Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rooter
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ClarkKent
    Moving a freely placeable DMD to another monitor would be important, too. It's just in the way on the playfield...

And please add a pro-player setting - especially the slingshots do absolutely not behave like on a real machine!
    The DMD drives me crazy! There are so many awesome things to see on each table. It's pretty annoying to have them blocked. It's infuriating to have the DMD affect game play because the ball is hidden behind it. The top of the screen is 3-4 feet away from me when I play, I can't see the ball through the DMD.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by rooter
      The DMD drives me crazy! There are so many awesome things to see on each table. It's pretty annoying to have them blocked. It's infuriating to have the DMD affect game play because the ball is hidden behind it. The top of the screen is 3-4 feet away from me when I play, I can't see the ball through the DMD.
      You can change the size, location and even turn it off completely in the settings.

Comment

• djjoke
        • Oct 2013

Hey Barbiebobomb,

what is the current state of reprogramming pinball fx2 for cabinet users?
        We are waiting now a couple of month and nothing happen.

I am a professional cabinet builder in Germany and need the update to implement pinball fx2 into
        my cabs. My customers can hardly wait to play pinball fx2 with full cabinet support.

I´m waiting to hear some news.

Greetings

DJJoke

Comment

• LoadedWeapon
          Pinhead
          • May 2013

Well it works great in the cab now.. You can Rotate the screen, change camera angle and setup controls.. just cant use a second screen for dmd yet..

Comment

• nromo
            Pinhead
            • Sep 2013

A good reason to support pin cabs..

Originally posted by Solitude
            We're going to do as much as we can to make things easy, and stuff that's hard or impossible to work around is higher priority that stuff that is easier to work around.

But I don't think any of it is going to have a noticeable impact on sales. We just want to do it because pincabs are cool.
            If you look back at the history of hobbyists, you will find that many companies supported hobbyists in the early days which led to formation of new markets in that hobby. Model railroading is a good example. Had early supporters not developed products, there would have been no interest or market for that area of the hobby. This is no different. Once pin cabs catch on, you will reap the profits of this new and exciting market. You must think about the future not always next quarter profits.

Comment

• DYSEQTA
              • Jun 2013

So....

OK so I have been watching and since my last post I have seen stacks of tables released and not a single change made to support pincab users. I have still bought every table hoping that I was just being impatient but it has been over 6 months and not even the DMD request has been sorted??

Come on guys. Is it really that hard to take some time to implement some of these wishes? It is really starting to feel like this promising of pincab feature support was just a sales spin and I'm a sucker.

Comment

• nromo
                Pinhead
                • Sep 2013

Whats up with DMD support?

Why are you taking so long in providing support for DMD on second display? A little info would be nice Zen?!

Comment

• gamester
                  • Feb 2013

I'm starting to believe that Farsight is going to beat them to the punch with a cabinet friendly offering. Never would have imagined that a few months ago. Very disappointed in the seeming lack of progress on this from Zen.

Maybe they will surprise us, but I've stopped holding my breath...

Comment

• LoadedWeapon
                    Pinhead
                    • May 2013

Yea it's kinda crazy I know it wouldent take long to add a movable DMD. I have been behind them this whole time and payed full price for every table on release day to help support them. But they havent supported us and i'm not going to get any more till they do something about the DMD it drives me crazy to have to shrink it down and put it in a corner and not being able to see it good...

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2012

Sorry - we've got tons of things to fix/update across many platforms, doing cabinet support is on the list, though it is not our number one priority right now.

Comment

• insx
                        • Nov 2013

Just adding my voice here as a noob to Pinball FX2. I just bought the Humble Bundle in the hope that cabinet support will be here soon. I don't enjoy tinkering and creating scripts all that much so for me I expect a commercial product to be reasonably easy to set up.

Things I would like to see:

DMD freely movable to 2nd or 3rd monitor
                        Fixed camera portrait mode easily selectable
                        Controls mapped to any joystick buttons
                        Backglass displayed on 2nd monitor
                        Analogue nudge support

Comment

• Zeiram
                          • Dec 2013

Long time supporter...

...first time cab player.

I've been happy to support Zen for a number of years, and on multiple platforms. I've purchased several tables at least 2 if not 3 times over. A few months ago, I decided to take the plunge on a cabinet - primarily for VP and FP, but I always knew I'd end up putting FX2 on it at some point. Well tonight was the night... OMG. I had no idea what I was missing. Seeing the entire playfield makes such a huge difference in terms of playability and enjoyment.

I still have a bit of tweaking to do on the input side, but it was no hardship to get individual table and back glass selection running in PinballX alongside all my other tables, and the load experience is no worse than some of the heavier FP tables. PinDMD support (or at least movable DMDs) remains the only item left on my wishlist. You guys have always done alright in my book, and I'm one happy camper. Can't wait to unleash this at my next party.

Comment

• insx
                            • Nov 2013

It seems that the moveable DMD is the one thing that can't be worked around.

Comment

• DYSEQTA
                              • Jun 2013

Unbelievable

Wow... 1 month short of a year and still nothing beyond in-game portrait view and remapping of controls.

That is just pathetic.

Comment

• mpad
                                • May 2013

Come on ZEN. Just lay a TV flat on the table and adjust a view for it in your engine. Should be two hours work. Making a patch maybe another two.

Gesendet von meinem Q10 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...