Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX2 on Steam UPDATES/PATCHES/NEW TABLES

Default Pinball FX2 on Steam UPDATES/PATCHES/NEW TABLES

Hey everyone!

Thanks to all your reports & suggestions, we've updated the game to include the following fixes:

• Fix crashes when entering initials for Local Highscores in Hotseat Mode and when browsing Table Guides

• Fix instances where game engine runs too fast

• Make the Camera/Pause buttons in the top right corner disappear after ~3 seconds with no mouse movement. Also give players the option to disable these completely. (Same thing for Enter Initials buttons – except they are hidden by default until there is mouse input.)

• Fix dot matrix overlapping challenge message at certain DMD size/position and game resolution combinations.

• Fix bug that causes controls to freeze on World War Hulk table

This is not the only update that will happen, it is the first of many. I will keep you posted on more updates, fixes and incoming DLC!

An option to change screen orientation will be added in an update soon, so you won't have to mess with Windows display options

Thank you and please continue to let us know what needs improvement. All your suggestions and feedback will help make this game awesome!

***It looks like a few users are unable to access the game since the update, please let me know the details of your issue in the comments below so that we can get the issue resolved ASAP***

EPIC STUUUUUUUFFF !!!

Thanks a lot for the Cam/Pause fix, that's fantastic. And thanks for the details BarbieBoBomb as there are no infos on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by DjParagon View Post
    EPIC STUUUUUUUFFF !!!

Thanks a lot for the Cam/Pause fix, that's fantastic. And thanks for the details BarbieBoBomb as there are no infos on Steam
    I posted the same info on the Steam discussion page earlier

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226980...9163665740847/

Yeah, yeah, I ment on the "News" page of the game

Nice ^^

23 tables, constant updates and DLC's in the future for us PC gamers? I'm in pinball heaven!

The challenge notification no longer overlaps with the DMD. But it now always occult the flipper in portait mode, see the screenshot. That's the same when the DMD is set to bottom left.

Also if the DMD size is "small", the challenge notification is always blank. (black box with no content)

(resolution is 1200x1920, screenshot reduced, view is "1W")
    challenge_position.jpg
    steam id : megar_3

Exclamation can't run the game since the update

Hi.

Since, the update, I can't run the game.
    Nothing happens : no screen switching to the familiar splash pages, no icon on the taskbar, no alt-tabbing into the game.
    The Task Manager does show a "pinball Fx2" Background process, using about 14% of CPU, but that's it.
    I've tried relaunching steam, rebooting my computer, verifying cache integrity, to no avail.

My system is
    Windows 8 64 bits (fully updated)
    core i7 with 6Gb of RAM
    NVidia Geforce 570 (latest stable drivers installed)

I'd be very grateful for a solution to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooops View Post
    Hi.

Nothing happens : no screen switching to the familiar splash pages, no icon on the taskbar, no alt-tabbing into the game.
    The Task Manager does show a "pinball Fx2" Background process, using about 14% of CPU, but that's it.
    I've tried relaunching steam, rebooting my computer, verifying cache integrity, to no avail.

My system is
    core i7 with 6Gb of RAM

Thanks for the details, we're working on it!

Would it be possible to simply add an option that completely disables the cam/pause buttons? Pinball can get a little hectic, and any jostling of the mouse that would cause the buttons to pop up again could get distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbot5000 View Post
    Would it be possible to simply add an option that completely disables the cam/pause buttons? Pinball can get a little hectic, and any jostling of the mouse that would cause the buttons to pop up again could get distracting.
    That's already the case : set it to "off" and you will never see these controls.
    steam id : megar_3

Thanks for the fast update.

Here's a bug I discovered: we played a hot seat game (2 players), Shaman table. My ball got very slow, I don't know if this was part of the bug or related to the table's gameplay. Anyway, it was my friend's turn and when it was my turn again I couldn't use the plunger anymore. The stick of my XBOX360 controller didn't work and the enter key didn't work either. The ball only moved 1-2 mm but I couldn't get it onto the table anymore and had to quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by megar View Post
    That's already the case : set it to "off" and you will never see these controls.
    Durr, I'm an idiot. I read the patch notes elsewhere and they didn't have that bit. Then came here to post about it without reading the full patch notes on the site.

