Thread: EU Vita Version is broken charged £7.99 last Wednesday and it's still just a trial!?

Default EU Vita Version is broken charged £7.99 last Wednesday and it's still just a trial!?

Hi I got the trial from the Vita PSN store last Wednesday (no full game is on the store) was prompted to pay £7.99 from within the trial to upgrade to the full version, it charged me the money and then shows in my download list as not compatible with a PS Vita system!

Why hasn't this issue been fixed yet? How did you get through QA when a simple thing as an unlock key doesn't work?
    It is very frustrating to support indie developers and then the game doesn't work!

It's not just me either there are threads on the EU Vita PSN tech support forum from people with the same problem.
    Has anyone with just a Vita (no PS3) in the EU got the full game to work?
    No one I know in the UK has the full Vita game working!

Quote Originally Posted by SWFan View Post
    Hi I got the trial from the Vita PSN store last Wednesday (no full game is on the store) was prompted to pay £7.99 from within the trial to upgrade to the full version, it charged me the money and then shows in my download list as not compatible with a PS Vita system!

Why hasn't this issue been fixed yet? How did you get through QA when a simple thing as an unlock key doesn't work?
    It is very frustrating to support indie developers and then the game doesn't work!

It's not just me either there are threads on the EU Vita PSN tech support forum from people with the same problem.
    We're working the the Vita issues with SCEE - sorry for the delay!

the only way i could get mine to work was to use my ps3 to download, then transfer to vita, but even then trophies dont work.

It's been more than a week now and the EU Vita version still isn't working.

Please fix this immediately. How hard can it be to make the unlock key work, really?

It's very frustrating to have paid for a product that doesn't work at all!

I got a refund from Sony. I read on some threads the mp is broken too so forget this game!
    As much as I love SW I hate broken games especially when they are charging a premium price.

I got a refund from Sony. I read on some threads the mp is broken too so forget this game!
    As much as I love SW I hate broken games especially when they are charging a premium price.
    How did you get the refund? Did you complain by phone or e-mail?

Just called them up.
    It's actually the second refund I've had for this game as I bought it again after the first refund assuming it had been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Klart View Post
    How did you get the refund? Did you complain by phone or e-mail?
    Yeah! Just give Sony a call. Since this is their error and not Zen's, they will gladly give you a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Yeah! Just give Sony a call. Since this is their error and not Zen's, they will gladly give you a refund.
    Well, it's only Sony that can give refunds for PS store purchases, so... no point in asking Zen for a refund.

Now the full game upgrade is on the store but it still doesn't work it brings up your download list with the cannot download with a ps vita system.

At the end I will be right: sony has monkeys messing with the psn databases.

PSN ID: twsh
    Steam ID: twsh

It works now!
    Still says trial on home screen and doesnt show in trophy list and cant find mp games though.
    EDIT
    Still broken when I try to check trophies from within tbe game it prompts to buy upgrade pack then keeps looping the buy screen.
    Last edited by SWFan; 05-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.

It works now!
    Still says trial on home screen and doesnt show in trophy list and cant find mp games though.
    EDIT
    Still broken when I try to check trophies from within tbe game it prompts to buy upgrade pack then keeps looping the buy screen.
    Thanks for the report--we thought it was fixed--apparently not. What region are you in?

Same for me (country: Belgium). I could download the unlock code, but can't unlock Trophies. When I try to check Trophies from within the game, it prompts to buy upgrade pack & then keeps looping the buy screen.

It's the same problem you've had when you launched ZP2. One would think you wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for the report--we thought it was fixed--apparently not. What region are you in?
    Im in England UK.

Cant you devs download the trial and unlock on an actual Vita and try and use all of the games features.
    Its the easiest way for you to see what is wrong with it.

no trophies - click trophies icon to be prompted to buy unlock again - loops forever - game isnt in trophy app
    home screen still says trial
    mp is broken

Thank you both! We're working on a resolution

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thank you both! We're working on a resolution
    Any ETA on the fix?
    I'm scared to keep playing right now in case my high scores are gone when the fix is released.
    Also can we get some free xp or something for having a broken game nearly 2 weeks after release?

Let me add a few details.

When the game was first released, the unlock key for the Vita was incorrectly tagged as "PS3 only". This meant, you could only download it using a PS3 and then transfer it to the Vita using the Content Manager app.

This issue seems to have been fixed, an unlock key that can be downloaded with the actual Vita system has been added since then.

But there is a secondary issue regarding this unlock key. It does not matter if you use the old PS3-transferred key or the new one from PSN, I tested both and they both act in the same way.

Both keys deactivate the lock-symbol on the tables and remove the time limit:
    2013-05-28-092751.jpg

Clicking the trophy button displays the following message. The "Buy pack" button only makes the screen fade away and pop up again, nothig else happens:
    2013-05-28-092808.jpg

The same is true for the rightmost button, this one shows the following screen with the same fruitless "Buy pack" loop as described above:
    2013-05-28-092826.jpg

The keys do not remove the "TRIAL" label on the Live Area screen either:
    2013-05-28-092415.jpg

So the only things the keys make possible is playing the tables without any time limit. I have not had a chance to test multiplayer; I could enter a lobby, but nobody was playing at the time. Anyother function that should be unlocked by the keys does not currently work.

Thanks Blue Steel for that very clear post.

Barbie, you've had the same "import & no trophies" problem with ZP2 on the Vita:

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...4985#post34985

I don't know whether that problem got solved, as you sent everyone a new code to download the game, which fixed it for that person, but not the problem itself.

We've been waiting for two weeks now. Could you please make sure everyone here their problems get solved? Maybe through a code again?

I have just the same issue as BlueSteel. I hope this weeks store update finally fixes it.

Thanks for the reports, we are still working on this issue.

SCEE Star Wars Pinball users! The Vita issue has been resolved, but you'll need to do the following:

-Sign out
    -Restart your Vita
    -Go to the PSN store page for Star Wars Pinball
    -You'll see two free downloads called "Full Game Upgrade"
    -Download both and start Star Wars Pinball

Please let me know if you have any trouble!

Seems to work, thanks!

I actually did not sign out or restart the Vita. When I went to the store, there was two entries called Star Wars Pinball. The first entry contained the trial, the second one the Full Game Upgrade.

There was two free downloads offered under the full game upgrade. The first one produced an error message, but the second one downloaded without any trouble. After installing the small upgrade package I now have access to the trophies and tournaments. Even the TRIAL logo on the LiveArea screen has disappeared, so this seems to have fixed the issue once and for all.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
    Seems to work, thanks!

I actually did not sign out or restart the Vita. When I went to the store, there was two entries called Star Wars Pinball. The first entry contained the trial, the second one the Full Game Upgrade.

There was two free downloads offered under the full game upgrade. The first one produced an error message, but the second one downloaded without any trouble. After installing the small upgrade package I now have access to the trophies and tournaments. Even the TRIAL logo on the LiveArea screen has disappeared, so this seems to have fixed the issue once and for all.

Thanks!
    Woo hoo! Glad it's working now

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
    Seems to work, thanks!

Thanks!
    Same here it's wiped my high scores too cheers zen!

It's working for me now, thanks!