Thread: Random table talk

Default Random table talk

I'm brave enough (Epic Quest to be launched today so I am brave indeed) to start a new thread , just a place to chat about tables, good and bad games we've had etc, no bug reports, no serious questions.

I wonder what the story behind the Rome table is? You ARE Rome, your goal is to lead Rome to a golden age as the narrator says. Everything's fine but I don't understand why you need to sink the ship in one of the missions? It is a Roman galley after all...am I too stupid to understand the mission or is it a gameplay-related error by Zen?

I have all the tables, but I haven't played Rome yet. My favourite tables, so far, are Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Boba Fett. I especially like voices of enemies in Ghost Rider, so much personality and humor. I only wish there are more video modes in tables (on DMD).

I wonder if the voice of the princess (Epic Quest) is actually Barbie. Epic Quest is awesome, brilliant, cool, nice, sweet and simply epic. That's why it was called Epic Quest in my opinion. I'm a bit confused because of all the swords, amors, shields...and their stats. I had a sword blala, damage X, +6 charisma (in the name)...but then I found a better wooden sword similar looking to the sword you start with.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    I wonder if the voice of the princess (Epic Quest) is actually Barbie. Epic Quest is awesome, brilliant, cool, nice, sweet and simply epic. That's why it was called Epic Quest in my opinion. I'm a bit confused because of all the swords, amors, shields...and their stats. I had a sword blala, damage X, +6 charisma (in the name)...but then I found a better wooden sword similar looking to the sword you start with.
    Don't go by looks or name, just take the one with the best number. The elemental effects can make a difference against cetain enemies who are resistent or vulnerable to it, but it's not like you can change weapons on demand according to the enemy you are facing. So maybe if you had two that were close and one had fire or something but was a little lower it might be worth the tradeoff.

I do look at stats only but still it was strange that the weak-looking wooden sword from the beginning appeared again later in the game (level 17 or something like that).

yeah I didn't purchase epic quest on xbox, but I did on here, and I'm glad I did. It quickly became my favorite table. It's just a fun filled loot fetching good time. The only tables I haven't acquired are the fx core pack. I played enough of those on the box. I'll get them eventually, just not in a hurry. So I already stated my favorite..least favorite? hmm.....V12 probably. I just can't get into it. I like cars and such, but I just can't get into the table. Anyone else feel this way? Also, I have a question for everyone. If you could make your own pack of 4 from the tables provided already, what would they be?

My pack:
    Epic Quest
    Boba Fett
    Moon Knight
    Blade

Quote Originally Posted by xaphian View Post
    ..least favorite? hmm.....V12 probably. I just can't get into it. I like cars and such, but I just can't get into the table. Anyone else feel this way?
    My thoughts exactly. I like cars and love racing games, but just can't get into V12. It's just kind of hard to see what's happening (even in portrait) and I can't get any flow going.

Every other table I can play for hours, though.

Epic Quest is tons of fun, by the way. It's nice that even when you have a bad game, at least you are gaining experience and have a chance to get better loot. I restart less than on other tables. The only thing I don't like is how hard it is to get it up the water wheel thing. One time I had an extra ball waiting for me up top and it took 7 direct, hard hits until one stayed in the wheel and went up.

Yea I feel the same way I just cant get into V12.. But now I am loving Epic Quest.. Being a World of Warcraft player sense day one... I enjoy the epic loot.. LoL I got 2 Epic pieces of gear tonight
    I really like Tesla table.. and all of the core pack
    Last edited by LoadedWeapon; 05-30-2013 at 02:19 AM.

What do you think about my Rome problem (1st post)?

Yesterday I defeated 33 skeletons in one go (the hit any ramp thing). What is your personal best?

Roo The water wheel is just the middle shot. It's not difficult...however, I don't understand why - while fighting a monster - the wheel is sometimes turned off and the ball is kicked out of the loot kicker...and sometimes I can shoot the wheel, then shoot the theatre to cast a spell.

KickBeaten Down

What do you think about my Rome problem (1st post)?
    It's a training mission ("mock warfare"). I believe the idea is that you're practicing with catapults on a wrecked Roman ship that is to be scuttled.

Ok, thanks.

This is my current version of Max, the mighty monster masher!