Me am big-time bad reader-guy. Me go play Hulk Pinball where can converse on own level.

That was my fault! I edited the steam post a bit late today :P

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Thanks for the fast update.

Here's a bug I discovered: we played a hot seat game (2 players), Shaman table. My ball got very slow, I don't know if this was part of the bug or related to the table's gameplay. Anyway, it was my friend's turn and when it was my turn again I couldn't use the plunger anymore. The stick of my XBOX360 controller didn't work and the enter key didn't work either. The ball only moved 1-2 mm but I couldn't get it onto the table anymore and had to quit the game.
    That's no good! I'll let the team know

Thanks. Are there game modes in Shaman that slow the ball down? All of a sudden the ball came down on my left flipper...all I could do was to shoot it straight to the right flipper...and back to the left one...and back again. The ball only moved an inch between the two flippers but I couldn't get it up the table again. Then I lost the ball, pulled the plunger (as the "ball save" was lit) but still the ball was like 10 tons in weight and only moved an inch.

Can you confirm that with the monitor orientation options will also be the ability to select which monitor that the game is displayed on? My secondary monitor is vertical and my primary one can't be rotated.
    GT: Knighted PSN: techknight

Default Game won't run since patch

Quote Originally Posted by Ooops View Post
    Hi.

My system is
    core i7 with 6Gb of RAM

I'm having this exact same issue. I've tested it on my 2 separate partitions, Win7 x64 Home Premium and Windows 8 x64, both fully upated.

I have an old Core2Duo E8400, 4GB Ram and a Geforce GTX 460 (latest drivers).

Please look into it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Default Button assignment

Hi. The tables look really great and I'm excited to play them all. However, as others have discussed, I absolutely require the ability to assign the controls to whatever keys I choose. There are a number of cabinet owners such as myself that will require this feature. Most of us use an ipac keyboard interface and already have our cabinet butons mapped for future and visual pinball as well as hyperpin. Please include this in an upcoming update ASAP. Once that is an option I will buy all of the tables. I'm sure you will sell A LOT more with this feature.
    Playfield rotation via game settings will be a necessity also, as others have stated.

Thank you very much.
    I'm looking forward to many hours spent playing your software on my cab

Hi,

The game won't launch as well on my rig with the latest update. If you need additional info or want to try stuff to help you investigate, just send a message.

I guess it's back to playing on Android for a while

Quote Originally Posted by bobafeth View Post
    Hi,

The game won't launch as well on my rig with the latest update. If you need additional info or want to try stuff to help you investigate, just send a message.

I guess it's back to playing on Android for a while
    Any details you can provide would be awesome! We issued a fix but seems that people are still having issues. Make sure to restart Steam and see if you're still unable to launch the game.

If you are still unable to launch Pinball FX2 today please try the following and let me know if it works or not:

1. Go offline with Steam (“Steam\Go Offline…”)
    2. Browse the “Program Files\Steam” folder (where Steam is installed) and find the following file: “226980\remote\profile.dat" – 226980 is our app’s ID.
    3. Delete profile.dat
    4. Launch PFX2
    5. Proceed to the main menu
    6. Exit the game
    7. Go online with the Steam client
    8. Attempt to launch PFX2
    9. Steam will sense conflict between the local profile and the one on Steam Cloud, and pop up a screen on which select “UPLOAD TO THE STEAM CLOUD”
    10. The game should now start.

Thanks for the quick reply - following your procedure worked for me \o/

As a reference, in case it helps you isolate the problem, I'm running Win 7 64bits (French) with UAC enabled, with the Steam Beta client; steam is installed in user mode on a separate internal HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Hey everyone!

An option to change screen orientation will be added in an update soon, so you won't have to mess with Windows display options
    Will we have more control over key mappings with the next patch as well? I know it was discussed it will be added but no ETA was given. I was hoping to test out the orientation mode in this patch and was scratching my head when I saw it in the menu but couldn't select anything. Thanks for updating this thread and letting us know it will be out in the next patch. Having orientation control and the key mapping is important for us PinCab User as we wouldnt have to fiddle with custom scripts to launch the tables via our frontend.

