Thread: Shaman is now available for iOS

Default Shaman is now available for iOS

I like the new icons/badges or whatever they are called on the main menu which alert you to which tables need to be redownloaded because the tables have been updated. It looks like the cave hole bug on Epic Quest has been squashed. Paranormal also got an update and a quick look revealed that the loading screen now correctly displays a shot of the Paranormal table instead of the Capt Amerca table. Also the plunger view has corrected so you can accurately judge your plunger strength. There were a couple other bugs on the Paranormal table but I haven't checked them out yet. Great work Zen!

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I like the new icons/badges or whatever they are called on the main menu which alert you to which tables need to be redownloaded because the tables have been updated. It looks like the cave hole bug on Epic Quest has been squashed. Paranormal also got an update and a quick look revealed that the loading screen now correctly displays a shot of the Paranormal table instead of the Capt Amerca table. Also the plunger view has corrected so you can accurately judge your plunger strength. There were a couple other bugs on the Paranormal table but I haven't checked them out yet. Great work Zen!
    Thanks!!! Those have been needing to be fixed for a while now-- so nice that they're finally gone

Default Bugs in Shaman?

Not sure if this is where i should post this, but i was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with Shaman. I'm not sure if its a bug or not but the ball keeps going down the sides and out more than any table i have. I have bought 11 tables for the ipad and this one is the only one that consistantly loses the ball all the time. Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem. BTW love all of the zen pinball tables i have! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by briguy68 View Post
    Not sure if this is where i should post this, but i was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with Shaman. I'm not sure if its a bug or not but the ball keeps going down the sides and out more than any table i have. I have bought 11 tables for the ipad and this one is the only one that consistantly loses the ball all the time. Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem. BTW love all of the zen pinball tables i have! Keep up the good work.
    The right outlane is a drain magnet. I haven't played it much on the ps3 so I'm not sure if it a big problem on the console versions or not. The main problem for me is that the "CAST" saucers in the middle of the table kicks out the ball in such a way that it frequently results in a right outlane drain. Maybe Zen can adjust the kickouts so this doesn't happen so frequently.
    Last edited by surf1der; 05-23-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by briguy68 View Post
    Agreed, Shaman is a nightmare this table is just unplayable, i counted 58 lost ball in the right ramp exit in 20 minutes, 7 in 2 minutes !!

I wouldn't say Shaman is unplayable, but it is extremely difficult and yes, the PS3 version is the same way. I am one of the very few that got the trophies on this table on the PS3 version (very frustrating to get). Here are a few tips.

- Lighting up those kickbacks (via the in/out lane rollovers) and ball save (via CAST holes) are crucial.
    - I found the bangback (death save) to be very useful on this table.
    - Don't forget to use the bounce pass (dead flipper pass). Keeping the ball under control really helps.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I wouldn't say Shaman is unplayable, but it is extremely difficult and yes, the PS3 version is the same way. I am one of the very few that got the trophies on this table on the PS3 version. Here are a few tips.

- Lighting up those kickbacks (via the in/out lane rollovers) and ball save (via CAST holes) are crucial.
    - Don't forget to use the bounce pass (dead flipper pass). Keeping the ball under control really helps.
    You have a brain ? maybe not !! Ps3 is not a Iphone forget bounce pass and dead flipper jerk the table is useless is not the same gameplay !! Shaman table is beautiful but is ruined by a crappy gameplay, this table is just a scam!!

Quote Originally Posted by remanence View Post
    You have a brain ? maybe not !! Ps3 is not a Iphone forget bounce pass and dead flipper jerk the table is useless is not the same gameplay !! Shaman table is beautiful but is ruined by a crappy gameplay, this table is just a scam!!
    Really dude? Shogun was trying to be nice and offer some tips and advice. I dont believe he has iOS or droid so he is probably unaware of the difficulty of performing bangbacks. The gameplay is extremely difficult but not crappy in the least. All tables on droid & iOS play differently than consoles. I had to learn new strategies & techniques to be able to score well on these platforms. Its made me a better player. Try learning how to set up your shots, how to activate kickbacks and ball saves, and learn how to play before you insult other players for trying to help you and dont blame a table for your inability to perform on it.

Btw, dead flipper passes are not impossible. I use them all day long. Nudge passes, more difficult, but not impossible either. Its called practice. I suggest you try it.
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 05-25-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    I dont believe he has iOS or droid so he is probably unaware of the difficulty of performing bangbacks.
    You're right! I don't own an iOS or Android device.

I thought a recent update (that I read) for the iOS and Android fixed the problem. I guess not! ^^
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-13-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Typo

You right! I don't own an iOS or Android device.

I thought a recent update (that I read) for the iOS and Android fixed the problem. I guess not! ^^
    The recent update added a touch to nudge feature for left and right nudging. To nudge up, you still have to shake the device to activate the accelerometers/gyroscope. A SINGLE shake can lead to no nudge, a tilt warning, a double tilt warning, or a tilt. It is too finicky to use reliably. I guess it is more like a real pinball machine in that respect. But it definitely gives console owners a big advantage. Also, the left and right nudge seems like a weaker nudge than the consoles. I may be wrong, but it feels more like a medium nudge than a full strength hard nudge.

