Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Suggestions for Pinball FX2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default Suggestions for Pinball FX2

    Firstly, thanks Zen for releasing FX2 on Steam. I'm not a console gamer, but I love pinball, so of course I checked this out ASAP. Have tried the demo on all tables and purchased the Star Wars pack. So far I've really only played Empire, and I really like it. Its fairly obvious that the developers really love pinball and its good to see that they have embraced some of the coolest features of modern pinball, such as the ability to stack multiball modes, etc. Well done Zen.

    However, there's room for improvement. High on the list is the ability to map any keys on a keyboard. Right now I might as well not even try to nudge the table, because attempting it is like finger gymnastics, and its somewhat unintuitive in the default state, and worse on the alternatives.

    Secondly, I'd really like the ability to tweak the camera position. I use view1, but would much prefer it if I could adjust this position somewhat.

    Thirdly, the flippers could use a little tweaking. Specifically, they drop a little too slowly. On a real pinball machine this can occur for several reasons (loose springs, grubby flipper plunger sleeves, etc. It would be great if this could be looked at.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakass View Post
    Thirdly, the flippers could use a little tweaking. Specifically, they drop a little too slowly. On a real pinball machine this can occur for several reasons (loose springs, grubby flipper plunger sleeves, etc. It would be great if this could be looked at.
    That's right ! I'm sure that's the reason the gameplay of PFX2 appears to be so soft, compared to a real pinball. I would be curious to see a video of button mashing on a real pinball (like 3 presses per second), to see how it reacts.

    Unfortunately, altering this parameter in PFX2 would change the gameplay, like when you soften a ball with your flipper.
    steam id : megar_3

  3. #3
    Junior Member xaphian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16

    Default questions hopefully answered

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakass View Post
    However, there's room for improvement. High on the list is the ability to map any keys on a keyboard. Right now I might as well not even try to nudge the table, because attempting it is like finger gymnastics, and its somewhat unintuitive in the default state, and worse on the alternatives.
    Yeah, this has been talked about quite a bit. Mainly for cabinet users to be able to map their keys to their buttons. It is something they are looking into.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakass View Post
    Secondly, I'd really like the ability to tweak the camera position. I use view1, but would much prefer it if I could adjust this position somewhat.
    have you tried playing in portrait? Once I did that, I can't play any other way. I love being able to see the whole table. I just turn my whole monitor on its side and lean it against the wall. Its a little weird, but it gets the job done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakass View Post
    Thirdly, the flippers could use a little tweaking. Specifically, they drop a little too slowly. On a real pinball machine this can occur for several reasons (loose springs, grubby flipper plunger sleeves, etc. It would be great if this could be looked at.
    It was been stated by a dev on another thread that the feel of the rubber on the flippers being old was created on purpose. It was done, along with other things, to prolong gameplay, since their is so much to do on these tables!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Haven't tried playing in portrait mode, no. Will give it a try, thanks.

    My comments on the flippers have nothing to do with the feel of the rubber, but more so the springback of the flippers. ie: how quickly they drop. If deliberately made to be slightly less responsive than a typical modern pinball in order to feel older, that doesn't make much sense to me, because the table designs are much more modern in style.

  5. #5
    Junior Member xaphian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16

    Default

    ah, sorry. Misunderstood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •