Thread: First Impressions

Default First Impressions

My first impressions are overwhelmingly positive. Glowing even!

Looks fantastic. I only have a mid-level machine but I was still able to enable anti-aliasing. I can see so much more detail than I could on the PS3. In fact, this really serves to highlight just how ancient the PS3 hardware is at this point.

I could only afford to buy one pack right now so I went with the Avengers pack. I really like ALL the Zen Pinball tables (except maybe for Street Fighter, lol) but Fear Itself and Infinity Gauntlet have a special magical something extra.

I also really like the interface. Except, please let us remove the huge and unappealing camera and pause buttons in the upper right. They are the one jarring element in an otherwise very elegant design.

Kudos to the entire Zen team. And thank you!

PS: I'm generally something of a negative old geezer. So I don't gush with praise like this very often.

Totally agree with you. The game is fantastic, I did not know about all the very useful and cool options, specially the ball trail, and did not expect that much quality on the visuals and physics. Also these cam and pause buttons are annoying me too and that is the only bad point for me, surrounded by a million of good things.

Playing the Marvel Pinball Original pack and it is amazing. Oh man I am so happy these tables are finally on PC, and even better on Steam.

Awesome job Zen. But please, would you mind doing something about these top right squares ? I understand it's for mouse playing, but an option to turn it off would be just perfect for non mouse users. lol

Yes fantastic but the demo tables have this measly time limit or max score. You can't really get a feel for any of the tables. Even though I have played pinball Zen/TPA/Real pinball or otherwise, This isn't good even for first timers. I can't even get a grasp of the PBFX2 core tables.

Yes it's a big complaint. I just wish the limit was extended or the max score was extended a bit more for all the tables.

Bio lab looks real interesting of the bunch. Also the fact that I can't use a simple controller to play is frustrating and I will have to shell out some money to microsoft for a controller that can work with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Yes fantastic but the demo tables have this measly time limit or max score. You can't really get a feel for any of the tables. Even though I have played pinball Zen/TPA/Real pinball or otherwise, This isn't good even for first timers. I can't even get a grasp of the PBFX2 core tables.

Yes it's a big complaint. I just wish the limit was extended or the max score was extended a bit more for all the tables.

Bio lab looks real interesting of the bunch. Also the fact that I can't use a simple controller to play is frustrating and I will have to shell out some money to microsoft for a controller that can work with this game.
    I think Secret's of the Deep is pretty cool from what I've played. I'm not a big fan of the music on Bio Lab, but it's cool too. That's enough to warrant a $9 purchase for me. Also, someone else had some luck getting overall everything working with Xpadder with their controller. I'm going to try maybe later tonight.

Ok, so I've had a program called Pinnacle Game Profiler that I downloaded for Future Pinball. Someone made a custom layout for the game. I just changed the game from Future Pinball to PBFX2 and it works! I didn't do a thing to the profile besides changing the program it wants to use the layout for. Here's the thing, the flippers work, and nudging up works. I'll have to tinker with it a bit to get everything else working properly, but it's certainly a start. I'm using a ps2 controller with a dongle, by the way. I think this program you have to pay for though I got a "your trial is over" message, but mine still worked.

"I also really like the interface. Except, please let us remove the huge and unappealing camera and pause buttons in the upper right. They are the one jarring element in an otherwise very elegant design. "

I second this.

And yeah this is amazing. As in I can spend 50 bucks and get everything and be happy. With AA and 1080p these tables look a gen beyond the PS3. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Default Amazing

Well Zen you pulled it out of the bag. Pinball FX2 on Steam is incredible. It's better than I had anticipated, I am so happy. Like others have said (and I trust this will be one of the first updates you do) the camera pause squares in the top right of the screen are the ONLY criticism I have. 9/10.