My highscore so far: 44.1 (take that, Shifty )

Looks like you need some new boots lol

I wonder if the voice of the princess (Epic Quest) is actually Barbie.
    Hahaha I wish :P

Boots...oh my God, you can actually wear boots? I haven't come acroos boots in this game. Just kidding but I haven't gotten any boots yet. I don't need them as my horse does the walking and riding for me. No need to use my own feet. Mounted combat for the win.

Oh, sorry to hear, Barbie. They should definitely add you to the game, maybe some princess throwing bombs or a bird collecting "bugs".

EDIT I'm level 21 now...still no boots. Bad luck or is the table buggy for poor Austrian warriors?
    Last edited by LeanderL; 05-31-2013 at 12:17 AM.

After reading the table guide I know there are no boots. Just found an epic armour so I am all eternally epic.

Although I am only a casual gamer and far from being pro I'm not that bad at aiming. Nudging the ball still is too difficult, sometimes it works, sometimes I drain the ball so I rather spend some seconds shooting a ramp I don't need and wait for the ball to came back to the correct flipper to use. Pinball videos on Youtube always have mad nudging action going on...so I wonder how many points you score without nudgeing the ball? Just by using the flippers?

The question is for Roo and Grouch...you are my most highscoring Steam friends. Roo has about 189 millions on Epic Quest - how many points would you have scored without nudging the ball?

My 49 millions on Epic Quest just by aiming and no strategy at all...is mediocre...time to learn nudging, not only because of flipper passes but because of death saves, too. I just aim and watch the ball bounce around. Maybe my 100 million points on Thor without nudging would be 300 with good nudging. However, playing pinball is not just aiming...I need to learn new techniques!

The question is for Roo and Grouch...you are my most highscoring Steam friends. Roo has about 189 millions on Epic Quest - how many points would you have scored without nudging the ball?
    Honestly, I don't use nudging that much right now.

The only time I ever nudge left/right is when the ball is sort of teetering between the inlane and the outlane. And that I use sparingly because of my setup. I'll spare you all the details, but the only way I can currently get nudging working on my virtual pinball cabinet is to use key mapping utilities. So there is no analog nudging; only "full-strength" nudges like you would get from the keyboard. In a situation like this, I'd like to be able to do a light nudge to just guide the ball back towards the inlane gently. But with the nudge strength the way it is, it shakes the whole table so hard that sometimes the ball just bounces around randomly and ricochets back towards the outlane anyway. So it's risky.

On recreations of real tables (in Visual Pinball, for example), I will also nudge left/right to avoid balls going straight down the middle. But the gap between the flippers in Pinball FX is a little smaller and the tables seem like they are designed extremely well to avoid drops straight down the middle. I've put a ton of time into this game already and it almost never happens; you can almost always save it with the flippers somehow.

The only time I use forward nudging is when trying to do bang backs after a ball goes down the outlane. I'm not very consistent with it; I probably get it to work less than 5% of the time. But it's awesome when it works! I will admit this could make a big difference in the right situation. It's like a free ball save. But I would guess most of my high scores are unaffected by it.

The other situation that I think forward nudging would be useful is for nudge passes when the ball is rolling quickly across a flipper. But with my setup, the forward nudging is hard to do. First, I have to physically shove the cabinet forward while holding the correct flipper button in. And with the current setup, I have had to set the deadzone fairly high to avoid unintentional nudges being registered, so it takes a decent amount of force. Second, it's not 100% accurate and will sometimes trigger a left/right nudge instead of a forward one. For these reasons, I don't do nudge passes - it would be too risky. I do a lot of post passes (off the slingshots), though.

Nudging with the controller seems a lot easier than with my current set up (if less fun ). So I'm guessing I'm at somewhat of a disadvantage there. I'm crossing my fingers they'll add some sort of generic controller support that will work for me so that I can have nice analog nudging.

But overall I wouldn't say nudging is really that necessary to get decent scores. To me I would say the most important skills are general flipper control/trapping, dead flipper passes, and post passes (or some other way of transferring the ball to the other flipper).

Thanks for your explanation. What's your secret then? Death saves every now and then? Your strategy how to score?

I did some nudging tests...and it is not that hard after all. Passing from one flipper to the other is actually easy. My problem was that I did it wrong all the time...I nudged the table left or right depending on the direction the ball should take...but NOT upwards. Now I just nudge the analog stick upwards and the ball is passed between the flippers perfectly.

