Thread: Please more historical tables! WW2 please!

Default Please more historical tables! WW2 please!

I really wanted to see the tables in the style of Rome. I wait WW2 themes: East front, West front, Pacific, Africa... Is possible?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by ColdForestRain View Post
    I really wanted to see the tables in the style of Rome. I wait WW2 themes: East front, West front, Pacific, Africa... Is possible?
    I don't foresee that happening soon, but...the Captain America table is set in WW2, so maybe that is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I don't foresee that happening soon, but...the Captain America table is set in WW2, so maybe that is better than nothing.
    It sure is better than nothing... Bring on the Marvel DLC pack (Fantastic Four, Civil War, Captain America)!

I'm sure they'll have their hands full with their franchise tables for a while, but I second this request. I absolutely would love to see a couple WWII themed tables. One (or more) for the European Theater and one for the Pacific Theater would be incredibly awesome!

I'd not want to play pinball with a WW2 theme, with the background that 50 million people were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    I'd not want to play pinball with a WW2 theme, with the background that 50 million people were killed.
    This.

Well, I would forgive you guys if you ever decide to follow this suggestion, but whatever you do don't put any swastikas in it, or make a special German version - without them.
    Otherwise you risk a lot of trouble including a ban for the DLC or even for the whole game over here. And the latter would make me a sad panda.

Are not you a little dramatic? I mean there is a lot of movies, comics, videogames based on WWII and nobody complains, at least not so much. I know it was the worst war of the history with 50 million people killed, atomics bombs, etc but you cannot change history ignoring that war or anything related.

I would like themed tables of WWII too.

PSN ID: twsh
    Steam ID: twsh

Zen Pinball tables are wonderful with fantasy and other light hearted themes. Please, no historical war based tables, no WWII, no Iraq War, no Genghis Khan, no Crusades.

Captain America is borderline with it's fantasy version of WWII, but understandable as part of the Marvel universe.

For most of our history America had a deep distrust of a powerful military. It's depressing to now see how much militarism and worship of the armed forces is creeping into our culture. I really don't want to see this reflected in my pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    I'm sure it could be done in a very tasteful and light hearted way. We're not talking about tables with swastikas and holocaust animations here.

Yes, many people parished, which is all the more reason the events should not be forgotten. I'm for anything that recognizes history and those that sacrificed for freedom in a respectful way.

I'm guessing you have not played any of the numerous video games or watched any of the movies set during that time period either. The ones that were well done have generated tons of interest and profits in the past. I think it's a very reasonable subject matter, if done properly, that really hasn't been approached by the pinball genre yet as far as I know.
    Last edited by gamester; 05-22-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twsh View Post
    Are not you a little dramatic? I mean there is a lot of movies, comics, videogames based on WWII and nobody complains, at least not so much. I know it was the worst war of the history with 50 million people killed, atomics bombs, etc but you cannot change history ignoring that war or anything related.
    Agreed.

But that swastika thing is a problem over here, they are verboten in Germany.
    I don't think those laws do anything good, but I'm pretty positive they are here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cheddar View Post
    Agreed.

But that swastika thing is a problem over here, they are verboten in Germany.
    I don't think those laws do anything good, but I'm pretty positive they are here to stay.
    Well I agree too, I think is better the swastika is prohibited in Germany, the reasons are obvious, but this is easily fixed changin that symbol with another, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by twsh View Post
    Well I agree too, I think is better the swastika is prohibited in Germany, the reasons are obvious, but this is easily fixed changin that symbol with another, I guess
    You've nailed it. German nazis had their substitude symbols pretty fast and those aren't restricted at all. Quite a few of them came to public knowledge, I could give you 3 examples without even thinking about it. Also they call themselves dissidents because of those laws and have even the nerve to hit the definition of the word.
    And furthermore, I wish to read "Mein Kampf" legally. I'm pretty positive the book won't manage to turn me into a nazi.
    Last edited by Sir Cheddar; 05-22-2013 at 07:29 PM.

I think WW2 themed tables could be really cool. When I first heard about the Civil War table, I foolishly thought it was going to be about the US Civil War. Then I remembered the devs are Hungarian and that would probably not be a hot theme for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdForestRain View Post
    Please don't.

Pinball should not be tied to reality, especially tragic events. Sorry for the OP, this is a terrible idea.
    steam id : megar_3

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cheddar View Post
    I'm pretty positive the book won't manage to turn me into a nazi.
    That's for sure. It is best to know your enemy. I would like to read that book only for knowledge. My political ideas are pretty opposed to this book and his author. But the truth is that I am too lazy for reads well at this time.

Play Call of Duty - this is normal, but protect Stalingrad in pinball is bad?

50 million dead? There was a minimum of 60 million dead!! 38 million civilians and 22 million military dead. And many believe these figures are actually much higher. The human race is a parasite of planet earth, and if history teaches us anything it's that humans suck. On a more positive note Pinball FX 2 is really rather good

OK guys... lets not get carried away here. Remember that our game is rated E!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    OK guys... lets not get carried away here. Remember that our game is rated E!
    Well, I agree. Maybe we can continue arguing in the general subforum.