The recent update added a touch to nudge feature for left and right nudging. To nudge up, you still have to shake the device to activate the accelerometers/gyroscope. A SINGLE shake can lead to no nudge, a tilt warning, a double tilt warning, or a tilt. It is too finicky to use reliably. I guess it is more like a real pinball machine in that respect. But it definitely gives console owners a big advantage. Also, the left and right nudge seems like a weaker nudge than the consoles. I may be wrong, but it feels more like a medium nudge than a full strength hard nudge.
    Agreed. And you are not wrong sur1der, it is most definitely not a full strength nudge. It does feel like a medium strength...shake nudge is too unreliable for me as well. I really hope Zen puts in native controller support. Its supposed to be in one of the next updates for TPA, and I believe the most recent update allows you to map the touch nudge zones on your screen, along with diagonal nudge as well, at least for iOS. Those options are in the next update for Droid. This would be welcome in Zen, for sure. Although all I really want is controller support so I can make a super minipin cab for my Galaxy Note 10.1"
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 05-25-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Agreed. And you are not wrong sur1der, it is most definitely not a full strength nudge. It does feel like a medium strength...shake nudge is too unreliable for me as well. I really hope Zen puts in native controller support. Its supposed to be in one of the next updates for TPA, and I believe the most recent update allows you to map the touch nudge zones on your screen, along with diagonal nudge as well, at least for iOS. Those options are in the next update for Droid. This would be welcome in Zen, for sure. Although all I really want is controller support so I can make a super minipin cab for my Galaxy Note 10.1"
    The TPA custom touch nudge zones are awesome. I mentioned a similar scheme in one of the threads in these forums. It really is the best way to implement nudging. Shaking is just too inconsistent and I always worry my iPad will slip out of my hands. TPA also provided the ability to move the button up and down for pins like STTNG, which would help with a table like Boba Fett.

Here is a pic of the custom nudge zones. The top row from left to right is nudge left, up/left, up/right, and right, respectively. The bottom row from left to right is left flipper, up nudge, right flipper. I had to use the invert nudge option to make it similar to the directional input of the analog stick like on a ps3 controller. TPA came up with 5 different mapping schemes. I think some are better for portrait play while others are better for landscape play. Barbie, if you could show the mobile team this pic or tell them to check out the new schemes themselves if they have TPA on a mobile device, that would rock.

6Xpalf5.jpg

The touch zones are faintly highlighted in this picture. Note that there is an option to show or hide the touch scheme. Something like this would be awesome

Default Shaman

The right outlane is a drain magnet. I haven't played it much on the ps3 so I'm not sure if it a big problem on the console versions or not. The main problem for me is that the "CAST" saucers in the middle of the table kicks out the ball in such a way that it frequently results in a right outlane drain. Maybe Zen can adjust the kickouts so this doesn't happen so frequently.
    Hi Glottis. I just recently added you as a friend to gamecenter. I currently hold the top score on Shaman and the only way I did it was to "spam use the Juggler" to drop the balls down the inlanes to light the turnovers untill I have both kick backs and then once thats done I stick to shooting towards the left side of the board only. Forget the ball save. I dont even bother with the volcano ramp or the right orbit at all. That right outlane is the death of me eventually so I try and keep shots to its overhead area to a minimum. Shooting for the left orbit will result in some balls accidentally hitting the left native sinkhole which is a bitch to hit.

I constantly keep the juggler active so I'm literally using my left flipper shots to keep the juggler active, and my right flipper shots are shooting for the left orbit hoping I miss once in a while and hit the left native sinkhole.

I dont even attempt the disasters.

Have you found any consistent way or "trick shot" to hit the left native sinkhole? If i could hit that more than the 10% ratio Im at now I would be thrilled.

Congrats on the top spot. It is a pretty brutal table. I haven't found a consistent way to hit that left sinkhole. I think it is nearly impossible to hit the hole from a trapped position. I think the ball has to be moving to give it enough top spin to arc it into that hole.

I also spam the Juggler to light the kickbacks. I'm trying to get to the wizard mode but I think it is nearly impossible because I think 3 of the 4 disaster missions require you to hit the left sinkhole which is so difficult.

I wouldn't say Shaman is unplayable, but it is extremely difficult and yes, the PS3 version is the same way. I am one of the very few that got the trophies on this table on the PS3 version. Here are a few tips.

Very good tips. If you want to rack up the score on this table you go to keep those kickbacks lit. Thanks for the links.

Congrats on the top spot. It is a pretty brutal table. I haven't found a consistent way to hit that left sinkhole. I think it is nearly impossible to hit the hole from a trapped position. I think the ball has to be moving to give it enough top spin to arc it into that hole.

I also spam the Juggler to light the kickbacks. I'm trying to get to the wizard mode but I think it is nearly impossible because I think 3 of the 4 disaster missions require you to hit the left sinkhole which is so difficult.
    I'm with you man. That left sinkhole is killing me. The only chance I have to hit it is with a lucky bounce. I like the challenge of hitting tough shots but this practically impossible.