Thread: Multiplayer of Star Wars pinball working?

Default Multiplayer of Star Wars pinball working?

Hey,

I tried yesterday and today to get connected to anyone but whenever i start muliplayer i just sit the lobby and no one connects. Is it actually working for anyone?

It works, but not many people play it. Your best bet is to send invites to a few friends.

EDIT: I (or someone else) should probably start a trophy boosting thread for that one online trophy.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-15-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Lol i think i saw you sittin there last night and today before i went to work! I was gonna jump in but i was preoccupied with getting my force score up. Your id was slightly different though, right? Send me a friend request, ill play against ya!

@ Shogun good idea. I'd be glad to help out any of the late night gamers. Anyone feel free to shoot me a request with Star Wars or Zen Pin in the message.

PSN ID : MarkItZeroSmoky
    Version : PS3
    Region: Central (GMT -6)
    Hours on: Midnight untill i passout..lol...occaisionally late mornings/early afternoons before work.
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 05-16-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Yeah looks like this trophy needs boosting. My PSN is JesteR1701one. I live on the east coast.

Feel free to add me. Make sure to put "Stars Wars Pinball" in the invite message.

PSN: shogun00
    Version: PS3
    Region: East Coast (GMT -5)

Note: The PS3 and Vita versions don't have Cross-Play, so we all have to be playing the same version when playing an online multiplayer game.

I'm usually available in the evening. Sometimes in the afternoon as well.

EDIT: I guess we can make this thread into the boosting thread.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-16-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Feel free to add me. Make sure to put "Stars Wars Pinball" in the invite message.

PSN: shogun00
    Version: PS3
    Region: East Coast (GMT -5)

Note: The PS3 and Vita versions don't have Cross-Play, so we all have to be playing the same version when playing an online multiplayer game.
    Hm that sucks i play on Vita. I thought it had cross play .

Quote Originally Posted by JesteR1701one View Post
    Hm that sucks i play on Vita. I thought it had cross play .
    The only Cross-Play is with the leader boards. I can see why it's limited to one version. After playing Dead or Alive 5 online with cross-play. I've found out that about 80% of the Vita players have crappy online connections (probably due to Wi-Fi limitations).

Are you always on vita? I couldve sworn that was your id (or very close, which would be kinda unlikely) sitting in the multiplayer host screen waiting on players. Is it definite the cross-play doesnt work with ps3 and the standalone as well? Ill be on in a little while if your still hanging around, we'll see if it works.

Anyone else that needs the trophy on ps3 ill help out, just see my info a couple posts up...

I'll be on tomorrow morning around 10 or 11. Hit me up then if you all are able. I'm at work right now.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Are you always on vita? I couldve sworn that was your id (or very close, which would be kinda unlikely) sitting in the multiplayer host screen waiting on players. Is it definite the cross-play doesnt work with ps3 and the standalone as well? Ill be on in a little while if your still hanging around, we'll see if it works.

Anyone else that needs the trophy on ps3 ill help out, just see my info a couple posts up...
    When i see you ill just invite you on my Vita. Then we know if it works or not.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I might as well join the fray.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Is it definite the cross-play doesnt work with ps3 and the standalone as well?
    I'm not 100% certain for the standalone app. Zen has confirmed it for the ZP2 version.

Yeah i need help with that trophy. Its impossible to get 3 other players in a game right now.

Please add me if you want to try it over the weekend. PSN: JesteR1701one

I was lucky enough to get the trophy last night.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Yeah! That was a lot of fun.

STTC and I were just lucky. I made an open game and invited STTC (since he was available) and waited for two others. It only took a few minutes surprisingly and it didn't take too long for the two of us to get the gold trophy.

I was hoping to create a boosting game, but none of my other buddies were available.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-17-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Yeah! That was a lot of fun.

STTC and I were just lucky. I made an open game and invited STTC (since he was available) and waited for two others. It only took a few minutes surprisingly and it didn't take too long for the two of us to get the gold trophy.

I was hoping to create a boosting game, but none of my other buddies were available.
    Lol the other 2 Players didn't know what hit them

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Lol the other 2 Players didn't know what hit them
    LOL! It only took us a few minutes for the two of us to get the trophy. For me it was 90 seconds (first game) and you about 3 minutes (second game).

This was playing the Boba Fett table at a 25 million score goal (no penalty). Very easy if you are good at starting up and completing the missions. All I did was hit the Empire orbit quickly 3 times, selected the 30 million mission, hit all of the lit lanes and sink the ball into the ship. Done!
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-17-2013 at 05:43 PM.

LOL! It only took us a few minutes for the two of us to get the trophy. For me it was 90 seconds (first game) and you about 3 minutes (second game).

This was playing the Boba Fett table at a 25 million score goal (no penalty). Very easy if you are good at starting up and completing the missions. All I did was hit the Empire orbit quickly 3 times, selected the 30 million mission, hit all of the lit lanes and sink the ball into the ship. Done!
    Yeh I did the same thing, although my muscle memory was a bit off largely due to playing Injustice Gods Among Us.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I just got mine as well. I experienced some sorta bug though....i was waiting around watchin the lobby for a bit. Not much action goin on. I finally get into a match on CW, but it started with 3. A fourth jumped in right after i pulled plunger. Game was a 5 min goal. I was way in the lead (thanks to Liberation HU) and the ticker counted to zero. But the game never ended. Play continued with no time remaining, never shot back to the finish screen. I was playing with Steppenwolf1969, but didnt know the other guys. But all four players had their avatar on screen. However only Stepp's & my point arrows were moving, dont know if the others backed out, causing thr glitch/bug.

Anyway....i just backed out & happened to jump into a pre-game lobby lobby with 3 already waiting....CW with a 10 million goal u know what i spammed...took all of 35...45 seconds haha

MP is dead on the Vita. So far i only played against one other person....

Mines not wrking... any suggestions?
    Last edited by cardozosula; 07-07-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cardozosula View Post
    Mines not working... any suggestions?
    What's not working? Details please! Also which platform? Vita? PS3?

ROD

Question

Anybody know how to block players who use a PS Eye or any other WebCams? Its just too distracting & TMI. Remember that what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by ROD View Post
    Anybody know how to block players who use a PS Eye or any other WebCams? Its just too distracting & TMI. Remember that what has been seen cannot be unseen.
    On the Vita you can only kick someone if you are the host. You just highlight their avatar on lobby screen and a button appears asking if you want to kick. PS3 is probably the same not sure, never had to use it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustauve View Post
    On the Vita you can only kick someone if you are the host. You just highlight their avatar on lobby screen and a button appears asking if you want to kick. PS3 is probably the same not sure, never had to use it there.
    It's the same for the PS3.

You can also just deactivate the A/V chat setting in the options menu.

ROD

Thanks Gustauve & shogun00. I appreciate the help. Good to know we are on the same side instead of getting into some deadly lightsaber combat like a bunch of crazy Jedi squirrels..

funnyanimalz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ROD View Post
    Thanks Gustauve & shogun00. I appreciate the help. Good to know we are on the same side instead of getting into some deadly lightsaber combat like a bunch of crazy Jedi squirrels..
    LOL!

I've learned my lesson when I played Marvel Pinball for the first time online. My very first online pinball game experience ever and the host had a webcam who was laying on his couch with a plumbers crack.

I quickly learned how deactive the camera AV settings after that incident.

Red face

LOL!

I've learned my lesson when I played Marvel Pinball for the first time online. My very first online pinball game experience ever and the host had a webcam who was laying on his couch with a plumbers crack.

I quickly learned how deactive the camera AV settings after that incident.
    Ok, this is the funniest post ive ever read on Zen forums.