Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinball FX2 on Steam UPDATES/PATCHES/NEW TABLES

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    That is the plan, though I'm not 100% sure it will make it in time, I will let you know for sure tomorrow!

Also, here's the trailer for Earth Defense if anyone would like to check it out.
    It looks incredible! I bet it would look even better if I could move the DMD off my screen to another one, so I could actually see the whole table. Has any progress been made with PinDMD?

I also hope that the sound effects are all getting drowned out by the music, the sound on that table seems really boring.
    My only real complaint about Zen pinball is that the sound effects on most tables just have no emotion on them. There are tables where doing something that gets 1,000 points makes pretty much the same noise as getting 10,000,000 points. The sounds for Fear Itself and The Infinity Gauntlet are incredible! Other tables are just not up to par. Anyone that has played real tables like Theatre of Magic, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Adam's Family, or any of the other greats realize just how much impact the sound has on the games. When you do something great on those games, you, and everyone around you, knows you did something great. In the Earth Defense video, I can see a multiball mode, but I don't see any lights, explosions, or intense audio, or anything different than having a single ball on the table.

JAAACCCCKKKKPPPPOOOTTTT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snjspiteri View Post
    Can you please let me know how far away any sort of cabinet support updates are such as Dmd on second screen?
    Thx Joe
    No ETA as of now, but once we get this next patch posted it should become more clear what's next for Steam

No ETA as of now, but once we get this next patch posted it should become more clear what's next for Steam
    What's in the latest patch and what is its ETA.

ETA = Estimate time of arrival.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Default :D

>>>>>>> Earth Defense table is out !!! <<<<<<<

Awesome !!

Default More Star Wars

One of the table guides for Star Wars mentioned that the plan was to do 10 Star Wars tables. Is that still the plan, or did the dismantling of LucasArts change things?

Quote Originally Posted by grenadier View Post
    One of the table guides for Star Wars mentioned that the plan was to do 10 Star Wars tables. Is that still the plan, or did the dismantling of LucasArts change things?
    That's still the plan! They just aren't doing internal development anymore, but they are still licensing to other devs, so our deal still stands.

Good atleast give us a movable dmd before anything else... alot of people waiting for that

Tonight there was an update when I loaded fx2 but nothing appeared any different afterwards. Anyone know what this update was for? This update was AFTER the update that included the hot seat mode fix and earth defense table.

That's still the plan! They just aren't doing internal development anymore, but they are still licensing to other devs, so our deal still stands.
    Good to hear!

I'm excited to see Ms. Splosion Man coming to Steam as seen on the twitter feed ! Seems like a very fun table. Thanks Zen !

Default Balance of the Force

Just saw the video of Return of the Jedi on Joystiq. Wow that's a lot of ramps/orbits! I think I counted 10. Should be awesome.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/10/st...lable-this-fa/

Thanks for Ms. Splosion man. Nice table, I got 88m on my 1st try! 33 tables to choose from, wow...the problem is that so many tables will be released in the future...and I wanted to buy them all...but how should I have time to play them all? LOL Anyway, good work.

An idea to improve the game even further: the cam selection is saved but only for the default game mode. Please add a "save multiball cam" option so that your prefered multiball cam automatically loads during this mode.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 09-12-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Just saw the video of Return of the Jedi on Joystiq. Wow that's a lot of ramps/orbits! I think I counted 10. Should be awesome.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/10/st...lable-this-fa/
    Great design. I love Endor. I hope the table has Ewoks.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Thanks for Ms. Splosion man. Nice table, I got 88m on my 1st try! 33 tables to choose from, wow...the problem is that so many tables will be released in the future...and I wanted to buy them all...but how should I have time to play them all? LOL Anyway, good work.

An idea to improve the game even further: the cam selection is saved but only for the default game mode. Please add a "save multiball cam" option so that your prefered multiball cam automatically loads during this mode.
    I'm glad that the issue is 'TOO MUCH AWESOME' rather than 'NOT ENOUGH!' hahaha

Great idea too - will add to the suggestion list for the team!

Great design. I love Endor. I hope the table has Ewoks.
    There are ewoks in 2D only. And their voices

Awesome! Return of the Jedi is my favourite Star Wars movie...Ewos trapping AT/STs etc.

Hey Barbie,

may forward the theme "Discworld" for Tables to the ones making the Decisions? Would LOVE to see a Discworld Themed Table.

THanks

Thumbs up

its great to see the steam version working so well, i re-purchased half of them at full price now, ill fill steam out soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by CrocoBlack View Post
    Hey Barbie,

may forward the theme "Discworld" for Tables to the ones making the Decisions? Would LOVE to see a Discworld Themed Table.

THanks
    For sure!

Insane sale right now !!!

All table (EDiT: even Ms Splosion Man and Earth Defense !!!!) 66% OFF for 48 hours !!!

Go go go !!!
    Last edited by DjParagon; 09-18-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Talking I'm in heaven

I absolutely adore Pinball FX2, and I can't wait until more tables make it to Steam! There's one table that I absolutely need... Cirqus Voltaire - I don't know what it is about it, but I just have a spectacular time on that table. If you guys made that happen, I'd lose it! You've done a killer job with the Steam version so far, can't wait for more updates!

