Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 117 of 117

Thread: Suggestions for cabinets

  1. #101

    Default

    Small suggestion: please make an option to disable any camera movement, but especially for the plunger cam.
    All that movement and zooming whom the camera goes from table view to the plunger makes me puke

  2. #102
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpad View Post
    Small suggestion: please make an option to disable any camera movement, but especially for the plunger cam.
    All that movement and zooming whom the camera goes from table view to the plunger makes me puke
    +1 to this too please. Camera movement is not required on cabinets. Also, could an option be added to disable the scrolling while in 'attract mode' too? I'd much prefer a full, top down view of the table.

    Thank you.

  3. #103

    Default

    Improved playfield size would definitely be a good thing. With all the views available, i can't find one that Id say is spot on for the cab...ball looks too small and flippers are quite high up the playfield etc. Im sure a tweek here and there would make all the difference.

    The ultimate would be the option to tweek the size ourselves i.e. a custom view option.

    But not complaining...official cab support is a great option to have.

    Plus...(unless there is already and I can't find it)...a backglass pack.

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Improved playfield size would definitely be a good thing. With all the views available, i can't find one that Id say is spot on for the cab...ball looks too small and flippers are quite high up the playfield etc. Im sure a tweek here and there would make all the difference.

    The ultimate would be the option to tweek the size ourselves i.e. a custom view option.

    But not complaining...official cab support is a great option to have.

    Plus...(unless there is already and I can't find it)...a backglass pack.
    i'm complaining abit , i would like a custom camera for all tables..camera 8..let us set the zoom and angle ect..few sliders is all we need for height,angle and zoom...it would be a godsend.

  5. #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    A lot of great ideas for cabinet-mode improvements in this thread (particularly requests of support for force-feedback, real DMD and improved cameras etc.)

    Are there any updates coming soon that are including some of the suggestions in this thread please?

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_greeze View Post
    A lot of great ideas for cabinet-mode improvements in this thread (particularly requests of support for force-feedback, real DMD and improved cameras etc.)

    Are there any updates coming soon that are including some of the suggestions in this thread please?
    I don't have any news to share about new features now but if any are added in an upcoming patch I'll be sure to post the changes for you all

  7. #107
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_greeze View Post
    A lot of great ideas for cabinet-mode improvements in this thread (particularly requests of support for force-feedback, real DMD and improved cameras etc.)

    Are there any updates coming soon that are including some of the suggestions in this thread please?
    Agreed, real DMD support would be great. Many of us have the new color pinDMD3 now in our cabs, and this integration would really enhance the FX2 experience.

  8. #108

    Default Suggestions for cabinets


  9. #109

    Default

    May have to see what dmd I have (never used it) and see if I can get it working with Zen.

    Ive said this before, but for me, the game would be miles better if the playfield could be size adjusted...at the moment, whilst CS is good and definitely easy to set up, it could be improved by having the playfield resizable (custom). When I'm playing, part of the table is missing and the flippers start half way up the table (slight exaggeration). Being able to adjust this somehow would be really good. (Hint hint)

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    When I'm playing, part of the table is missing and the flippers start half way up the table (slight exaggeration). Being able to adjust this somehow would be really good. (Hint hint)
    Don't know which view you are using but camera 2 works pretty well for me. I like that the flippers are not in the very bottom of that view so that it more resembles real pinball cabinets where the flippers start a bit up in the table:
    http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...790724-cl2.jpg

  11. #111
    Junior Member Psy-Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Support dinput-based sensors (e.g. nudge sensor) so that we can map the X/Y axes to the analog nudge "left stick" that PFX2 already grabs through XInput. I know chances are slim for this, but I thought I'd ask

  12. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-Q View Post
    Support dinput-based sensors (e.g. nudge sensor) so that we can map the X/Y axes to the analog nudge "left stick" that PFX2 already grabs through XInput. I know chances are slim for this, but I thought I'd ask
    You can already do this using xpadder

  13. #113
    Junior Member Psy-Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpad View Post
    You can already do this using xpadder
    Do you have a configuration that works for that? I'm using Zeb's nudge sensor and with that I can only map to digital nudge (via mapping to WASD), not analog nudge (which PFX2 expects to come from an xinput controller's left stick). It might be possible to use x360ce to map the X/Y of Zeb's sensor to an xinput X/Y, but x360ce seems to crash PFX2 for me

    Or are you saying the analog nudge on the controller is not analog in PFX2 but that it just maps to digital nudge anyway? Then I think Xpadder alone could work.

  14. #114
    Junior Member Psy-Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    13

    Default Command-line switch for cabinet on/off

    How about a command-line switch to enable or disable cabinet mode, so I can always start up in cabinet mode on my cab but still play the odd desktop session when I don't have my cab, such as during work? Err, during downtime?

  15. #115
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    7

    Default Force feedback

    I see some old posts about LEDWiz and force feedback. Having just got flipper force feedback working with PinBall FX2 (see the cabinet sticky of you're interested), I'd love to see some form of output from FX2 that allows others to make force feedback for jets, slingshots, targets, etc work with cabinet force feedback setups.

    While it would be ideal if you guys added force feedback, I can understand why its may not make the development list given the niche use. Perhaps the easy way is to provide some output and let people in the community do the 3rd party work as I've start to do.

  16. #116
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb optional Button to add a extra Player

    For Cabinet Support: It would be nice to have a extra optional Button to add a extra Player (up to 4) during the first Ball play, like on a real Pinball machine. I have a Pinball Cabinet and that would be awesome! No strugel anymore to add a extra player, that would be a nice Christmas present!

  17. #117
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpad View Post
    Small suggestion: please make an option to disable any camera movement, but especially for the plunger cam.
    All that movement and zooming whom the camera goes from table view to the plunger makes me puke
    This is definitely needed. As well as a static camera for any smaller play fields and side flippers. I hate when the camera suddenly moves to a certain portion of the play field. An add a player button would be great. I wouldn't mind if zen created their own front end. Back box support would be nice for vertical play field elements such as paranormal and sorcerers lair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •