Thread: Some questions

Default Some questions

Hi!

I downloaded Pinball FX2 and bought the Classics Pack today. My questions:

1) Can you configure the controls manually instead of using preset keys?

2) A friend of mine has Windows 8 and the Mars table...where you can change the graphics from low to high...I haven't found such settings in Pinball FX 2 for Steam. Is there one? I only found the res. and MSAA setting.

3) I know it is early but which of the PS3/etc... tables will be added to the Steam version? Any plans? Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair and Paranormal would be awesome.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Hi!

I downloaded Pinball FX2 and bought the Classics Pack today. My questions:

1) Can you configure the controls manually instead of using preset keys?

2) A friend of mine has Windows 8 and the Mars table...where you can change the graphics from low to high...I haven't found such settings in Pinball FX 2 for Steam. Is there one? I only found the res. and MSAA setting.

3) I know it is early but which of the PS3/etc... tables will be added to the Steam version? Any plans? Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair and Paranormal would be awesome.
    1) No, but it's on the to-do list (no ETA)
    2) No, we don't have the lower setting available, which is intended for the Surface RT tablets. The system requirements to run at full detail are pretty low, so we didn't think the Low detail setting was necessary.
    3) The three you mentioned, for sure. The only ones that might not are Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter, and Plants Vs. Zombies. The PFX1 tables aside from Earth Defense and Excalibur won't make it either, I would imagine.

Thanks for your reply.

Sweet those other tables would be great. No harm done really with the others hehe.

Well no harm done except for Plants Vs Zombies. I can't tell you how much I want that table on Steam version. I would literally kill for it.

Lightbulb But think of the oldies!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    2) No, we don't have the lower setting available, which is intended for the Surface RT tablets. The system requirements to run at full detail are pretty low, so we didn't think the Low detail setting was necessary.
    3) The three you mentioned, for sure. The only ones that might not are Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter, and Plants Vs. Zombies. The PFX1 tables aside from Earth Defense and Excalibur won't make it either, I would imagine.
    Would it be possible to add the "Low" quality setting from the Win8 version to Steam please? As well as my desktop PC, I sometimes game on my somewhat old (but still working very well) laptop and the Steam version stutters a lot on this. The Mars table on the Windows 8 version plays great on it so I was surprised when the Steam version ran slowly on it. I would guess there are others in the same boat. I am also considering getting an Atom based Win8 tablet at the moment so it would be useful there too.

I think it would be a shame not to include Street Fighter. I love that table. Really looking forward to Sorcerer's Lair, Excalibur, and Earth Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MattAtRuss View Post
    I think it would be a shame not to include Street Fighter.
    It's a shame, but it's probably a clause in their contract. The full name of the table is "Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix Tribute". The last time I checked, the actual game of SSF2T: HD Remix is only available on XBLA and PSN. It's possible the contract is limited to those two platforms. This will also explain why the Wii-U didn't get the table either.

I'm surprised about the Plants vs Zombies table though, considering that it released out on the Wii-U version recently and the actual game is available on the PC.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by iCub View Post
    Would it be possible to add the "Low" quality setting from the Win8 version to Steam please? As well as my desktop PC, I sometimes game on my somewhat old (but still working very well) laptop and the Steam version stutters a lot on this. The Mars table on the Windows 8 version plays great on it so I was surprised when the Steam version ran slowly on it. I would guess there are others in the same boat. I am also considering getting an Atom based Win8 tablet at the moment so it would be useful there too.
    I'll check into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    So, if I understood corectly, we can get next tables on Steam as DLC in future: Epic Quest, Mars, Paranormal, Sorcerers Lair, Civil War, Fantastic Four and Captain America. The rest of them (Ninja Gaiden, Plants VS Zombies, Street Fighter II, Nightmare Mansion and the rest of Pinball FX) will not be for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    So, if I understood corectly, we can get next tables on Steam as DLC in future: Epic Quest, Mars, Paranormal, Sorcerers Lair, Civil War, Fantastic Four and Captain America. The rest of them (Ninja Gaiden, Plants VS Zombies, Street Fighter II, Nightmare Mansion and the rest of Pinball FX) will not be for sure.
    Yes, those ones should make it eventually.

Plants vs Zombies is apparently up in the air due to possible contractual problems. Not sure what the deal is, as like Shogun said that game is on PC (it actually started on PC before XBLA and iOS; I have the actual DVD-ROM for it).

And I've never heard one way or the other about Ms Splosion man (other than that it won't go to PS3). Ms Splosion man (the game) is actually on Steam now, and actually has the same publisher as Pinball FX2, Microsoft Game Studios! I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get it; I love that one.

Are there any hints concerning new tables and their release dates, e.g. 1 month, 6 months, 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Are there any hints concerning new tables and their release dates, e.g. 1 month, 6 months, 1 year?
    We'll have more features/content for Steam very soon! I'll let you all know when the time comes

I really hope that whatever "red tape" needs to be cut for you to be allowed to bring the PvZ table to PC/Mac/iOS gets cut at some point. I don't have an Xbox or a PS3 but I've played the PvZ table on a friend's console and it is probably my favorite table.

Thanks again for bringing PinballFX2 to Steam! I am disappointed to see so much complaining on the Steam forums about price and such. Many people fail to realize how deep an experience each table is. Great job Zen Studios!

Looking forward to new Star Wars tables. I hope that Disney doesn't mess with your contract with Lucasarts to finish the tables you have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by jujohnso View Post

Looking forward to new Star Wars tables. I hope that Disney doesn't mess with your contract with Lucasarts to finish the tables you have planned.
    Our contract is fine, no need to worry.