I don't have a real scoring strategy though, e.g. step 1: activate ball saver, 2: active bonus, 3: start mission 1, 4: activate ball saver again...I just play and shoot the flashing targets without making up my mind what to do next...I guess I must improve this. I already tried to play with a strategy and had 20 millions in 1/5th of the time I would have normally needed without a strategy.

Roo, any chance you upload videos of you playing?

I don't think I have any secrets, just practice. Strategy will vary by table. On some the missions seem to be the best way to earn points, on others it might be something else like multiball jackpots. You have the right idea in mind with the ball savers (and kickbacks).

I know what you mean, though. Sometimes when I play too conservatively and try to constantly build the safety nets back up before going for any points I actually end up doing worse because I'm overthinking it and getting out of rhythm.

I don't have video, but pinballWiz does. I haven't watched them, but judging by his scores he is way better than me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/pinballwiz45b/videos/

Thanks. I watched pinballWiz's videos. I don't play that different (the use of flippers) but the main difference is that he has a strategy, his aiming is near perfect and he doesn't shoot just lit targets and ramps but the ones he needs. In seven minutes he scores as many millions as I do in 30 minutes. I gotta focus on a table, learn the missions and what I am supposted to to instead of playing 15 different tables and each of them twice.

...his aiming is near perfect...
    Yeah, I think the best "strategy" is to just always hit what you are aiming for, then you'll almost never have bad bounces that lead to lost balls. Easier said than done, obviously!

I had a crazy session on Epic Quest last night. I was having a really good game, then I got hasty and accidentally swapped out an item with a stat of like 450-500 with one that was 54. And it was my weapon, of course. I probably don't have to tell you how hard that made it to kill some of the monsters. The game went downhill quickly after that, due to it being hard to win fights and just because I was mad and lost focus.

So I started a new game and just tried to win some fights to hopefully get a better weapon back. When I reached ball 3, I had a pathetic score of like 9 million. Then I got some extra balls and slowly started getting better weapons. Then I had an absolutely crazy multiball session with tons of jackpots. By the end I had bested my high score of 228m with a score of 330m, basically all on ball 3 with weak weapons.

Stats aren't everything I guess! I still don't have a weapon as good as I had and have yet to even get another epic weapon after like 20+ loot drops. But at least I have one that's decent again (like 330). And I learned a valuable lesson about selecting loot too quickly.

Wow, congrats, 300m is a lot. Ah, thanks for reminding me of a question: do you know if the chicken in the upper right corner is part of the table's gameplay or just decoration? Eggs roll down the ramp and break at the orcanium...so I don't know if there's a way to activate the chicken.

Wow, congrats, 300m is a lot. Ah, thanks for reminding me of a question: do you know if the chicken in the upper right corner is part of the table's gameplay or just decoration? Eggs roll down the ramp and break at the orcanium...so I don't know if there's a way to activate the chicken.
    I noticed the egg, but didn't know where it came from. I'll have to look for the chicken. I know the chicken clucks when you hit the water wheel. I'm guessing it's just all decoration.

Also I was looking at the playfield artwork yesterday and couldn't find the spider, though every other monster seems to be there. Maybe you can only see some things from certain angles.

I thought the chicken adds an extra ball or an additional ball during multiball. After all, both chicken and the egg appear in the official table trailer.

How do you scroll up/down your friend's highscores with a XBOX360 controller? The left stick and Dpad select the table you would like to view, the right stick selects the table description, super score, wizard score, local score or best 123 score among friends...but if there are more than 10 scores among friends I can only use the mouse wheel to view all scores...but don't know how to do so with the XBOX controller.

One reason why I like Thor that much (I am NOT a Marvel fan): the theme...the quotations...and my fav. band is all about this theme, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WJX1cIuY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRt6Tt6RyM
    Last edited by LeanderL; 06-05-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    I noticed the egg, but didn't know where it came from. I'll have to look for the chicken. I know the chicken clucks when you hit the water wheel. I'm guessing it's just all decoration.

Also I was looking at the playfield artwork yesterday and couldn't find the spider, though every other monster seems to be there. Maybe you can only see some things from certain angles.
    Turns out I've never seen the chicken because I have the DMD in the upper right and it covers it. I can't wait until we can move that to another monitor.

But yeah it seems to just cluck and release the egg randomly sometimes when you hit the water wheel. I doubt it affects gameplay at all or it'd be in the guide. Lots of nice little audio/visual touches on this table, though.

Another thing. Is it just me or are the mini games in Pasha really hard? I'm like 1 for 26 on the two "sword fight" mini-playfield ones and 0 for 16 on the circular magnet ones. I just cannot get that one to maintain the ball speed. Makes it really hard to complete the Tales.

I was able to finish the guards minigame once but most minigames are really difficult for me. I don't know what to do most of the time as they appear only a few times and you can't really practice them.

New personal record on Epic Quest, 76 millions! (my old record was 49m)...I took a different approach, I played in a calm way, without loud music, no beers and with a strategy. The big difference was multiball...one jackpot is 3.5m in my case, I only locked one ball and went for the instant multiball...and I didn't shoot around like mad but saved 1 ball with the right flipper, tried to get the jackpot with the left flipper...and hit many, many jackpots. I think this is the key to scoring big if you go for instant multiball each time the princess ramp is lit and take your time to make jackpot shots.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 06-06-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Nice. I had considered that strategy, but haven't tried it yet. I usually do Jackpot + Jackpot + Extra Ball. Maybe once I finally kill the dragon I will try it.

This table (along with GhostRider) has helped me get better at multiball.

I'm talking to KaZAamM about Shaman...he says he has problems activating the left disc...and thinks it is broken. I could only activate the middle and right discs, too...any information if the table is alright or if there is a bug?

Roo, do you know if the princess lanes in Epic Quest stack? For example, you defeat the evil tree, the lock is lit...but you don't go for it and start a second battle...afterwards you get the princess lane reward again...can you lock two balls (as you defeated two monsters) or just one AND it skipping the second battle is recommended if you haven't shot the princess lane yet after defeating the first monster?

Roo, do you know if the princess lanes in Epic Quest stack? For example, you defeat the evil tree, the lock is lit...but you don't go for it and start a second battle...afterwards you get the princess lane reward again...can you lock two balls (as you defeated two monsters) or just one AND it skipping the second battle is recommended if you haven't shot the princess lane yet after defeating the first monster?
    I think it stacks them up to the point where you start the multiball. So you can defeat the first and second monster (or second and third) back to back and then lock both balls at once. Or you could defeat three in a row and then lock all three balls at once and start the multiball.

But if you already have two balls locked and then defeat two monsters back to back, I think you will lose one of them. Once you lock the third ball, multiball will start and then afterward no locks will be available.

At least I'm pretty sure I saw that happen a few times. It's a bit annoying because sometimes you'll start a fight accidentally (especially if it's as a traveling award from the orbits) when you already have two balls locked and the lock lit and so you essentially lose the lock opportunity from that last fight.

Thanks, I am sometimes able to lock more than one ball without killing monsters in between but still there are exceptions. Maybe because of the random monster encounters as you said.

How about the in-game speech? Are such lines written by Zen or taken from the movies if there are some? e.g. "they have killed my wife and my unborn child...the angrier I get the stronger I get"... (World War Hulk).

I'm a little behind in the conversation, the the egg gives the ball a little pause before it enter the orcanium. Otherwise, it just goes right through.

How about the in-game speech? Are such lines written by Zen or taken from the movies if there are some? e.g. "they have killed my wife and my unborn child...the angrier I get the stronger I get"... (World War Hulk).
    Having just re-watched The Avengers, I can tell you that many of the lines in that one are straight from the movie, or very similar (the intro is a shorter version of Nick Fury's speech).

I can't speak to the ones based directly on comic books. I think "Hulk SMASH!" is a direct quote, though.

Almost all of the lines in the Marvel and Star War tables are direct quotes.

For the Marvel tables, they are mostly direct quotes from the comic books. However, a couple of them have come from the movies and TV series. For example, on the Wolverine table. The line "Hey, Tin Woodsman! I'm sending you back to Oz in pieces," comes directly from an episode of the X-Men animated series.

Someone in the past posted pictures of the Infinity Gauntlet comic and most of the lines were the same word for word. Also, some of the gimmicks on the table (like the GOD monument) were lifted from the comic as well.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-16-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks.

Anyone else having problems hitting the palace shot on Pasha? "Choose your story" -> I can hardly ever make the shot as shooting the ball with the upper left flipper isn't easy. Many times I hit the tip of the upper right flipper. Any hints?

