Thread: When will the fake cheating high scores get removed?

Angry When will the fake cheating high scores get removed?

I know it's been mentioned before but I thought it would have been actioned by now.

One of the best things about pinball fx on steam is the addition of high score ranking, striving to to beat your friends score and top the global leaderboard. This has been ruined by the fake scores.

When will pavel.cacov's scores get removed. Over 2 billion on Ironman????, just take a look on how many hours playing has been clocked up by this player.

I've really enjoyed beating the genuine scores on some of the tables, but this is just spoiling the party.

More importantly, figure out a way to secure this so new fake scores don't get posted.

I'm also a little suspicious about this user. He has billion+ scores on 7 tables and only 8 hours of game time. That's around an hour a table. Dunno...

Any word on this devs?

Quote Originally Posted by pinballkid View Post
    I'm also a little suspicious about this user. He has billion+ scores on 7 tables and only 8 hours of game time. That's around an hour a table. Dunno...

Any word on this devs?
    How do we know its fake? Seems tough to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    Because Solitude confirmed that a couple of the scores are fake on another thread. They will need to work with Valve to deal with the abusers.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-03-2013 at 04:24 PM.

I don't know... a couple of us have smashed pavel.cacov's score on ESB and I can guarantee you I'm not cheating (not even deathsaving). Maybe he's got console versions of the game that he's been playing for ages (and knows something you don't), and has only recently started playing with Steam.

I wouldn't know about other tables. I'm only playing ESB, and his score on that table isn't so incredible really.

Pavel's score has been confirmed as cheating by Zen. If you click his name he doesn't even have a Steam profil (error message). And console highscores don't show in Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakass View Post
    I don't know... a couple of us have smashed pavel.cacov's score on ESB and I can guarantee you I'm not cheating (not even deathsaving). Maybe he's got console versions of the game that he's been playing for ages (and knows something you don't), and has only recently started playing with Steam.

I wouldn't know about other tables. I'm only playing ESB, and his score on that table isn't so incredible really.
    If you can get over 2 billion points on Iron Man (red flag), then you are pretty amazing. Iron Man is the lowest scoring table out of the bunch and there's really no way to easily inflate your score on that table. The highest scores on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are a little over 1 billion and it will take you several days if not weeks (with the save feature) to get that high of a score.

Fair enough. But if he cheated on ESB, he didn't do a terribly outstanding job of it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    I would have to guess it involves spoofing the web requests that record leaderboard scores or something, not cheating inside the game itself. Why these people find this kind of thing entertaining is beyond me. It's not like you get anything for high scores (except pride, but that only counts if you earn it). Maybe they think their friends will be impressed or something?

I actually think they're using some sort of "trainer" thing, where balls can't be lost or scores are inflated so that everything is worth millions. I dunno...

For him having a total of 8 hours played is alone a bit suspicious especially while having billion+ scores on 7 tables including Iron Man.

/tinfoil hat