Not likely to see CV in Pinball FX but check out Visual Pinball on vpforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by jaundice View Post
    I absolutely adore Pinball FX2, and I can't wait until more tables make it to Steam! There's one table that I absolutely need... Cirqus Voltaire - I don't know what it is about it, but I just have a spectacular time on that table. If you guys made that happen, I'd lose it! You've done a killer job with the Steam version so far, can't wait for more updates!
    Wait 'til The Pinball Arcade comes out on Steam. Cirqus Voltaire's in it. It's not one of my favourite tables though.

I don't know if my post belongs here or in the Star Wars section but as the SW pack is for Steam I post it here.

Thanks Zen for bringing three great tables to Steam! All of them are great and the addition of arcade-like minigames is nice, too. As Darth Vader is really easy I would have chosen another table to be the easiest of the pack as a bad guy like Vader should be difficult to play on but of course it can be interpreted in another way, too. Darth Vader is so bad a.. that playing as him is easy. His powers are so strong that nothing's hard to him.

Also props to the designers of Return of the Jedi. The table is awesome, especially its colors!

However, I have a problem with the pack, too: Please, please, please add a "press start to continue" to all your tables and texts! Displaying the text what to do doesn't make sense if you only have 2 seconds to read everything. Some tables don't have much text but there are Balance of the Force missions even with two DMDs full of descriptions for 1 mission. They are even more difficult to read in German as the same text is about 50% longer than the English one. There are missions with 20 words displayed for 2 seconds...then another 20 words...you can't pause the text and the mission starts right away. It doesn't make sense if you don't have time to read the descriptions.

An option to pause texts or to go from text to text by pressing start/launch would be really handy and helpful! Other pinball games have such an option, too.

Any news on Dr. Strange? Early, mid or late December?

Any news on Dr. Strange? Early, mid or late December?
    I'll post details soon!

Soon is not soon enough. I...need...the taaaaable *walking around like a zombie in need of brainnnzzz*

Will you ever release the Plants vs. Zombies table on Steam? That's my favourite table and I hope you won't forget the PC version in 2014! More tables is always good news.

I think they've said there are licensing issues. But I am also hoping for those to be worked out - looks like a really fun table to play. Music RAWKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gork View Post
    I think they've said there are licensing issues. But I am also hoping for those to be worked out - looks like a really fun table to play. Music RAWKS.
    We're trying to bring it to more platforms, hopefully we can make it happen

Thanks for Dr. Strange! Instant buy!

The table design is superb. It is one of the most beautiful tables ever made. The candles, the spell books, the letters (slingshot), the mana pool (?) and other forms of energy - it's fantastic. Unfortunately, I don't see the nice candels and book as I play with cam 5.
    It would be one of my favourite tables if the gameplay was better. I find it a bit simple with too many ramps and main missions, multiballs and hurry up modes all the time. I'd prefer more to explore, more to do, more depth, more "little things". Nice table though.

PS 102 million, 2nd try. Not too bad. 3rd try: 166 million
    Last edited by LeanderL; 12-19-2013 at 01:33 AM.

We're trying to bring it to more platforms, hopefully we can make it happen
    I already believed this to be true; thought I'd read it somewhere in the forums before. But even so, thanks for piping in to remind us that Zen is still hoping for the same outcome we are!

@LeanderL
    You make me want to pull that table up again and take a second peek. 102m on your second try? You are a FAR more advanced digital pinball player than am I...
    Last edited by Gork; 12-19-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Yeah, yeah, I ment on the "News" page of the game

Nice ^^

Default PATCH NOTES for today's update

Today's update includes:

- Added support for the new Aliens vs. Pinball tables (releasing April 26)
    - Fixed an issue where two dot matrix displays could be visible in cabinet mode.
    - Fixed an issue with the Star Wars Rebels™ table where the total bonus score dot matrix text did not reset properly.
    - Fixed an issue where the table could get stuck in Stewie's mini game on Family Guy Pinball.

The team is still working on the Super League Football table issue - we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Default High score issues

Can we get a fix for the need to hit the backspace to enter initials for hi score a n some tables. Some tables seem to happen more often than others. I am sure there is some code that can be added when you hit enter on save, that clears it out!!!!!!!!
    For cab users, it means they have to buy a wireless keyboard and hit backspace 3x to clear out the old saved initials to the niter the new ones, not hard to do but a royal pain when kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by brettaug View Post
    Can we get a fix for the need to hit the backspace to enter initials for hi score a n some tables. Some tables seem to happen more often than others. I am sure there is some code that can be added when you hit enter on save, that clears it out!!!!!!!!
    For cab users, it means they have to buy a wireless keyboard and hit backspace 3x to clear out the old saved initials to the niter the new ones, not hard to do but a royal pain when kids play.
    Thanks for the report.

Hi Zen,
    i see a new (small, 3.4Mo) update today on Steam - Pinball Fx2. Do you have a changelog ?
    Thanks