Thread: Why all the miiverse complaining?

Default Why all the miiverse complaining?

I swear... Visiting the miiverse, are TONS of posts from people saying that this game is terrible because they somehow think zen purposefully broke the leaderboards to scam them... Yet no matter how many times I tell them it happened because of the wii u system update, and that they submitted the patch and we just have to wait, they always say some stupid comparison like "if you bought a broken car broke down wouldn't you want your money back?

So I'm perfectly paitent with the patch... But why does it seem like SO many miiverse people want a free table or complain endlessly about the leaderboards? It's worse than the IT'S NOT FREE comments.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamingHawk View Post
    I swear... Visiting the miiverse, are TONS of posts from people saying that this game is terrible because they somehow think zen purposefully broke the leaderboards to scam them... Yet no matter how many times I tell them it happened because of the wii u system update, and that they submitted the patch and we just have to wait, they always say some stupid comparison like "if you bought a broken car broke down wouldn't you want your money back?

So I'm perfectly paitent with the patch... But why does it seem like SO many miiverse people want a free table or complain endlessly about the leaderboards? It's worse than the IT'S NOT FREE comments.
    It's the reason why I haven't been on the Zen Miiverse in a long time. I understand their frustrations, but whining like entitled children starts to get a bit on the annoying side. Kind of like how we are when getting new tables. Now Barbie has to hear it from both sides. I tried to tell them the same thing about the "free" format and leaderboard fixes. No one listens.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    It's the reason why I haven't been on the Zen Miiverse in a long time. I understand their frustrations, but whining like entitled children starts to get a bit on the annoying side. Kind of like how we are when getting new tables. Now Barbie has to hear it from both sides. I tried to tell them the same thing about the "free" format and leaderboard fixes. No one listens.
    Agreed. They just are.. Whiny. Almost as bad as the NEOGAF and the facebook people. Here's an EXACT set of posts from a guy on miiverse and the replies of notice.

Mark
    "I think it's time to report the developer to the better business bureau. I've had the game for a while and never gotten all I paid for. A real company comes up with a solution in a matter of minutes or hours, not months! I definitely feel cheated.

R.Kyve
    1 day ago
    Really? Will you feel differently once leaderboards are up? They will get it sorted out...
    Report SpoilersReport Violation

R.Kyve
    1 day ago
    Your dissatisfaction is understandable, but there are certainly issues not so easily fixed here.

bdhobbs1
    1 day ago
    then delete the game and move on

Mark
    1 day ago
    ok you two would you be happy giving your internet provider two months of pay for no service?

Mark
    1 day ago
    Or would you ask for your money back?

Mark
    1 day ago
    Here is a more apt way to look at it. Would you think it was right to pay full price for a new car

Mark
    1 day ago
    only to get your new car with no engine? would you just shrug your sholders when they didn't make ..

Mark
    1 day ago
    ... right and send the car to the junk yard and be out your money?

Mark
    1 day ago
    kyve my ISP Has issues from time to time and they have it fixed in less than a day. They deal ...

Mark
    1 day ago
    w/ much more diverse and older equipment, sometimes having to physically go to the site of failure.

Mark
    1 day ago
    The only thing that should have taken them this long is a complete re-write of the 'leader board' ..

Mark
    1 day ago
    ... interface. In which case they had no business releasing broken software without it being free.

Mark
    1 day ago
    Anyone else feel the way I do about this?"

Apologies if it's a mess, but honestly. PEOPLE WANTING TO REPORT ZEN TO THE BBB BECAUSE OF LACK OF BEING PATIENT IS A BAD IDEA. Seriously. ONE MONTH without a patch despite zen discussing every step of it, and they get whiny and whiny... And these are mostly ADULTS making these posts. ADULTS. I'm a teenager and I can't believe I somehow am more understanding than some of the adults on miiverse... It makes Nintendo fans look bad... But I don't know if I SHOULD believe that or not.

(PS, Barbie, I would like this quote to be left up if possible, as it REALLY shows the problems the miiverse can cause, since not everyone can see miiverse posts)

Default Sorry

I thought I had bought this title a month ago, turns out I purchased it on 5/5 (according to ddp.nintendo) I had to do some digging before posting any more to MiiVerse. I wanted to verify the patch had been submitted and was not just misinformation, I did not want to be guilty of passing the same. According to a couple of MiiVerse posts the leader boards had already been broken for better than a week when I bought my 19 tables. Wrongfully so I thought along with the month I had owned the game the boards and tournaments had been down for 5-6 weeks in total. I was wrong and for that I apologize.

