapping with the launch ball command.

I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5800 and the game ignores my v-sync settings in the Catalyst Control Center. I wasn't aware of this at first so when I tried to fix the flipper lag I tried v-sync off and v-sync on without result.

After reading at the forums I tried to find a utility to change the flip queue size setting. I tried RadeonPro, changed the setting but still experienced flipper lag. RadeonPro shows the framerate during the game (60) which is how I noticed it was stuck in v-sync on. Apparently if I set the global profile in RadeonPro to <Tweaks> vsync always on (Double Vsync) my framerate jumps to 200-240 and no more lag Also creating a RadeonPro profile for pinball FX2 and setting <Tweaks> vsync to always off in this profile works for me.

It might be a good idea to put a vsync on/off setting in the game and start with it in vsync off, because with flipper lag it plays aweful. Without flipper lag it's a fun game
    Last edited by Piet; 08-30-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Default Moon Knight Mission Issues

Has anyone experienced problems with the missions/modes not ending on time in Moon Knight?

First, anytime I do the Whirleybird Multiball (the one with the blindingly bright blue glowing balls) and I lose all the balls except for one, it takes forever (like 10-20 seconds) to return to the regular mode on the table. I believe it says "Multiball Ended" on the DMD right away, but the single remaining ball remains glowing and none of the other lights or modes re-activate. I usually just end up just trapping the ball and waiting it out.

Second, the "Vote for Me" fight against the Black Spectre seems strange and buggy. In this mode, I believe it lights up all 5 ramps/orbits and you have to hit each one (with the remaining lights re-locating randomly after each hit). According to the guide you are supposed to not hit the unlit ones, which makes sense. As there is no timer on the DMD, I assume there is a certain number of "hits" you can take (unlit ramps/orbits) in the fight before you lose. The first problem is that it seems like there is a timer. I swear I failed when I had one lit ramp left and had the ball trapped. Perhaps this is actually intentional, but it's certainly counter-intuitive.

The other problem is what happens when you fail Vote for Me. The first thing that happens is whatever remaining lights you had lit will get wiped away and all 5 ramps/orbits will be lit. I believe at this point the Black Spectre starts slowly walking away from the fight and back to the upper left corner of the table. Hitting the ramps doesn't seem to give you any progress - they stay lit. However, it will say something on the DMD like "Bonus: 50,000" (like you are in the bonus mode you're supposed to get after completing missions?) and yet sometimes you will hear sound clips on each hit as if the mission is still going ("Vote...", "For...", "ME!"). The rest of the time the DMD will still say something from the mission to the effect of "strike back while you can". After a little while the Black Spectre will reach his corner, then you will hear a sound cue and the DMD will tell you "mission failed".

You can still pass the mission if you hit the 5 ramps/orbits quickly in the first "phase" of what I described, but it's unclear if it's giving me correct amount of time/attempts as designed. It's definitely the one I fail the most, but that may or may not be related.

Hopefully I got that about right. It's hard to watch everything while playing. But I was trying to reach the wizard mode on this over the weekend and noticed these issues consistently. I'm not sure if they were always there or if something changed in a recent patch -- I haven't played this one enough before to know.
    Last edited by Roo5676; 09-04-2013 at 02:25 AM.

After you are down to one ball on whirlybird, I think there might be a final shot where you hear something like "now it's time to fix the whirlybird" and if you make that shot you get an extra jackpot or double jackpot.

The black spectre mission is timed, but the timer is not on the dmd. If you look below the flippers I believe there are 2 meters. I think the blue one represents your health and the red one is the health of your enemy. If you make a successful shot the red meter drains while the blue meter slowly drains over time.

I'm not sure what happens when you fail the black spectre mission. Perhaps bonus points you get are just a way to kill some time as the animation sequence finishes its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    After you are down to one ball on whirlybird, I think there might be a final shot where you hear something like "now it's time to fix the whirlybird" and if you make that shot you get an extra jackpot or double jackpot.
    Yes, that still happens, but after the excessively long wait I described. Once my last ball stops glowing, then the left and right ramps open up and start smoking and you have like 20 seconds to hit them both and repair the whirleybird. This part works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    The black spectre mission is timed, but the timer is not on the dmd. If you look below the flippers I believe there are 2 meters. I think the blue one represents your health and the red one is the health of your enemy. If you make a successful shot the red meter drains while the blue meter slowly drains over time.

