Thread: How to play on second monitor in portrait mode?

Default How to play on second monitor in portrait mode?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the options about which monitor the game plays on... Shouldn't there be like a borderless windowed mode or something so it can just go on whatever screen?
    GT: Knighted PSN: techknight

Not sure, I have mine working on the primary monitor. Hopefully something they'll cover when adding cabinet support. I know people will definitely want to have full control over the size and position of the DMD on an alternate monitor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Not sure, I have mine working on the primary monitor. Hopefully something they'll cover when adding cabinet support. I know people will definitely want to have full control over the size and position of the DMD on an alternate monitor as well.
    Hah, that would be kind of fun to have a giant DMD on my main monitor. It's really weird that Zen didn't think to support switching monitors, it seems like a really basic feature to have in pinball software. Unfortunately I can't rotate my main display, and it would be kind of weird to have to do so every time I wanted to play anyway.
    GT: Knighted PSN: techknight

That would indeed be very nice.. I'm missing that aswell.

I have a hdmi switch with my 2 monitors on, so when I want to play pinball on my 2nd portraid mode monitor I switch my hdmi swith to only use the 2nd monitor wich turns into the main display with just the click of a button.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by techknight View Post
    Hah, that would be kind of fun to have a giant DMD on my main monitor. It's really weird that Zen didn't think to support switching monitors, it seems like a really basic feature to have in pinball software. Unfortunately I can't rotate my main display, and it would be kind of weird to have to do so every time I wanted to play anyway.
    It's actually pretty easy to set something up. I have a single icon set up so when I double click it the following happens:

1) My display rotates to portrait
    2) Pinball fx2 starts
    3) The other display shows nothing but a pinball fx wallpaper
    when I exit pinball fx, the display rotates back to its original position.

All this is easy to do with auto hotkey (free open source) and irotate.exe (freeware). I could help via some suggestions and sample scripts if anyone is interested.

What I did was got a popular program called UltraMon. When you install it you can right click on the Pinball FX2 icon and go to properties. Now you'll have a new tab called UltraMon - Display. From here you can tell it to start on the second monitor. There's a lot of other settings you can apply too like orientation.

The Windows 8 version supports dynamic monitor switching by using Win+PgUp or Win+PgDwn shortcut keys. I use it to play on my second monitor in Portrait mode.
    However the the Steam version crashes when using the corresponding keys: Shift+Win+Arrow (left or right).
    Se my post here: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...in-Shift-Arrow