Thread: Pinball FX2 and HyperPin - got it to work on my Pincab. A small wishlist :)

Default Pinball FX2 and HyperPin - got it to work on my Pincab. A small wishlist :)

Thanks for releasing Pinball FX2 to Steam. I'm enjoying this game very much and looking at a few pinball related forums it seems I'm not the only one :)

Most Pincabs use the HyperPin to select between tables. Integrating Pinball FX2 into HyperPin was a bit of a challenge, but I found a solution that works at least for me.
    Instructions are here. They are nothing for the faint of heart.

I have a few requests for future Pincab support. Just in case you are looking for some feedback.

1) More options to set keyboard bindings. At the moment the options are very limited for each key, and you can't change the bindings for menu navigation (currently arrow keys, esc, tab, enter) at all.
    It would be awesome if we had an option to change all those to the keys to the bindings we need at will.
    It doesn't need to be pretty. A ini or xml file or a few parameters in the registry override the in-game settings would do.

2) Command line options
    Running "Pinball FX2.exe" gives me an protection fault every time I run it, looks like the application has to be run over steam.
    The best way I've found to do that out of a script is starting "Steam.exe -applaunch 226980"
    Note that Steam.exe allows to pass command line options to the application if you put them after that command.
    So here is my wishlist for command line parameters:
    -play %tablename% - for starting a given table directly
    -nologo - or at least something to let us bypass that extra keypress at the start of the game
    -rotate=left|right - all screens in Pincabs are usually set to landscape mode. It would make things a bit easier if Pinball FX2 could rotate to portrait without changing the system's screen orientation.

You might worry that you lose a channel to announce a new DLC pack if you let us bypass the in-game table selection.
    I don't think this will be a problem. If you release something new we'll know one way or another.

Edit: Forgot one of those parameters
    Last edited by Sir Cheddar; 05-12-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Default +1

+1 for the Commandline options:
    -play %tablename% - for starting a given table directly
    -nologo - or at least something to let us bypass that extra keypress at the start of the game

That would totally make a pincab/hyperspin setup far more appealing, giving each table the spotlight in the frontend rather than having only 1 entry in the menu.