I'm not sure what happens when you fail the black spectre mission. Perhaps bonus points you get are just a way to kill some time as the animation sequence finishes its thing.
    Thanks, I will look for those meters. That's the first time I remember seeing a timed mode that didn't have a timer on the DMD. I still think something is wrong, though. It's like it's got parts of the bonus round and the mission mixed together.

Default High Score entry - Sorcerer's Lair

OK, I have to admit I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this is already reported, but when I try to enter a high score using the keyboard the following happens: When I arrow over to the letter I want to enter and then press the Enter key, the letter is entered twice and I have to back space over the second occurrence to continue entering the correct letters. This happens for every letter I enter.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bfollett View Post
    OK, I have to admit I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this is already reported, but when I try to enter a high score using the keyboard the following happens: When I arrow over to the letter I want to enter and then press the Enter key, the letter is entered twice and I have to back space over the second occurrence to continue entering the correct letters. This happens for every letter I enter.

Bob
    Scroll up a few posts to #255.

the game crashes when you have got more than 125 friends playing pinballfx-2 at steam !

Since I do only have steam pinballfx-2 friends in steam and no other friends in friendlist, my game crashes when adding the 126th friend (which is also playing pinballfx-2)

Hopefully it wil help you solve the problem.

Extra Ball,
    inF. =PF=

(Pinball Family has got Weekly Challenges running and it is open to all =PF= members)
    Last edited by inF; 09-10-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks inF! If you can, please email support at zenstudios dot com and attach the dump file found in steamapps\common\Pinball FX2\ in your steam directory (if it creates one), plus any other details that might be important. The issue has been resolved for most people, so we're trying to get individual crash reports so we can resolve those too.

Got another Rome bug. The same bug I had some months ago. The ball got lost in the upper part of the table where the three firepots are.

I went to try Earth Defense for the first time today. Every time I click on it, Pinball FX2 immediately crashes. All other games open without issue. The only strange thing about my system is that it is running Windows XP.

While I'm sure it is probably common knowledge to the Zen folks by now, I haven't seen an official reply here and the problem is hinted at by Rooter's comment above:

PBFX2 has a big problem that is the result of a recent update (though I'm not sure if it is a Steam update or a PBFX2 update that triggered the issue).

In a nutshell: Many users of Steam unknowingly have a broken Avatar, and if you or ANY of your friends have a table in PBFX2 upon which their avatar is displayed (as a challenger, perhaps), the game will instantly crash when you click on that table - if your own avatar is the broken one, the game crashes immediately upon entering the menu screen.

Longer story: You may not know your avatar is broken, because it appears fine in all sizes except for its standard 184x184 pixel size, which you rarely view unless you're on your profile page. Nevertheless, due to a Steam update, it is likely that your avatar is broken and should be fixed.

Fixing it is simple: Just upload the image again, or switch to a standard Steam avatar. After you're done, be sure to RESTART Steam before opening PBFX2 again. Then you'll be able to access the menu screen and any tables that do not have challengers.

But in order to properly use PBFX2, all of your friends who may be challengers or leaderboard owners also need to fix their avatars. You can determine if their avatar is broken by visiting their Steam profile. If the avatar image doesn't show properly, that user needs to fix it. You can send them a message and hope they get to it before you want to play more pinball.

Alternatively, you can simply delete those friends from your account, restart Steam, and play normally. Just be sure to remember who they are so you can add them back when a patch is available that resolves this issue.

Lastly, @Zen: A patch is coming, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thegreybetween View Post

Lastly, @Zen: A patch is coming, right?
    Of course! I noticed these reports coming in as soon as the patch was issued and we're working on it. Thanks!

Talking

Feature request:
    • Full XBOX360 controller buttom remap.
    • Being able to disable the 360 controller.

I would love to play with my arcade stick cause it has way nicer buttons for this kinda game. Problem is the LB,RB, RT, LT buttons are placed completetly wrong. By either being able to rebind buttons or disable the controller ingame I can get around it. By disabling it ingame I can rebind the buttons to keyboard commands with Joy2key, which is not possible right now for the game still takes input from the controller at the same time.

Excellent game btw

You get a cuteness reward on Biolab LOL.

http://abload.de/img/2013-09-28_000017csgm.jpg

Bug 1: missing ramp texture (left ramp), already reported by others but now also reported via screenshot and PM to Deep and confirmed

Bug 2: the nurse mode has an English description in the German version

Bug 3: level 3 did not work. I press the left flipper to feed the creature but the X appeared and it was a mistake although I definitely pressed the correct button. It is a bug unless the feed/cheer up buttons are different in level 3 and not the same as in level 1 and 2.

Default Infinite Scoring Bug

Serious scoring bug on Return of the Jedi. I hit this twice in less than 2 hours of play. I don't know exactly what happens, but somehow the Tiberius vari-target gets stuck and starts repeatedly giving out the same score about once per second forever.

Once it happened when I was in C3PO hurry-up and then drained my last ball. The second time I wasn't in that, but I believe I did hit the vari-target. After it started happening I tried hitting the vari-target a couple more times. Each time it would give me a score in addition to the looping score. As the vari-target got pushed back, the position the looping score emanated from changed also, so I'm pretty sure that's what's generating it.

I could have just cradled the ball and gotten an infinitely high score, but I let it drain. The looped scoring even continued after the game was over and through initial entry. It didn't seem to stop counting up until returning to the score summary screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Serious scoring bug on Return of the Jedi. I hit this twice in less than 2 hours of play. I don't know exactly what happens, but somehow the Tiberius vari-target gets stuck and starts repeatedly giving out the same score about once per second forever.

Once it happened when I was in C3PO hurry-up and then drained my last ball. The second time I wasn't in that, but I believe I did hit the vari-target. After it started happening I tried hitting the vari-target a couple more times. Each time it would give me a score in addition to the looping score. As the vari-target got pushed back, the position the looping score emanated from changed also, so I'm pretty sure that's what's generating it.

I could have just cradled the ball and gotten an infinitely high score, but I let it drain. The looped scoring even continued after the game was over and through initial entry. It didn't seem to stop counting up until returning to the score summary screen.
    Thanks for the report, that sounds pretty bad. We haven't experienced this kind of problem. I will check this out ASAP.
    Last edited by deep; 10-17-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Thanks for the report, that sounds pretty bad. We haven't experienced this kind of problem. I will check this out ASAP.
    Found it, fixed, will patch ASAP. Thanks again.

Will highscores get reset because of the bug (unlikely though). Let's just say every score higher than mine used this exploit *joking*

Will highscores get reset because of the bug (unlikely though). Let's just say every score higher than mine used this exploit *joking*
    As of last night, I didn't see any scores that were too crazy. The game I drained out of with the bug was about 35 million, then later I got a legit 150 million or so and was about 3rd overall. I don't think anyone was over 200m, and I think Cloudhead was #1, so I'm sure his was legit.

Good work on the quick fix, though!

My record is only 40 millions. Maybe I used the exploit without knowing because I never reached this amount of points later on. I completed a mission, had two multiballs...still not close to my first score.

Nudging is essential not to lose the ball on the left side all the time.

Text and grammar errors, German version:

Return of the Jedi: scene 5 is called "Den Duell" which is wrong. Correct: "Das Duell" (the manual also says "Das Duell" but the DMD has the wrong gender, "Duell" is neutral, not masculine)

El Dorado: "unerwartet Schatz" (unexpected treasure) is wrong. Correct: "unerwarteter Schatz"

Paranomal: "Licht extraball" (light the extra ball), "Licht" is only a noun, not a verb -> wrong.

Captain America: "use the flipper um" (description of castle assault mission)... -> "use the flipper" is English, the German translation is missing

Already reported:

Biolab: there is no German description of the "feed the creature" minigame. An English text is displayed instead.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 10-17-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Thumbs up Never mind the complainers.

[/B]
    Farsight's Steam programmer made mention of the Steam issues on the pinballarcadefans forum, so unless we've joined forces to promote an irrelevant conspiracy, you can be sure that the problems did actually occur. And without final testing and all hands available to fix if a major problem occurs afterwards, we're not going to push a patch remotely.

If you total up all the Steam table sales, figure that nearly half of the sales were at 50% off, take out all the royalties and licensing that go to Microsoft, Valve, Marvel, etc., you'll see that it doesn't really buy a lot of extra help, especially when you first subtract the pre-launch development costs of the Steam version. Especially since anyone we hire, we try to keep for the long term, making us more cautious about how quickly we add staff. In this business, fortunes can change very rapidly and sales have lots of peaks and valleys, making it very hard to predict how many people you will be able to employ just a few months down the road.

There's a web of trade-offs between table prices, number of tables produced, post-launch support, number of platforms, etc. We'd like to have people to work on everything that needs making and fixing all the time, but people simply wouldn't be willing to pay what it would cost to support that kind of business. We're doing the best we can - really. And even with these annoying problems, I think our support still compares pretty well to other companies in the same league.
    You people are doing a great job! I love the tables. Look foward to all the rest!
    Cheers!!!