If you add Pindmd support I will be a lock for buying every single DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagamejunky View Post
    I absolutely require the ability to assign the controls to whatever keys I choose. There are a number of cabinet owners such as myself that will require this feature. Most of us use an ipac keyboard interface and already have our cabinet butons mapped for future and visual pinball as well as hyperpin. Please include this in an upcoming update ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bent98 View Post
    Will we have more control over key mappings with the next patch as well? I know it was discussed it will be added but no ETA was given. ... Having orientation control and the key mapping is important for us PinCab User as we wouldnt have to fiddle with custom scripts to launch the tables via our frontend.

Guys, I'm sure they will let us know about any updates as soon as they can. In the mean time, if you have specific cabinet mode suggestions, please contribute to this thread so we have everything in one place. I added everything I could, but I know people have varying setups. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bent98 View Post
    Will we have more control over key mappings with the next patch as well? I know it was discussed it will be added but no ETA was given. I was hoping to test out the orientation mode in this patch and was scratching my head when I saw it in the menu but couldn't select anything. Thanks for updating this thread and letting us know it will be out in the next patch. Having orientation control and the key mapping is important for us PinCab User as we wouldnt have to fiddle with custom scripts to launch the tables via our frontend.

I'll add more about what's coming as I know more, sounds like we'll be updating again pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by megar View Post
    The challenge notification no longer overlaps with the DMD. But it now always occult the flipper in portait mode, see the screenshot. That's the same when the DMD is set to bottom left.

Also if the DMD size is "small", the challenge notification is always blank. (black box with no content)

(resolution is 1200x1920, screenshot reduced, view is "1W")
    challenge_position.jpg
    I can confirm same issue with dmd bottom left and set to small.

I'll add more about what's coming as I know more, sounds like we'll be updating again pretty soon.
    Thanks for the quick response. Look foward to hearing from you.

+1 for full keyboard mapping. Also, I'd be very happy to see mouse buttons become mappable also. In the control settings it is titled 'keyboard and mouse' but there appears to be no mouse button options. I'd really like the option to just play with the mouse if I want to. I'll buy every table available ASAP if these options are added.

Default Today's update!

Hey everyone! Today's update included the option for users to rotate screens by 90, 180 or 270 degrees in-game. Please let me know if you encounter any issues and I will forward them to the team. From now on, I'll be posting details on the "Announcements" section of our Steam page, so keep an eye out there for updates

Thanks!

Barbie

Thanks for the update. I see there is a pinball cursor. Moving the mouse with this cursor is slower than without it - is there a way to disable the pinball? Not that important as I play with my XBOX360 controller but if other users use the mouse and have the same slower cursor it might be important to them.

Hey everyone! Today's update included the option for users to rotate screens by 90, 180 or 270 degrees in-game. Please let me know if you encounter any issues and I will forward them to the team. From now on, I'll be posting details on the "Announcements" section of our Steam page, so keep an eye out there for updates

Thanks!

Barbie
    Wow that's pretty awesome. Geez, with all the kids crying, whining, and even insulting you and other people, Zen Studios still manage to add unique features and options exclusively on the Steam version. What do you know, we have now the best version of Pinball FX2 / Zen Pinball / Marvel Pinball ever made and the users don't even understand it.

Oh man I'm so glad I bought at least a pack ! Thank you so much Zen and Barbie, you guys rocks tremendously !!!
    At least I know it ;p

Thanks!

Barbie
    So great to see this! Thanks. Works great in my cabinet.

Now add in the ability to map buttons to any joystick key (for the Pinball Wizard controller) and I'll start buying up all the tables

Default Begin an Epic Quest in Pinball FX2 for Steam!

Epic Quest is coming to PFX2 on Steam on May 29th for just $2.99!

Be sure to take a look at the Epic Quest table trailer to see it in action.

I really can't wait to play it. My favourite table... Will it be released alone or along with other tables?

So, it's one table DLC, every 2-3 weeks? Nice...!

I really can't wait to play it. My favourite table... Will it be released alone or along with other tables?
    Max is all by his lonesome

Awesome ! Very good news indeed, thanks !

Max is all by his lonesome
    How is he supposed to fight so many monsters without some friends to help him at least? He should be supported by two children, one with a slingshot, one with a flashlight.

Awesome! Its still one of my favourite tables and its great to finally have a singe-table available on Steam.. gonna buy multiple copies to infect my friends with the PFX2-awesomeness! ^^

I am VERY happy about the release on Steam, as I hate playing with the X360-Controller and have Win8 running only on a VM.. now I can finally play on PC with my native OS Win7.