Anyone else having problems hitting the palace shot on Pasha? "Choose your story" -> I can hardly ever make the shot as shooting the ball with the upper left flipper isn't easy. Many times I hit the tip of the upper right flipper. Any hints?
    Just press both flippers at the same time when you're making that shot and ball won't hit upper right flipper. That's how I do it

I sometimes hold the right flipper, too but if I don't make the shot the ball goes down the drain as the bottom right flipper doesn't stop the ball (as it is held, too)

Well I beat Galactus on only my 2nd game on Fantastic Four. That was awesome!

Only the third Wizard Mode I've beat (the others being Spiderman and GhostRider, which is easy to get to since you don't have to beat each mission to get to it). Fourth counting Ms. Splosion Man on Xbox, I guess. I still haven't beat that stupid dragon on Epic Quest, though I've faced him a handfull of times.

Wow, Roo, good job.

Is it just me or is the multiball music of Sorcerer's Lair the same as Epic Quest's multiball music?

Sorcerer's Lair: how does the minigame with the gears work? Two gears crush the ball but I can't control the gears. I tried pressing the flipper buttons and also holding them but it had no effect.

Sorcerer's Lair: how does the minigame with the gears work? Two gears crush the ball but I can't control the gears. I tried pressing the flipper buttons and also holding them but it had no effect.
    The ball follows a path jumping from gear to gear. Press the right flipper button to make the gears go clockwise and press the left flipper button to turn them go counterclockwise. Do not hold the flipper buttons.

Got it to work, thanks. At least I know how it is done (couldn't complete it).

Some days ago I was really, really sad when Lafleur broke my Thor highscore. I love your cat avatar, Lafleur but beating my record was very mean. *crying*

...but finally, I could secure a 1st place again among all those crazy scores I won't ever come close, too...on X-Men. 105m (100m with the 1st ball). What about the tornado-thing? It works as a spinner but always blocks the right ramp and I couldn't finish the weather mission...so the tornado stood there for quite a while and spoilt the fun. Is this a bug or does it stay till you complete it?

Is Star Wars ESB an easy, medium or difficult table? I can't get used to it, I drain the balls too quickly so often I only get about 5m or less points.

Hopefully no one will mind if I use this space for a little promo...

PC pinball fans - please consider contributing to the Kickstarter campaign for Pro Pinball's Timeshock: Ultra Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Hopefully no one will mind if I use this space for a little promo...

PC pinball fans - please consider contributing to the Kickstarter campaign for Pro Pinball's Timeshock: Ultra Edition!
    Already backed this. They have a more realistic funding goal this time around. However, I hope they don't have to kickstart every one of their tables.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Already backed this. They have a more realistic funding goal this time around. However, I hope they don't have to kickstart every one of their tables.
    I believe they said in the comments somewhere the goal would be to fund future tables with profits from the first one.

Ms. Splosion Man. 1st game: 88m. Then two friends came to my house and we played two rounds of hot seat multiplayer (3 players). One friend scored 200m in his second round and finished all missions without any extra balls. He is good at computer games but definitely no pinball pro...are there more missions after beating the robot? Is the table so easy or was he so good?

Ms. Splosion Man. 1st game: 88m. Then two friends came to my house and we played two rounds of hot seat multiplayer (3 players). One friend scored 200m in his second round and finished all missions without any extra balls. He is good at computer games but definitely no pinball pro...are there more missions after beating the robot? Is the table so easy or was he so good?
    There are easier and harder tables in Pinball FX2. Ms. Splosion Man is definitely an easier one, because we wanted to create it this way. However, my girlfriend wasn't be able to finish any missions on it, but she is not a player at all If you want challenge, then Iron Man is your table

I don't like Iron Man that much...colors, lanes etc. ... one of my least favourite tables but not because of its difficulty. Ok, after scoring 13m and 37m I scored 193m and only beat my friend's score by 200k points. The missions are really easy but they seem to be more difficult after beating the game once...I had almost all of my points after two balls and couldn't get anything with the third and the two extra balls. Is the glass more difficult to break? And I didn't have any multiball modes with big jackpots...but nice game anyway.

I played Ms. Splosion Man with a friend and increased my previous record from 190 million to 390 million...I really felt sorry for you as I played all the time and he had to wait for minutes in between. This table is really very easy.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 10-18-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Finally, over 100m on Fantastic Four. Haven't played for a long time but this table is perfect, layout, lanes, missions...

310 million on Avengers. I didn't even know what to do. I don't understand the table...I just kept shooting everything. Why am I supposed to fight against Thor with Hulk? I thought they are both on my side.
    Last edited by LeanderL; 10-18-2013 at 11:21 PM.

310 millions on Avengers. I didn't even know what to do. I don't understand the table...I just kept shooting everything. Why am I supposed to fight against Thor with Hulk? I thought they are both on my side.
    Nice score. You must not have seen the movie. They are both basically on the same side, but Hulk is not exactly easy to control. He generally just rages and attacks everything. In the scene on the flying aircraft carrier thing he gets mad and starts going nuts, but Thor is the one who has to try and control him.

Ah, ok, thanks. No, haven't seen the movie. I don't like Marvel much.

Ah, ok, thanks. No, haven't seen the movie. I don't like Marvel much.
    Really? Most of the Marvel movies from recent years (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers) have been quite good. And they fit together as a series really well if you see them in order. Spiderman 1 & 2 (not the new Amazing Spiderman) and X-Men 1 & 2 were also good.

I'll admit the DC animated movies are better, and Batman is still my favorite single character.

Unless you don't like comic book stuff at all...

That's the case, I don't like the comic books. I don't really know why...maybe too modern for my taste. I prefer medieval fantasy.

That's the case, I don't like the comic books. I don't really know why...maybe too modern for my taste. I prefer medieval fantasy.
    There are old comic books. Batman isn't really new (older than pinball) but I'm with you. No Marvel, please.

I have bought and played Escalibur yesterday. Now I have another skillshot problem which is not necessarily device related, although there is a difference between Steam and my Android tablet. I cannot see the upper rollover lanes when shooting with the plunger and I'm not fast enough to switch the lanes in the last second. Unfortunately the skillshot is worth 500,000.
    Last edited by Bronsky; 10-14-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Just scored 110 million on Starfighter Assault. Unfortunately, in a 3-player-game. Why don't these scores count for your Steam scores?
    Last edited by LeanderL; 10-18-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Just scored 110 million on Starfighter Assault. Unfortunately, in a 3-player-game. Why don't these scores count for your Steam scores?
    Yeah, it's a bit frustrating. When I first got Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, my wife and I were playing a lot of hot-seat multiplayer. But after achieving a few amazing scores and discovering that they were only saving to the local high score charts, we decided to take turns in single player mode from then on, just to make sure our highest scores were recorded.

I am really tired but somehow managed to defeat all monsters on Epic Quest for the first time. Still only 168 million...this table relies on multiball modes...I was looking forward to fighting the dragon but one second after killing the last monster I drained the ball. I don't know if there is a bonus for defeating all monsters but I didn't get one. Monster dead, ball drained...it was.

There are some awesome highscores out there...does scoring 300 million or more mean you beat all monsters, the dragon and completed wizard mode or are such scores also possible without defeating many monsters...just by hitting a ton of jackpot and super jackpot lanes? My jackpots were 4 million and 8 million for super jackpots...I wasn't lucky...but you can really increase your score with a decent multiball run.

I am really tired but somehow managed to defeat all monsters on Epic Quest for the first time. Still only 168 million...this table relies on multiball modes...I was looking forward to fighting the dragon but one second after killing the last monster I drained the ball. I don't know if there is a bonus for defeating all monsters but I didn't get one. Monster dead, ball drained...it was.
    Defeating the dragon will give you a 50 million point bonus.

There are some awesome highscores out there...does scoring 300 million or more mean you beat all monsters, the dragon and completed wizard mode or are such scores also possible without defeating many monsters...just by hitting a ton of jackpot and super jackpot lanes? My jackpots were 4 million and 8 million for super jackpots...I wasn't lucky...but you can really increase your score with a decent multiball run.
    Increasing your experience will increase the jackpot score values. If you can max out the experience (level 99; it's cumulative), you will get 10 million for each jackpot and 20 million for each super jackpot. And if you light up the additional jackpot/super jackpot lanes with the princess wheel, it will make it really easy to get those jackpots.

My level is only in the 40s (4 million per jackpot and 8 million per super jackpot), but I was still able to get a billion points on this table just by grinding those jackpots.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-09-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Yeah, Epic Quest is a lot of fun, but that's one table where I wouldn't worry about the high scores that much. Because of its experience system it's heavily skewed towards people that have played it a lot and are a higher level.

However, beating the dragon (after failing several times) was extremely satisfying for me! He's tough!

I'm level 49 at the moment.