Possible bug but not sure:

Return of the Jedi, 3-player hot seat mode. It was a friend's turn, he lost the ball and it was my turn again. I only nudged the ball once with the left analog stick of my gamepad and the tilt message was shown. Maybe the nudge/tilt counter did not reset for my turn but my friend's counter was used for my turn, too.

Possible bug but not sure:

Return of the Jedi, 3-player hot seat mode. It was a friend's turn, he lost the ball and it was my turn again. I only nudged the ball once with the left analog stick of my gamepad and the tilt message was shown. Maybe the nudge/tilt counter did not reset for my turn but my friend's counter was used for my turn, too.
    Interesting, I will check. Can you test it on another table? Thanks

It's difficult to reproduce. My friend pressed the flipper buttons like mad during his "ball lost" sequence but we don't know if he touched the analog stick, too.

I think the game switched between players earlier than visible. If I press the B button to switch cameras during my "ball lost" sequence / at the end of this sequence it already changes the cam of the player up next.

RotJ: Rancor mission, part 2 is called "Den Exekution" (German version) -> wrong -> "Die Exekution".

TWO BUGS
    ========

1) NUDGE/TILT BUG

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Interesting, I will check. Can you test it on another table? Thanks
    I can confirm the bug. RotJ table...the nudge/tilt counter is supposed to be reset after each ball you lose, isn't it?
    The bug is most likely on all tables but we only tested it on RotJ and ESB.

=> we started a 2-player game just to check...(no actual playing but using the nudge function as soon as the ball is in play, then left it drain)

Player 1, ball 1 in play, nudge, nudge.
    Player 2, ball 1 in play, nudge, nudge.
    Player 1, ball 2 in play, nudge, nudge->TILT
    Player 2, ball 2 in play, nudge->TILT

Don't know why player 1 was able to nudge the ball 3 times before the tilt...however, player 2 got the tilt the first time he nudged the ball during ball 2.

2) ROME, OUT OF BOUNDS BUG

The Rome bug has not been fixed yet (I reported it some months ago) and occurs about every ~ fifth game, especially if you shoot the ball up the right lane with the left flipper and immediately hit the ball with the upper left flipper. The ball passes the Janus head and has enough speed to jump out off bounds. All you can do is quit the game as nothing works anymore (no way to get it back).

The ball stays in the lane behind the firepots...you can roll it left and reft (nudge the ball) but can't get it back in play.

Please either add an invisible wall that prevents the ball from jumping out of bounds or add a "search for lost balls" function.

http://abload.de/img/romebugcxd8q.jpg
    Last edited by LeanderL; 10-20-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Default Physical LED Board Support

Recommendation/Suggestion/Request:

I'm hoping someone tells me this exists..

I'd love to be able to use a physical LED board instead of the on screen one..

I don't expect to be able to do the graphical elements of the scoreboard.. but the score itself should be fairly easy to implement.

All it would need is either a plugin that can drive LED boards or an exposed function i can call to get the current score... I'd happily write some software if there was a hook into the game to get the data.

I'd even settle for just writing the current scores out to a file and i can poll that and display the scores on the LED board, making it universal.

That would be Awesome.
    Last edited by sambartle; 11-21-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Added clues

Quote Originally Posted by sambartle View Post
    Recommendation/Suggestion/Request:

I'm hoping someone tells me this exists..

I'd love to be able to use a physical LED board instead of the on screen one..

I don't expect to be able to do the graphical elements of the scoreboard.. but the score itself should be fairly easy to implement.

All it would need is either a plugin that can drive LED boards or an exposed function i can call to get the current score... I'd happily write some software if there was a hook into the game to get the data.

I'd even settle for just writing the current scores out to a file and i can poll that and display the scores on the LED board, making it universal.

That would be Awesome.
    I know that someone at Zen was talking with PinDMD.com, but I don't think anything came from it. The guy at PinDMD.com was able to hack Future Pinball to work with a real DMD. It included all the graphics, not just the score, so it shouldn't be a huge deal, especially if Zen is willing to put forth a tiny amount of effort.

I'm having issues with the game speed, Pasha in particular. Great simulator and pinball by the way, but it's a bit fast. Too fast going on and off the ramps or doing mini games with magnets and mini-flippers.

Anyone else noticed the same? It'd be cool if developers could tweak the speed a little bit more?

