Thread: Are the High Scores legitimate?

Default Are the High Scores legitimate?

A couple of the top scores are way higher than the people coming in second. For example, 2nd place has around 150 million, and first place has a couple billion. That's quite a gap.

So are these legitimate? Also the first place wizard score is incredibly higher than third/second place.

I'm not trying to put these people down (if they're legit), it's just that it's become so common to see cheated leader boards in games lately, so naturally I'm curious and maybe even suspicious.

Which tables?

It's not too hard to get over a couple billion on certain tables. Heck, I have over 2.4 billion on the Blade table for the PS3.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by pinballkid View Post
    A couple of the top scores are way higher than the people coming in second. For example, 2nd place has around 150 million, and first place has a couple billion. That's quite a gap.

So are these legitimate? Also the first place wizard score is incredibly higher than third/second place.

I'm not trying to put these people down (if they're legit), it's just that it's become so common to see cheated leader boards in games lately, so naturally I'm curious and maybe even suspicious.
    There are some that are not legit - we're going to be dealing with them.

Spider-man has sort of an exploit that skilled players willing to grind can use. The scores in the Wizard mode are multiplied based off your prior records for the number of times completing each mission in a game (the J. Jonah Jameson one being quickest/easiest). So there will be some ridiculous scores on that table, which is kind of a shame as it does skew the SuperScore quite a bit when some people can get like 25x my entire SuperScore from 23 tables on one table alone.

I have not tried this out, but have read about it: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ull=1#post8307

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Spider-man has sort of an exploit that skilled players willing to grind can use. The scores in the Wizard mode are multiplied based off your prior records for the number of times completing each mission in a game (the J. Jonah Jameson one being quickest/easiest). So there will be some ridiculous scores on that table, which is kind of a shame as it does skew the SuperScore quite a bit when some people can get like 25x my entire SuperScore from 23 tables on one table alone.
    That only applies to the 360 version and Marvel Pinball for the PS3. The rules set has been slightly altered on the newer versions (ZP2 for PS3, Vita, Mac and Wii-U; PFX2 for Steam and Windows 8). Spamming the JJ mission gives you a better result now, than spamming the wizard mode (unless you are good with multiball).

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    That only applies to the 360 version and Marvel Pinball for the PS3. The rules set has been slightly altered on the newer versions (ZP2 for PS3, Vita, Mac and Wii-U; PFX2 for Steam and Windows 8). Spamming the JJ mission gives you a better result now, than spamming the wizard mode (unless you are good with multiball).
    Good to know. Still seems like there must be something up if someone can score 38 billion points on Spider-man, though. Most of the high scores on other tables are only in the 100 to 200 million range right now. I could see a few billion being possible for elite players like yourself, but 38 billion?

Good to know. Still seems like there must be something up if someone can score 38 billion points on Spider-man, though. Most of the high scores on other tables are only in the 100 to 200 million range right now. I could see a few billion being possible for elite players like yourself, but 38 billion?
    I scored 8 billion on the PS3 version (ZP2) and that was just spamming the JJ mission over 100 times in one game. Doing that, playing wizard mode and using the save function. With all of that it isn't too hard to score 38 Billion. Heck, the top score on the PS3 version of Zen Pinball 2 is over 500 Billion, while the MP version is over a Trillion.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Still a little weird that Spider-man scores are so high when it's hard to break like 5 million on Tesla. Oh well, that's why the per-game leaderboards mean more than the SuperScore.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Still a little weird that Spider-man scores are so high when it's hard to break like 5 million on Tesla. Oh well, that's why the per-game leaderboards mean more than the SuperScore.
    Tesla is a pretty low-scoring table, that's just how it was made

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    No worries, maybe you guys are just following what happened with real tables in the '90s when the scores just kept getting bigger. Attack from Mars gives you like 200 million just for destroying the first UFO!

I still enjoy playing all the tables regardless of their relative scores.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Each table is going to be different just like real pinball machines and that includes the scoring strategies.

There are a couple ways to inflate your score in Tesla. One is the multiball modes, since you can keep on increasing the jackpot values by hitting the upkicker (the one that usually goes to the magnetic playfield). The other is to keep on spamming the missions.

My score on Tesla is 130 Million on the PS3. The highest score on the PS3 leaderboards is a little over a Billion. The user that got the Billion visits these forums and he explained how he did it. He done it by increasing the jackpot levels to an extreme amount (I believe 25 million), then hit just kept on spamming the jackpot ramps. It took him several hours to do it.

The only table that is low scoring out of the bunch for Steam is Iron Man. That table is really low scoring and the highest score on the PS3 leaderboards is a little over 400 Million.

Well it's good to know that the devs are keeping a close eye on the scoring. It makes our score mean something when we achieve them.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I like the "low scoring" tables the best. It just gets ridiculous with multi billion scores.
    It takes away from the actual playing value IMO.

Almost like the old money system in Turkey: Change 1000 NOK into Turkish Lira and become an instant millionaire.

IMO the point system in Rome and Pasha is Perfect!