I bought four table packs and three individual tables all at once under the impression all was functional (some were on sale, I spent better than $30 assuming all was working and well) . Fact: I did not get all I paid for. Can you argue that?
    The tournaments were a very big selling point for me. If I wanted to play alone or have someone come over I could have gotten any number of free tables on the PC, albeit likely of lesser quality, but still free. If you are a Teen you might not understand how expensive being an adult with cars, children, a house payment, ect is. Perhaps you do, perhaps you don't. When I work hard for the money I spent on this game I am understandably upset when I don't get what I paid for, thinking (again wrongly so , and again sorry) 5 weeks had passed only exacerbated my disappointment. A few weeks is still not good in my book. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 came out (for over 30 years) and I do not remember a fix ever taking this long. Keep in mind I understand this system of distribution through download is relatively new, I'm just establishing that I have some experience with video games, and this felt a good deal like developer abandonment.

When I originally posted what you quoted I had not heard a patch had been submitted and any further progress toward getting ALL that I paid for was now in Nintendo's lap. Had I heard that, I likely wouldn't have posted what I did and waited longer for full functionality.

In the real world, if you don't stand up for yourself you get run over, I was voicing my dissatisfaction. I understand it could be taken as wining, much the same way as your post could be taken as whining about someone else whining (which to me is kind of funny in and of itself). I think you were trying to make a different point though.

I do feel bad about being wrong concerning how long it has been down, and really like the game, I just want(ed) all I paid for. I don't mean to be a condescending jerk, I just am

Default Now that that is out of the way ...

Now that that is out of the way what problems do you perceive my post and MiiVerse in general to be causing?

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
    Now that that is out of the way what problems do you perceive my post and MiiVerse in general to be causing?
    Posts FAR worse than yours have been made, mostly people saying along the lines of "BOO THIS IS A SCAM I WANT A FREE TABLE FOR THE BROKEN LEADERBOARDS!", and is pretty much making Nintendo gamers look bad in general, and I do not want that perception to be given to third parties.

Default I believe I understand

I see where you are going and I agree, the WiiU hasn't had overwhelming third party buy in. I appreciate you trying to sway me, I know communicating through MiiVerse can be tedious and you posted something like 8 in a row.

I don't know how much other developers really pay attention to the posts in other MiiVerse communities than their own ... potential developers looking to bring a title to the system perhaps ...

I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 came out (for over 30 years) and I do not remember a fix ever taking this long.
    Definitely the quote of the day.

Well, I guess MiiVerse is a bit more anonymous compared to this forum, which makes it easier to complain. But I must admit that fixing this issue is taking ridiculously long, especially looking at the distribution model. I am doubting we will see any working leaderbords before the end of this month the way it going right now :-(

I thought I had bought this title a month ago, turns out I purchased it on 5/5 (according to ddp.nintendo) I had to do some digging before posting any more to MiiVerse. I wanted to verify the patch had been submitted and was not just misinformation, I did not want to be guilty of passing the same. According to a couple of MiiVerse posts the leader boards had already been broken for better than a week when I bought my 19 tables. Wrongfully so I thought along with the month I had owned the game the boards and tournaments had been down for 5-6 weeks in total. I was wrong and for that I apologize.

I bought four table packs and three individual tables all at once under the impression all was functional (some were on sale, I spent better than $30 assuming all was working and well) . Fact: I did not get all I paid for. Can you argue that?
    The tournaments were a very big selling point for me. If I wanted to play alone or have someone come over I could have gotten any number of free tables on the PC, albeit likely of lesser quality, but still free. If you are a Teen you might not understand how expensive being an adult with cars, children, a house payment, ect is. Perhaps you do, perhaps you don't. When I work hard for the money I spent on this game I am understandably upset when I don't get what I paid for, thinking (again wrongly so , and again sorry) 5 weeks had passed only exacerbated my disappointment. A few weeks is still not good in my book. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 came out (for over 30 years) and I do not remember a fix ever taking this long. Keep in mind I understand this system of distribution through download is relatively new, I'm just establishing that I have some experience with video games, and this felt a good deal like developer abandonment.

When I originally posted what you quoted I had not heard a patch had been submitted and any further progress toward getting ALL that I paid for was now in Nintendo's lap. Had I heard that, I likely wouldn't have posted what I did and waited longer for full functionality.

In the real world, if you don't stand up for yourself you get run over, I was voicing my dissatisfaction. I understand it could be taken as wining, much the same way as your post could be taken as whining about someone else whining (which to me is kind of funny in and of itself). I think you were trying to make a different point though.

I do feel bad about being wrong concerning how long it has been down, and really like the game, I just want(ed) all I paid for. I don't mean to be a condescending jerk, I just am
    i don't see it that way i go onto the miiverse allmost every day and i too see the complants well lets just say they are not bad as the ones i see on the hulu plus one. some times good things come to those who waits and if you want to find me in the wiiverse you can allways find me as the user name in my sinager at the bottom of this post.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Just like I said, they are working on it. Why did I repost that? THE FIX IS LIVE!

to be fair, zen studios took much too long with this update, and even though i believe its fixed now, there are still many features that were promised a long time ago and they have not pulled through. while i am satisfied with my purchases, it is pretty sad that they havent given any updates on anything beyond "nothing to report". zen studios does not really keep in touch with their fans, and i find the reason "we are a small group" a bit of an excuse, especially with their other game, castle storm, practically finished as it comes out within a week. how about you finished what you started and promised before working on anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by marioman63 View Post
    to be fair, zen studios took much too long with this update, and even though i believe its fixed now, there are still many features that were promised a long time ago and they have not pulled through. while i am satisfied with my purchases, it is pretty sad that they havent given any updates on anything beyond "nothing to report". zen studios does not really keep in touch with their fans, and i find the reason "we are a small group" a bit of an excuse, especially with their other game, castle storm, practically finished as it comes out within a week. how about you finished what you started and promised before working on anything else?
    If you really want to be fair, Zen should put a hold on any Wii updates and work on Mac OSX. It has been out much longer than WiiU and we still don't have global leaderboards, custom keyboard mapping, controller support, tournaments, and we still have less tables than the WiiU was launched with. But I understand that Zen has their fingers in a lot of pots right now.

Just to be clear--this is not indicative of everyone on miiverse. I get countless messages from people who are very happy with ZP2, despite the issues and delays. By posting stuff like this, you're trying to make people look bad, and it makes things worse. If you don't like the negative comments, don't read them. That's my job, not yours

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Just to be clear--this is not indicative of everyone on miiverse. I get countless messages from people who are very happy with ZP2, despite the issues and delays. By posting stuff like this, you're trying to make people look bad, and it makes things worse. If you don't like the negative comments, don't read them. That's my job, not yours

I know, and I DO see a lot of people enjoying the game like I am, but when you had 90% of the miiverse flooded with complaints it was very frustrating, and USUALLY in these cases I only view player posts, but since it is a free download for the basic app, it doesn't help much. I apologize if I seem to be making them look bad this way, but it really is a concern

I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 came out (for over 30 years) and I do not remember a fix ever taking this long.

I seriously doubt that for 3 reasons:

1: Patches didn't exist back then, if a game was improved it was simply rereleased.
    2: Other games have had a much LONGER waiting period
    3:Paitence
    Last edited by TheDreamingHawk; 05-25-2013 at 03:19 AM.

I know, and I DO see a lot of people enjoying the game like I am, but when you had 90% of the miiverse flooded with complaints it was very frustrating, and USUALLY in these cases I only view player posts, but since it is a free download for the basic app, it doesn't help much. I apologize if I seem to be making them look bad this way, but it really is a concern

I seriously doubt that for 3 reasons:

1: Patches didn't exist back then, if a game was improved it was simply rereleased.
    2: Other games have had a much LONGER waiting period
    3:Paitence
    I agree if you wanted the game to have an update well then you had to wait tell they eather came out with a sequle. yes the old 8 bit days were brutale on us gamers but the gamers of today don't know how it was back in the 8 bit days.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

To be honest, I've given up on gamers in general. Ever since I've seen the same "It's not free / F2P, there's no free table in it" BS on the Steam community, I've come to realize how spoiled people really are.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCXJk View Post
    To be honest, I've given up on gamers in general. Ever since I've seen the same "It's not free / F2P, there's no free table in it" BS on the Steam community, I've come to realize how spoiled people really are.
    It can get pretty bad, but this forum is generally super nice and polite. I'm so lucky to have you guys around here

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCXJk View Post
    It's not just the game industry. When something becomes like a standard, the customer expects everyone in the industry to follow it. It's not surprising that they react differently to it, when someone tries to break the mold.