Thanks!
    Last edited by maboleth; 11-28-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maboleth View Post
    I'm having issues with the game speed, Pasha in particular. Great simulator and pinball by the way, but it's a bit fast. Too fast going on and off the ramps or doing mini games with magnets and mini-flippers.

Anyone else noticed the same? It'd be cool if developers could tweak the speed a little bit more?

Thanks!
    Just as an example, today I tested Pinball Arcade. That's exactly what pinball sim should do in terms of physics and speed. It just feels extraordinary real in that part. You can do various stuff with the flippers, like in real life (e.g. post pass, drop catch).

If anything, I'd lower the sensitivity of the flippers (or ball) in FX2. Currently, even if you hit with the base of the flipper, the ball can regain tremendous speed and power. I have to be really careful and tap the button 1000th of a second at the very base of a flipper if I want the ball to do a "post pass" and even then there's a chance I will rocket the ball.
    Last edited by maboleth; 11-29-2013 at 12:55 AM.

2 player game, I was player #2 and nudged the table twice in my round.. -> tilt! Dr. Strange table. A tilt message after two nudges isn't normal, is it?

This bug has been around for some time.

The other player didn't nudge the ball at all. Maybe I nuded it during ball 1 once...and during ball 2 twice... -> tilt. Still a bug.

Default I agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbot5000 View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE let us enter our high-score initials with the keyboard. You're finally on a platform that has a native text-input device attached to it, and we can't use it to enter our initials?!? Back when PFX2 came out on consoles, I recommended at least saving the initials last entered so we wouldn't have to use the controller to enter them every time. That didn't happen, and were still in the same situation now. Forcing people to use the flipper buttons to scroll to each letter may be authentic, but that doesn't make it a good thing.

Second this all the way. Please make this happen.

It might be coincidence but the game crashed today at the same time the Steam community became temporarily unavailable.

Hi there everyone. I'm very new to the pinball community but not to pinball. Ive been playing fx2 and zen pinball 2 (ipad) nonstop all year so far.

I have one very huge request, dunno if it will be done regarding licensing and stuff like that, but i was hoping you guys can please maybe create a terminator table, or lord of the rings....or even a ripleys believe it or not one!

I know there is a lot of copy write stuff involved regarding making a table like that, im asking this cause well....ive kinda had enough of marvel tables and the star wars one too and i find myself really enjoy the normal tables like tesla and paranormal....but in the same breath i have to admit i am also playing the crap out of the new darth vader table and the fear itself one too.

But that is my 2cents, i really hope it is possible to make these tables and that you (barbie) might be able to tell the guys this too.

Thank you all. Have a great new years and keep playing with your balls!!

Default Stop talking about mono sound in game ! !

My old post in "Pinball FX 2 - bugs/issues and recommendations" topic:

06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fpala View Post

Do you plan to update and correct the sounds in game (dolby SR or 5.1) ?

I don't play anymore with this steam version: All the sounds in game are in my center speaker (except the sounds of the interface)
    In the ps3 version and xbox360, the sounds are well distributed, musical themes for each table are in the others speakers, this is so much better...

I will not buy on steam any tables until the problem is resolved...

Do you know that there are people who have home cinema in 2013, i am not the only one on steam, i hope...

Thanks very much to awser me finally, third posts and no response from: Corrects sounds in game are not very important for you, that it is sad...

Barbiebobomb :
    I've not heard any other reports of this but I'll make sure the team is aware.

Now, 6 month later: NOTHING HAVE CHANGED ! thanks Zen studio !

As proof, no response from zen studio for the topic "Mono sound" open buy Laffer...

The message is clear: Stay in mono version Steam gamers !

Ok guys ? It's clears now, stop talking about this problem, it's not a problem for the purchasers of steam version !

Ps: Sorry for my english...
    Last edited by Fpala; 12-29-2013 at 07:21 PM.

I have no problems with sounds position except 2 tables - Rome and Earth Defense.
    On Rome when flippers go up the sound comes from front right and right surround, on their way down the sound is from the left speakers. Slingshots' table sounds come from both front speakers no matter which slingshot is hit, no sound from center.
    On Earth Defense all flipper sounds come from center and slingshots' sounds are the same as Rome.
    All other table sounds and sound effects on all tables i have sound as on the xbox version.