Guess what we need next is a Valve-4-Pack with Portal, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life and Left4Dead themed tables and maybe a Telltale one with Sam&Max, Monkey Island, Strong Bad and Walking Dead ^^

Thanks!

Barbie

Barbie, I've been watching and haven't seen any update information on the steam announcements page regarding pinball fx2. Will you please provide us with information about planned update changes? Do you know when there will be an update which will allow for assignable button configurations?

Thanks

When will Epic Quest be available tomorrow - 9 p.m. CET?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagamejunky View Post
    Barbie, I've been watching and haven't seen any update information on the steam announcements page regarding pinball fx2. Will you please provide us with information about planned update changes? Do you know when there will be an update which will allow for assignable button configurations?

Thanks
    I'll post them as they go live, sorry!

When will Epic Quest be available tomorrow - 9 p.m. CET?
    Not sure what time exactly, just whenever Steam updates (which we do not control).

Epic Quest is now available on Steam!
    Great! Next: Captain America or Plants VS Zombies, please!

A great table for the price of a small beer in a pub. Good deal!

Epic Quest is now available on Steam!
    WOOT !! Epic !

if Epic Quest was a real machine, I would have spent well over $3 on it already.

Quote Originally Posted by xaphian View Post
    if Epic Quest was a real machine, I would have spent well over $3 on it already.
    Hell yea! The best $3 I have ever spent.. Thank You ZEN

I´ve noticed there are Steam-Achievements listed now for Sorcerer´s Lair and Paranormal.. anything official on that? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sildorian View Post
    I´ve noticed there are Steam-Achievements listed now for Sorcerer´s Lair and Paranormal.. anything official on that? ^^
    Well, we now know what's coming up next. Expect to see an announcement soon.

This happens quite often on the PS3/Vita as well. The trophy server updates real early and we get a hint at what's coming up next.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.

New tables? Sorcerer's Lair? Guess who's gonna buy them, guess whooo.

Wink

New tables? Sorcerer's Lair? Guess who's gonna buy them, guess whooo.
    I know you wont you dont really like pinball... I know I will be getting them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sildorian View Post
    They're coming! I'll let you guys know when they're ready to rock

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedWeapon View Post
    I know you wont you dont really like pinball... I know I will be getting them all!
    True, I've already played 58 hours just to show the game how much I hate it.

They're coming! I'll let you guys know when they're ready to rock
    Great, can´t wait!

So, Paranormal and Sorcerer's Lair? Sweet! The only thing that's missing is Nightmare Mansion and my life is complete!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    So, Paranormal and Sorcerer's Lair? Sweet! The only thing that's missing is Nightmare Mansion and my life is complete!
    I was on Steam a moment ago.
    I can't reach the FX2 forum right now but I did check out my personal achievements page.
    Achievements for Civil War & Fantastic Four have been added!

Sweet news
    I hope we won't have to wait too long.

There is a thread on Steam forum about free table. Which one will it be?

Thanks a lot for the Cam/Pause fix, that's fantastic.

There is a thread on Steam forum about free table. Which one will it be?
    We'll announce the news in a few days

Helpppp...please...I....I'm dying...for new tables. Bring 'em fast, Barbie.

Helpppp...please...I....I'm dying...for new tables. Bring 'em fast, Barbie.
    I think that announcement will be today or tommorow, and we'll start playing those tables by the end of the week. But maybe I'm wrong... I prefer one table every week or 10 days, than 4 tables at once every month.

The problem I have is that only 1 space is free. When two new tables are released you can't view all tables without scrolling anymore. And I also bought some of the tables because I didn't like the image with the lock on it.

The problem I have is that only 1 space is free. When two new tables are released you can't view all tables without scrolling anymore. And I also bought some of the tables because I didn't like the image with the lock on it.
    The icons will probably be shrunk down a bit so they all fit without scrolling

But they shouldn't get too small. Maybe group icons, Core Pack, Classics Pack etc...and if you hover the icon the text with the tables in this pack is displayes.

Or add sortable icons and you can customize EVERYTHING. I know it is too much work.

I know they working hard on getting tables ready for the PC but is there any news on the DMD/2nd monitor support? Are they working on it at all? Thank you in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedWeapon View Post
    I know they working hard on getting tables ready for the PC but is there any news on the DMD/2nd monitor support? Are they working on it at all? Thank you in advance..
    I believe it's on the list, but it's not likely a high priority at the moment

ok

Oh nooo!
    And on the iPhone/iPad?

*waiting for new tables, need them all*

I've noticed achievements on Steam for Captain America table. Can't freakin' wait!

Wow, they are releasing these much faster than I expected. Steam users are going to be spoiled once the back catalog is all released and they have to wait months between new releases.

Not that I'm complaining!

Check your achievements. Mars and Excalibur are next!

*jumping up and down* Woooohooooo!

When will they be available? Today (Friday)? Or later?

When will they be available? Today (Friday)? Or later?
    Probably later - I will try to get an ETA and let you know. I imagine it would be post-summer sale, but I will let you know if I'm wrong.

Thanks. I heard that both demo versions of tables and "coming soon" icons spoil your lucky bounce rate of balls by -13,4%.

So it looks like they should release at the end of next week after the sale is over - I'll post info on an accompanying patch as we get closer

Thanks, looking forward to more information next week.

OK, Steam sale is over, we want new tables! I can't wait any longer!

It's Friday, update news etc. but still no tables. When will they be released?

It's Friday, update news etc. but still no tables. When will they be released?
    Patience

They'll be here shortly!

And they're here! Mars and Excalibur are now available on Steam along with FULLY customizable keyboard bindings and links to trailers within the game.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-26-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Greaaaaat!!!

Talking

Really cool, you guys rocks !!! All tables are amaaaziiiiing !

They're releasing tables pretty fast in my opinion, I did not expect so many good tables already on Steam for the summer. Much appreciated !

Now just give us a movable DMD!

Quote Originally Posted by DjParagon View Post
    Really cool, you guys rocks !!! All tables are amaaaziiiiing !

They're releasing tables pretty fast in my opinion, I did not expect so many good tables already on Steam for the summer. Much appreciated !
    I'm glad I switched to the steam version. The Zen Pinball 2 app on OSX hasn't been updated since February. When it was released on OSX a year ago I requested the ability to remap keys, gamepad support, and global leaderboards. The Mac version still has none of those features. Also, the Mac version was released a year ago and the Steam version already has more tables. I imagine the OSX version hasn't been doing well and that is why it has received such little support.

I realize it may not be advancing at the pace you want but how is this "moving backwards"? Please don't assume that because something was done 10 years ago, its "easy" to do. Nothing is easy, code can break other code and some of the code is shared between platform so for single platform coding, I am sure they have to be careful.

I too am looking forward to more features as you are requesting but jeez, pf2 has only been out for a couple of months, lets give them more time before being too critical.

Agreed, and they've added a bloody ton of stuff we asked for, that certainly was not planed at all for the first weeks of release.

They're doing a really really great job at the moment.

I really like the new tables, Excalibur is already one of my favorite. Can we get a hint what's coming next? I'm guessing Earth Defense and Plants VS Zombies.

I really like the new tables, Excalibur is already one of my favorite. Can we get a hint what's coming next? I'm guessing Earth Defense and Plants VS Zombies.
    I'll post once I have news for ya

Is there a way to befriend your team so they always tell me what is going on in your office, what tables are next etc.? I could send you some Austrian beer, Schnitzel and Mozartkugeln.

Is there a way to befriend your team so they always tell me what is going on in your office, what tables are next etc.?
    Even if you could, they wouldn't be able to say much to you. In the entertainment business there is a thing called NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements). A NDA is the mother of all contracts. If Zen says anything to anyone outside of the company, they just broke that contract and can be held reliable (ie sued) for it.

I know...it was just a joke.

Earth Defense achievements on Steam. So, it's coming soon?

Earth Defense achievements on Steam. So, it's coming soon?
    Yuuuup!

Friday. With the hot seat fix hopefully?

Friday. With the hot seat fix hopefully?
    That is the plan, though I'm not 100% sure it will make it in time, I will let you know for sure tomorrow!

Also, here's the trailer for Earth Defense if anyone would like to check it out.

Well, you said so on Facebook.

Default Cabinet Support Update?

Can you please let me know how far away any sort of cabinet support updates are such as Dmd on second screen?
    Thx Joe