And of course there is the problem with Steam version where the music is mono, unlike the xbox version.
    Last edited by Ipos; 01-01-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipos View Post
    I have no problems with sounds position except 2 tables - Rome and Earth Defense.
    On Rome when flippers go up the sound comes from front right and right surround, on their way down the sound is from the left speakers. Slingshots' table sounds come from both front speakers no matter which slingshot is hit, no sound from center.
    On Earth Defense all flipper sounds come from center and slingshots' sounds are the same as Rome.
    All other table sounds and sound effects on all tables i have sound as on the xbox version.

And of course there is the problem with Steam version where the music is mono, unlike the xbox version.
    Ipos : You don't have tested pinball fx with 5.1 speakers system, so, stay with your two speakers system and shut up ! ! ! Pinball fx on "STEAM" have been programmed in mono sound output in each table.

I have tested it, and all sound and music are on my 5.1 center speaker by comparison with Ps3 and xbox 360 have true 5.1 sound systems.

It's totaly inaceptable in 2014 for a famous game, like pinball fx2 to be programmed in mono sound output only ! !

Yes, that mean pinball fx on steam is just a game with mono sound, unfortunatly.

Zen studio must respect the wonderfull work from the musicians who have made these musics and sounds, now in 2014, we can't accept this...

Today, all greats games have stereo or dolby surround sound, why pinball fx on steam is the only exception.

Zen Studio, give me an serious answer .
    Last edited by Fpala; 01-08-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Ipos : You don't have tested pinball fx with 5.1 speakers system, so, stay with your two speakers system and shut up ! ! ! Pinball fx on "STEAM" have been programmed in mono sound output in each table.

I have tested it, and all sound and music are on my 5.1 center speaker by comparison with Ps3 and xbox 360 have true 5.1 sound systems.

It's totaly inaceptable in 2014 for a famous game, like pinball fx2 to be programmed in mono sound output only ! !

Yes, that mean pinball fx on steam is just a game with mono sound, unfortunatly.

Zen studio must respect the wonderfull work from the musicians who have made these musics and sounds, now in 2014, we can't accept this...

Today, all greats games have stereo or dolby surround sound, why pinball fx on steam is the only exception.

Zen Studio, give me an serious answer .
    Sorry, you do not get to throw a tantrum, tell other forum members to "shut up" and then expect an answer. Come back in a week when you've calmed down and are ready to be polite.

When i saw Barbie have replied i was so hoping we'll get an answer why the music on Steam is mono.

Rable Rable Rable...
    If you reread my post you'll see that i mention surround and center speakers, those aren't available in 2.0 systems. Yep, i have proper 5.1 sound in all tables on Creative x-fi using spdif with dts connect and nvidia hdmi audio connected to my receiver.
    No problems with sound except the two tables i mentioned and the music is mono on all of them, but still coming from the front speakers.
    Last edited by Ipos; 01-09-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Default paranormal bug

moin! I have a mega problem-in the paranormal, I've already 20 bilion un even all balls, the ball is when the ball save on was from gone and has not come back, this is already the 2nd times the pasiert me that, at that time did I rebooted, but now I'm holding 20 bilion un even all balls, that's still ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥, so again, the ball is gone un comes can no longer return, on tilt will not work either, the only way is a reboot, but I do not see one in the mega points that I've already had mega if any one could help me, thanks. PLEASE HELP ME

Default Pincab?

Has anyone built a pincab around Pinball FX? I'm a huge fan of the PS3 version, so I want to build a custom pincab. I'm having problems getting my side buttons to map. Does Pinball FX support anything other than Xbox 360 controllers? I'd also like to be able to select the table using the flippers/launch button. I won't have a D-Pad on my pincab, so that will be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by scottchiefbaker View Post
    Has anyone built a pincab around Pinball FX? I'm a huge fan of the PS3 version, so I want to build a custom pincab. I'm having problems getting my side buttons to map. Does Pinball FX support anything other than Xbox 360 controllers? I'd also like to be able to select the table using the flippers/launch button. I won't have a D-Pad on my pincab, so that will be necessary.
    Go with the Steam version so you have the option to run VP, FP and later maybe Pro Pinball and Unit3D alongside to FX2.
    For a controller I'd recommend to hack a keyboard or buy a i-Pac 2.
    The latter is by far the best behaving controller I have in my cab. I used to run it alongside a Nanotech plunger kit which I replaced with a VirtuaPin plunger kit a while ago.
    The i-Pac registers as keyboard unlike the other two it doesn't need a software solution like xpadder to work. Also, unlike the other two it does work flawlessly.

If you want to know more about caps this thread is perhaps not the optimal place. If you are looking for information about cabs try vpforums.com, vpuniverse.com, pinballx.net, and hyperspin-fe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast